Both interior and exterior services are ready. Some exterior projects may be limited due to weather.

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched

NewDay LLC / NewDay Painting

Founded 1987 • With Angi since February 2003

418 Mission Rd W

Minneapolis, MN 55420

NewDay,llc / Painting has been serving the Twin Cities metro area for over 30 years due to our commitment to quality and attention to detail. We use quality products from the paint companies listed on the links below to help you make informed choices yourself. We also use Environmentally Safe

10/30/2021

Ahrens W.

They did a great job! They are really good at their craft! We appreciated their attention to detail!

Description of Work
Painting Upper level

10/30/2021

Ahrens W.

They did a great job! They were easy to work with. They followed all Covid protocols.

Description of Work
Painting main level

10/29/2021

Jeff O.

I ended up having more painting done than originally thought. NewDay did a great job overall and their quality was exceptional. They found things to fix on walls I initially did not see so the finished product looks better. Very pleasant guys to work with and you can tell they love their jobs!

Description of Work
Interior painting for new townhome

10/27/2021

Jacob H.

Chris worked really fast and quality was really good. I was super surprised that there were no paint specks on floor, sink, or trim work. Only criticism was that there were some tiny missed spots in hidden areas. I pointed those out and he fixed within 24 hours. The sheetrock fix had no issues, and he added insulation because it was an exterior wall and the old had rotted away.

Description of Work
Painted the whole mobile home interior and had him repair sheetrock

Category drywall, plastering, interior painters

10/26/2021

Andrew W.

Worked with New Day the first time after seeing them on Angies and have had them back 2 more times. I recommend them to anyone that wants paint work done. Fast, clean, timely, and good folks.

Description of Work
Interior painting and ceiling work.

10/19/2021

Becky F.

It was great, he was very cooperative, our scheduling was difficult but Kurt works well this, and the clean up was great.

Description of Work
Interior Office Painting

10/12/2021

Jacki A.

Great ! Never a mess Cleaned up every day completely Was very likable personality

Description of Work
Inside ceilings and walls of whole house

Category contractors, drywall, plastering, interior painters

10/08/2021

David L.

New Day did great work. The best I'd ever had. Would hire again.

Description of Work
Painting interior walls.

10/08/2021

Duane G.

Kurt and Chris are the consumate professionals. They do great work and are both honest and trustworthy. I would hire them again and again!

Description of Work
Both inside and outside painting

Category house painters, interior painters

01/22/2021

Eric O.

Kurt of New Days is my go-to contractor for painting and wood refinishing. He has completed many projects as we restore our Victorian home. For this project he had to do some plaster work to even out the walls and then painted the ceiling and walls. The work was flawless, the prices were reasonable, and he was always extremely professional and a joy to work with. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Painting of parlor room.

12/29/2020

Craig B.

Not so well, contacted them about the project, they responded pretty quickly. Scheduled a Monday at 9am meeting, they didn't show. I sent a message to the person coming at 915 asking if they were still going to come, no response until 1 that they had to renew their tabs and what time could they come. Pretty disappointing since I took the day off work to be here and they didn't even have the respect to let me know they couldn't make it. I hired them because of all the good ratings, really wondering if the ratings are accurate with my experience.

Description of Work
Had 20+ windows replaced with new baseboards so we had some drywall repair needed

Category contractors, drywall

I called you right away and left a message. You called back from a sandy beach in Mexico. I told you we would contact you on Tuesday. NOT EVEN to just show up on Monday.... My business associate called you early on Tuesday and left the message to schedule but no answer. He was willing to schedule...... In this Covid-19 world we all have to work together. Anyone who cares to read this.? .....this person is exhibit A of someone I am glad to find out early NEVER to work for. As for the people who I actually DID the work for, I am thankful for our good working relationship. I work hard to make them happy.

12/11/2020

Maggie R.

Kurt and Chris did a fantastic job on the house. They ran into a few issues on my main level that were not of their doing, but they made sure that everything was taken care of and better off when they left than it was when they arrived. The painting looks terrific, pricing was very reasonable, they did a really good job of cleaning up after themselves as they went, and they addressed any of my questions or any issues promptly and were very communicative throughout. Given our new world of Covid and working from home, Kurt and Chris were also very respectful of the fact that I was working while they were here, and they were super quiet and non-intrusive. It was clear that it meant a lot ot them that the job was done well and that I was happy with it, which I really appreciated. And for anyone reading this with pets, my dog wanted to be in the middle of everything, and Kurt and Chris were great with her; she was definitely sad to see them go. I would definitely hire NewDay again in the future and would recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Interior Painting, including walls, ceilings, and doors/trim

09/18/2020

Sara K.

Kurt from NewDay and Chris from CuttingEdge Contracting worked on the project. While the project took longer than estimated the work done was high quality. Kurt and Chris work well together. Paint quality was excellent.

Description of Work
We updated our kitchen - cabinets, doors, and woodwork painted, wallpaper removed (walls sanded and patched); interior walls and ceiling painted and deck cleaning and sealed.

Category wallpaper removal, deck cleaning, interior painters, cabinet refacing

09/09/2020

May C.

Vendor came up during the quote request searches and decided to send a quote request, never got a respond

Description of Work
No response

Category cabinet refacing

07/29/2020

Jessie R.

Kurt and Chris did an excellent job getting the paper and all the glue off of the walls. I had just refinished my hardwood floors, and they were very courteous and careful with them despite all the scrubbing and moisture required to effectively remove the glue. I was impressed with how well they got that glue off of all the corners and surfaces of the hallway.

Description of Work
I purchased a coupon on Angie's List for wallpaper removal in my home. It was a stairwell with very high ceilings and the upper level hallway.

Category wallpaper removal

07/10/2020

victoria R.

Fabulously. They took great care in patching and improving the walls of our old home before painting. Easy to work with and detail oriented. They were not the cheapest bid- but they gave us the best confidence and they did great, quality work. They were warm and committed to excellent service.

Description of Work
Panting and patch repair of interior walls.

Category interior painters, cabinet refacing

05/20/2020

Jane L.

I've worked with Kurt on a number of interior painting projects. This was the first time I've had him tackle an exterior project. I have a wood garage door that needs regular maintenance to keep it in good condition. The previous owners did not take care of it, and the wood was damaged due to weather exposure and not being properly sealed. I needed it repaired properly to prevent further damage. Kurt had to sand the entire door, custom match the stain to my neighbors' garage doors (had to be similar but I didn't have the color specs) and then stain and seal. He meticulously worked through the process of sanding, staining and sealing to ensure the wood was protected. The results are amazing! I can't believe how well my garage door looks. The beauty of the wood stands out. I received compliments from several neighbors on how nice the restoration looks. Kurt is exceedingly talented and I highly recommend him for any interior or exterior painting project. He is also very conscientious - follows up via text/email and is 100% trustworthy. He had access to my lockbox/house during the project and was careful about locking up, not letting my pet out and most importantly trustworthy. He has a solid reputation and has been in business for years, and doesn't hire subcontractors to show up and do the work. Overall, I highly recommend NewDay Painting. You may have to wait to get your job done (as he's busy) but totally worth the wait to have it done right.

Description of Work
Sand, Stain and Restore Wood Garage Door

Category house painters, doors

03/03/2020

Julie M.

We were in a tight time crunch to get some drywall and ceiling repair done in our house before we had it painted. I found Kurt on Angies list hoping that he could get it done in a few days time. Kurt was extremely flexible with our need to have rush work done, he rearranged his schedule to fit us in and did top notch work. Had I not already had work lined I would have had him just do all of out painting. Extremely professional, the quality of work is Grade A and he is so pleasant to work with. He was thorough and very clean and even offered up some suggestions for cleaning up Trim that I will probably just ask him to come back and fix. Communication was very easy and he was responsive and there was not a question that was left unanswered. I will hire Kurt for all my future painting and/or drywall work.

Description of Work
Drywall and Ceiling Repair and some painting.

02/05/2020

Andrew W.

I found NewDay here and they were fantastic to work with. Kurt was always fast to respond, honest with his estimate, and worked fast and the results are great. I felt more than safe letting them use my key while I was off to work. Two rooms of ceiling work, tons of wall repair/patching, and carpet removal only took them 2 days. I'd absolutely work with them again.

Description of Work
Wall patching, Ceiling texture, Ceiling Paint, Carpet/Pad removal

12/16/2019

Lee S.

Kurt did an amazing job taping, mudding, and painting the drywall in our basement. He scoped it out accurately and when I requested him to do more work he priced the additional work fairly. Kurt got along with our dog really well too! That was nice as we gave him a code to our house so he could come and go over multiple days and we knew our dog had friendly company. I immediately felt a strong sense of trust towards Kurt, and am happy to give him such a strong review because the project went so well.

Description of Work
Drywall taping, mudding, and painting

Category plastering, interior painters

10/27/2019

sue L.

Kurt was able to work while we were out of town for the winter. We gave him access to the house on his schedule which did not disrupt our schedule. In the coldest weeks of February, he was able to reassure us that the pipes were not frozen and the heat was on. When we returned in May, the work was done and we were ready to show our home which recently sold. We think the colors Kurt recommended enhanced the appearance of the house and welcomed prospective buyers. We would highly recommend his company after the 2 jobs he did for us.

Description of Work
We needed work done and chose Kurt at NewDay because of his wonderful work in the summer of 2018. We needed 4 rooms painted during the winter months of 2019 so we could show our home on the market in May.

Category wallpaper removal, interior painters

10/25/2019

James H.

It was excellent, it looks like a brand new house. They quoted a price and they finished on time.

Description of Work
They repainted the entire interior of the house. They also did repair works on the wall.

10/23/2019

Eric O.

NewDay's expertise in refinishing woodwork and painting and plastering of walls made a world of difference for our bathroom and parlor room renovation projects. The walls now have no imperfections and the solid core doors are restored to their original 1880s look. The rooms now pop. Kurt and NewDay were prompt and courteous with very reasonable prices. Will definitely call upon NewDay again.

Description of Work
Painting of bathroom and parlor room and refinishing of French doors.

Category plastering, interior painters, doors

10/21/2019

David L.

Kurt and his assistant Chris arrived on time and began work immediately. They proceeded to patch all cracks/seams, then applied a premier and two top coats of latex paint. The garage never looked better. They were neat, and cleaned up after they were finished. Two great people you will enjoy working with. I'd hire again when ever I need painting, plastering or drywall work!

Description of Work
Interior of three car garage

Category plastering, house painters, interior painters

05/07/2019

MAUREEN R.

They never called or contacted us - there was no response

Description of Work
wallpaper removal and paint for 2 rooms

Category wallpaper removal, interior painters

Ramsey is not in my service area.