Scheftel Construction

Founded 1992 • With Angi since July 2009

3220 Snelling Ave S

Minneapolis, MN 55406

Welcome to Scheftel Construction! Scheftel Construction is a small but full-service construction company located in south Minneapolis. We provide skilled craftsmanship and reliable service for projects ranging from home repair and remodeling to commercial projects. We specialize in vintage home maintenance and remodeling. Whether you want to create an addition or a deck, remodel a bathroom or a kitchen, or need help with outdoor trim or roof repairs, patching a ceiling, or any of those many things that always need fixing in an older house, we can help you. Our wood shop can create custom woodworking and millwork to match your existing trim and woodwork, and our portable sawmill provides custom-cut local wood — wood from the urban forest — that can be used for trim, custom built-ins, wooden counters, furniture and other special projects. Wood from the urban forest means lumber sawn from trees in the metro area that are dead or have been downed by storms, or trees that have been cut by tree services — wood that might otherwise go to waste or be chipped or sold for firewood. There is an amazing variety of wood growing in and around the Twin Cities. In addition to standbys like red oak, white oak and ash, we offer unusual — and more dramatic — woods, like black walnut, red elm, cherry, honey locust, spalted maple, clear spruce and more. Thank you for considering Scheftel Construction and we look forward to impressing you!...

03/13/2018

Braden B.

He is good, even-keeled and professional.

Description of Work
Drywall finishing

Category drywall,handyman service

12/20/2017

Cherry F.

They do an excellent job! I will definitely recommend them and absolutely use them, again.

Description of Work
Remodeling Service

Category remodeling

12/19/2017

Terrence R.

Arrived on time went about his work and finished quickly

Description of Work
removed in wall air conditioner framed opening matched and attached to outside of house Insulated the old opening

Category picture framing,handyman service,remodeling

11/13/2017

Michael B.

Steve came to our home to look at the work and gave a verbal quote onsite. I was really pleased with our initial interaction. However, after our first meeting he became very hard to get a hold of and did not communicate well with us on final price, schedule, or any logistics necessary to do the work. I had to call him many times to try and understand next steps and coordinate for him to start. He ignored our contact, and did not follow up unprompted. After he missed our start date, that we set over a month before, we had a phone call to attempt to reschedule (weather dependent) and he could not commit to the work or tell me why he could or could not perform it. He then yelled at me and hung up the phone. I am appalled by his lack of communication, professionalism and patience. Now we have all of our doors and hardware in our garage, and we are left to find another contractor last minute, in November. I do not recommend working with Steve if you are looking for good service from start to finish.

Description of Work
We tried to hire Steve to replace the exterior doors on our home and another on our garage.

Category handyman service,woodworking,doors

11/02/2017

Leigh J.

This contractor was surly while I interviewed him, and in the end gave a grossly inflated bid for the work, really as an insult more than anything. Totally unprofessional.

Description of Work
carpentry to restore sub structure of wing of house and new walls

Category contractors

10/28/2017

Barbara S.

I wanted a fancy railing so he had to do some fine carpentry. Work was bid, highly competent and professional - personable. Would recommend. Barbara Steinberg

Description of Work
new 12 by 12 deck and railing

Category handyman service

09/15/2017

PAUL O.

I was very pleased with the responsiveness and results. Steve was the only contractor to have the courtesy to call me back for this small job (less than a day). He came up with a design for the bracket which was both functional and decorative. He was able to come on site just a few weeks after giving me the estimate.

Description of Work
Replace back porch post with a bracket; repair rotted wood trim around garage door.

Category contractors,handyman service,woodworking

08/17/2017

Robert S.

Good job doing the drywall, had to come out again and send a different person as screws popped and didn't mud and smooth terribly well.

Description of Work
Drywall bathroom

Category drywall,handyman service

07/24/2017

Lisa S.

I called Angies List and they said I would have a 149.00 credit to my account to be used on something else. I am currently trying to apply that amount to some plumbing work. I would never recommend this guy. He has a serious problem - may do very good work when he's straight. But twice he was not sober for me.

Description of Work
I paid for 4 hrs of work at 75.00 an hour for 149.00. I had work to do on the facia on my house and I knew there were some places of wood rot. The man showed up drunk, walked around the house, threw a number - $3,400.00 at my husband - didn't stop walking, got in his truck and drove away. We were pretty appalled. I called AL and let them know what happened. They set up a time for him to come back out and do something different. The first thing out of his mouth was that I was not getting the deal, but only 2 hrs of work at 75.00. He was drunk again. I showed him a couple of things that I could use done and he just said sure, laughed and left in his truck again.

Category handyman service

07/17/2017

Sam R.

Everything went fine from my end - I don't know about the carpenter. Actually I did ask Steve to send his guy back out to replace 1 more piece of wood I thought was a little mushy. He came out and replaced the board I sent a check. I have used Steve Scheftel 2 other times. this was the only time I asked him to come back and redo something. He did it no questions asked - no additional billing. I believe the mark of a good company is how they handle a customer complaint. I will call Steve again - with reservation.

Description of Work
Steve guy replaced some rotted siding.

Category handyman service,siding

Green Clean Restoration & Carpet Care

Super Service Award Winner 11 Years in a Row! 10% off Initial Emergency Service for Water, Fire or Smoke Damage. Green Clean is a locally-owned, full service cleaning and restoration company. Founded in 1996, Green Clean (formerly R&C Cleaning Specialists) has established a reputation for delivering high-quality cleaning and restoration services for homeowners, businesses, and insurance companies throughout the entire Twin Cities Metro area. From initial consultations to project management, reconstruction and restorations, every member of Green Clean staff are dedicated to restoring healthy environments. That dedication, along with an experienced, IICRC-certified staff of cleaning and restoration technicians have earned Green Clean an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. 24 hour Water/Fire Damage Response Line 612-789-9600. Additional phones: (952) 944-9600 and (651) 714-4554.

Offers by Green Clean Restoration & Carpet Care on Angi
    Done Right Carpet & Restoration

Call Us 24/7 at (612) 331-4454 For Immediate Response. No Matter the Size of the Water Damage Cleanup, We Have You Covered. We pride ourselves on our personal commitment to each and every client. When you call us, it’s like you called a family member because we treat every job like it was our own home or business.

Randy's Electric

You deserve a safe and reliable home. Get the job done right the first time with outstanding customer service from the Twin Cities top rated electrician. Outlets, fans, lighting, smoke detectors, switches, and service panels. Your full service electrician.

Offers by Randy's Electric on Angi

General, kitchen & bath remodeling. Windows. Handyman. Roofing. Custom mill work. Cabinets. Built-ins. Furniture.