Northrup Remodeling, Roofing & Exteriors

Founded 2000 • With Angi since July 2003

Our mission at Northrup is to be different. It's that simple. We will treat you with respect while catering to your needs. We will provide you with a comprehensive plan where style, cost and value are our top priorities. Throughout your home improvement project, our craftsmen never lose site of the

Mark WhiteA Service Provider's profile imageA Service Provider's profile image

roofing (178)home remodeling (44)woodworking (29)general contractors (28)gutter repair (27)door installation (26)drywall (26)siding companies (24)flooring (23)basement remodeling (21)window replacement (20)tile installation (17)

11/02/2022

Mike S.

Excellent job from beginning to end. The quote was very reasonable. The workers arrived at 8 am and completed the entire roof replacement by 5 pm and cleaned up immaculately. The project manager was easy to contact and work with. He responded promptly to all our questions and concerns. The company was referred to us by two of our neighbors and we are delighted with Northrup's work! We would hire them again, no questions asked.

Description of Work
Tear off and replace asphalt roof

Category roofing, chimney repair

Work Completed On 09/26/2022

Thank you for your review, happy to hear what a great job we all did. Please keep us in mind for future projects you may need or want. Please review us to friends and family.

08/09/2022

BETH S.

My project manager, Chris Grose, was great to work with. He was easy to communicate with and always responded to my inquiries and questions. His carpenters did an excellent job and the finishing work of the wainscoting matches existing exactly. I was also very happy with his drywall contractor. The drywall contractor made sure the employee he sent to do the work could match our existing textured drywall on the ceiling portion of the job. It matches perfectly! This was a relatively small job but I never felt like it was less important than any other projects Chris was managing. I'm very happy with Chris and Northrup and will hire them again. I recommend you hire them too!

Description of Work
Structural beam needed to be reinforced because previous HVAC work had cut into part of it (discovered after owner removed half wall). After reinforcement was put in place for beam drywall was installed over beam and on adjacent wall. Wood wainscoting was then put back on adjacent wall to match existing next to it.

Category contractors, remodeling, chimney repair, woodworking

Work Completed On 08/09/2022

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for the great review, for Chris and our carpenters. I will make sure to let them know how happy you were with our work! Have a Great Day, Sharon

09/27/2021

KEITH K.

The estimator was one of the only people who inspected the flat roof section. The estimate came quickly and was reasonably priced. However, I had some concerns about what work was actually covered by the estimate and what exactly the warranty would cover.

Description of Work
Replacing sloped and flat roofs

Work Completed On 04/06/2021

09/09/2021

L. J.

They were pleasant, nice, offered advice and seemed knowledgeable. I was told within two weeks I would have an itemized estimate and then from there we would decide on a date to start. They never got back to me. I stayed home from work to be there for the walk through and they never responded with and estimate.

Description of Work
They did no service me I wanted crown molding on the walls, I wanted an additional room in the basement, I also wanted the electrical work done in the dining room and a chandelier installed.

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 09/09/2021

Hi [Member Name Removed] I tried to reach out by email 9-9-21, and as of today have not received a response. The project manager who was given your lead, left a message and had not heard back to schedule an time to meet with you regarding your project. Please check the email to which you provided on your request for an estimate. Thank you

07/28/2021

Linda G.

Communication was good, I received exactly what I asked and paid for. The room turned out beautifully. New windows, doors, railing, insulation, hvac, electric, wood work.

Description of Work
Convert 3 season porch into 4 season room

Category remodeling, chimney repair

Work Completed On 07/28/2021

03/26/2021

Phil B.

It went great! They are the best, won’t go wrong hiring them, even when something shows up four years later.

Description of Work
Icicles forming on the south edge of the roof caused fastening nails to loosen.

Category roofing, chimney repair

Work Completed On 03/26/2021

02/02/2021

Ed R.

Work was done as promised. Bob Nentl, project manager, kept me informed of progress, letting me know when workers would be there and what they were doing. He did a great job.

Description of Work
Finished garage with insulation, drywall, heater and new doors.

Category drywall, electrician, insulation, lighting, doors

Work Completed On 01/04/2021

11/11/2020

Trevor C.

Chris and his team were excellent! At a time when contractors are spread so thin, every effort was made to get someone to us in a timely manner to get through our rather piecemeal series of jobs to do. We made the decision to list our home, and when I reached out to them to let them know this, they found a way to bump us up a couple of weeks on the calendar. We have an older south Minneapolis home, so needless to say, things have settled. The doors each took some time to install, but they look great and they're level. The guys they sent in were friendly (it can be quite awkward having people in and out of your personal space, but they were always easy to engage with). We would definitely hire them again for future projects in our next home.

Description of Work
Interior and exterior door installation / downspout repair and replacement

Category gutter repair, remodeling, woodworking, drain pipe, doors

Work Completed On 10/01/2020

11/01/2020

Lonnie H.

I have never posted a review before, wanted to say that working with Northrup Roofing and Exteriors was a very positive experience. I give the company the highest recommendation possible. The work was professionally done and I am most happy with the outcome. The project manager, Cristian Vazquez, was wonderful to work with. He was simultaneously very knowledgeable and professional, while also being flexible and friendly. Finally, when everything was completed, I received a number of compliments from my neighbors about how great it looks

Description of Work
Roofing replacement

Work Completed On 11/01/2020

10/30/2020

Afton K.

I chose Northrup after checking out their interior work on their website, and I do not regret it! They helped update my entire main floor, with some gorgeous trim work, new flooring in my kitchen, and refreshed paint, and I've fallen in love with my home again. Nick and Tommy were prompt, polite, and fantastic to work with. It was clear that their entire team wanted to take the time to get the job done right, and I couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
Interior trim, flooring, paint, misc. finish work

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, interior designers, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/18/2020

10/30/2020

Angela H.

Northrup was amazing! Everything was completed on schedule and within our budget. Ron was an excellent project manager--so knowledgeable, helpful and responsive. Our basement is beautiful!!

Description of Work
We had a complete basement remodel including addition of a bedroom, bathroom, living room with a wall of cabinetry, pantry, laundry, new heating and air conditioning.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, egress windows, flooring contractor, picture framing, glass repair, hardwood floor, insulation, lighting, plumbing, replacement windows, home builders, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 06/01/2020

10/14/2020

Sally D.

We live in a 100 year old house. The rafters in our original roof broke and we had a mess. We wanted to repair the structure and re-roof with metal because it's lighter. I went around our neighborhood and talked to 5 neighbors that had metals roofs and eventually landed on Northrup. However, it didn't go well. They did the repair right away, but it sat there, naked, for weeks. I had to hound them - I think because they were waiting on a subcontractor maybe. Finally, they came and did it on a weekend. Fast forward one year - some of the trim didn't get done near the dormer and the little roof over the front door. Mark White came out and fixed it immediately. Fast forward another year, discovered the top-level bathroom fan didn't get vented. HOWEVER!!!! Mark White busted his butt to make it right. The employee that managed the project is no longer there, but Mark really worked at making sure we were happy. I have to give Mark credit for tolerating my nagging and being not-so-happy with all the issues, yet making sure everything was corrected. The work and repairs were top shelf once everything got done. I'm not sure I would hire again after all this. I suspect it had something to do with the previous employee. Maybe there are new project managers now that are more on top of things.

Description of Work
Complete roof repair and new roof

Work Completed On 10/13/2017

09/28/2020

Jo Ann G.

We needed someone to inspect our microwave roof vent to determine if it was operating properly. Christian from Northrup Roofing & Remodeling inspected the vent and determined it was working correctly but the microwave blower motor wasn't producing enough air flow. Thank you Christian and Northrup for a job well done!

Description of Work
Someone to go onto house to inspect microwave roof vent to see if it was properly opening & closing.

Work Completed On 09/24/2020

08/20/2020

Nicholas J.

Cristian was very responsive throughout the process, and Jesus and his team were meticulous in the repair work they did. Though our project ended up growing in scope as we uncovered the extent of the damage, Northrup did a great job for us and was reasonable about price. We would definitely consider them for future work

Description of Work
Replacing rotten cedar siding and rotten chimney cap

Category siding, chimney repair, woodworking

Work Completed On 07/01/2020

08/18/2020

Elizabeth M.

Northrup is truly a wonderful company. Bob Nentl communicated with us throughout the project and the carpentry was beautifully done, so the porch/sunroom looks like it was original to our 1913 home. Top-notch professionals, and we'd rehire them for any home improvement project.

Description of Work
Northrup remodeled our upstairs back porch/sunroom, adding 9 windows and re-doing the flat roof around the porch.

Category decks, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, woodworking, sunrooms

Work Completed On 04/30/2020

08/10/2020

Jeremy H.

This was a very large (in scope) remodel of a kitchen, including new hardwood install throughout the main floor, new lighting, etc. While there are always little items that come up (such as COVID, meaning the whole family stuck in the house during the project!), the Project Manager Ron was there to guide us throughout. He was very responsive and ensured not only that we received the kitchen we wanted, but helped us to consider some things we hadn't initially. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel plus new floors

Category electrician, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, lighting, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/15/2020

09/27/2019

Lisa C.

It was great! Our contractor was very communicative. The project was done early and on budget. All of the sub contractors that came in were great to work with and we would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Shower and tub replacement with flooring repair and drywall work

Category drywall, flooring contractor, home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/05/2019

09/04/2019

Adam D.

Chris and team did a great job creating our unfinished basement into a downstairs oasis. The team worked with a quality and quickness that could not be matched! We added a bathroom, family room and bedroom, all of which have been a great addition to our home. They also worked well within our budget and allowed for us to do the flooring and painting ourselves. We highly recommend working with Northrup on your next home project!

Description of Work
Basement Remodel

Category closet systems, drywall, electrician, egress windows, picture framing, insulation, lighting, plumbing, replacement windows, woodworking, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 06/03/2019

06/25/2019

Steven S.

Marvelous. Good responsiveness, quick and excellent work on many unrelated projects. Reasonable overall price. Would hire again without hesitation.

Description of Work
New ceilings, insulation, interior painting, exterior carpentry

Category drywall, lighting, remodeling, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/18/2020

06/25/2019

Steven S.

Very well. Cost was as estimated, quality was high and responsiveness was good. This is a very reliable contractor who delivers quality work as promised on time. We are glad we chose them over two other estimated offers.

Description of Work
A variety of projects both inside and outside of the house -- new top floor ceiling, insulation and light fixtures, rewrap front door, install railings on front and rear steps, build and paint a roof over rear entrance.

Category drywall, electrician, insulation, lighting, remodeling, pavers, gravel, ceiling fans, house painters, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 06/25/2019

06/18/2019

Lauren E.

Mark White and his team did a phenomenal job on all of our home repairs. He was punctual, responsive, and fair. I have to add extra praise as we were under a timeline to get our home on the market and Northrup came through for us even though our projects were delayed by the long winter.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel, garage roof and deck replacement, bannister installation

Category contractors, decks, roofing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 03/01/2019

06/16/2019

Jill E.

Northrup Remodeling is the first business that has offered to look at our house after a tornado and provided us with a fair estimate. We are looking forward to working with them on the repairs to our house.

Description of Work
Repair storm damage inside and outside of house