Monarch Painting

Founded 1996 • With Angi since August 2008

Monarch Painting offers reliable service and quality work at reasonable prices. We are fully insured, members of the Better Business Bureau, and have over twenty years combined experience. We can also help with wallpaper removal, light wall repair, and color consultation. • Monarch Painting uses

house painting (65)interior painting (44)drywall (10)wallpaper removal (6)deck cleaning (5)decks & porches (5)pressure washing (4)window replacement (1)handyman (1)

10/07/2021

Jacob R.

It was very hot during our house painting so Seb was only able to work in the mornings on the really hot days but he was quick and efficient. It took less than a week and I'm pretty sure he left the yard cleaner than when he came. Shane, the owner, responded to phone calls and emails quickly and I paid the original bid of $5050 for power wash and two coats of paint for stucco siding of my 1,500 sqft bungalow (no trim/doors painted).

Description of Work
Painting exterior stucco

Category pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 08/16/2021

10/07/2021

JON K.

Painted the exterior of a three bedroom rambler in three colors. No problems at all. I contacted Shane in late July, when his summer schedule was already pretty full. He gave me an estimate the next day and put me on the schedule for late Sept or early Oct. Shane, Sev, and Ricky painted the house in late Sept. They power washed, scraped, primed, and then painted, taking a week for the entire job. The quality was excellent. Shane and his crew were pleasant to deal with. I would definitely recommend Monarch Painting.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting

Category decks, house painters

Work Completed On 09/29/2021

08/15/2021

JENNY E N.

Excellent. Shane worked out a schedule for painting after my siding contractors completed their work. Patiently explained things when I had questions. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Painting new/repaired soffit and fascia and existing trim

Work Completed On 07/26/2021

05/20/2020

Sarah T.

Fabulous! Great and reasonably priced!

Description of Work
Paint entrances to house and backyard

Category deck cleaning, house painters

Work Completed On 05/20/2020

05/18/2020

Nate M.

The Monarch crew came out last fall to put the finishing touches on our exterior refresh. They matched the color of our door perfectly to paint the trim. They were fast, friendly, professional and, best of all, the house looks great.

Description of Work
Trim painting

Work Completed On 10/07/2019

Thanks for having us!

04/18/2020

j C.

Was done quickly and turned out very well. Was quickly responsive to some tough up details. Took away large amount left over paint to use on another job.

Description of Work
Kitchen cabinets and walls painted

Category deck cleaning, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/10/2020

01/19/2020

Courtney C.

Shane and Severin did a great job! There was some damage to our wall and ceiling that we were unaware of and they did a great job patching it. The painting looks beautiful. Shane was very prompt in giving us a bid and was very easy to work with, even as I changed my mind about colors! This was the second time we hired them, and I would hire them again in the future.

Description of Work
Painted ceiling, walls and trim in bathroom and bedroom. Also required patching.

Work Completed On 01/03/2020

09/24/2019

Mehmet B.

Monarch Painting was absolutely phenomenal, and was absolutely wonderful to work with. We own a duplex and needed to repaint the exterior: everything from stone foundation, to wood trim, to stucco exterior walls, to our soffits and fascia for our roof, plus our doors, including our garage door. We live out of state now but were completely taken care of by Shane and Sev at Monarch. They were able to meet with us when we were in town and made sure we understood the whole process. Specific to owning a rental property, they proactively reached out to our neighbors and tenants, treating everyone with professionalism, and courtesy. The work also speaks for itself in its quality. They are EPA certified in lead paint mitigation and run a safe, highly professional worksite. We feel extremely lucky to have worked with them and would highly, and enthusiastically recommend them to anyone looking to have a professional painter work on their property.

Description of Work
Exterior painting for entire property

Work Completed On 06/03/2019

09/14/2019

Joan H.

The two painters did an excellent job, and much more quickly than I anticipated. They were very easy to work with. Of three price quotes, Monarch was in the middle. It did take several weeks to schedule the job, since they were focusing on outdoor jobs while the fall weather held.

Description of Work
Painted kitchen, dining area, back hall.

Work Completed On 11/13/2019

08/13/2019

Kathleen W.

Shane was great!. He came out and gave us a bid right away and was able to start our job ahead of schedule. I can't say enough good things about his crew; they were polite, professional and just really nice folks. I wouldn't hesitate to hire again.

Description of Work
Indoor cabinet and outdoor trim painting

Category house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/07/2019

04/19/2019

Bonnie & Tim B.

Very well. They finished ahead of schedule and did a beautiful job. The stair railing in particular required detail oriented work. The owner was frequently present working on site. It was easy to communicate our needs and we felt listened to and respected. We had multiple bids for this project and while not the cheapest bid the Monarch bid was several thousand dollars less than the highest bid. I would use them again and highly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Popcorn ceilings removed, stripped wallpaper, walls and ceilings painted. Included high ceiling work and stair railing painted. Living room, dining room, halls and stairwell.

Category drywall, wallpaper removal, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/09/2019

11/09/2018

Kathryn B.

Very well! We contacted Shane in July. Then we asked him to wait for an insurance settlement and a new roof. Shane was patient, and when we were finally able to proceed in mid-October, he was at our house within the week. Shane, Sev and Elena were friendly and communicative. They did a fast, professional job with very little disturbance and no clean-up on our part. This is the 2nd time we have used Monarch Painting, and we will do so again in the future.

Description of Work
We needed the 2nd and 3rd floor exterior woodwork painted on our Victorian Home. We painted the 1st floor.

Work Completed On 10/20/2018

09/14/2018

Debora G.

Did not respond in any way to my inquiry

Description of Work
Exterior Painting

Work Completed On 09/14/2018

I'm sorry I must have missed your call. My apologies

06/28/2018

Paul J.

We feel lucky to have found Shane and Monarch Painting. Shane and his crew were friendly, responsive, professional, and very easy to work with. They did a great job, answering any questions we had and dealing with any concerns that came up. We were hosting a graduation party, and they went out of their way to finish the job before that, even though their schedule was tight because of rain, etc. It’s nice to feel that your house is in good hands.

Description of Work
Home Exterior

Category pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 06/27/2018

10/31/2017

Jennifer B.

I have honestly never seen one spot or area that I wish had been done differently. He has done dark paint, light paint, extensive trim work -- and I've always been happy! They have been efficient, polite, and easy to work with. The exterior of our house looks so good now -- maybe it sounds dumb -- but it just makes me happy every time I come home! I'm SO glad we got the work done!

Description of Work
I have now hired Shane and Monarch painting to do 5 different interior rooms, and the exterior of our house as well.

Work Completed On 10/31/2017

10/31/2017

COLEY M.

Great! Nice when a contractor shows up when he says, does what he says and finishes on time. Would use them again... WILL use them again!

Description of Work
Trim work, Painting of 5 rooms and large hallway, plus exterior patio and doors.

Work Completed On 10/31/2017

04/25/2017

Erica W.

Shane was honest about the time it would take, and the cost. His estimate was in the same ball park as other estimates, but I knew from working with him before that he would do an exceptional job, which he did. The best part about working with Shane and Monarch is that over the course of the project he was always available to communicate and flexible with my needs. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Description of Work
Four years ago I hired Monarch to perform a bit of exterior painting on my home. They were so easy to work with, and the quality of their work was so exceptional, I hired them again. I had moved out of state and had been renting my house. I was ready to put my house up for sale and the tenants had not taken care of the home. I needed trim, crown molding, walls, doors, built-ins, kitchen cabinets, and ceilings re-painted on all three floors.

Work Completed On 04/25/2017

03/02/2017

Derrick G.

They were professional. They answered the phone. They came up with solutions to figure out the problem. I ended up just doing it myself.

Description of Work
They gave me an estimate for exterior trim painting.

12/12/2016

Vienna C.

Great! They were efficient, professional, and their was no mess or bad paint smell after.

Description of Work
Painted 2 bedrooms, several coats in just one trip in a matter of hours. The used VOC paint which was great for our nursery.

Work Completed On 12/12/2016

12/21/2015

Ted N.

Shane got right back to us to set a time for an estimate. The estimate was very reasonable, and he stuck to it exactly for the final bill. The work is beautiful. We'll definitely be contacting him again if we have other painting in the future.

Description of Work
Repainted the walls and ceiling of our living room, and the walls, trim, and ceiling of a stairway and upstairs hallway.

Category drywall, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/08/2015

12/07/2015

JULIE D.

I used Monarch to paint my previous townhouse interior before I sold it earlier this year. Shane and his crew did a great job on that house, so after I moved to my new one, I contacted Shane about my new house. It had very dated wall paper on almost every wall. I hired Monarch to remove all of that wall paper, repair any walls that needed fixing after the wall paper came down, and then paint the house. Once again, Shane and his crew did not disappoint me. They worked hard and did a fantastic job. I think the job was bigger than they were ancticipating because some of that wall paper did not easily come off, and it left some of the walls in bad shape and in need for repair. They got the job done, and the painting is beautiful. They also made it effortless for me. I thought the fees charged were more than fair. I would not hesitate to hire Monarch again, and I highly recommend them. You will not be disappointed with their service!

Description of Work
Removed wall paper, repaired and patched walls, and painted entire interior of my townhouse

Category drywall, wallpaper removal, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/02/2015

03/18/2015

MARK C.

Provider did a very nice job. He also patched and painted a bathroom ceiling that had large hole in it. It took about a day and half.

Description of Work
Provider painted all interior walls of my lower level duplex.

Category drywall, house painters, interior painters