BRUSH MASTERS

Founded 1986 • With Angi since October 2005

3.9

Since 1986, Brush Masters has been providing: Painting, Drywall and Pre-Finishing services to Builders, Remodelers, Commercial Contractors, Restoration Companies, Property Managers, Architects, Designers, and Homeowners. We aspire to give each unique customer the services they need to make their business, or project, a success. We value Customer satisfaction. We value our People. We are a Collaborative company. We believe in Integrity. We are members of: *Builders Association of the Twin Cities *National Association of the Remodeling Industry *Better Business Bureau...

Kaufman Sheet Metal & Roofing Inc

Kaufman Roofing has been in business since 1930, working in the Twin Cities and surrounding neighborhood. With the peculiar nuances affecting roofs in the Twin Cities; varying roof types (slate, tile, wood shakes, metal, & flat), harsh weather conditions, and seasonal extremes, our experience is invaluable. Our philosophy hasn't changed since we started doing roofs in Minneapolis, St. Paul, and the surrounding areas nearly a century ago.

Eclipse Painting Inc

Eclipse painting is a professional full-service interior and exterior home and business painting company dedicated to preserving the life of your home or business with the best quality paints, stains, and coatings. We’ve been in business since 1993 and have earned a reputation as a premier painting contractor hiring only highly skilled full-time painting professionals to deliver the highest quality and service in the industry.

Vogelpohl Construction

Vogelpohl construction offers all types of work that can turn your home into your dream home, we are licensed and insured, have been in the construction business for almost 20 years take a look at the gallery and get some ideas!

02/08/2017

Amazing from start to finish. Highly recommend. Great employees, easy process, wonderful workmanship. Painted my kitchen cabinets. If you are looking for a company that outshines the rest, Painterati is the place to hire!

Description of Work
Kitchen cabinet painting

04/12/2016

I have 8 phone numbers and contacts as I was moved from person to person. Worst communication I have ever experienced with a contractor. Work done in 2014. Waited all 2015 season for a quote for follow-up work to finish the project but never received quote. Call spring 2016 again for quote and still no quote. Impossible to get them on schedule and know when they would show up and now I have an unfinished project.

Description of Work
Painted exterior window frames, stained interior window frames and an interior remodel

Category replacement windows,house painters

08/11/2014

It did not go well. The workmanship on the doors was poor - there were drips, spots missed, and the sanding was uneven to the point the doors looked wavy. There were even areas where the edges were broken off of the door. Plus the color was not the same as the original, which they assured me it would be at the beginning. The company’s communication and follow up was never good. It took several weeks for the sales rep to return my calls. I needed to ask several times for her to come out and look at the refinished doors that I was unhappy about. When we did meet, I pointed out all the poor work. She said they absolutely would not redo the doors but would work at fixing up some of the drips, etc. In the meantime I had asked another expert on garage doors to come and look at the doors. That company agreed the workmanship was well below industry standards. They also said the doors could never be sanded again because so much of the face had been sanded off the first time. I did not know what to do. Suddenly I received an e-mail from Brush Masters saying they would redo the doors. Since the doors could not be sanded again, they stripped the doors and stained them again. The workmanship on the doors was better the second time although they are not the beautiful doors I started out with. Also so much of the face has been sanded off that I will never be able to have them redone again. They will need to be replaced. There is much more to the story - phone calls not returned for weeks or ever, taking weeks to set up meetings, samples not dropped off for weeks, etc. Follow up to my concerns seemed unimportant to them. But, what exasperated the experience was the condescending and patronizing attitude given to me at almost every turn from the company. It was evident that because I was a woman and not wealthy, my concerns were dismissed and I was disrespected. P.S. This work was done last July. This weekend (a year plus later) I noticed the finish on the doors is already worn off in places.

Description of Work
I hired Brush Masters (Painterati) to redo my beautiful wood garage doors that had some hail damage.

07/10/2013

They probably are a little bit higher priced but they provide really good quality, are reliable and pay attention to detail.

Description of Work
I use Brush Masters for interior painting.

06/05/2012

They were absolutely fantastic to deal with. The company did the original paint inside and out when the house was built seven years ago and did some warranty work for us after we moved in. I was pleased with them then and chose them again based on reviews here, and I was not disappointed. I didn't get any other bids, but for the work they did the price seemed reasonable. They took great care with everything while they were here. I am very picky about things and they were meticulous about cleaning up and keeping the mess to a minimum. More importantly, they were friendly, took pride in their work and went above and beyond what other painters might do, based on my past experiences. Steve, a very pleasant guy, did a beautiful job on the interior work. I told him I was going to make him my personal Eldin, the live-in painter on Murphy Brown. Al, who did the front door on his last day with the company prior to moving out of state, did a fabulous job bringing our weathered, faded and peeling cherry front door back to life. I had been cautioned by the estimator that it would not look as good as new, but I actually think it does look better than when we first moved in. I would not hesitate to use them again and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
I hired Painterati, the residential division of Brushmasters, to stain and seal our badly weathered front door, and also to repair and repaint various interior wall cracks in preparation to list our house.

10/24/2011

They did a very good job overall. Things started one day late due to weather, but they called to inform us. For the entire job they were punctual. They did a good job on prep, they were very neat and cleaned up completely each day and the quality of the work appears very good. They were professional and communicated with us including calling us when we were away to inform us of their progress and when things would wrap up. Great experience overall, I would recommend them.

Description of Work
Complete exterior painting of typical suburban house, cedar front and Hardi siding on remainder. Note that work was performed by Painterati, their division that does private homes.

Category house painters,interior painters

Member we appreciate your business and glad we where able to help. If you should need anything from us in the future please let us know. We believe in building the relationship and making a customer for life and plan to earn that through our quality, commitment and guarantee. Thanks again! The Brush Masters Team

10/14/2011

Very professional - good estimate, low. Good painter, personable, clean, finished completely in one day.

Description of Work
Painted kitchen - 3 walls with one color and 4th wall with another color. Painted stairwell.

Thank you member. We appreciate your business! Thanks, The Brush Masters Team

04/01/2011

They were always here on time and very clean. I didn't have to worry about any of the details for the project. They did such a great job we plan to have them back to paint and glaze our kitchen cabinets.

Description of Work
We replaced 49 crankout windows due to storm damage and Brushmasters did an excellent job in finishing them all to match our existing wood trim. They also painted out some of our wood to a white finish.

Category replacement windows,interior painters

01/20/2011

I don't remember how much we spent with them. The original guy that came out and did it, he did a wonderful job. Then they had another guy come out whose technique was different. The first guy didn't finish because he was on vacation the next day so they had a different guy come out. It didn't turn out good at all. But they had the original guy come out on a Monday and strip what the second guy did and it looks ten times better. We were happy with the original guy that came out and did the work. He was excellent, but we had this little glitch when the second guy came out. But they fixed the issue. I thought the price was okay. I would recommend the one guy that did the hard work.

Description of Work
We had our front door stained by Brush Masters.

Category house painters

11/29/2010

They had to come out a second time to do it over. The first time they ruined the windows, they used the wrong color stain. When they tried to sand it off they wrecked the windows and the windows had to be replaced.

Description of Work
Brush Masters stained interior wood trim around windows.

Category interior painters

INTERIOR PAINTING, EXTERIOR PAINTING, DRYWALL: RACE TRACK CEILINGS, BARREL VAULTS, DOMED CEILINGS, ARCHED DOORWAYS, SPECIALTY FINISHES: DISTRESS, GLAZE, ENAMEL AND STAIN, VENETIAN PLASTERS: TEXSTON, MANDA MUDD AND AMERICAN CLAY, REPAIR SERVICES: DRYWALL REPAIRS, INTERIOR PAINT TOUCH UPS AND WOODWORK REPAIRS.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover