THE HARDWOOD FLOOR STORE

Founded 1979 • With Angi since September 2000

2.5

DBA: D B FLOOR SANDING. ADDITIONAL PHONE NUMBERS:(763) 529-6885. ...

MSP Custom Hardwood

From start to finish we do it all! MSP Custom Hardwood Installation & Refinishing is locally owned and operated providing a high quality service. Call or click to schedule a estimate today!

Duane's Floor Service Inc

6 Employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No service fees. Additional DBAs - Duanes' Floor Service, Gullickson Hardwoods. Additional contact name - Troy Gullickson. 54 years in business. Family owned and operated.

TC Noble

07/15/2009

Dera W.

I had them come out for an estimate and the girl wasn't very professional and wasn't able to answer a lot of my questions. I got the impression that I would have to do a lot of the work myself, such as ripping up and disposing of the carpet. She suggested I cut the carpet up into strips and put it out with the garbage... Another concern is that there were about 3 different types of quotes on the estimate, which seemed strange.

Description of Work
Estimate for hardwood floor refinishing. I have a hardwood floor underneath my carpet that I would like to have restored.

11/06/2007

Chris G.

I can't even begin to explain how much brain damage hiring this company caused us. The list of problems and reactions from the company are too long and painful for me to recount. The owner and his wife are rude and horrible communicators. The workers are barbaric and animal like. Instead of speaking they grunt or roll their eyes. The owners of this company, Brecht and his wife are not only rude, they are verbally abusive. We basically had to fire them from the job as we became frightened for our well being. We're reasonable people who have had no problem working with other contractors. This experience was unbelievably stunning. If you want to hire a contractor who will verbally assault you, take MONTHS longer to finish the job than quoted and do equally quality work as a 6 year old, then this is the company for you!

Description of Work
Installed new hardwood flooring and sanded remaining hardwood flooring.

Category hardwood floor

OUR COMPANY RECORDS DO NOT LOCATE THIS MEMBER AS A CUSTOMER. THIS CUSTOMER WAS RECONFIRMED BY PHONE BY ANGIE'S LIST, BUT CHOSE NOT TO GIVE ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR US TO BE ABLE TO LOCATE HIM IN OUR COMPANY RECORDS. AT THIS TIME WE CANNOT CONFIRM THIS WAS AN ACTUALLY CUSTOMER OR POSSIBLY A PREVIOUS DISGRUNTLED EMPLOYEE OR A COMPETITOR OF OURS. SO WE HOPE ANYONE READING THIS COMPLAINT WILL UNDERSTAND, THAT BY THIS PERSON NOT ASSISTING WITH ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION MAKES IT VERY HARD TO RESPOND TO THIS COMPLAINT, OR IF IT IS EVEN A LIABLE COMPLAINT. THANKS BETTY BECHT 763-529-6080/ DBARH@COMCAST.NET

09/12/2005

SHARI M.

THEY SAID IT WOULD TAKE 3 DAYS THEN THEY ASKED FOR AN EXTRA DAY; IT HAS BEEN 2 WEEKS AND IT IS STILL NOT FINISHED. NAILS ARE ALL OVER THE FLOOR, AND NOW WE HAVE BLACK SPOTS ON THE FLOOR. THE SALESMAN STOPPED BY TODAY AND COULD NOT BELIEVE WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE.

Description of Work
REFINISHED HARDWOOD FLOORS.

10/04/2004

MARK C.

THE SANDER WAS UNCOMMUNICATIVE AND LEFT THE AREA IN AN UNDONE STATE. REMOVED A DOOR AND LEFT IT REMOVED, LEFT TAPE ON THE ADJOINING CARPET AND ON THE WOODWORK. TOOK ITEMS AND LATER RETURNED THEM, AFTER I CALLED TO ASK ABOUT THEM. WAS RUDE ON THE PHONE WHEN I CALLED TO ASK THEM ABOUT THE ITEMS AND THE STATUS OF THE WORK.

Description of Work
BEDROOM FLOOR & CLOSET SANDED AND FINISHED WITH A NEUTRAL POLY FINISH. HALF ROUND TRIM REMOVED AND REPLACED AFTER SANDED/REFINISH.

10/31/2003

JOHN & LINDA B.

THE PROPOSAL INDICATED A BUFF AND COAT ON THE EXISTING FLOORS WOULD HELP BLEND THEM WITH THE NEW FLOORS, BUT WASN'T NECESSARY. WE HAD A SHINY POLYURETHANE ON THE OLD FLOORS, AND AT THE HARDWOOD FLOOR RECOMMENDATION, A SATIN FINISH WAS APPLIED TO THE NEW FLOORS. HOWEVER THE INSTALLER SAID, AS HE APPLIED THE FINAL COAT, ' THESE FLOORS WOULD HAVE LOOKED A WHOLE LOT BETTER, IF YOU HAD SANDED THEM'. THE FLOORS LOOK MUCH WORSE NOW THAN BEFORE THEY WORKED ON THEM. SAND MARKS SHOW AND THEY ARE BLOTCHY. WHEN YOU DO REMODELING, I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU CAN HAVE PROBLEMS. IT IS EASIER TO DEAL WITH PROBLEMS WHEN THE PEOPLE WITH THE COMPANY ARE POLITE. THE PERSON THAT IS IN THE OFFICE WAS EXTREMELY RUDE AND SARCASTIC. MY HUSBAND COULD NOT BELIEVE HOW RUDE SHE WAS.

Description of Work
INSTALLING HARDWOOD FLOORS IN 2 ROOMS, AND A BUFF AND COAT ON 2 EXISTING HARDWOOD FLOORS.

08/11/2003

JULIE K.

THEY WERE EXTREMELY RUDE!!! HIGHLY DEFENSIVE FOR SIMPLE QUESTIONS THAT I ASKED IN REGARDS TO HOW LONG THEIR RESPONSE WOULD TAKE AND OTHER MATTERS. IN ADDITION, SHE USED TECHNICAL TERMS THAT I WAS NOT FAMILIAR WITH AND BECAME DEFENSIVE WHEN I INQUIRED ABOUT THEM.

Description of Work
GAVE AN ESTIMATE FOR FLOORS

04/08/2003

JEAN H.

THE PRICE I PAID REFLECTS A SPECIAL RATE THEY WERE RUNNING AT THE TIME I HAD MY FLOORS DONE. THEY HAVE A NICE PACKET OF INFO ABOUT CARING FOR HARDWOOD FLOORS THAT I RECEIVED SOMEWHAT BY CHANCE WHEN I WENT IN TO THE OFFICE TO GET MY HOUSE KEY BACK. I FOUND I RECEIVED THE BEST SERVICE BY GOING INTO THEIR OFFICE IN CRYSTAL(I HAD NO CONTACT WITH THE OTHER OFFICE). THE OWNERS ARE VERY PERSONABLE.

Description of Work
I LIVE IN AN 80 YEAR OLD HOUSE AND HAD THIS COMPANY REFINISH THE ORIGINAL HARDWOOD FLOORS--2 ROOMS WERE OAK AND THE KITCHEN WAS MAPLE. ABOUT 450 SQ. FT. TOTAL.

03/10/2002

RHONDA L.

THE WORK WAS BEAUTIFUL IN THE TIME FRAME THAT THEY WERE GIVEN!

Description of Work
INSTALLED HARDWOOD IN ONE ROOM AND SANDED IN 6 ROOMS.

11/24/2001

NANCY N.

WE HAD TO HAVE THIS FLOOR LAID TWO TIME BECAUSE THE COMPANY DID NOT RECOMMEND THE CORRECT SUB FLOOR THE FIRST TIME.

Description of Work
LAID AN ENGINEERED FLOOR THROUGH KITCHEN/ BACK HALLWAY AREA.

10/26/2000

taavi S.

OUR FIRST PROBLEM IS THAT WE WERE UNAWARE THAT WE WERE RESPONSIBLE FOR MOVING THE REFRIGERATOR, DISHWASHER, AND RANGE. WORK WAS DONE BY INEXPERIENCED WORKERS; THE QUALITY WAS POOR. WE ASKED THE COMPANY TO COME OUT AND LOOK AT THE WORK AND THEY WOULD NOT RETURN OUR CALLS. SO WE CALLED THE MANUFACTURER WHO SENT OUT A REP TO CHECK THE WORK. HE THEN CONTACTED THE STORE AND AN EXPERIENCED PERSON CAME AND REPAIRED THE PROBLEMS AND FINISHED THE FLOOR.

Description of Work
INSTALLED STRUCTURED OAK FLOOR IN KITCHEN

THE HARDWOOD FLOOR STORE

Founded 1979 • With Angi since September 2000

2.5

4611 36TH AVE N

Minneapolis, MN 55422

FLOOR INSTALLATION AND FINISHING.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover