Silent Watchdog Video Surveillance

Founded 2003 • With Angi since July 2010

Sales, installation and service of and CCTV camera video surveillance systems for home and business. Specializing in High Definition megapixel IP camera solutions. Camera monitoring is available. We are a certified partner of Mobotix AG, a manufacturer of very high quality magapixel resolution IP cameras and related products. We provide sales, installation and support for all Mobotix products....

Barnhouse Exteriors LLC

Barnhouse Exteriors, LLC is a family owned and operated company specializing in exterior renovations. Barnhouse Exteriors, LLC has provided quality construction services all over Minnesota and is especially known for the integrity and professionalism that they put into every job they do. Barnhouse Exteriors is licensed and insured and is accredited by the Better Business Bureau. Additional phone number - (612) 201-1779.

Pineview Builders Inc

Since 1987, Pineview Builders, Inc. has been one of the foremost general construction companies in the Twin Cities area. Whether it’s roofing, siding, new construction, remodeling or exterior renovations Pineview Builders, Inc. continues to be an industry leader. Ask about our special discounts for Angie's List members.

Offers by Pineview Builders Inc on Angi
Chismar Construction LLC

If you are looking for a professional to install your roof, look no further. Chismar Construction, LLC, is the name to call. We will provide you with a reasonable estimate and do an amazing job on your roof. Our emphasis is all quality and customer satisfaction! Call us today!

Offers by Chismar Construction LLC on Angi

10/14/2014

Mike V.

Description of Work
They installed a video surveillance system capable of capturing license plate information both day and night. This system was installed at the entry monument of a high-end residential development. Our installation went very smoothly.

10/15/2012

Deborah L.

Concentrated, friendly service. Product did not work for apple macbook and century link which is what I use. After many tries ( a year) the system didn't serve me. With credit to the company, it was not familiar with apple and was familiar with comcast. However, there is a an apple application; which is why I purchased it any way. The camera was not worth my money, the time and effort trying to operate it. The company was responsive every time I asked for help over the phone except for when the camera buy back period ended and suddenly we could not set mutual a time to test the camera at a place away from the home. The technology of the camera was supposed to be available from anywhere once installed and connected to your laptop. But most folks are friendly when trying to sell something.

Description of Work
Security Camera and motion lights installed on property.

Category home security systems

In response to the member's comments, the camera that I installed for her DOES in fact work with Apple computer products and Century Link internet service. It works exactly as it was intended and as I had promised. I installed the software that is specifically designed by the camera manufacturer for the Apple computer products on her Mac computer and gave her instructions on how to use it. I also gave her multiple remote training sessions to explain how to operate the software. I suggested that Comcast internet service would be a better option to use in viewing the camera remotely due to the faster internet speed provided by Comcast, but Century Link would work. She was unwilling to change internet providers and seemed confused on how to do that. She was also unwilling to purchase the static IP address necessary to view the camera from a remote location. Century Link changes the IP address weekly, therefore making it impossible to access the camera from a remote location without knowing what the IP address changed to. The member signed a contract with my company generously giving her a 1 year "lease to purchase" option for the camera. The terms were very clear that after 1 year, she would own the camera and the lease/return option would expire. She called me and wanted to cancel the contract after it had already expired. I explained to her the rental payments she made were credited 100% to the purchase of the camera by the end of the 1 year lease term. Her rental payments had already paid for the camera in full. I did not agree to "buy back" the camera after the contract expired for any reason. With respect to the meeting she refers to that was set up and mutually agreed upon, the member cancelled the meeting less than 15 minutes before it was to take place. I had already driven 30 minutes to a location close to the meeting spot fully expecting her to keep the appointment she had agreed to when she abruptly cancelled. We agreed to reschedule the meeting. She was supposed to call me back at 3:00 PM that afternoon to set a time and place that would be convenient for her. She has not called me since she cancelled the meeting. I am truly sorry the member is not happy with the camera, but I don't consider that to be my fault. She even states in her comment that I have been very responsive to her requests for help. (Even though she gave me a "D" grade for responsiveness.) I have also noted additional inconsistencies in some of her statements. I am sorry, but I cannot be responsible for a person's inability to be able to learn how to operate the software after my repeated attempts to educate them. I have been able to train all of my other customers in the use of the cameras and software with complete success and absolutely no complaints. I pride myself in customer service and have a long track record and many satisfied customers to prove it. It is unfortunate that one customer feels the need to blame me for the issues that they themselves caused.

04/12/2012

Pat P.

The installation of the cameras, IR illuminators, cabling, and infrastructure went very smoothly. We're talking about a two (2) story house and installing cameras and IR illuminators in the soffitt area near attic vents and running the cabling through the attic. This was not an easy task! Both my husband and I were extremely impressed with the capability of the system selected by Tom and of Tom himself, the owner of Silent Watchdog. He listens and suggests the best possible solutions...and is always responsive to your needs! Several emails back and forth between my husband and Tom solidified the game plan and installation schedule. A pre-meeting at the site was helpful to determine the strategy for installation and the equipment to be installed Tom and his assistant came back after dark to adjust the cameras for the IR illuminators so that the visuals are top-notch. My husband and I are extremely satisfied with the workmanship, professionalism, and technical support provided by Silent Watchdog! I can view my front and back yards when I am anywhere at anytime!!!! This provides another level of security for my home and I am extremely pleased!

Description of Work
The purpose of the installation of cameras was to be able to view the front and back yards from either locally or remotely. Also to provide footage to law enforcement if necessary. Installation of one (1) dual lens dome camera with night vision on back soffitt; dual day/night camera on front soffitt; installation of IR illuminators for night vision; temperature sensor; Installation on two (2) story house. QNAP NAS storage for camera video 1TB HD. The installation was flawless! The instruction on how to use the system was very informative. I would highly recommend Tom and Silent Watchdog!

01/24/2012

CHARLES P.

This is an excellent! They are always responsive to my calls, and their product has really helped me.

Description of Work
Silent Watchdog wired and installed cameras in my 18,000sq foot building.

08/19/2011

Deborah L.

Consultation with service and price proposal. Follow up phone to confirm agreement. Paypal involved payment. Understood my preferences. Detailed attention to installation and ease of use for customer. Customer feels confident with the quality of work.

Description of Work
Security camera, motion light, digital internet components for camera.

08/03/2010

Paul M.

they where the most professional company i have ever dealt with

Description of Work
Video surveillance with awesome feature to remote view from any computer with internet while viewing i can zoom in, tilt, rotate and take still images to save if needed. very professional service and installation my interior camera nobody even knows its there and it records sound and video so if you do have a problem and they are talking to each other it will help catch the people. i have never seen anything like this the picture is so clear. i would recommend this to anyone.

Category remodeling,home security systems

Silent Watchdog Video Surveillance

Founded 2003 • With Angi since July 2010

12350 Holly St NW

Minneapolis, MN 55448

Video surveillance, CCTV camera sales & repair.

Check, Financing Available