Abbey Design Center

Founded 1989 • With Angi since August 2004

233 Central Ave

Osseo, MN 55369

At Abbey Design Center, we offer custom solutions for your home remodeling needs specializing in Kitchen & Bath Remodeling. This includes flooring, cabinets, countertops, and more. We focus on your project being your home, and because of that we seek to find the best products for you that will perform in your space, considering your own personal lifestyle needs (i.e dogs, kids, single living, contemporary design, antiques, etc.). We have a beautiful showroom with a knowledgeable sales staff that will help you find the solutions for your remodeling projects!...

10/14/2020

Ginny (Virginia) E.

The service was well done, very well done. They did a really good job, they were efficient, and very easy to deal with.

Description of Work
They put insulation on my ceiling of my garage.

Category insulation

10/14/2020

Sharon & Marvin L.

It was excellent. The workers showed up on time, they followed the time line to finished the job, very pleasant, personable, and courteous. The workers at the design shop helped us with the selection of the materials.

Description of Work
They did remodeling - finished the bathroom shower and put some kitchen lighting. They also put countertops, new sink and faucet in the bathroom, kitchen and master bathroom.

Category remodeling

12/01/2018

Ray C.

Their service is the best I have ever seen. The upfront price quote, choosing the materials, punctuality, continued updates before the service, and honesty. The people whom did the install are top notch. They were on time, hard working and focused. They are truly artists! The very detail and above all the professionalism. Great conversation, they always had a warm karma, never crabby or indifferent. I will be ready for the next project, and will highly recommend them (I already informed my sister for her house).

Description of Work
New carpeting basement stairs and basement hallway. And recently a new kitchen floor.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

Thank you so much for your kind words and for the opportunity to help improve your flooring! We really appreciate your feedback.

08/13/2018

JIM N.

It all went great. The installers did a great job - very happy with the results.

Description of Work
Replaced all carpet in our townhouse with luxury vinyl, put new tile in bathrooms and added shoes to all baseboards.

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, flooring contractor

Thanks for leaving us your feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how everything went!

04/22/2018

Ed R.

Splendidly. Kent listened to the features I was looking for in flooring and recommended the perfect laminate -- beautiful looking and easy care. The work was done on schedule and each day his crew cleaned the work area before leaving for the day. The result is a beautifully blended new flooring that coordinates with the existing baseboards and other wood trim.

Description of Work
new flooring in the living room, dining room, kitchen, hallway and master bedroom

04/22/2018

Ed R.

splendidly! Kent arrived as scheduled for a measure of the rooms/ areas to have replacement flooring installed. At that time he inquired and listened to what I wanted out of new flooring: a wood-look that would blend with existing woodwork, easy care. He recommended a laminate flooring that I fell in love with and immediately ordered. Kent and his crew arrived each day as scheduled and performed the work with minimal disruption to our daily routines. Each day the work site was cleaned and we were given updates of what was to be done the next day. Kent has a great work ethic and does quality work which is why we have scheduled him to remodel two bathrooms this summer.

Description of Work
Flooring for living room, dining room, kitchen, hallway, stairway and bedroom

Category flooring contractor

Thank you for your kind feedback! We truly appreciate your business and we're happy to hear that the remodeling process went smoothly on your end. -The Team at Abbey Design Center in Osseo

11/01/2017

Addison K.

Everything went just as they promised. The installers were awesome and paid attention to detail. Bob at the store was always available when I called. Kent (owner) was the salesperson. He came out to our home with samples, he went above and beyond for us. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Vinyl floors, carpet & custom rugs

09/18/2017

Julie F.

We are thrilled with our new kitchen. Quality products and professional service. We will definitely use Abbey Carpet for future projects.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel. Installed Cambria countertop, tile backsplash, sink, faucet, under cabinet lighting and luxury vinyl tile flooring.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, home remodeling

06/02/2017

Brian V.

Great, I remodeled the kitchen. During the demolition, I found that I had water leaking in from above a window and in from a gable vent. Kent coached me on what to do, then helped with the mold remediation as well. We had another issue I knew need to be addressed. A previous owner added an addition to the kitchen. The floor was not level. Kent leveled the floor before we started installation of cabinets.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel- Kent did a great job installing cabinets.

Category flooring contractor, home remodeling

11/29/2016

Sue K.

Excellent. We were a bit anxious about choosing one carpet for the entire house, but with Kent's help, we found the perfect one and we love it! The installers , Matt & Brennan, were fabulous. Very professional and conscientious. Took plenty of time to get the details right. They cleaned up before they left every day. Having great installers makes a world of difference. Kent and Sheila couldn't have been nicer helping us in the store and with scheduling a large project ( at least to us!) Although they were not the cheapest alternative, we believe our money was very well spent. We have already recommended them to family and friends without hesitation!

Description of Work
Replaced the carpeting in our entire house - 4 bedrooms, living room, family room, porch, hallway & steps. Some over wood sub-flooring, some concrete.

08/23/2016

JULIA J.

We couldn't be happier. Kent Robinson, President of the Abbey Design Center in Osseo, MN, was involved in the entire process, from estimate to installation. We are very impressed by the quality in workmanship and attention to every detail that was used when restretching our carpet. They are professional, respectful, and an honest company to do business with. If you want the job done right, this is the business to hire. Our carpet was originally installed by another company. Abbey carpet had to replace/repair the original tack strip to insure it was done right and would stay in place as it should. They take pride in doing a good job. I learned that they are a full service remodeling contractor and we will be calling them for estimates, ideas for other updates in our home.

Description of Work
restretch basement carpet

08/09/2016

Connue A.

Amazing help in the store helping pick out a new floor. I wasnt sure what I wanted but I am thrilled with the new floor. They were flexible with the install time. They showed up exactly when they promised and did exactly what they promised. it was clean and neat. Very professional install. I have used big box installers just in the past but never again. Abby carpet is very good and very professional. Excellent work. They even left a door care package. I am totally impressed so much so that I am now going back door living room carpet

Description of Work
Installed new kitchen subfloor and tiles. Moved appliances

Category carpet installation, home remodeling

10/01/2015

Michelle P.

Excellent job. Abbey has a large selection of wood flooring - from laminate to engineered to real wood. We selected a Natural Maple with distinct color variations. The installer did an excellent job of insuring that these differing colors were spread throughout the floor so it looks very unique and natural, this took them extra time but was well worth the effort. Given the small size of our 60's split entry, they had to move some of our furniture from one area to another as they worked on the floor. None of the furniture was damaged in anyway. Have recommended them to family and friends.

Description of Work
Replaced carpet and linoleum throughout kitchen, living room, dining room and hallway with Hard Wood Floors

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, remodeling, home remodeling

08/28/2015

JoAnn S.

Great. Arrived promptly at 8, gone by 10.

Description of Work
Installed new pad and carpet on master bedroom.

06/19/2015

Lee T.

Were very professional in their approach. We were pleased with all the results. Carpet beautifully installed. They recognized some unexpected problems and dealt with them as needed. We will definitely use Abbey Carpet again. Ardelle and Lee T. Maple Grove, MN.

Description of Work
Installed carpet.repaired sub flooring, Several odd jobs.

04/06/2015

MARILYN P.

The people at Abbey Carpet were very knowledgeable about carpet and were nice to deal with. The installer did a good job of installing the carpet. The carpet was installed over cement and they, as well as tack the carpet, glued it down to prevent the carpet buckling if heavy furniture was moved across the floor. Their price was a bit high in comparison to Hom, but we decided to go with Abbey.

Description of Work
Carpeted one room.

03/24/2015

Tom J.

They were very good. We didn’t bid out the price but the price seemed reasonable. They knew what they were about and they didn’t mess around. They told us exactly what was going to happen and what it was going to take. They didn’t over-blow anything.

Description of Work
Abbey Flooring did some flooring.

03/13/2015

Matt M.

Happy with the service during, and after the install! Will do business with them again.

Description of Work
I purchased new kitchen/entryway flooring and had Abbey Carpet install it for us. They put a new subfloor down before laying the new floor, took all of our trim off around the floor, sanded it, stained it - it looks like new! The floor itself is beautiful! The guys at Abbey Carpet also sanded down the feet of our kitchen chairs and put pads on them so they sit flat and won't scratch the surface of the floor as we slide back and forth; and put pads on the kitchen table. We received a mop and cleaner included in our cost. I did my research with other local installers and Abbey is by far the lowest price installed. All the extras and Kent's (the owner) professionalism and eye for detail sold me.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor, home remodeling

11/14/2014

phil S.

friendly family owned,very good price,very accurate measurement,one place told me I needed 351 square feet,abbey carpet measured 318 square feet which is quite a bit less,very good at explaining the different types and grades of carpet,perfect carpet instalation,this is the 3rd livingroom carpet and stairs i've had done in my house and probably the best overall job done.when I am done remodling the two upstairs bedrooms I will be calling them again.

Description of Work
new carpet plus installation

11/14/2014

JIM B.

The installation was fine. The only thing I have to say is the showroom is complete but not organized in way that was easy to understand. The price was good, the salesperson was excellent.

Description of Work
They installed new carpet in two rooms and a hallway.

06/23/2014

Pamela A.

I think they should suggest to have the customers try to vacuume what they chose to purchase. This carpet is too plush that I purchased, and I cannot find 1 vacuume that will work on this. Like the carpet. Hate that I cannot vacuume it.

Description of Work
The team takes pride in their work, and I like that from the sale to the install, they are all one team. They are not contracted out to another company, like many are, and I really like that.

05/19/2014

Jim E.

They were good and I will use them again.

Description of Work
I used Abby Carpet And Remodeling to do some work on my floor and it was ok.

04/14/2014

Teri B.

It was a great experience. Kent helped me pick a few appropriate choices, I took samples home, chose one and he was out the same day to measure. The carpet was installed within the week and they were quick and efficient. It looks great and I've had many compliments. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Removed old carpet and replaced with new carpet and pad.

04/01/2014

TERESA A W.

This is a family owned and operated business and they have many year's experience. I visited their store after going to many other places. I have carpet in my house from Abby Carpet 15 years old and looking good!! I wanted a particular style of carpet for the bedroom that I wasn't finding at the other stores - and there it was! I had trouble deciding on color and when I took samples back I said I thought I needed help. Zack said - how about I come over this afternoon and help - and he did! He measured and helped with colors (which turned out really well). He also gave me advice on type of carpet for stairs. I bought the carpet and 1 week later they were here to install it (the owner and one of their other installers - no contract people, all work for them). They were here exactly when they said they would be. I felt free to tell them about problems from prior installs, and they talked to me about what they would do to correct them. I had some heavy furniture in the lower level and the bed in the bedroom that they moved for me. When time to put the rooms back together, they moved those pieces back and helped with all the others that I had moved myself. I was very impressed with the carpet and pad - there was no smell at all! They vacuumed the new carpet thoroughly. Very Very nice people, and Excellent service.

Description of Work
They helped me select carpet for a bedroom, and a stairway/landing and large room on my lower level. They installed all of the carpet after taking out my old carpet, they moved furniture for me, vacuumed the new carpet, and helped me put the rooms back together. This was as 16X16 room, stairs, and a 12/14 room

10/22/2006

EILEEN B.

They were great. Kent had some very creative problem solving in some trouble spots when he came to give us the estimate. It took 2-3 weeks to come back out to do the project. They finished all that work in 3 days, although he did have to come back to finish the fireplace which needed time to set before grouting. They were efficient, neat, friendly and accommodating.

Description of Work
New laminate wood flooring installed in kitchen, family room, den. New flooring installed in laundry room. New stone tile around fireplace. Mantel repair.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, fireplaces