NATIONWIDE FLOOR & WINDOW COVERING

Founded 2000 • With Angi since August 2006

4.3

10640 LYNDALE AVE SO SUITE 14

Minneapolis, MN 55420

OFFERS FREE SHOP AT HOME SERVICE.

CLAIRE T.
08/02/2006
The service representative was not familiar with the products her company was selling. I ordered a tile only to learn that it had been discontinued. I ordered vinyl to learn that I had to order more than twice as much as I needed. She changed the dates of installation without consulting me which was highly inconvenient for my own schedule, my family and the other work being done by the carpenters working on nearby projects. I heard different things about why installation had to be delayed by 3 different company sources. I finally had to have a couple of conversations with the owner (Jim) who was polite and responsive and did succeed in getting the work done by Friday evening.
Description of Work
Vinyl Flooring was installed a small basement bathroom. Mannington Revolution Tiles were installed in a basement. The actual installers were polite and seemed to do a good job. But trim to surround existing ceramic tile has not yet been delivered. The contractor doing my other work is expected to install this.
flooring contractor

WE CANNOT CONTROL WHEN THE REMODELING CONTRACTOR WILL RETURN TO TRIM OUT THE JOB AFTER THE FLOORING HAS BEEN INSTALLED. IT WAS UNFORTUNATE THE TILE THE MEMBER SELECTED HAD BEEN DISCONTINUED. THIS WASTES EVERYONE'S TIME AND IS FRUSTRATING. WE TRY TO GET THE MANUFACTURERS TO KEEP US INFORMED OF PRODUCT DROPS. THE VINYL THE MEMBER SELECTED CAME ONLY IN A 12' WIDTH AND SHE NEEDED ONLY A 6' WIDTH, THAT IS WHY SHE STATES SHE HAD TO ORDER TWICE AS MUCH AS NEEDED. REGARDING THE INSTALLATION DATES; THE MOISTURE LEVEL IN THE BASEMENT WAS TOO HIGH TO INSTALL THE FLOORING, SO WE HAD THE MEMBER GET DEHUMIDIFIERS TO REDUCE THE MOISTURE TO AN ACCEPTABLE LEVEL. THE LAMINATE FLOORING WOULD NOT HAVE PERFORMED TO THE MEMBER'S SATISFACTION IF WE HAD INSTALLED IT IN THE MOIST ENVIRONMENT. THIS PROVIDED AN INCONVENIENCE FOR THE INSTALLERS, AS WELL AS THE MEMBER, BECAUSE I HAD TO JUGGLE THEIR SCHEDULE TO ACCOMMODATE THE MEMBER.
SHERYL S.
08/16/2004
SHE CALLED, SAID SHE WAS PULLING OUT OF THE ESTIMATE, ACCUSED ME OF PRICE-SHOPPING AND SAID I WAS QUESTIONING HER. I TOLD HER FROM THE BEGINNING THAT I WAS BRINING IN 2 ESTIMATORS. AS FOR THE QUESTIONS, SHE WOULD USE SPECIFIC TERMS, I ASK HER WHAT SHE MEANT, AND I WOULD SAY OK. SHE SAID SHE IS A VERY PROFESSIONAL PERSON, BUT I DON'T THINK THAT NOT ALLOWING THE CUSTOMER TO ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT WHAT THEY ARE BUYING OR BRINGING IN 2 ESTIMATORS IS UNPROFESSIONAL. I KEPT HER IN THE LOOP AT ALL TIMES REGARDING TIME FRAMES, AND TOLD HER THAT I WAS WORKING ON GETTING HER INTO THE PROPERTY TO DO THE ESTIMATE. WHEN SHE CANCELED THE FIRST APPT, SHE SAID SHE LEFT ME A VOICE MAIL, BUT I NEVER GOT IT. THAT, ALONG WITH HER EMAIL AND ACCUSING ME OF PRICE SHOPPING (WHICH I WAS NOT DOING, BUT WHAT IF I WAS), HER NOT READING FLOOR PLANS PROPERLY AND CHALLENGING HER WHEN ALL I DID WAS ASK QUESTIONS MAKES ME GIVE HER THE RATING THAT I AM GIVING HER.
Description of Work
I LEFT A VOICE MESSAGE ASKING FOR A LAMINATE ESTIMATE. THE SALES LADY CALLED BACK AND TALKED ABOUT VINYL. I MET WITH HER ANYWAY. I EXPLAINED TO HER THIS WAS NEW CONSTRUCTION AND I HAD NOT CLOSED ON THE PROPERTY YET. SHE SAID THIS WAS NO PROBLEM. I TOLD HER I COULD GET HER IN TO DO AN ESTIMATE AS SOON AS I COULD. SHE WAS OK WITH THAT. SHE THEN SENT AN EMAIL WITH THE WRONG WORK AND HOME EMAIL, NOT EVEN CLOSE. I CALLED HER AND SHE FAXED IT TO ME AND SAID SHE HAD SENT IT AT 4AM. THE FAX SHOWED SHE WROTE IT AT 6:35 AM. SHE HAD MY BUSINESS CARD FOR HOME & WORK, BUT WAS NOT EVEN CLOSE ON THE EMAIL ADDRESSES. SHE CANCELLED ON MY REALTOR TO COME IN AND DO THE ESTIMATE. SHE SAID SHE NEEDED TO HAVE HER BOSS THERE, SO I SAID FINE. SHE SAID FROM THE FLOOR PLAN SHE HAD GOTTEN A WEEK AGO, SHE WAS CONCERNED ABOUT THE OPEN TO BELOW SPACE NEAR THE STEPS. BUT THE STEPS ARE NOWHERE NEAR THE OPEN TO BELOW SPACE, SHE DID NOT READ THE FLOOR PLAN.
flooring contractor

THE MEMBER INITIALLY WOULD NOT EVEN PROVIDE HER LAST NAME OR PHONE NUMBER - YET EXPECTED US TO MEET HER AT A COFFEE SHOP TO DISCUSS HER PROJECT. THE MEMBER WAS VERY DEMANDING ABOUT RECEIVING A FIRM ESTIMATE ASAP, EVEN WHEN WE HAD NOT HAD A CHANCE TO REVIEW THE PROPERTY - OR ANY SCALED/USEABLE BLUEPRINTS. OVER THE COURSE OF NUMEROUS DISCUSSIONS THE MEMBER WAS PUSHY AND UNREASONABLE, SO WE CHOSE NOT TO PURSUE A BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP WITH THE MEMBER.
LYDIA W.
06/30/2004
ALTHOUGH THEY WERE NOT AWARE OF IT, THE INSTALLERS SEVERED THE PHONE LINE. OTHER THAN THAT THEY DID A VERY NICE JOB. THE SALESWOMAN, GAIL SLACKER WAS CONFIDENT AND HELPFUL.
Description of Work
INSTALLED VINYL FLOORING IN THE KITCHEN.
KRISTIN S.
03/27/2002
PEOPLE WHO REPLACED THE CARPET DAMAGED THE COUCH. THEY DID GET THE COUCH FIXED. MEMBER WAS VERY HAPPY WITH THEM.
Description of Work
CARPET INSTALLATION. CARPET BASEMENT.
JOHN D.
10/12/2001
ABSOLUTELY TOP NOTCH. CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS WONDERFUL
Description of Work
LAMINATE FLOORS AND NEW CARPET
CINDY D.
08/10/2001
THIS WAS THE MOST WONDERFUL CARPET BUYING/INSTALLING EXPERIENCE I'VE HAD IN 3 HOMES. STEVE WEIN'S PRE-SALE/POST-SALE ATTENTION TO DETAIL AND ATTENTIVENESS DURING INSTALLATION WAS AMAZING AND DELIGHTFULLY UNCOMMON! GREAT EXPERIENCE AND IT LOOKS FABULOUS!
Description of Work
CARPET CONSULTATION & INSTALLATION

C and J Home Services

We specialize in tile installs and repairs. We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Dave's Master Floor Care

Expert hardwood floor sanding, staining & refinishing service. Crack repair, Top OSHA Zero-Dust containment system, Odorless stains & finishes, Scratch resistant for pets, fast turnaround. Heavy furniture moving available. Additional services: Epoxy Garage Floor refinishing & repair, Deck refinishing, staining & repair. Light handyman service.

Offers Coupon

Metro Floors

Kitchen and Bath Remodeling. Ceramic Tile. Luxury Vinyl Tile. Granite and Quartz Counter Tops. Custom Showers. Hardwood. Carpet. Laminate. Engineered Flooring. Custom Cabinets. Trim work. Painting. Other Services.

Offers Coupon

Check, Visa, MasterCard
    ASK FOR DETAILS

WE PROVIDE AND INSTALL ALL TYPES OF FLOORING TO INCLUDE CARPET, VINYL LAMINATE, WOOD, AND TILE. WE ALSO REFINISH WOOD FLOORS. WINDOW COVERINGS INCLUDE ALL TYPES OF BLINDS AND SHADES.