Granite & Marble Direct LLC

Founded 2004 • With Angi since April 2010

1021 1st St NW

New Brighton, MN 55112

We offer our services in and around the Metro area, and will go the extra mile to satisfy each and every customer that walks through our door....

07/24/2020

Laurie M.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!! VERY UNPROFESSIONAL! They started ripping my old counter tops off my cabinets without looking to see how they were attached and broke a couple of my cabinets apart. I stopped them and asked what they were doing, as we were NOT replacing our cabinets and they had broken them apart!!! Then they had to figure out how to REPAIR THE CABINETS before they could install the granite tops. They had 2 cabinet tops cut to the wrong sizes. I told them it looked like they had just put them in the wrong place because, if they switched them around, it looked like they would fit. The contact person told me "they don't make mistakes"! and did not give the installers permission to swap them. The contact person was EXTREMELY RUDE AND NASTY!!! Though she was very pregnant, there was no reason for such POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Even though I had discussed my concern that they look at the granite carefully and cut it to look best in my kitchen, and there were spots on the granite I had indicated not to be used, they were. I was told by the owner that there were no instructions supplied to the granite cutters, the contact person didn't write anything down as she had said she would. The spots I didn't want in my counters were right smack in the middle of my counters and very noticeable! I had a very large portion of the second slab I purchased left over, and they used it to re-cut the 2 counter tops that were done wrong. They cut one with the grain of the granite going the wrong way. The contact person argued that the granite didn't have a grain to it and it was fine. Well, everyone that "saw" it, and she had not, said the grain is going in a different direction and it WAS noticeable. So, I had to insist the owner come out and see it. He did and apologized profusely for her behavior, agreed the grain was noticeable, and had to have the counter top re-cut a SECOND time. Using up more of my granite again. Later, when I contacted them to have them use some of my leftover granite for a small counter in my laundry room, the owner did not return my calls. I was given very expensive pricing by the contact person, and told that I should buy a new piece of granite from them as the piece I had was no longer large enough to make the small counter top. I told them they should give me a good price considering THEY screwed up my kitchen and used up all my granite re-cutting 3 counter tops, and now they expect me to buy more granite from them??? I again requested to have the owner call me, and 3 weeks later, have still not heard from him. I have hired another company who is installing granite for me at 1/2 the cost Direct Marble and Granite quoted me and I am sure will do a much more professional job!!! DO NOT USE this company!!!

Description of Work
Kitchen and bar countertops

04/15/2016

Paulette P.

Everyone that we dealt with was so professional and genuinely nice and helpful. Angie was really fun work with while we picked out our granite. We picked out a beautiful slab with a large pattern and Angie spent time with us to decide where the various cuts would be to maximize the lovely pattern. They are the only supplier that we looked at that offered for us to help plan the cut. The installation was so quick and efficient, the installers and the measurer were professional. We are so happy with the finished product and overall experience We looked at many places for countertops and I believe that theirs was the most beautiful and affordable. We rate this an A+ experience.

Description of Work
installed beautiful granite countertops

04/09/2016

vitaliy B.

Alex did a great job. I would definitely use them again. . Everything looks awesome Very friendly, professional and incredible workmanship. HIGHLY recommend.They went above and beyond what I expected.

Description of Work
Installed gratin counter tops, double edge, stainless steel under-mound sink.

02/14/2016

Nora L.

Granite & Marble Direct's customer service team of Angie and Daniela began working with me on a custom bathroom vanity project. They were extremely helpful in listening to my thoughts and ideas of what I wanted, and began working closely with me to achieve exactly the outcome and look we were hoping for. The level of communication via both phone and e-mail kept was incredible, and very helpful. They always got right back to me and answered questions quickly. They fantastic show room with many stone options to choose from and a bunch of slabs in their yard out back. Angie called me later that week and said she had done some digging and actually found a quartz remnant that would work for my project! Alex (the owner) was out shortly afterwards to do a great detailed measurement of my vanity to ensure that we had everything measured exactly right to get a great fit. The level of attention to detail, customer service and quality of work I found at Granite & Marble Direct was beyond my expectations, and a rarity in this day and age in the level of professionalism typically given to the customer. I vetted many other Granite places before deciding on Granite & Marble Direct, including major retailers like Lowes, Home Depot, Twin City Granite, and a few others that didn't come close to these guys. And I wouldn't go or recommend anywhere else in the future except here. As all projects go - nothing is perfect, and we had a hiccup in the size of our stone remnant that came up just a few inches to short after Alex had come out and done the measurements. This company not only stood behind their product and estimate, but ordered a full slab of the stone piece at their expense to be able to still get me the counter top that I wanted. They also provided an upgraded edge design on my vanity counter, and two sinks were included in the price of the estimate. The final install, was also a great experience as a fantastic install team arrived on time and was quick to get the counter top installed and looking great. Even here we had a slight issue, with some of the edges needed to be sanded down, and they did what needed to be done exceptionally well, without complaining, and got the job done right. I wanted to go into extensive detail on this job, because I know custom projects are not easy, but their team of individuals and ownership really stepped up and made this a great experience for me and I couldn't be happier with the outcome. I would not go any place else if you are looking for counter top installation. These guys have an incredible selection of styles and designs and can order any type of product if they don't have it in stock. Incredible customer service and a great attention to detail and quality of craftsmanship make this one of the best run companies I have worked with!

Description of Work
I came to Granite & Marble Direct with a custom bathroom vanity project in mind, that I wanted to put a stone counter top on.

Category marble & granite

08/11/2015

Sharrol W.

We had an existing tile backsplash that we wanted to save. They said they may pop out or break some of the existing tile but they removed the old countertop without damaging any of the existing backsplash. We had a corner cabinet that was installed on top of the old counters and other installers said we would have to remove it before the installation but they removed the old countertop without removing the corner cabinet.. Our cabinets along the kitchen wall had two angles with a cutout for a stove and sink and was a difficult installation. The installation was perfect. The large center island was measured, cut and installed perfect. They were very easy to work with from our first visit to the installation. They were on time and did a good job with the cleanup.

Description of Work
They removed old kitchen countertops and installed new granite countertops on the main counter and a center island.

05/14/2015

ALena B.

The xperience we have had with Granite and Marble Direct is superb! This is our second time going with them. The owner is very personable and involved in providing quality service. He delivers the best customer experience. He answered all of our questions and gave us everything that we needed. The quality of the workmanship and product is great. We would definitely recommend them to anyone we know.

Description of Work
Install granite for kitchen counter tops

04/07/2015

David B.

As I decided not to have a back splash I was concerned with how well the granite would fit to the walls. Alex measured prior to installation. The 2 young men who installed the granite were respectful, smart, tidy and just did a great job. The granite looks spectacular and fits perfectly. I recommend Granite and Marble Direct without reservation

Description of Work
Alexander did an excellent job in helping me find the perfect granite for my kitchen remodel. The price he gave me was competitive with other fabricators I had spoken with. His can do attitude and exceptional customer service clearly made my decision easy. I am very pleased with the process and result.

Category marble & granite,home remodeling

Thank you for kind words. It was a pleasure working with you. Always glad to assist.

03/03/2015

Kara B.

I highly recommend Granite and Marble Direct. They offered the perfect slab of quartz for my kitchen remodel at a cost much lower than the "big box" home improvement stores. Installation was two weeks from the initial measure and their work was immaculate.

Description of Work
Installed quartz countertops and a stainless steel under-mount sink.

10/29/2014

Mary B.

We were very pleased with the work done on our granite countertop. Alex and Dennis did an outstanding job, removing the countertop and working outside so they could minimize the mess, polishing the ends so they were smooth, etc. When they had problems because a sink hose got broken, they tried to replace it and could not find the right fittings, so came back with two new faucet options for us to choose from. Although they said they would cover the cost of the faucets, we did not think that was fair and paid for the faucet. They installed the faucet, finished the job, cleaned up very nicely, and then helped to put the fridge into place. They did exactly what was expected. I would highly recommend Granite and Marble Direct fo their professionalism and high-quality work.

Description of Work
Trimmed granite counter top so that we could get new refrigerator in place.

10/11/2014

Marcia H.

This company is EXCELLENT! They did a fantastic job and beat all competitors in price. I will recomment them to anyone who wants or needs granite/marble installed in their home. Don't bother shopping around...they are the best!!

Description of Work
installed granite in my kitchen

Category marble & granite

Goodfellows Landscapes

Something that makes us unique is that the owner is on site at all jobs. We know how important this is to our customers. Goodfellows Landscapes is your hardscaping specialist with a focus on retaining walls, Natural Stone patios and walls, outdoor kitchens, water features, pondless waterfalls, drainage, fire pits, natural stone, pavers and retaining wall block, walkways & interlocking pavers.

BDI Outdoor Solutions

BDI Outdoor Solutions has over 20 years of experience in professional landscape management specializing in both Residential and Commercial Outdoor Solutions. Our well trained and experienced staff provide superior landscaping services that complement our expert design skills. By offering a wide range of services to maintain the beauty and functionality of your lawn and property, we work hard to get the results you deserve. After all, BDI’s philosophy is that there is no off-season when it comes to maintaining your investment. BDI Outdoor Solutions is ready to help you with any and all issues, 12 months out of the year. Our crew will help you achieve a better looking home by designing, constructing and maintaining an outdoor living space that will turn heads year-round. BDI prides itself in using only high-quality products and equipment to create designs that will be the envy of your entire neighborhood. See what a healthy, well-designed landscaped lawn can do to improve your property's curb appeal - and ultimately how it can enhance the value of your home. Contact us today to learn how BDI Outdoor Solutions can create the property of your dreams!

NATURAL STONESCAPES INC

We pride ourselves on installing all projects to the best quality, industry leading standards and warranties, and the best aesthetics possible. Every project is done with a customer first approach, straight forward pricing and a no non-sense policy. This is evidence in the fact that referrals and repeat business is what makes up a majority of our work load. We have great people who help make this possible, everyone in the Natural Stonescapes team is respectful of home owners and property, committed,, and take pride in all the projects we complete! Natural Stonescapes also gives a portion of all profits to various non-profit organizations, churches, our community and food shelves, both locally and beyond.

Granite, marble, countertops, kitchen, bath, tile, bar, tables, natural stone, onyx, limestone, soapstone

Ask for details.