BRUSH MASTERS

Founded 1986 • With Angi since October 2005

3.9

11775 95th Ave N

Osseo, MN 55369

Since 1986, Brush Masters has been providing: Painting, Drywall and Pre-Finishing services to Builders, Remodelers, Commercial Contractors, Restoration Companies, Property Managers, Architects, Designers, and Homeowners. We aspire to give each unique customer the services they need to make their

02/08/2017

Mike O.

Amazing from start to finish. Highly recommend. Great employees, easy process, wonderful workmanship. Painted my kitchen cabinets. If you are looking for a company that outshines the rest, Painterati is the place to hire!

Description of Work
Kitchen cabinet painting

04/22/2016

SHELLEY N.

Description of Work
The company that they owned, Painterati, handled the everything involved in scraping and painting exterior trim on my house. They demanded another $4000 after we signed their agreement. Without calling, they didn't show up for a meeting about the extra charge. They were late to the rescheduled one regarding the extra $4,000. After a lot of time and effort on our part, they finally admitted that they were wrong to have asked for more money. They were ignorant of and violated regulations on lead abatement, and their workers all sneaked away when someone noticed and commented. One of their workers was very rude. They used the wrong color paint on the entire job and wouldn't correct it unless I paid for repainting. Their work was sloppy.

04/12/2016

Clayton C.

I have 8 phone numbers and contacts as I was moved from person to person. Worst communication I have ever experienced with a contractor. Work done in 2014. Waited all 2015 season for a quote for follow-up work to finish the project but never received quote. Call spring 2016 again for quote and still no quote. Impossible to get them on schedule and know when they would show up and now I have an unfinished project.

Description of Work
Painted exterior window frames, stained interior window frames and an interior remodel

Category replacement windows, house painters

08/11/2014

Judith H.

It did not go well. The workmanship on the doors was poor - there were drips, spots missed, and the sanding was uneven to the point the doors looked wavy. There were even areas where the edges were broken off of the door. Plus the color was not the same as the original, which they assured me it would be at the beginning. The company’s communication and follow up was never good. It took several weeks for the sales rep to return my calls. I needed to ask several times for her to come out and look at the refinished doors that I was unhappy about. When we did meet, I pointed out all the poor work. She said they absolutely would not redo the doors but would work at fixing up some of the drips, etc. In the meantime I had asked another expert on garage doors to come and look at the doors. That company agreed the workmanship was well below industry standards. They also said the doors could never be sanded again because so much of the face had been sanded off the first time. I did not know what to do. Suddenly I received an e-mail from Brush Masters saying they would redo the doors. Since the doors could not be sanded again, they stripped the doors and stained them again. The workmanship on the doors was better the second time although they are not the beautiful doors I started out with. Also so much of the face has been sanded off that I will never be able to have them redone again. They will need to be replaced. There is much more to the story - phone calls not returned for weeks or ever, taking weeks to set up meetings, samples not dropped off for weeks, etc. Follow up to my concerns seemed unimportant to them. But, what exasperated the experience was the condescending and patronizing attitude given to me at almost every turn from the company. It was evident that because I was a woman and not wealthy, my concerns were dismissed and I was disrespected. P.S. This work was done last July. This weekend (a year plus later) I noticed the finish on the doors is already worn off in places.

Description of Work
I hired Brush Masters (Painterati) to redo my beautiful wood garage doors that had some hail damage.

07/10/2013

Brent F.

They probably are a little bit higher priced but they provide really good quality, are reliable and pay attention to detail.

Description of Work
I use Brush Masters for interior painting.

06/05/2012

CHRIS D.

They were absolutely fantastic to deal with. The company did the original paint inside and out when the house was built seven years ago and did some warranty work for us after we moved in. I was pleased with them then and chose them again based on reviews here, and I was not disappointed. I didn't get any other bids, but for the work they did the price seemed reasonable. They took great care with everything while they were here. I am very picky about things and they were meticulous about cleaning up and keeping the mess to a minimum. More importantly, they were friendly, took pride in their work and went above and beyond what other painters might do, based on my past experiences. Steve, a very pleasant guy, did a beautiful job on the interior work. I told him I was going to make him my personal Eldin, the live-in painter on Murphy Brown. Al, who did the front door on his last day with the company prior to moving out of state, did a fabulous job bringing our weathered, faded and peeling cherry front door back to life. I had been cautioned by the estimator that it would not look as good as new, but I actually think it does look better than when we first moved in. I would not hesitate to use them again and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
I hired Painterati, the residential division of Brushmasters, to stain and seal our badly weathered front door, and also to repair and repaint various interior wall cracks in preparation to list our house.

10/24/2011

Mark F.

They did a very good job overall. Things started one day late due to weather, but they called to inform us. For the entire job they were punctual. They did a good job on prep, they were very neat and cleaned up completely each day and the quality of the work appears very good. They were professional and communicated with us including calling us when we were away to inform us of their progress and when things would wrap up. Great experience overall, I would recommend them.

Description of Work
Complete exterior painting of typical suburban house, cedar front and Hardi siding on remainder. Note that work was performed by Painterati, their division that does private homes.

Category house painters, interior painters

Member we appreciate your business and glad we where able to help. If you should need anything from us in the future please let us know. We believe in building the relationship and making a customer for life and plan to earn that through our quality, commitment and guarantee. Thanks again! The Brush Masters Team

10/14/2011

ROGER K.

Very professional - good estimate, low. Good painter, personable, clean, finished completely in one day.

Description of Work
Painted kitchen - 3 walls with one color and 4th wall with another color. Painted stairwell.

Thank you member. We appreciate your business! Thanks, The Brush Masters Team

04/01/2011

SUSAN W.

They were always here on time and very clean. I didn't have to worry about any of the details for the project. They did such a great job we plan to have them back to paint and glaze our kitchen cabinets.

Description of Work
We replaced 49 crankout windows due to storm damage and Brushmasters did an excellent job in finishing them all to match our existing wood trim. They also painted out some of our wood to a white finish.

Category replacement windows, interior painters

01/20/2011

PETE C.

I don't remember how much we spent with them. The original guy that came out and did it, he did a wonderful job. Then they had another guy come out whose technique was different. The first guy didn't finish because he was on vacation the next day so they had a different guy come out. It didn't turn out good at all. But they had the original guy come out on a Monday and strip what the second guy did and it looks ten times better. We were happy with the original guy that came out and did the work. He was excellent, but we had this little glitch when the second guy came out. But they fixed the issue. I thought the price was okay. I would recommend the one guy that did the hard work.

Description of Work
We had our front door stained by Brush Masters.

Category house painters

11/29/2010

Larry S.

They had to come out a second time to do it over. The first time they ruined the windows, they used the wrong color stain. When they tried to sand it off they wrecked the windows and the windows had to be replaced.

Description of Work
Brush Masters stained interior wood trim around windows.

10/13/2010

Dean W.

They did a good job with the quote and they were professionl, but they were expensive.

Description of Work
I received an estimate from them for the exterior painting of the wood trim and windows on my home.

Category house painters

06/16/2010

John S.

Very nice job. When I compare my results to other newly installed replacement windonws or even new construction I feel like the quality of the work Brushmasters did was better. Did a very nice job matching stain color to other finishes. I would have appreciated more assistance matching kitchen ceiling paint though.

Description of Work
Stained and finished all newly installed windows in the home. Painted kitchen ceiling.

11/24/2009

Maura M.

They did a great job! They came with the contractor. We didn't supervise the work, but it still went very good. The cost was included in the amount of the remodel, they didn't break the price down seperately. We got a bid from them to do other painting, and the bid was pretty high. They also came in and finished some work that another contractor didn't complete.

Description of Work
I used Brush Masters to do our cabinet painting during a remodel.

10/28/2009

Sarah S.

They were excellent. They were the best people I ever had in my house. The windows were water damaged in a number of places. I was paying them by the hours because they didn’t know how long it would take for them to complete the work. Every window was different so it depended on the quality of the windows, etc. He kept me informed on how much time it was taking to do the work, how much more time he anticipated it would take, what his program was, etc. I was very informed on what he was doing. He explaining every step he was doing to the windows. He explained why he spent more time on one window versus another. He was very thorough in terms of explanation. He was very accountable in terms of how much time he took to complete the work. The price was expensive.

Description of Work
Brush Masters refinished around 15 windows for us in October.

Category replacement windows

08/30/2008

CHARLES & KATHLEEN M.

They have very good workmanship. The colors were very good. They showed up on time to do the work. They cleaned up everything when they were done working.

Description of Work
They restained all of our windows after they were put in.

Category house painters, interior painters

12/02/2006

ROY M.

Original painter, Rolando, did beautiful work, but the crew that came to do the touch ups after carpet installation did a really sub par job. You can see on the walls where any touch ups were done.

Description of Work
Prepared and painted high gloss enamel finish to new trim work and wainscoting, painted ceilings and walls of newly finished basement.

Come Back Home

I help my clients improve the quality of time they spend in their homes through decluttering, professional organizing, home styling, and decorating. I’m booked by the hour to meet you at whatever stage of decorating you’re undertaking. Whether that means a couple of hours of moving around furniture and art to give your rooms a refresh or new purpose or putting together a customized shopping list to complete the redesign of a room. I begin every new relationship with a consultation during which I help you design a step by step plan that can be carried out over time or all at once. My typical client relationship is one where they feel comfortable calling me back several times over the course of a year/s to either move on to the next step or start the next room. Style wise, each home project looks different because my goal is to create a dialogue between: your home's architectural style, your aspirational style, and the style of your current possessions. The result is a unique atmosphere where you can rest free of distractions and feel motivated to focus on your priorities.

Kaufman Sheet Metal & Roofing Inc

Kaufman Roofing has been in business since 1930, working in the Twin Cities and surrounding neighborhood. With the peculiar nuances affecting roofs in the Twin Cities; varying roof types (slate, tile, wood shakes, metal, & flat), harsh weather conditions, and seasonal extremes, our experience is invaluable. Our philosophy hasn't changed since we started doing roofs in Minneapolis, St. Paul, and the surrounding areas nearly a century ago.

The Original Driveway Design

The Original Driveway Design has been installing exceptional driveways since 1977 with continued focus on quality and design. We offer a very professional design staff to assist homeowners in solving your most challenging design issues. The Original Driveway Design’s asphalt crew does both traditional asphalt driveways as well as stamped asphalt. StreetPrint Pavement Texturing™ is the most innovative decorative paving system developed in the last 30 years. It gives customers the beauty of hand-placed decorative products, but also adds the benefits of a continuous surface, which inhibits both weed growth and shifting problems associated with freeze/thaw cycles and vehicle movements. The Original Driveway Design also has a very experienced concrete crew. We install traditional concrete and decorative concrete including exposed aggregate and stamped concrete which can be installed in a wide variety of colors and highlights. Our designers have helped home owners with many different concrete solutions including complete driveways, sidewalks, steps, stoops, patios, aprons, and garage floors. From the first contact The Original Driveway Design‘s goal is to help you solve your design issues. The Original Driveway Design will replace your old tired driveway, sidewalk, patio, or garage floor and give your home a whole new curb appeal. The Original Driveway Design is your one-stop shopping solution! Our professionals get the job done, from the design to the installation of ALL your asphalt and concrete needs. With offices in the west metro they service the entire metro area. Pick up the phone now and talk to a real person. Additional DBA - Driveway Design. Please note we do not offer: seal-coating, crack filling, residential snow removal, and concrete/asphalt patching

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

INTERIOR PAINTING, EXTERIOR PAINTING, DRYWALL: RACE TRACK CEILINGS, BARREL VAULTS, DOMED CEILINGS, ARCHED DOORWAYS, SPECIALTY FINISHES: DISTRESS, GLAZE, ENAMEL AND STAIN, VENETIAN PLASTERS: TEXSTON, MANDA MUDD AND AMERICAN CLAY, REPAIR SERVICES: DRYWALL REPAIRS, INTERIOR PAINT TOUCH UPS AND WOODWORK REPAIRS.