Archie's Lock & Safe

Founded 1965 • With Angi since April 2006

6233 Annapolis Ln N

Osseo, MN 55311

Proud to be locally owned and operated since 1965. Properly Bonded and Insured.

06/04/2018

Amy S.

He did a great job. He showed up when he said he was going to, good communication, and expertise was top notch. Definitely would hire him again.

Description of Work
Opened a lock when we were locked out

12/29/2016

H H.

For the original portion of the job and cost, this company was on time and professional. When I found that the extra keys I had copied did not work in the new locks, I had a second set made. When those did not work,I emailed Archie's. I got no response. I then called. He asked that I get the keys copied at Maple Lock. When this 3rd set of keys did not work in the new locks I called again.I had to be persistent to get Archie's back to my place. He asked that I call the next week, I did. He told me he couldn't help me that week. I set an appointment for the following week, asking him to contact me if he had a conflict. The day before, I called to confirm the date and time; I was assured he would be there. When he was 1/2 hour late, I called. He told me he would be there at 2:00. He then texted me to tell me he would be there at 2:35. As it was he was not there until closer to 3:00. Once he got there. He found that the keys were mis-copied and he fixed the problem. His work was good, his response to follow-up was lacking.

Description of Work
Replacing locks on house

09/16/2016

Jason B.

They were fine. They came out and just replaced the handle and lock. The gentleman that came out was very flexible on fixing the issue. He didn't have parts or anything but he actually went to a local hardware store and bought what he needed to fix the situation for me and just got it done. I really don't have anything bad to say about them. I felt like it was a little on the high end but service-wise he did kind of go above and beyond. I guess you would consider the service call average. I can't remember what it was but I do remember feeling that it was just a little on the high end.

Description of Work
They replaced a sliding patio door lock for me.

03/18/2016

CINDY K.

He was on time, the price was more than reasonable, went way out of his way working out the lock/key arrangement! I will never hesitate to call them, they are responsive, reasonable and great people to work with.

Description of Work
this is the 3rd time I have used Archie's services in the last 15 years. Lyle's son Blake came out to my home and re -keyed a dead bolt and door handle lock to match all out other locks. He then headed to my friends house 10 min away and re-keyed 7 locks, installed a new door handle w/lock and switched two door handles in order to re-key all of them to two keys!

11/24/2015

Andrew J.

Archie's was able to come perform the work the day after I called. They arrived 1.5 hrs early so I'm glad I was home. They completed re-keying 3 locks on the 2 doors in about 20 min.

Description of Work
Re-keyed 2 doors.

10/05/2015

Lisa B.

They were great. They were able to come out within 30 min of my call. They were friendly and helpful.

Description of Work
Replaced my locks.

10/05/2015

Daniel R.

Went fine. Blake the locksmith was 5 minutes early, very professional.

Description of Work
Changed all the locks in the house. Is going to come back later and add high security strike plates.

07/15/2015

Susan B.

We called Archie's Lock and Safe around 7:30 PM, hoping we could get someone out to our condo sometime during he next day. The key wouldn't go all the way into our lock so we couldn't go anyplace. We couldn't lock or unlock our door from the outside. The person we talked to asked if we could wait until the following week for someone to come out. We explained why we needed someone sooner and he cheerfully said, "Ok, someone will be at your home in about 20 minutes." And they were. A pleasant gentleman came, inspected our lock, and said that all we needed was for him to spray it. He explained that we didn't need anything more expensive done at this time. He only charged us for a service call. So...within 25 minutes after we made a phone call to Archie's Lock and Safe, our lock was fixed and in perfect working order once again. We will definitely call them when we need any lock work done in the future.

Description of Work
Sprayed our lock.

12/27/2014

Mark H.

We closed on our house on 12/16/14. We had not thought about changing all the locks until the day before. We called Archie's Lock and Safe and even with short notice he was more than willing to accommodate whatever time we wanted to meet him. When we arrived at our new house the morning after we closed, the owner of Archie's Lock and Safe and his son were already there, right on time. The two of them quickly changed out all our locks (there were four in total). He also told me a little about our lock systems which is nice background information to know. The two of them were very professional and friendly. After they finished changing out the locks I asked them if they would also reset our garage door openers to a different code. They said they did not normally do that but would give it a try. It took the son a very short amount of time to figure out how to do it and he reset both openers for both doors, even though it was a last minute request. If I ever need a locksmith in the future I will call Archie's Lock and Safe again and I highly recommend them to anyone else who needs to change out locks.

Description of Work
Changed out all the locks on our new house AND reset the garage door openers.

12/04/2014

Paulette F.

We recently bought a condo and needed to replace the front door and the storage locks. Lyle Mosher of Archies Locks was very accommendating, answering my questions, and gave me his rates over the phone. When I was ready for him to change the locks, I called and Lyle responded immediately. I also needed several keys for each lock. When he was done, Lyle incorporated one key for both locks. Less keys to manage, which is really nice. Lyle of Archies Lock was professional and a very kind man. I would hire him again if in need to change locks. Thank you Lyle.

Description of Work
To replace front door and storage locks with extra keys

07/13/2014

Kimberly A.

Even though we called on the Fourth of July, he was there within 45 minutes, just as he said he would be. He was very pleasant and professional, and the cost was about half of what we were expecting! I strongly recommend this service.

Description of Work
Got us into our house then replaced the deadbolt. Additional bonus: matched the new keys to our front door keys so we no longer have two separate sets of keys!

07/09/2014

Karen L.

Lyle was timely and efficient in replacing locks. We would use this service in the future.

Description of Work
Changed locks for house and garage.

05/27/2014

Sheri F.

They came out on a Sunday night, worked diligently on the lock until it was removed. They did no damage to the door. The lock had snapped off so had to be manually removed in pieces. The tech was on the cold side of the door but he worked on it until the work was done. He replaced the lock assembly the next day after I went out to purchase a set that would match the rest of the house. I would use them again in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
Drilled out a lock on door between garage and house and replaced the lock so I could continue using all one key for all locks.

04/30/2014

Mike L.

My house is for sale, and the inspector for the buyer took the key and left the house unlocked when he departed. Denies the whole incident. But on recommendation from the police, I went ahead and had the locks rekeyed. Archie's did work for me last summer during the storm, breaking in to my home (I was in Chicago) after the blackout so the neighbors could hook up my sump pump to their generator. They were quick to respond, quick to arrive, and very reasonably priced for the replacement of the locks. I would use them again in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
Rekeyed 6 lock cylinders on my home

02/02/2014

Christopher S.

Even though we called on Super Bowl Sunday, we were able to get service within just a few hours of making the first call. That was a very unexpected and appreciated result. The job was well done and we definitely would recommend to others. Even with this emergency service, the price was still quite a bit less than when we've worked with other locksmiths. So, fair prices, good work, and fast response. We are happy with no complaints at all.

Description of Work
Re-keyed a an existing lock and replaced another lock at our restaurant

10/28/2013

sue L.

They were very timely. He went out of his way to meet our needs. He replaced the locks on two doors and replaced the keys. We were very pleased with him and I would definitely call him back again.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for a Locksmith Service Call and Two Re-Keys.

08/21/2013

Lynne P.

Archie is the man who came and he is a very nice person. His age and weight slow him up quite a bit. I'm just two years older so understand but I think the price should be adjusted for his pace. He did all the requested work very well and we are satisfied with the results. But $400 for two hours is pretty high.

Description of Work
Replaced locks and rekeyed locks

06/17/2013

Janet B.

He did a nice job and did everything that we asked of him.

Description of Work
Big Deal-$45 for a Locksmith Service Call and Two Re-Keys.

05/13/2013

Joseph S.

He was on-time, called for confirmation and did exactly what I wanted to have done. Everything was done well and to my expectation.

Description of Work
Re-keyed my front door lock and deadbolt.

05/09/2013

Ping Z.

The repairman put an inside lock on my sliding door and checked on other minor items on the house. Good service. Will hire again.

Description of Work
The repairman came late but called to notify me. He put an inside lock on my sliding door and checked on other minor items on the house. Good service. Will hire again.

02/15/2013

Sheri F.

This locksmith is a winner! See the above description. They went above and beyond the call of duty for me. I would hire them again and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
I called them out on a Sunday night when the lock on the service door between the house and garage broke due to the winter shift in the house. That has never happened before so I had no idea why I could not open the door. They came out within an hour, worked diligently in the cold garage prying the lock out. He adjusted the door so that there was enough room for the shift without compromising the seal. The gentleman was very professional, prompt, and tenacious in not only replacing the lock but also identifying what caused the problem and made adjustments necessary. This business went above and beyond the call of duty during the weekend. I would recommend them in a heartbeat to anyone needing lock service.

01/09/2013

Karin G.

It was an Angie's List Big Deal. They were able to come promptly and they were on time. Interestingly their company was the one that had done the locks maybe 20 years ago so I knew the reputation of the company is very good. They are very local and very close to our house. They are almost neighborhood which always makes me feel better.

Description of Work
I used Archie's Lock and Safe for locks.

12/21/2012

MAUREEN KANE B.

it went great. See description above, Nothing else to add.

Description of Work
Our front door needed a new functional lock and doorknob combination. Archie's came out quickly, recommended a good lock and knob combination, provided it at a good price and installed it quickly.

12/13/2012

Jodi H.

The overall experience was painless and efficient. I would use Archie's for future needs.

Description of Work
The person that performed the services was prompt (even a little early) and courteous. I had him re-key all of my outside doors. I had him do a few additional locks beyond the "Angie's coupon", which came to $35. I felt this was a bargain.

12/10/2012

Farzana A.

Came on a Thanksgiving day as we were locked out of our newly purchased home Excellent professional service.

Description of Work
EXCELLENT SERVICE.

Category locksmith, doors

Fast Eddys Keys Express

Hi I’m Edward Mann Owner of Fast Eddys Keys Express. I provide mobile locksmith service for the Minneapolis MN area. I also provide a really efficient Lockout Service for Autos, Homes and Businesses I’m fully Insured and bonded. I provide Residential Locksmith Service, Commercial Locksmith Service, and Automotive Locksmith Service. I have been a Minneapolis locksmith since 1985. When a lock needs to be changed; due to theft, personnel policy, loss of a key, there’s no time to waste. Fortunately, Fast Eddys Keys Express provides locksmith service to any location in the Minneapolis Metropolitan area of Minnesota. In addition, the most common cause of unauthorized entry through a locked door is by using a duplicate key. Standard keys to your property can be made on demand in countless places. My suggestion is to replace standard locks with high security products by Schlage Primus. My Primus key’s are not sold to any one but me. That prevents duplication without the property owner and/or residents permission. Upgrade your lock and keys with products that are not sold at the hardware stores. You would be amazed at the quality difference between the products I provide and those hardware stores sell. I take your safety and security very personally. I have seen too many home invasions. It’s very disturbing. My passion is to help stop the anarchy and the damage to your life, homes and business. Locked Out? If you’re having one of those days and get locked out. I will get you in so fast, you will wonder why you were so stressed out to begin with. We unlock auto’s, home’s and business’s. I love what I do for work and take great pride in my work. I hope you think so also. Satisfaction guaranteed. Thank you: Edward Mann Please also Visit our Bog at blog.ourlocksmith.com or our website at ourlocksmith.com

HIGGINS CONSTRUCTION

If you are not feeling the love then you are not experiencing the Higgins way. It is our aim to be sensitive to how every aspect of a remodel project effects your life. We ask these questions of every project we are undertaking: • Is this project aligned with the homeowners long-term goals as it relates to real estate values, family size etc? • Is this project economically feasible? • How do we do this in a way that minimizes impact on the homeowners daily routine? • Is it feasible for us to meet all of the homeowners expectation at this price point? • Are we dealing with issues as they arise so the homeowner knows what we know? • When the project is completely done does the homeowner feel totally taken care of?

Patio Door Guys

The Patio Door Guys is your premier sliding glass door company, a division of Lake Region Home Improvement. We Install Alside Brand sliding patio doors and windows.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Commercial, Residential, & Auto Locksmith Service. Master keying, Auto Lockouts, Closers Panic Bars, Deadbolts & Doorknobs Replaced & Rekeyed. Door Replacement.

New Electronic Key Fabrication