Woodchuck Flooring

Founded 2000 • With Angi since December 2003

1010 Idaho Ave

N Golden Valley, MN 55427

Woodchuck Flooring LLC. is a sole propriator,owner operated company, All work is completed timely and professionally by me, no sub contracting. I have nearly 30yrs. experience and have been in business for more then 18 years. Seviceing all your hardwood flooring needs in the Twin Cities. All my work is guaranteed and no job is completed until it meets and exceeds you the homeowners expectations....

09/10/2018

Melissa F.

We had hardwood floors installed in our office and they look amazing. Scott did a wonderful job and is a fine craftsman. Great to work with, everything was timely and smooth. Hope that he is available when our kitchen is ready for hardwood floors!

Description of Work
Installation of hardwood floors

11/06/2017

joy P.

Scott (owner) of Woodchuck Floors dropped my keys in my door 2 days before start date. He has not returned any of my multiple phone calls or messages. He never showed up on start date/time. DO NOT HIRE this company!

Description of Work
Contracted to have hardwood floors installed.

10/28/2017

Jesus D.

Scott and Kyle did an awesome job with my floor. They ripped up and removed my old carpet, patched a hole where the gravity heater was previously installed and refinished the living room floor. I asked about possibly refinishing my Dining room floors and Scott was honest and said that they were still in great shape. Needless to say, they blended things in very nicely with my dining room. I'm amazed at the results! I figured that the patch would stand out, but it looks seamless. We ran into one unexpected surprise where I was certain that the living room had oak floors, and it turned out to have 1 1/2" maple. Scott, quickly reached out to his contacts to look for material that matched the era of my farmhouse. My only regret is not having done this years ago. Woodchuck flooring takes great pride in their work and are very easy to work with. I highly recommend them to anyone looking to refinish or add wood floors to their home.

Description of Work
My hardwood floors required patching and refinishing

10/26/2017

Damon S.

Floors were a mess after years of wear, water, and other spot spillings. Woodchuck made the floor look better than It was when new. Beautiful work, done quickly and professionally.

Description of Work
Refinishing hardwood floors in kitchen and surrounding areas.

09/17/2017

Lee S.

Project went easily, and the finished floor is great to look at eveyday. I love it.

Description of Work
Hardwood flooring installed sanded and finished.

08/06/2017

Andrew B.

I purchased a condo earlier this year. Because I wanted most of my floor area done, I did not want to move in immediately, but I had limited time before my apartment lease was up. Scott said he could finish in time, and he did. It was discovered that my floor has an underlayment of Gyp-Crete. Scott provided what I believe was the best solution to deal with this compared to other contractors. This was a critical decision for a long lasting floor; I observed the poor longevity/quality of other, differently installed, wood floors in my building. I couldn't have hoped for a better looking floor thanks to Scott, if I had gone with someone else, the result would have probably not achieved the same level of quality. Thanks!

Description of Work
A complete install of a white oak wood floor in most of my condo unit.

04/08/2017

Clay J.

Scott was wonderful to work with. He responded quickly to all my communications, was punctual and informative and his price was more than fair. Our wood floors were so beat up with scratches and holes, but now they look brand new. Scott did a wonderful job with minimal clean up on our part. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs their wood floors redone.

Description of Work
Wood floors refinished

02/14/2017

Timothy R.

We had a great experience with them. The pricing was very fair, a little cheaper than another quote but in the ball park of all them. In the estimate, he didn't count the area under the radiators, which takes a little extra work, but because he didn't put it in the bid, he didn't charge us for it. I just thought he was really gracious and very nice to work with. We were very pleased. I would give him A+ on everything.

Description of Work
This was for sales and installation of the hardwood floors.

09/13/2015

michael G.

Scott completed the floors and did an excellent job. There were a lot of issues with our floors but they turned out great. I received several quotes but thought Scott would take the most care in his work, and I believe that assumption to be correct. I would recommend using Scott for hw floor refinishing.

Description of Work
Refinished 1928 maple and oak floors, 1300 Sq ft

09/09/2015

Linda B.

Scott was careful in matching our existing oak hardwood floor with the new oak hardwood floor. He took a sample of our flooring and checked with his lumber warehouse. He said it was crucial to get the correct species (red oak) and region of the country where it came from (south/Appalachian) to match the floor. He took special time to do this a month or two before our project began so he could order the wood. Scott helped us save money by giving us advice on taking out our existing carpet. He even loaned us a tool that proved invaluable. Scott started the carpet rip out and showed us how easy it would be to do this ourselves and save money. (I found a place in St. Paul that recycles carpets and pads for only $10 for a truck load. Check out www.brotex.com if you're interested.) Scott took out the transition piece between our old floor and where our carpet used to be and "feathered in" the new floor. The result is a beautiful hardwood floor that appears as if it was always in our home. The match is perfect and seamless. We think the old floor even looks better than when it was first installed 17 years ago. Scott came to our home when he said he would. He suggested stain color that we really liked and it blends well with the rest of our home. Scott also helped us decide to take out the transition boards between the old and new floors and we are so glad he did encourage us to do this. He was right when he said, "you only have one shot at this, so the best way to do this is to take out those transition boards and feather in the new wood floor." He worked hard, he spoke kindly to our children and dog. He respected our home and cleaned up after himself every day. He played nice music while he worked and it truly was a pleasure to have Scott in our home. We could tell that Scott takes pride in his work and doesn't do anything less than 100%. We are very happy to recommend Scott to anyone who wants high quality hardwood flooring work done for a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Refinished our existing oak hardwood floors (originally from 1998) and installed new hardwood floors in 2 additional rooms

Duane's Floor Service Inc

6 Employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No service fees. Additional DBAs - Duanes' Floor Service, Gullickson Hardwoods. Additional contact name - Troy Gullickson. 54 years in business. Family owned and operated.

Dave's Master Floor Care

Expert hardwood floor sanding, staining & refinishing service. Crack repair, Top OSHA Zero-Dust containment system, Odorless stains & finishes, Scratch resistant for pets, fast turnaround. Heavy furniture moving available. Additional services: Epoxy Garage Floor refinishing & repair, Deck refinishing, staining & repair. Light handyman service.

Offers by Dave's Master Floor Care on Angi
    JB's Wood Floor Maintenance Inc

COVID-19 Update: JB’s Wood Floor Maintenance Inc. ( 612-418-9286) is open for business and ready to serve all of your wood flooring needs! We want to assure our current and future clients that we are taking every precaution to protect the health of your family and of society at large. We do this by ensuring that no workers displaying symptoms will be working in your home and by disinfecting any surfaces that we have contacted prior to leaving. We have also partnered with a local firm that specializes in cleaning and disinfecting surfaces to be able to offer you a full decontamination of your home including, clothes, furniture, household items etc. Please ask for details. At JB’s we offer modern install, sanding and finishing options that make wood flooring work much easier on you. Our many positive reports and the fact that we have earned the Angies List Super Service Award every year since 2001 proves that we are committed to ensuring a great experience. In most cases you can stay in your home while the work is done, and if you don’t feel like moving those big couches--we can take care of that too. I will guide you through the process by going over every detail and answering all of your questions. My on site bids average 1-1.5 hours, although I am willing to spend as much time as it takes to educate my potential clients. When it comes time to start your project you are going to know exactly what to expect from us and what we need from you in order to ensure that your project needs are met or exceeded. We are a local owner operated company. I have three employees and no sub contractors and I make it a point to have hands on involvement in every project. Between us we have 95 years of combined experience in the wood flooring industry so you can rest assured that your project is in good hands. Thank you for considering my company for your project. I look forward to speaking with you soon. Also Don't forget to ask about our Good Value Guarantee.

Offers by JB's Wood Floor Maintenance Inc on Angi

Hardwood flooring any and all aspects of quality hardwood flooring from complete new installations, sanding and refinishing, patching and repairs, maintance with professional cleaning and buff N coat

Ask for details.