Premium Tree Protection LLC

Founded 2005 • With Angi since August 2012

5253 34th Ave S

Minneapolis, MN 55417

Additional email - admin@premiumtreeprotection.com....

07/16/2018

WENDY B.

My husband took Friday afternoon off to meet with him and he never showed.

Description of Work
Diagnose tree problem

07/20/2017

Kathy W.

Mark came out on May 2nd to apply first application of fungicide mixture for our Crab Tree and then returned on May 25th to apply second application of fungicide and treat the backyard noxious weeds. Our backyard includes a wooded area so I explained to Mark what weeds we needed to spray and he did a great job of seeking them out and spraying them while being careful not to spray flowers and trees that were not noxious .

Description of Work
Two applications of fungicide mixture to prevent apple scab on our Crab Tree. Plus, one application of Herbicide to treat backyard noxious weeds/ (garlic mustard, nettle, etc)

06/02/2017

WILLIAM W.

The tree has looked fantastic ever since with an over abundance of apples and no loss of leaves.

Description of Work
Have used them for the past few years to spray my crab tree for Apple Scab which was defoliating my tree beginning in June each year. They use a two- spray application before blossoms open in the Spring.

12/23/2016

Al R.

They come when you call them and I don't have Emerald Ash bug yet; I get to keep my tree.

Description of Work
I use Premium Tree Protection for tree services. They're putting something in the ground or in the trees that is a systemic poison for the thing and it has to be done every two years.

10/24/2016

Deborah M.

Very punctual and took care of things within a couple of days. Thanks!

Description of Work
Japanese Beetle protection!

06/17/2016

WENDE D.

Adam came out about a week after we spoke on the phone. He spent quite a while looking the trees over and talking with me about what we see and how that fits with the hallmarks of each disease. The ash is a bit of a mystery as it does not exhibit the usual signs of EAB. He advised that we keep treating it, cut out the dead sections, and keep an eye on it. The elm sadly was showing signs of DED. He recommended I have the affected sections cut out so he could examine them and make an offiicial diagnosis. I hired a company to come out and excise the trees. Adam made sure he was here that day as well so he could examine each section of the tree for DED as they cut it back. Though the canopy is not showing the usual signs of DED the tissue just under the bark was. Again, a bit of a mystery. Adam took a section of the tree over to the U of M for testing. In the meantime, we will keep an eye on it and continue treatments. While Adam was here he noticed a large crack running through the trunk of a large birch tree next to my house. I am grateful he noticed this as I had not and it turned out the cables that were installed a year ago were the only things holding up half the tree! I have been very happy with the services provided by Adam and Jason at Premium Tree Protection. I enjoy talking with them and learning about the trees on my property. I appreciate the time and care they put into my trees.

Description of Work
Premium Tree Protection has been treating the trees on my property for several years. This year i noticed a little die-back at the top of my lovely massive elm tree. The ash tree also had a large section of die-back. I asked Premium Tree to come out and check for dutch elm disease (DED) and emerald ash borer (EAB) and advise me on a course of action.

09/11/2014

Karen N.

Adam came out and thoroughly looked at our trees and agreed that that was what was ailing our trees. He said we needed to have the roots that were strangling the trees removed, but with a special air spade which he did not have. He told my husband that he would contact us with the name of a company who could do the work for us which he promptly did. He came out to our home, spent time inspecting our trees and bothered to find someone to do the work for us without charging us a penny. Thank you, Adam! Hopefully the rest of our trees will not need a disease specialist, but if we ever do I will be contacting Adam at Premium Tree Protection.

Description of Work
We have two maple trees which are 15+ years old and look as though they are dying. We took a picture of them to Gerten's and they thought it was something called girdling root. We contacted a tree service and they referred us to Adam at Premium Tree Protection.

06/08/2014

Kathy W.

I spoke with Adam early May to request that he spray our crab apple tree again this year. He did it last year and the tree which looked like it was dying came back to life and flowered beautifully and stayed healthy all year. Adam checks our area for when the trees are close to budding and choses an appropriate time to treat the trees to get the maximum benefit of spraying. He called a couple days in advance each time he came to let me know when he was coming to spray the tree. I did not need to be home when he sprayed the tree. I was billed for each separate application. I've used Adam on other projects and have always found him to be professional in communication, billing, and careful use of spray applications in regard to the surrounding environment. The tree blossomed beautifully again this year and the leaves look healthy.

Description of Work
Sprayed two applications (5/15 & 6/5 at 75. each time) of a spring fungicide mixture to prevent apple scab on my crab apple tree.

10/31/2013

Kathy W.

On two separate dates, Adam sprayed an application of fungicide mixture of systemic and contact fungicides. After the first application the leaves looked better and we had more flowers at blossoming time than we have had in years. I was afraid the tree was dying. Fortunately, Adam clued me in on what he problem was and corrected it.

Description of Work
Our crab apple tree had been looking bad for a couple of years. I received some educational information on trees, weeds etc. from Adam and saw a picture of a crab apple tree that had been infected with scab . It looked like our tree so I called Adam to look at our tree and he suggested a spray that would help prevent apple scab.

10/31/2013

Kathy W.

Adam is careful to choose a day where the right conditions, (no wind) would affect the job success. . He is also careful to spray just the undesirable weeds. Only a few patches of weeds returned this year. Last year Adam sprayed a wooded area that had nettle, thistle, buckthorn, garlic mustard, and few other undesirables. It was the first time, in the 18 years we've been in our home, that we could see soil in the woods. He is dependable, environmentally careful and well educated in controlling undesirable plants and trees so that the desirable plants and trees can grow in a healthy environment.

Description of Work
Sprayed nettle, creeping charlie, and other undesirable weeds and buckthorn tree stumps that were not quite dead yet.

Category lawn treatment

08/04/2012

WILLIAM R.

Adam Gerber is extremely knowledgeable in his field and accomplished the eradication of my Buckthorn without causing damage to the many small and larger trees in my backyard woods. He arrived exactly on time and did his job. He used less chemical than expected and charged me less than his quote. Of course, he could have charged more, because I would have no way of knowing how much spray he used. How many businesses can be relied on to do that these days?Adam is very congenial and explained in detail the entire process. If any Buckthorn dares to show up in the future, I will call Adam to"nip it in the bud". He explained that in about 3 years, some will show up, but that it would be a minor effort to keep it at bay.

Description of Work
Adam Gerber, owner and operator of Premium Tree Protection, and is a certified arborist, and graduate of the University of Minnesota. He operates in the Twin Cities area, at 612-554-0054. He was recommended to me by Bob Thomas of Thomas Tree Service. Bob cleared out a dense forest of Buckthorn of approximately 100' by 300' in size that had taken over my backyard woods. I was told to call in Adam after a period of about 6 weeks when new Buckthorn plants began to re-emerge. Adam sprayed all of the new growth with a special chemical that killed all of the new Buckthorn. Now, my newly cleared woods is filling with ferns and sumac, and hopefully wildflowers next spring. I have reclaimed the beautiful forest growth that I had when I had my house built on this property 18 years ago.

NORTHEAST TREE INC

Northeast Tree Inc. was founded in 1994 by George and Lynn Welles. It started as a small owner-operated full service tree service and remains that way today. All sales and work are supervised by a certified arborist. Northeast Tree Inc. specializes in technical removals and fine pruning. Use of rope and saddle techniques to access trees eliminates the need for heavy equipment on residential property. All work completed by Northeast Tree Inc. complies with ANSI Z.133 standards for safety, and ANSI A.300 standards for pruning. Our main focus is always safety, and we are constantly working to educate consumers on proper tree care and maintenance. 8 Employees, tree fertilizing & treatments. Cost is determined by the job. Travel charges sometimes apply.

Arbor Barber, Inc.

WE ARE NOT AFFILIATED WITH ARBOR BARBER LLC OR JOHN KOPPI, WE ARE THE ORIGINAL ARBOR BARBER - Offering professional tree service at a reasonable rate in the Twin Cities area since 1989. Call today and allow us to help you with all of your tree service needs. We specialize in the precision take-down of any tree.

Offers by Arbor Barber, Inc. on Angi
    Arbortech Stump & Tree Removal

At Arbortech we provide quality and affordable tree service. We understand that trees are an important part of your landscape. Let our ISA Certified Arborist provide you with the best tree care possible. Trees are active living organisms. Every living branch of a tree serves a purpose in maintaining the overall health of the tree. Arbortech Stump and Tree Removal is your choice for professional tree care for both residential and commercial customers. Call us today for your tree service needs. ISA Certified Arborist on staff. 100% customer satisfaction is our goal with every job. We add value and beauty to your landscape by preserving health, enhancing beauty and maximizing safety within your living environment.

Apple scab, buckthorn removal, dutch elm disease, emerald ash borer, evergreen management, fertilization & growth regulator.