Porcelite Bathtub Refinishing

Founded 1976 • With Angi since June 2001

14332 21st Ave N Ste 150

Minneapolis, MN 55447

Whatever your needs may be in porcelain repair & refinishing. Porcelite utilizes a scientific process for bathtub refinishing that has been successfully researched and tested by various engineering testing firms. The process utilizes a specially-formulated, catalyzed, chemical coating to turn an ugly tub into one that dries to a gleaming, smooth, hard finish with that "new tub" look of any desired color. This refinishing or reglazing process works on porcelain, acrylic and fiberglass tubs and showers. Service since 1976- the oldest refinishing company in town. Porcelite Bathtub Refinishing Company has been in business in the Twin City Metro area for over 34 Years. A wide variety of home owners, apartments and contractors have been pleased with the Ease, Low-Cost and beauty of their "new" bath tubs. Compared to the cost of a new fixture + removal of old, new installation, the Porcelite tub refinishing process is a great alternative of Refinishing rather than replacing. Experience shows in quality!...

01/03/2022

Samuel Y.

Hired Porcelite to refinish a bathtub. Straightforward job, nothing unusual about our tub. On the plus side, Porcelite is very systematic and punctual, and they communicate clearly, but the poor rating is due to the product itself. Perhaps this product just does not work for older (1935 in our case) bathtubs? If so, that should be discussed up front. Or maybe this treatment only works if you don't use your bathtub for normal bathing/showering? I followed all the instructions yet four months after the treatment the new surface is already chipping away quite noticeably.

Description of Work
bathtub refinishing

10/11/2019

Tatiana I.

Very bad, Mitchell the guy who did the job, don’t know how to do it, there were paint dripping on the bathtub, scratches, orange looks like in some areas, debris below the paint, he came back to ‘fix’ the initial problem (dripping paint) but instead created the other problems, didn’t paint the bottom of the bathtub when I spoke to his manager he said that he will be back when we change the floor to finish the bottom (but Mitchell even paint the floor we have right now), also he use my new bathroom sink to wash his tools so it left paint in it, I requested a supervisor to came over and check but Mark (supervisor) said there are no one, and that Mitchell is their best employee, and he will send him back to fix everything ‘again’, at the end they decided to no come back and instead refund my money, until now I have no received a penny.

Description of Work
Refinished a bathtub

Category bathtub refinishing

The check for the full refund amount of $595.00 was mailed out on 10/9/19. It has not cleared our bank as of today (10/13/19). If you do not see the check by the 18th, please let us know.

09/06/2019

Angie B.

A great job! We are very happy with the results.

Description of Work
tub refinishing

06/01/2019

Kathleen R.

Don't waste your money! I had my tub refinished in late January and by May I now have several chips with more showing up daily. I had Porcelite had come back for the warranty and they said that they could fix the chips but because there are more chips coming I could not see the point. The technician then said they could redo the tub but because of its age and condition they could not guarantee it would not keep happening. I am not sure why they did not tell me that before they initially resurfaced the tub. Very disappointed. For a couple of months, it looked great and the people were great to work with.

Description of Work
Resurface Bathtub

Category bathtub refinishing

Thank you for posting about your experience with tub refinishing. Our notes about the tub are a bit different: we show that the complaint in May was for peeling. That'[Member Information Removed] something that should not be happening, so we returned to repair it. Peeling and chipping are different. Peeling means we didn't do our job as well as we should have. Chipping unfortunately comes from things (such as shaving cream cans, kids toys, etc) being dropped in the tub, and as our warranty and care instructions say : chips aren't covered under warranty. If you indeed have further peeling, please call Mark in the office and we will have the tech return to repair the area([Member Information Removed]). We generally see 15-ish year lifespan on our refinishes, so something is going on with this tub that we want to address. 612-529-7000 is our number.

05/22/2019

LYNDA K.

Based on Angie’s List reviews, I called Porcelite. Mark answered all my questions, gave me prices and scheduled the appointment. Victor arrived on time for the appointment and explained the process to me. There was a ridge in the tub that I had assumed was from previous refinishing (before I lived here). Victor said it had not been refinished, those marks were from drain cleaners. He told me that he could not completely smooth that out, but could make it look better. I appreciated this because he saved me the $150 it would have cost to strip the old finish, had he tub been refinished previously and he could have just told me it had been refinished and charged me for that service. The whole process took about 3 hours. Yes, it stunk to high heaven, but the smell was gone in about a day. After a 24-hour cure, I actually gave it 48, I was back in business. The tub looks beautiful, really like a brand new tub. After a couple of days, I noticed a spot that had been missed, texted Mark a photo, and Victor came back out and primed and glazed that spot. In his defense, my bathroom is darkish and at first I thought it was a shadow, so I can see how he missed it the first time. My only complaint about the whole process is that I opted for texturizing the tub surface ($39) to avoid having to use a tub mat for showering. Even with the texturizing, it is wayyy too slippery and I ended up ordering a mat from Amazon that is made specifically for refinished tubs.

Description of Work
My 1951 bathtub was in rough shape, including a couple of spots with the finish completely gone. It was definitely past due to be refinished.

Category bathtub refinishing

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with Mark and Victor. I'm glad some money and time could be saved once Victor assessed the tub in person. We appreciate your positive feedback! Have a great summer!

02/01/2019

Jennie L.

Bathtub looks brand new again after having to be completely stripped. We got a very reasonable price compared to other quotes we received. The service provider was kind and professional, and he was incredibly patient with the status of our house being in the middle of moving. Our stuff was literally everywhere! Poor guy.

Description of Work
Bathtub refinish

Category bathtub refinishing

We are glad that you had a positive experience with both Porcelite, and with Victor, the tech. Thank you for taking the time to post a review in the midst of your move!

12/04/2018

Paula D.

Wonderful. Great service, friendly, efficient. Great outcome. Cleaned up after himself and left my home very neat.

Description of Work
Reglaze tub

Category bathtub refinishing

So great to hear that the tub came out well, and that Mitchell cleaned up and left things clean and neat. That is very important to us, so I will make sure to pass along the positive review. Happy Holidays!

08/26/2018

SUSAN O.

arrived on schedule. Went about his job very professionally and efficiently. The finished product was outstanding.

Description of Work
clean and refinish bath tub

Category bathtub refinishing

I'm glad Victor did a nice job on your tub, and that it turned out well. Thank you for taking the time to write a review!

08/14/2018

ANN R.

Looked great. Didn't use the tub for a long time since we were doing a major remodeling in this rental property. Nine months after the work was done i noticed bumps in the surface around the drain area. I called the contractor and he sent a tech out. The tech (who had done the work) said that a dripping faucet had done the damage, and, that it was not covered by the warranty. Couldn't believe that a bathtub surface could be damaged by water dripping. Anyway, he was right, It was very clear in the warranty. We had the faucet repaired and the tub partially resurfaced ($150). It looks great again but I'm concerned how durable this product is. A new tenant moves in next month so we'll find out.

Description of Work
Bathtub refinishing

Category bathtub refinishing

Thank you for sharing your experience. It's understandable to question how dripping water can damage a tub's surface. It's amazing how corrosive water actually can be, given that it seems so innocuous. Please do let us know how things hold up now that the leak has been repaired. We have every hope that our average 10 year lifespan should be what you can expect.

08/03/2018

PATTI C.

I made the appointment over the phone and was quoted the cost less the Angie’s List discount. Mitchell refinished the tub as needed. Because water unexpectedly came out of the shower head after he had painted the tub, he came the next day to sand down the bubbles and touch up the paint. He gave us tips on replacing the drain and the necessary maintenance in order to keep the warranty in effect. Tub looks great!

Description of Work
Refinished nearly 50 year old tub.

Category bathtub refinishing

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for us. I'm so glad Mitchell went over the care instructions, and was able to rectify the water leak issue as well. Thanks again!

Different Strokes Painting

We have been in business since 2005 . I look forward to working with you to make your home or business look amazing.

Offers by Different Strokes Painting on Angi
    AmSpraypaint

Don't have time to paint the nursery before the baby arrives? We can paint it for you. Want to improve the appearance of your home before you put it on the market? Our crew can boost your curb appeal with a fresh coat of paint. If you're searching for local painting services in Saint Paul, MN, you've come to the right place. AM Spray Paint LLC offers first-rate interior and exterior painting services. You can trust our residential and commercial painters to make your walls and siding look like new.

Shelton Painting Inc

Shelton Painting Inc. is a Residential Painting Company serving the Twin Cities since 1990. We offer all services for interior painting and exterior painting. We offer the highest quality paint job using the finest available paint and materials. 5 Employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No service fees. Additional phone - (612) 804-9376. Additional service area - Sherburne & Sibley counties. may contact through email. Award winning.

Offers by Shelton Painting Inc on Angi