Worm Drywall

Founded 1999 • With Angi since July 2010

952-451-0759 Worm Drywall was inspired by years of working in the new home drywall industry. It was clear to us that many companies in new home drywall installation and finishing simply didn’t understand the needs of homeowners and remodelers. We have been committed to creating a drywall business that was centered around the specific and unique needs of you, the homeowner and remodeler. We strive to give you a hassle free experience from start to finish. We offer superb customer service and make every effort to follow through on our promises. Our promise to you is to be professional with every contact you have with Worm Drywall. We handle everything that goes into a successful drywall project. We take pride in clear communication with you from your estimate to the completion of your job. Our fast and efficient service shows in how we schedule appointments with just one phone call or email and arrive on time to you, each and every time. We take care to get you an accurate, onsite quote. We will schedule your project for a start date and a finish date that doesn’t change. Our professionals deliver the material directly into the work space. Our drywall installers typically will hang all the drywall in one day and remove the scrap the same day. We work quickly and quietly and clean up at the end of each day. Our drywall finishers are the best in the industry, with 10+ years of experience. They are courteous and polite and will keep you or your client informed on how things are progressing, as well as their expected arrival and departure time each day. The result for you? To get you the highest quality product in the industry and in the shortest amount of time. So that you can enjoy your home! Hire Worm Drywall. Your NO HEADACHE drywall professionals....

A Service Provider's profile image

+2 more images

drywall (72)basement remodeling (4)interior painting (2)

01/19/2022

Mick S.

Tom went above and beyond on our basement project. From start to finish, Tom was extremely communicative, professional, and honest. Tom kept us up to date throughout the planning/scheduling process all the way to completion of the project. His quote was far more competitive than others we had received and his attention to detail is unmatched. We couldn't be happier with the final result. I would highly recommend Worm Drywall!

Description of Work
Basement Drywall/Mud/Sand and Knockdown Ceiling

Work Completed On 01/19/2022

06/16/2021

Katie J.

This is the second time we've hired Tom for a project. He again performed incredible work. Having been in the business in the past, my husband can be critical, but praises the work Tom does. Highly recommend Tom and his crew.

Description of Work
Basement sheetrock and mudding

Work Completed On 06/16/2021

03/25/2020

Erinn F.

It was fantastic! They were professional and did a great a job overall at a great price!!

Description of Work
They put up Sheetrock to finish my basement.

Work Completed On 02/12/2020

12/31/2019

Larry G.

The tradesmen were professional, timely and worked **** ** my behalf. Friendly and upbeat, they accomplished their jobs on time and at the agreed upon prices for the two separately quoted sections of the job. Price for the drywall installation was $1800 and the fire taping for the seams was an additional $500. Thanks to Tom and the guys for their hard work.

Description of Work
Install drywall in a three car garage. Then, decided to have them install the fire taping on the seams in a second transaction.

Work Completed On 12/30/2019

10/31/2019

Angie N.

Tom was fabulous to work with! His crew was professional, hard working and kept on schedule. We are doing a self build and have struggled with communication with several of our subcontractors but not Tom!! He is a great communicator, finished on time AND on budget. Would HIGHLY recommend!!

Description of Work
New construction Sheetrock, tape, knockdown ceiling

Work Completed On 10/31/2019

08/04/2019

Tim H.

Fantastic!! Tom and his crew came to our rescue. Our original sheetrock crew left us high and dry on a Monday. Monday evening my husband sent an email inquiry to Tom. He responded that evening. The next day (Tuesday) he came to our house for an in person visit. He was able to give us an estimate, later that day. We hired him and they were able to be at our house Wednesday morning. They had other projects going on, but made us feel important. He knew we were under a strict timeline with other things on the schedule to be completed. He made every effort to help get our job completed in our time frame.... and met the timeline we needed. Tom and his crew were so friendly and courteous. The work they did was wonderful!! They were conscientious to cover our home where needed, and cleaned up everything when the job was completed. The communication was top notch. We highly recommend Worm Drywall. Any drywall needs we have in the future we will call them again.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel. New Sheetrock installed, new textured ceiling, and drywall patch work to be completed.

Category drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/31/2019

07/14/2019

eric S.

He was very professional and prompt with his service. I would hire him again! He even came out and helped redo a mistake that we did ourselves.

Description of Work
sheetrock, mud and tape

Work Completed On 07/22/2019

04/03/2019

Steve M.

Excellent, it was perfect, all of the stains from the drywall was gone. It's a really good work.

Description of Work
They did a drywall installation, painting, removal of pop corn ceiling and texturing wall.

Work Completed On 03/20/2019

08/11/2018

Jill P.

They didn't bother to contact me after I requested a quote through Angie's List. If it's too little of a job or if you are too busy to take on another project, please communicate that with potential customers. I contacted three companies and none of them responded to my request for a quote. I ended up having to do it myself.

Description of Work
Drywalling garage

Work Completed On 06/27/2018

Sorry, Your message slipped through. We do our best to get back to everyone. Please call our office for faster a response. Thanks

07/23/2018

Don L.

I called Worm Drywall about finishing the drywall started by the original builder in the garage. The builder of the home put drywall up in the garage and covered the seams with drywall tape and one layer of mud. I wanted the walls to be paint ready, which meant repairing some damage to the walls and placing two more layers of mud on the seams as well as sanding after the final coat. The end result was exactly as I had hoped. After I painted the walls, the garage walls looked as good as any walls in the house. It was a job well done.

Description of Work
Repaired and finished drywall previously started by builder in garage

Work Completed On 07/10/2018

06/25/2018

Eaman A.

Very professional. They did a great job repairing our ceiling and came back and did a touch-up for the areas that needed a second coat.

Description of Work
Repair damaged ceiling

Work Completed On 05/31/2018

06/25/2018

Jackie B.

Great! they were quick, friendly and reasonably priced.

Description of Work
mudding and taping, new ceiling texture

Work Completed On 06/04/2018

05/22/2018

Katie J.

Tom was responsive for the bid, scheduling and payment. Troy came to do the job. He was quick and did exceptional work. My husband who built houses in a previous job was very pleased with the job. The price was comparable to other bids we received, which is why I marked it an A. Highly recommend Worm Drywall.

Description of Work
Tape/Mud Garage

Work Completed On 05/17/2018

03/09/2018

Sue S.

I found Worm Drywall here on Angie's List. Based on their excellent rating here, their A+ BBB rating, their one positive Yelp review and their professional looking website, I gave them a call tonight. Everything about my interaction with the gentleman who answered the phone was unprofessional. First, he didn't even answer the phone by saying "Worm Drywall" or something like that. I had to ask to confirm I'd actually reached the business. Then when I told him we had a 5" hole in the drywall in a bedroom closet that we wanted to have fixed, he told me that there was a $125 per trip fee, plus $75 per hour for labor, plus materials. He said such a repair would take two trips (I am not sure why). It definitely seemed he was annoyed that I'd called. Maybe I interrupted dinner, who knows. Anyway, when I asked about having him come out and give us an estimate (which by the way is a totally reasonable request), he huffed and said "I just gave it to you. It's $250 for the two trips, plus a couple of hours of labor." Sorry, buddy, but if you're going to be that rude to me, I will not only NOT hire you but I will also write you a review here so everyone else can read about how you treat potential customers. I would hate to see how you treat paying customers.

Description of Work
Drywall repair in bedroom closet

Work Completed On 03/09/2018

Im sorry about the experience you had. Your call came in after hours and was forwarded from my office to my cell phone. With all drywall work it takes two trips one to mud it and one to sand after it drys. In an effort to cut cost for the consumer we have developed trip and time rates for repairs to save everybody time and money.

08/01/2017

Chad R.

Would recommend him and/or potentially use for future drywall jobs.

Description of Work
Received drywall bid for large home addition. His Job price was competitive, but my short timeline didn't work. He was professional, on time for estimate appointment, and gave an immediate written bid on the spot.

Work Completed On 06/05/2017

06/15/2017

KRISTIN K.

A few hitches along the way with getting the project started but quality was very good and man who did the work was very polite, respectful, and pleasant. I would recommend this company'.

Description of Work
Removal of popcorn ceilings in two bedrooms and knockdown done and ceilings painted. Minor wall repair in both rooms. No painting of walls.

Work Completed On 05/30/2017

05/22/2017

John E.

Everything went really well. Everyone was great to work with and the results were outstanding.

Description of Work
Worm Drywall replaced the ceiling in our basement, applied the knock down, and painted it.

Category drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/05/2017

03/12/2017

John H.

I couldn’t be happier with the result. The person we had do the work, Troy, was punctual, professional & thorough. Tom, the owner, was responsive and checked in on how things were going. Going to flat ceilings, you need to be careful because if not done right it is just so obvious so I was nervous about how it would turn out. With this guys I had no reason to worry, they were terrific. Regarding price, in my case I got 4 bids. Worm was right in that “sweet spot” I like to find. They were neither the cheapest (which sometimes can be a problem) nor were they the most expensive. They were in the middle with tons of good reviews.

Description of Work
Worm Drywall removed “popcorn” texture from multiple rooms and then skimmed & painted them to be flat. They also did some drywall repair where I had a few cracks and other issues with the walls. We also had one room upstairs where opted to remove popcorn & “re-popcorn”. It was a master bath and we are leaving the bedrooms with popcorn, so we did same with the bath.

Work Completed On 03/06/2017

01/14/2017

Debra B.

They did a good job. They did what they said they would do. Communication wasn't great. They did what they were supposed to do but we had never done that before so we were having to call them and ask them questions. They just did it without telling what was going to go on.

Description of Work
They did popcorn ceiling removal.

Work Completed On 04/01/2016

07/13/2016

Gary Z.

Tom and his crew did my drywall project better than expected. Everyone was very professional and courteous. The job was completed on time and at a reasonable price. If you want hassle free service with guaranteed satisfaction, give Tom a call.

Description of Work
New Drywall

Work Completed On 06/30/2016

07/13/2016

Gary Z.

Absolutely a fantastic experience. Installers worked had and fast and cleaned up after work was completed. Finisher was very courteous and did a great job. He also left the area better than it was when he came. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Drywall installation and finishing

Work Completed On 12/28/2020

05/24/2016

John F.

Tom was very responsive from the quote to the final bill. Price was good and project finished on time. Crew was professional and cleaned up after they were finished. Walls and ceiling look great. I would call Tom with any other drywall projects I have.

Description of Work
hung and finished drywall, knock down ceiling

Work Completed On 05/24/2016

05/16/2016

Herman H.

They did excellent work. Very Timely, always exactly on time. They were quick, finished the hanging in a very short time. The taping was done in similar excellence. They took time to clean up after. The garage looks great. Very Friendly and these guys know what they are doing. I recommend them to anyone that needs this kind of work.

Description of Work
Sheet Rocked my 2 1/2 car garage.