Modern Roadways Co Asphalt

Founded 1953 • With Angi since June 2005

6060 Hillsboro Ave N

Minneapolis, MN 55428

We are a small family owned business based in Minneapolis, Minnesota since 1953. We also just received an award from the Better Business Bureau for 40 years with an A+ rating. We do all types of asphalt maintenance from patching and sealcoating too full replacement. We would like to bring our expertise to work for you. - Edgar Smith....

driveway pavers (28)concrete driveways (3)

06/12/2020

Wonderful service with beautiful result at half the price it would cost.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chip seal of asphalt driveway

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/12/2020

08/31/2018

The work went well. The crew did a good job, and while they worked, two (maybe three) neighbors stopped to arrange for theirs to be done as well. I had done all edging and weed pulling to assure they wouldn't be slowed down. They completed the work in about an hour. They applied some type of emulsion material with squeegees, put a yellow guard strip across the driveway, cleaned up and left. We can...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Driveway sealcoating

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/31/2018

06/28/2016

The crew that arrived to remove the old asphalt was hard working, all business and very polite. They had several trucks, a Bobcat, and removed all the old asphalt. They also dug down to remove the spongy clay that would prevent a good application of new asphalt, and added solid fill.  They then returned on another occasion, when dry weather permitted, to put down the new asphalt. The crew trimmed ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Modern Roadways removed the old asphalt, removed the clay beneath it, added fill, and put down new asphalt.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/24/2016

04/07/2015

Went very well given unavoidable delay due to inclement weather, nothing they controlled. Just a reminder if you are looking for a complete by date, factor weather.  The work site was very clean and the remainder of the property unaffected by their work..

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Remove old driveway and apron, reinstalled driveway apron and asphalt driveway

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/20/2014

05/14/2014

The original work was done well and in a timely manner.  It is the follow up that I am having trouble with.  Two months after the driveway was completed, my daughter parked on the driveway and her wheel sunk into the asphalt.  I called twice to have them fill the hollow spot before winter.  They said they would come but never did.  I called last week to have them come and fill the indent which I b...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced driveway and concrete apron.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/01/2013

04/29/2013

Bid was the lowest, salesperson down to earth and convincing, especially considering good Angie's List record.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Modern Roadways put in a small asphalt driveway.  Salesperson was knowledgeable and pleasant, crew on time and professional.  Driveway holding up fine so far.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/07/2012

12/14/2012

Exellent company.  You worry when you realize there's going to be a person spraying hot asphalt with a wand. But nothing was masked off and the operator put the hot liquid asphalt down very precisely.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They dug out and re-did my asphalt 2-stall garage apron and then did a hot chip seal over my entire driveway with a grey granite chip.  It looks great and is holding up well.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/19/2011

07/31/2012

It went nowhere right out of the gate.  The company never responded to my two requests for a quote.  I'd probably use them if they were responsive and if their pricing is competitive. Update:  I finally got someone on the phone, and they are supposed to come give me a quote.  Ratings updated until I receive a quote.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They never responded to two separate quote requests for some work on my sloped driveway.  However, I did finally get someone on the phone, so we'll see what happens.  Rating has been upgraded.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/24/2012

09/21/2011

Modern Roadways responded immediately to my request for an estimate for the work to be completed.  The estimate arrived in the mail on or near the day promised and the work began shortly thereafter.  The crew that installed the driveway addition was very professional and meticulous in laying the asphalt.  The workmanship and attention to detail was outstanding.  After the work was completed, the o...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Added additional driveway space to the driveway to make parking and turning safer for entry into the main roadway.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/26/2011

07/18/2011

I researched, and researched 15 companies to get my driveway done right.  Modern Roadways came in with the lowest bid (significantly less!) and, I believe, gave me the best possible product.  DO NOT get your driveway done without including these guys in the bidding process.  You may be amazed.  I am 100% satisfied and have shared their name with many, many people,  They use a very large machine to...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They tore out my old driveway (4 layers!), added lots of crushed limestone and installed new asphalt.    They also extended my driveway considerably on the sides.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/01/2011

Patching, replacing, repairing & hot chip seal coating.