A to Z Construction Inc.

Founded 2004 • With Angi since May 2005

We Specialize in Bathroom Remodeling as well as Roofing, Siding, Windows & Storm Damage Restoration. 20+ Years of Quality Services! Call us for a FREE ESTIMATE 763-424-1884 or Text at: 612-366-1386. Website: www.atoz-construction.com or email us to: info@atoz-construction.com We have 550 +

Hail Storm Damage Repairs

roofing

201755444
Working directly with homeowners insurance and replaced the roof, window wraps, garage doors, soffit and window screens
View project

tile installation (340)home remodeling (143)roofing (23)siding companies (13)door installation (9)window replacement (5)decks & porches (2)flooring (79)plumbers (63)bathtub refinishing (32)drywall (23)countertop installation (21)

10/12/2022

Desiree H.

I hired them to remodel my kitchen after a pipe leak required the removal of some of my previous cabinets and much of the flooring. It seemed to start well, with us going to a store to pick out cabinets. Those cabinet plans had the dimensions of my existing cabinets, which is something I really wanted. I was told it would take a couple of months because of supply chain issues. I was told there were faster options, and I kept saying that while I wanted things done, I would rather have them done right, even it it means taking a little longer. When I checked in a couple of months later, I just kept getting vague responses of "I'm going to check back with them again tomorrow" or "I hope they will have better news for us." But never hearing what the news was. Eventually, I find the order was either never placed or was lost by the store. Ok. At this point, it has been a while. But Pat told me he knew of some custom cabinet makers that could get me cabinets, but I would need to be okay with a different front. He brought them to my house so they could measure the existing cabinets. (At least the ones that were still there.) I was assured I would be getting the same size. At some point, they added a temporary sink, during which time it was discovered that the insulation inside the walls was also damaged. I had a verbal promise to replace the insulation. I reminded Pat via text that I expected this to get replaced. When it was time to install the cabinets, they seemed to have forgotten their tools. I was out of town, but I had messages about needing to use my pliers and I got home to find them using my ladder. The damaged/moldy insulation had not been removed and replaced. The upper cabinets were smaller than my original ones, to the point where they had to put in extra wide crown molding to hide where the ceiling hadn't been painted. I have a large rectangular piece missing in the bottom of my sink cabinet because they did not have a hole saw and did not want to take the pipe fittings off. The stove no longer sits close to the wall, but several inches out. I made them take out the cabinet to remove the insulation. They did not replace the drywall, but used plastic sheeting. They nicked the cabinet in several places while removing and reinstalling the cabinet. This is the same cabinet that has the large hole in the bottom. When I asked about the cabinet size, Pat told me that replacing the cabinets with the correct size was not an option. (The cabinets were shorter and installed an inch higher than the prior cabinets. They were also shallower, which put things farther out of reach for me.) But he can only do that on one side. So my choices are having uneven cabinets or having to use a step stool on a daily basis. Because they are shorter, they do not have as many shelves. All he would do is lower them. I was not happy with that and said that I wanted them fixed. I said I would take the lowering since they refused to make it right and my insurance would not get involved, but made it clear that I was unhappy with not receiving what I had ordered. My trash can drawer does not fit the standard kitchen sized trash cans that it used to fit. The cabinets I had ordered were plywood. They switched materials to MDF. They did use a very thick MDF. I am not sure if that means it is higher quality. But it does mean my trash can drawer has lost so much width that it does not fit my trash cans. I have custom drawers that are skinnier than my originals with spacers put in to make them look the same size. The cabinet doors are longer to hide the fact that the cabinets behind them are shorter than I ordered. The tile floors in my galley kitchen took a week to install. With the weekend and the time for things to set, I did not have access to my kitchen for 8 days. That meant I had to leash my dogs every time the needed to go outside, bring my laundry outside and through my garage to get to the laundry room. I still have not received an explanation for why it took that long. When they did any sort of demolition or construction that caused dust, they did not do anything to mitigate dust from circulating through the house. They did pay offer to pay for a hotel when I could not get everything cleaned that night. They took up the cement board and used a broom to sweep everything up, while the air conditioner and fans were running. They did not use a single tarp that day. I had cloud of dust throughout the whole house. Not a single surface was clean. My window air conditioner was left coated in dust inside and out. Pat offered to replace it, but I have yet to see the replacement. I have not yet been paid for the hotel, either. I hope it is just in process. The most frustrating part of the experience besides not getting what I ordered, is the lack of communication. Changes in plans were never communicated. I was never given plans to approve. I picked out backsplash when it became evident that the cabinets were so short that the existing backsplash would need to be replaced so I wouldn't have bare walls showing. But now I'm being asked to pick some out again. I asked what happened to my original choice, but have not had a response. Until Saturday, I hadn't had an update since August. I emailed September 27th and asked for an update in writing and for them to confirm that they were refusing to fix their mistake in the size of the cabinets. I got an email from the owner that Pat would respond. He didn't. I emailed again on the 8th. Instead of a written response, I got a voicemail. I emailed again saying I needed it in writing. I did not hear back. I got a text saying the contractors were coming tomorrow to lower the cabinets. I asked again for Pat to respond to my complaints in writing. He said he wasn't refusing. But I still do not have a written response. And they have refused to fix their mistake and only offered a poor substitute. I may have been okay with some of the changes had they been properly communicated. I could understand the order getting lost, but not the (almost) month of my texting before finally giving me a response. My first text asking for an update was May 6th. I got a response on May 8th saying he would check the next day. I didn't hear back, so texted again on the 11th and 16th. Got a response on the 17th that he would check the next day. I never heard back the next day. I tried being patient and texted again the 28th. Got a response that he was checking the next day. I texted on the 31st asking him to let me know what Menards had said. I finally called Menards myself to find out that they did not have a record of the order. When I called Pat to ask him why Menards did not have a record, he finally told me that the order was lost. After having the cabinets installed in August and texting Pat my issues with the cabinets, I did not hear back until October and even that took 11 days. The kitchen is still a work in progress eight months later. I don't have base boards. The paint is chipped from taking the old cabinets out. The stove has a huge gap between it and the wall and something seems to be keeping it from going back where it used to be. I can hope that some of that will be taken care of before long. But there is noting at this point that could make me satisfied with the experience of working with this company. They could still make the final product right, but the last 8 months have been extremely frustrating and I still do not have a completed kitchen.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel after leak

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/12/2022

Review for A to Z Construction Inc. - 124 CR-81 N, Osseo, MN - 39907184

10/10/2022

CHRIS D.

Val and team did a great job re-doing my basement bath. They converted it from an old gross 80's surround to a tiled masterpiece. As with any construction project, once they opened the walls, they found some unexpected issues. I asked them if they could pivot away from that to do something different in the bathroom and he quickly said that sure he could do that. I looked at other companies to replace the tile in the bathroom and they all would only do the tile and I would have to find my own plumber as well as do my own demo. Since A to Z is a remodeler, they can include all that in the price and the price was very reasonable. I would recommend this company to anyone.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category bathtub refinishing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/26/2022

Review for A to Z Construction Inc. - 124 CR-81 N, Osseo, MN - 39903874

Thank you for the Review! Always a pleasure doing business!

08/03/2022

Bonnie M.

A to Z Construction updated my 1989 bathroom. It's beautiful! Val and Eli were great to work with. On schedule, on time, quick to respond to any concerns, hard-working, quality workmanship and definitely making sure the customer is happy. I've recommended them to friends and would hire them again.

Description of Work
Update 1989 bathroom

Category bathtub refinishing

Work Completed On 06/24/2022

Appreciate the Review!

08/07/2021

Hugh K.

We were very happy with A to Z Construction Our Sales/Field Manager J. Anderson was a professional in every sense of the word. He was knowledgeable, personable and always available to answer questions and keep us up to date on the progress of our project. The crew was friendly, hard workers and did a great job (including clean up). We would highly recommend A to Z for your siding needs.

Description of Work
Re-siding Home and garage

Category siding

Work Completed On 08/02/2021

Thank you so much for the review! It’s been our pleasure doing business with you! God Bless!

07/04/2021

Patrick K.

The guys started on the day we had planned a couple months earlier, arrived punctually each day, and were done in 3 and a half days. They installed a new shower and painted in my master bath, and they installed new flooring, baseboards, and faucets in both my master bath and a second bathroom. I was pleased with the results. It was easy to work with Val to get everything set up, and he even convinced me that some further upgrades (new countertop) would not be a good choice for my project. The total price was $9400, which included everything except the cost of the paint and faucets.

Description of Work
Bathroom Refresh

Category flooring contractor, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/24/2021

05/25/2021

Mary B.

The job was done very well. The workers were considerate of my home and did an excellent job. I wouldn't hesitate hiring them again in the future.

Description of Work
Resided the house with vinyl siding

Category siding

Work Completed On 05/25/2020

12/23/2020

Art G.

Can not expound on the fantastic work these guys did for us. They had problems with the shower and went back to the store 3 times until they got the correct parts to make it right for us. Val and his team were so so polite and easy to work with, would hire them back in a New York minute. Always on time and cleaned up after themselves, never left a mess. Will definitely use them again!! 5 STARS all the way.

Description of Work
Bath remodel

Category bathtub refinishing, ceramic tile, plumbing

Work Completed On 12/23/2020

11/03/2020

Sarah N.

Prompt response and helpful explanation of findings was much appreciated. Very flexible with rescheduling meeting (several times) with insurance appraiser due to weather. We are waiting to hear a decision from our insurance company, so no work has been done at this point. The initial inspection process has been very smooth, though.

Description of Work
Roof inspection for hail damage.

Work Completed On 11/03/2020

09/22/2020

Mandy M.

Our experience with A to Z was wonderful from estimate to finish. They did a great job on our porch remodel, were extremely knowledgeable, kept us informed, and were very friendly. Serge was our installer and was amazing! Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Porch remodel

Category decks, remodeling, woodworking

Work Completed On 09/01/2020

Thank you so much for the review! It has been a pleasure doing business with you!

09/08/2020

Shelley N.

Excellent. I am very pleased with the outcome of the bathroom remodel. A to Z Construction were great to work with, completed the job on schedule and recommended some very good ideas and enhancements to make the bathroom look great!

Description of Work
total bathroom remodel

Work Completed On 09/08/2020

09/03/2020

shelley N.

Excellent job. Very happy with the completed project. Val and his crew were so easy to work with. Respectful and very hard working. Completed the job in a timely manner at a competitive but fair price. Highly recommend A to Z Construction

Description of Work
bathroom remodel

Work Completed On 09/04/2020

08/24/2020

Jackie H.

We found A to Z through research on Angie's list. We found three companies to "interview" and get bids from. From the start, Pat, was our contact at A to Z and he was amazing. The other two companies sent reps we were not impressed with and sent bids weeks later, and we knew instantly we made the right decision picking Pat. Pat, sent his bid, almost immediately, and stuck with it. He came to our house within a day or two of our email request to discuss and see our house. He knew everything about their offerings, how it would work, how they would handle our house, etc. We had a lot of questions for him, and he was great at answering everything. We did a really cool design with shakes on the front on wider planks on the sides of the house, and that was no issue for Pat and his quote. He even brought over a sample of the shakes a few days later to make sure they were the right shakes I wanted. The best part of Pat's follow through- he never felt pushy, or strong selling us, but yet he was super attentive and easy to get a hold of. Only one day he didn't answer immediately (which is totally fine), and it was because he was actually helping his crew with some siding! Which we thought was super impressive! Our crew was AMAZING. A++++++. We had Sergei and his dad Nick, and they were the best crew you could ask for. Showed up early, worked really **** ** our house, super exact, super clean, cleaned up everything each night, very friendly, etc. We brought them out treat, lunch and drinks every day because they were so nice. A to Z uses Alside Siding- and we love the product so far, but Alside's website has a feature that you can load your house photo, and change the look of the house (you do not have to be super techie to do it) and it is free if you do it yourself. It gave us a really good perspective of how our house would look. This was a fun tool to look at different colors and widths of planks. Overall, an amazing experience start to finish and it made our housing project super easy. Compared to the other companies, their bid was right inline so we were happy with the cost as well. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Siding, soffit, fascia and windows.

Category siding, replacement windows, antiques

Work Completed On 08/03/2020

08/23/2020

Leslie B.

A to Z performed the work extremely well, and efficiently, and at a good price. We could not be more happy! The bathroom looks GREAT!!

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category ceramic tile, drywall, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/23/2020

07/08/2020

Wendy S.

Quality work, excellent pricing and fabulous communication. I highly recommend!

Description of Work
Three bathrooms remodeled in early 2020

Category antiques, home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/01/2020

06/15/2020

Ann R.

Great! A to Z Construction removed old slate tile floor and replaced with new porcelain tile after cleaning and sealing the rest of the tile shower. They were prompt, kept work site clean and were easy to work with. Their bid was less than others we contacted. We will hire again if we have another project in the future.

Description of Work
Shower floor was deteriorating and needed to be replaced

Work Completed On 05/13/2020

06/12/2020

TIP T.

They were very good. They were knowledgeable, and did a good quality job for a reasonable price. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They replaced a shower in our master bathroom.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 06/05/2020

04/28/2020

Misha L.

Val and his crew did a great job. They showed up when they said they would show up, took care in avoiding making a mess, informed us in advance when the water would be off and for how long, and cleaned up after themselves every day. They were courteous and friendly, and were not that intrusive considering the work they were doing. The quote was accurate and only went over a small amount because I asked for additional insulation to be added. 100% would hire again when we need the basement bathroom redone.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

Category plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/04/2020

03/03/2020

Diane L.

I had around 30 square feet of smallish glass tile installed in 3 kitchen backsplash areas. Estimate was fair considering difficulty of tile, work is beautiful. Crew shows up on time, completes and cleans up as expected. I needed some follow up because of a few flaws in the spacing on the glued-in tile sheets that made the tiles not lie straight. We could not detect these flaws until after the grout was in. Val did not hesitate to send the team out the next day to align the tiles. I am so impressed by the professionalism and workmanship. This is the second project I had A to Z do in terms of tiling. I would not hesitate to recommend them for any work. We have been renovating our older home over the last few years and worked with many individual contractors for various projects. A to Z is the best so far in quality, professionalism, and doing exactly as promised.

Description of Work
Kitchen Backsplash

Category ceramic tile

Work Completed On 03/03/2020

02/04/2020

Jason R.

We had a wonderful experience with A to Z Contracting. They have the best customer service and keep communication throughout the entire job. They are professional, courteous, and efficient. They are always on time and they never leave a mess. I was also impressed with how quickly they were able to get my roof started. Such a wonderful team and a wonderful company. Best roofing contractor in Osseo.

Description of Work
new roof installation

Work Completed On 01/29/2020

02/03/2020

Megan H.

We were recently looking to sell our house and move to St Paul. I wanted to raise the market value of my house and sure enough and knew that the roof had to be redone. We called A to Z Contracting and they gave me a quote, it wasn't the lowest I got but I needed someone trustworthy. What I loved most about them was that they were not pushy at all and I did not feel rushed into purchasing their service.

Description of Work
They redone our roof

Work Completed On 01/28/2020

Thank you so much for the review!

02/02/2020

Joe H.

A to Z Contracting and their staff were extremely helpful and we're able to answer all of my questions quickly and in a way that was easy to understand. They have a wide variety of options and brands to choose from for all your construction needs. We got an amazing roof and very happy with their work. Thanks..!!

Description of Work
Roof installation

Work Completed On 01/27/2020

Thank you so much for the review!

01/31/2020

Jessica C.

Extremely satisfied with our new roof installed by A to Z Contracting and Val. The quality of work they did is amazing. Their customer service and attention to detail made our overall experience with their crew a pleasure. I recommend A to Z Contracting for your roofing needs in Osseo.

Description of Work
New roof installation

Work Completed On 01/22/2020