Bartlett Tree Experts - 91511

Founded 1907 • With Angi since July 2000

5558 Smetana Drive

Minnetonka, MN 55343

Bartlett Tree Experts has been providing scientific tree care since 1907. A 3rd generation, family owned business, our mission is the maintenance and care of the health and beauty of trees and shrubs. We are an international organization, with offices in Canada, England and Ireland. Our Research

12/27/2018

PAUL J.

Wound up taking two months to complete, which was a bigger problem because I had a renter with two small children there. Everytime there was a weather delay it was two weeks before they got back out there. Twice I had to wait over a week for my Arborist Representative to even respond to my messages.

Description of Work
Remove two trees and stumps

09/19/2016

Jennine S.

Good visit by arborist and alternatives for removal discussed. Chose another vendor due to lower price and previous experience with them.

Description of Work
Cutting down of a large tree

10/16/2015

Susan H.

The individual was professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. I was provided with a thorough, itemized estimate of the recommended work. This company was our second choice. We went with another company because they came in with a slightly lower estimate for the same work.

Description of Work
Provided estimate for removal of 3 large trees, 1 large shrub, trimming and shaping a Ash tree, Emerald Ashbore treatment for the Ash, and stump removal.

Category tree service

Thanks for the positive feedback, [Member name removed]. I appreciate you providing us the opportunity to submit a proposal. I’m glad that we were in the same ballpark for pricing. I hope your plans for the addition go smoothly!

12/30/2014

Thomas L.

clean up was good some dead limb trimming was missed

Description of Work
tree trimming and tree removal

10/06/2014

Elizabeth H.

The arborist came over he was really nice, and answered all my questions, went over options with me. Super great tree guy!!! However, their bid was the highest, and I mean a LOT higher. I know every tree and every company will bid differently, though so it would definitely be worth having them over to bid on another tree job if I had one.

Description of Work
Bid for cutting down huge tree.

Category tree service

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the users of Angie’s List. I can understand other companies approaching your tree a bit differently, which would lead to a lower cost; my method and pricing was based on performing the work as safely as possible. I appreciate your kind words regarding your experience, and look forward to possibly helping you out in the future.

09/08/2014

Andrew R.

Nate Narem from Bartlett was very professional and easy to work with through the whole process. His crew was amazing and worked very fast and my trees look beautiful. I would definitely use Bartlett again!

Description of Work
Bartlett trimmed several trees in our yard as well as removing two bushes along with the stumps.

09/04/2014

Debra J.

Was originally done by Majestic Tree Care on first treatment who did an excellent job. They had done pruning as well. I mention this because Bartlett acquired Majestic and when I requested a bid from Bartlett on the treatment they sent a bid on the pruning that Majestic had done previously instead. They were apoligetic on their error and sent the correct bid. When they sent the correct bid it was a lot higher than what I had paid Majestic on their treatment the first time. I did have them complete the work. They had given an estimated date of completion of 6/20/13 but the treatment did not get completed until 8/2/13. I do not remember if a reason was given for the delay. I have no complaints on the actual treatment. They showed up on time, completed the treatment in a timely and efficient manner and left.

Description of Work
Emerald Ash borer treatment

08/27/2014

Marina M.

They were professional, punctual and kept us informed during the whole process. One of our trees was dying and after the spraying, the tree bounced back. We will be using Bartlett again this fall to spray again.

Description of Work
Sprayed 8 of our trees for bugs and parasites.

08/25/2014

Steven B.

They completed all work while I was away. Everything was done as specified. I was happy with the result. Apparently, Bartlett is a national firm headquartered in Connecticut. They are a little more expensive than local firms. Their inspector/estimator seemed knowledgeable. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Removed dead spruce tree from my back yard, removed hanging branch and other small branches from a tall maple, cabled a split trunk, and trimmed an ash tree in my front yard.

08/18/2014

Tracy Z.

The tree removal went very well. I was worried about the tree being so close to the house, but the guys did a very good job about getting it down with no damage to the house or yard. The tree that was trimmed looked great after they were done. The team did a great job of cleaning up the yard and the roof of the house. They were very pleasant to work with.

Description of Work
Had 1 tree removed and 1 trimmed out.

07/28/2014

Michael R.

I found Bartlett to be responsive and clear in their communications. The arborist who visited gave a good overview of his assessment--and gave us a range of options for what to do about the situation. In other words, he didn't just lay out one price and one proposal--he gave us a good sense of short- and longer-term goals, talked about services they could provide, and gave us a set of costs tied to the proposals. This allowed us to craft an informed proposal together. In sum, strong service.

Description of Work
Finished already: chemical treatment for Ash tree (insect). Coming soon: removal of one tree; pruning of another tree; care/upkeep/diagnosis of three trees/plants.

Category pest control, tree service

Thank you for your great review! We look forward to seeing the difference the pruning and removal will make for your landscape.

06/29/2014

Kelli J.

Strong expertise, professional, timely, and effective service. Excellent online invoicing.

Description of Work
Diagnosed dying tree and analyzed soil to guide selection of next tree to be planted in the same place.

06/06/2014

Shelley B.

They came on time, did a lot of work that we were happy with, however they missed one large dead branch. They made an appointment to come back and finish--they came on time, were professional and apologetic about the mistake, and finished the job to our satisfaction. Other than that and a wire left in our yard, we were happy with the service and the work, and would use Bartlett again.

Description of Work
Significant tree trimming; also added a brace to a tree that was cracking. Removal of brush and trimmings.

Category tree service

Thank you for your kind words and for the opportunity to help care for your trees. We try to get everything in one visit, but were happy to come back to get the missed limb. Your complete satisfaction is very important. We look forward to being able to work together again.

01/19/2014

Catherine M.

Disappointed that project estimator/manager didn't follow up after job was completed and ask about customer's satisfaction.

01/12/2014

BONNY S.

A wonderful crew of two were here all day to carefully remove a 50 yr + dying Norway red maple. It was located down hill on our lot with limited access. They were very careful in the removal of the tree, scaling it and taking it down in sections. They then took all the wood out to the street for pick up. The Bartlett staff was great to work! They were flexible to set a date after the ground was frozen and snow covered to easily transport the wood up to the street with a small tractor. They carefully dropped the limbs so that no other garden structures were damaged. They chipped a good portion of the limbs curbside the same day and even raked the snow to remove small debris. They picked up the larger trunk pieces on the curb with larger equipment the next business day. Highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Remove a large Norway red maple from a limited access back yard and trim another couple trees.

01/06/2014

DAVID & DENNIE S.

Were very thorough, professional. Onsite almost two hours. Cleaned up and removed everything afterward. Had good experience working with Jon Heaton, who came and scoped job first and provided detailed work estimate.

Description of Work
Trimmed four trees to move them away from sidewalk, house, deck, fence and make easier to mow underneath.

Category tree service

Thank you for choosing Bartlett to help care for your trees. You have a fantastic birch in front and it was a pleasure to prune. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

12/24/2013

Marjorie P.

It went well. We have been having the tree treated for a few years in order to prevent it from decline due to stress. The tree is doing well and seems to be responding well to their treatment.

Description of Work
Bartlett tree service treated our backyard ash tree with inground fertilizer and nutrients.

Steve Erin F.

After making an appointment, it took a couple of months for them to get back to us. I was expecting sooner and they offered no explanation for the delay.

Description of Work
elm ash borer treatment

MICHAEL B.

came when they said. left notice that they were there and what they did. RESULT WAS NO CEDAR RUSTthis year different from my neighbors who did not spray

Description of Work
sprayed crab apple trees for rust

CYNTHIA M.

we have used and trusted them for over 13 yrs for total tree care for our very valuable sugar maple (the talk of our neighborhood!) and brought a craggy, neglected, old honey locust back to shade our entire back yard, Certified staff of Arborists prescribe plan..yearly soil evaluation, prescribed feeding & pest control programs. Always available for questions. THESE PEOPLE KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Description of Work
feed prune inspect 2 large trees

Nora D.

As always - they did a great job. Been taking care of my trees for a long time - so when the storm came through - I immediately called them. Came out in the morning and checked to see if anything had to be done immediately. They're my "tree people" - I trust them to take care of my trees. Not like the folks who show up on your doorstep looking for tree work. They are professionals.

Description of Work
Trimmed tree after a storm.

DAN F.

Cleared brush, limbs, etc. from 3 large storm-downed tree. Sectioned, removed trunks, ground stumps, leveled ground. Hauled away all debris. Left entire area clean. Professional job, reasonable price. Good communication.

elayne L.

They gave me the necessary information to make a informed decision about type of treatment. They applied the treatment in a timely and professional manner. They were available for follow up questions. They offered other possible services I might need, like tree trimming. They send regular updates on information and serviced available. They respect my decisions about how much I can afford.

Description of Work
Treated two ash trees for emerald ash borer prevention.

Kaye B.

Conscientious about doing it on a still day so that there wouldn't be any overspray. Tree looked great throughout the season, with minimal leaf loss. Nice newsletters throughout the season with good reliable information. Planning to use their services again in 2014.

Description of Work
Sprayed for apple scab - second spray of the season.

Ann G.

I completely trust my arborist, Erik Paulsen. He tells me which of my trees need attention and when to do it. Anytime I have a question, he promptly responds to my e-mail. After I agree to the work, I get a call telling me when to expect the crew. The head crew member always checks in with me before work is begun and again before they leave. All of the trimmings are cleaned up. My lovely, mature trees are definitely an asset to my property - having someone I trust and who appreciates my trees as much as I do ensures that these trees will be healthy and beautiful for a long time.

Description of Work
Trimmed my apple tree and one branch on my birch.

L & R Suburban Landscaping Inc

We are a design & build landscaping company. Our facility is located in Minnetonka and is staffed daily Monday through Friday to assist you with your landscape needs. We schedule on site estimates at your home with the owners of L&R to accurately identify your landscape needs, wants and challenges. You will receive a written proposal that identifies various application costs and a design may be created for your review depending upon the scope and scale of the project. Whether you are looking for a complete renovation, an addition of a few key elements in your landscaping or a new home landscape installation, we have the skills, knowledge, and ability to do it all. We coordinate your material selections and project manage all installations. Your landscaping project will be a positive experience and will completed with outstanding results! Please view completed projects on our website.

Award 2022
    Dehn's Landscaping

2017 Super Service Award Winner!! Through steady growth, Dehn’s Landscaping has built its reputation through quality work and personalized service. The company is known for doing things the right way and using the best quality products available. Your property can be created with beauty, function and enjoyment for years to come. From beginning to end, Dehn’s Landscaping provides extensive and complete landscape services with each client's unique project in mind. [More on Dehn’s Landscaping] Dehn’s Landscaping looks forward to working with you on your next landscape project.

Van Buren Landscape

We are a full-service landscape company specializing in design & installation. Van Buren Landscape is committed to providing quality work and professional results. We offer many selections to meet a wide range of interests. You may choose a soft scape with a variety of plant selections, or a landscape area complete with sidewalks, retaining walls, and a patio for entertaining family and friends. We endeavor to help you gain knowledge about your landscape both during the project and in the future.

Tree care- pruning, cabling,bracing, insect & disease management, fertilization programs, plant diagnostics, soil testing, lightning protection, tree & shrub inventories

Transplanting, Resale, Planting