Minneapolis & Suburban Sewer & Water Inc

Founded 1982 • With Angi since September 2007

Residential and small commercial sewer and water repairs, replacement, trench less sewer lining and new residential sewer & water installation. Additional contact name - Mark Koyhtya. Super Service Award Winner for 2015.

2022 Super Service Award

plumbers (59)sewer cleaning (40)drain pipe installation (23)excavating (19)drain cleaning (14)well & water pump repair (2)

Pat F.

Suburban is our go-to for any water main or sewer line work. This is a family business you can trust to get it done.

Description of Work
Sewer Repair, Sewer Liner and Water Main

Work Completed On 10/15/2021

Bradley B.

Crew did a great job. They are very communicative and professional.

Description of Work
Sewer Repair

Work Completed On 02/04/2022

Scott J.

It went very well. They were prompt, courteous, and did a very good job. They also took the time to explain the work that needed to be done. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone needing sewer work.

Description of Work
Sewer Repair

Category excavators, plumbing, drain pipe, sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 01/28/2022

Anne Marie L.

At the beginning of the new year, our 70-year-old sewer pipes collapsed; as a result, our basement flooded, and we were no longer able to send any water down our drains without it just backing up into our basement. After some quick research of sewer and drain companies online, we contacted Minneapolis & Suburban Sewer and Drain because of their very high Google rating and positive feedback. Ron was very helpful, even from the first phone call, and always maintained good communication with us throughout the whole process. Having to excavate a frozen yard in Minnesota in January is no one's idea of a good time, but Ron, Kevin, and their crew came out in some of the coldest temps to replace our broken pipes so our house could be connected to the city's sewer line again. We thought this whole project would have to be stretched out over several days because of the weather, but Minneapolis & Suburban were able to get the job done in one day, and we are so thankful to all of them for doing this for us. We were also very pleasantly surprised at how neat our yard was left after the trenches were backfilled. It is very apparent that Ron and his crew are very knowledgeable about their work, and very thorough and conscientious as well. We would highly recommend their services to anyone looking for help with their sewer and drains.

Description of Work
Sewer Repair

Work Completed On 01/20/2022

12/31/2020

Nathan L.

It went very well. Ron and company are excellent communicators. Quality work, fair price, and always willing to answer questions.

Description of Work
Replaced 12 foot sewer drain pipe, lined some existing pipe.

Category excavators, drain pipe

Work Completed On 11/18/2020

01/03/2020

Janet C.

Even though it was the worst time (over the Holiday) they came out as soon as they could and installed 20 ft of new PVC and made sure rest was secure. Couldn't have asked for a better job or company!!!! Dug up the minimum of yard, to make springtime repair easier.

Description of Work
Excavating collapsed sewer line.

Category excavators, drain pipe, sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 12/31/2019

10/31/2017

Susan S.

Kevin was great to work with from the first phone call all the way through until the buyer was satisfied with the work performed. He was responsive to each phone call, text, and email. The work was done correctly the first time and he put things back in order from the excavation. Kevin provided his expertise and was committed to staying with the project until everyone involved was satisfied. I highly recommend Minneapolis & Suburban Sewer & Water Inc.

Description of Work
Needed sewer line repair work done in a timely manner to meet closing requirements for the sale of a home. This involved repairs under the street and under the sidewalk.

Category excavators, plumbing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 10/31/2017

10/17/2017

LaRae E.

I was extremely impressed with the professionalism of Mpls Suburban Sewer and Water! Even when I offered to pay Kevin for the time he spent diagnosing the problem, he would not take any money. Kind and polite, sincere and caring service!

Description of Work
I had no idea of what kind of work I needed to have done when I found the basement shower filled with dirty water. I called a plumber who told me I needed to call someone who could work on the sewer. The City of Edina recommended Minneapolis Suburban Sewer and Water. I called them and Kevin came out within a short time. He spent about an hour going through the house, following pipes, etc until he discovered our problem was with our lift station. In the end, he diagnosed the problem--we need a new lift station but this is not their specialty. He would not take any money for all the time he spent. He also spent more of his precious time contacting other people who could do this kind of work, making sure we would be taken care of. He also was careful in referring us to people who wouldn't charge "an arm and a leg."

Category plumbing, wells, sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 10/17/2017

09/25/2017

JEANNE O.

Minneapolis and Suburban Sewer and Water's response satisfied all of my primary objectives. They provided a free video inspection of my sewer line. Ron was great! He really listened to my concerns and answered all of my questions. He even drew me a picture to help me understand how a sewer line is constructed. ( As I understood it, there are connection points along every two feet of sewer line. Each connection point has a seal that can break down with age - this is where roots can enter the line.) He then started the camera inspection and explained the things I saw on the video output. He pointed out each connection point along the line and also explained some of the other things we saw. At the end of the camera inspection he gave me his conclusion: For the age of my house (1946) my sewer line was in good shape. Cleaning the line every two years should be fine. I thanked him profusely. He really relieved the anxiety I have felt since the line was cleaned in 2016. I am so happy I got a second opinion! Another company's repair estimate was for more the $10,000.

Description of Work
My sewer line has had tree root problems for about 30 years. Annual line cleaning has been effective in keeping the line open. However in 2016 a different sewer company told me the sewer line problem had gotten worse. They broke a blade while cleaning the line. They indicated this problem should be addressed in 2017. In Sept. 2017 I requested estimates from three sewer companies to evaluate the line and propose solutions for problems found. My primary objectives were to: 1) identify the condition of my sewer line, 2) obtain cost estimates to repair it, and 3) to understand how the repair work would impact my house and landscaping.

Category excavators, plumbing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 09/19/2017

05/15/2017

Kathy A.

Seamless. Kevin, Ron and crew are real pros.

Description of Work
Waterline: replaced. Sewer Line: root removal and installation of Perma-Liner.

Work Completed On 05/12/2017

04/01/2017

Jeffrey H.

Fine, on time, explained everything before and showed me what needed to be done through camera.

Description of Work
Main drain replacement and 30 foot sleeve.

Category plumbing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 03/20/2017

03/13/2017

Erin E.

Company went the extra step to contact the city water department (they are involved in this process and obtain bids from multiple companies) to let them know that I would be hiring them. They were able to fit me in quickly (spoke on Monday, they repaired on Friday). Their bid was $3500 compared to another local highly recommended company who bid $5000. Workers completed the job in one day despite some issues with mis-marked utilities. They were very pleasant and were happy to answer my questions.

Description of Work
Ran new pipe from city water main to boulevard, installed new connection box in boulevard between new pipe from water main and old pipe to house.

Work Completed On 09/16/2016

09/01/2016

Aaron G.

This company is filled with true professionals. Ron and Kevin were great to work with, have great communication skills and delivered on everything that was promised and ahead of time. The crew doing the work was excellent and took extra steps to make sure the property had the least amount of impact from the work being done. After several bids for this work, including a false start from a company that simply low-bid me from the start, I’m so happy this work was done with Minneapolis & Suburban Sewer & Water. Save yourself the headaches and get it done right with these guys!

Description of Work
Water supply line replacement, street main to the house

Work Completed On 08/24/2016

04/08/2016

Jessica P.

I cannot say enough good things about these guys. Yes, having sewer repairs done is never fun but with these guys you can trust that you are getting a fair price and the best repair. I had another company quote me 12k to just replace a 5' section of pipe, these guys lined the whole pipe (guaranteed for 50 years!) for less than half. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Description of Work
Repaired a broken pipe that was located under the street by digging into the blvd and putting a liner in from there all the way to the city's main line.

Work Completed On 04/07/2016

03/17/2016

Chelsey V.

I would highly recommend Minneapolis & Suburban Sewer and Water! They did a great job installing new sewer pipes for us in two places and also lining 23 additional feet of our sewer line. We had a difficult job in that our pipe was crumbling right at the street curb and Kevin and Ron worked hard to figure out a solution to install the new line without having to cut into the street, thus saving us time and money. Their prices are reasonable and they are great to work with and very thorough in explaining the work that needs to be done.

Description of Work
They installed a few feet of new sewer pipe and also installed 23 feet of liner.

Work Completed On 03/09/2016

10/29/2015

Tom G.

They were amazing, worth the wait if they are busy. They are in high demand for a reason, you cannot go wrong. We could have spent $10-$15k on this repair without knowing any better. They were professional and very reasonably priced.

Description of Work
Ran a new copper water supply line from my basement, 100 feet to the water valve. The whole installation was 10 feet underground.

Work Completed On 07/31/2015

10/26/2015

Brad S.

I had a difficult situation in which the main sewer line passed under an existing 3-season porch and the front yard was on a hill with a short 3ft. retaining wall. The clay tile had bellied and collapse under the front yard and there was a vee shaped split just outside the foundation under the porch. All in all, it was a bear to access! Several contractors didn't have an answer to how to fix it of they wanted to dig it all up for 2 times the cost! They proposed a creative solution to slip fit PVC back through the existing clay tile under the porch. It worked perfectly and saved me money! Now I have a new sewer line to the street so I can rest easy. My only complaint was that their fill job settled shortly after and the sod they laid was dead before it was put down. I never went back to them about it, because I was planning to relandscape anyway. Just know they are great sewer guys, but not great landscapers.

Description of Work
Replaced a significant portion of the main sewer line from the house to the street.

Work Completed On 09/15/2014

10/05/2015

Adriane W.

I would HIGHLY recommend Kevin and his team. They were responsive and professional from our initial contact through to completion. Their prices were fair and they explained everything in detail.

Description of Work
Provided repair of sewer lines during street project

Work Completed On 05/15/2015

10/01/2015

Heather M.

The brothers have done work for us over many years and are always friendly and professional. Recently, their business has increased due to some city contracts which makes them less available than in the past. But, even still, they did their best to schedule us in for the work. Since it wasn't an emergency, we were able to get the work done before there was a major problem. They work really hard to finish the project as quickly as possible.

Description of Work
Lining of sewer drain from main house to connection in middle of the street (house is 1892 in old Minneapolis neighborhood).

Work Completed On 02/03/2014

07/06/2015

Haley R.

They were great. They were on time, completed the entire job in 4 hours and stayed within the quote I was given. They did a good job of keeping me informed every step of the way and did quality work. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
They replaced a section of sewer line using 2 holes.

Work Completed On 05/18/2015

06/24/2015

tim P.

They we above and beyond what they were paid to do. They found a defect in the original installation done in 1952 and corrected the problem as good as they could. They are courteous and mindful of your house and property.

Description of Work
Repaired a sagging sewer line and lined the main sewer line.

Work Completed On 06/24/2015

03/29/2015

Debbie L.

It went great! This is the second time we have used this company and they do an excellent job, along with a great price compared to others I have used. Very friendly and they explain all they are doing. I would recommend them to everyone and already have passed their business card on to a couple friends.

Description of Work
They cleaned out main sewer line to the street.

Work Completed On 03/19/2015

01/26/2015

Julie M.

They are a top notch company - excellent communicators, went above and beyond to get the situation fixed, and spent time really understanding the situation. One company just did a drive by and gave me an estimate over the phone (never came into my house), another company came into my house and said 90% of the problems are this (that was only half of my problem), but Ron and his crew really spent time understanding what was wrong. They communicated each step and kept me updated - I have already recommended them to others and will hire them again - without a doubt!

Description of Work
They replaced a section of the sewer pipe that was in the middle of the street/had to excavate underneath to replace the pipe.

Work Completed On 01/15/2015

12/17/2014

Haley R.

They were great. They were responsive right from the start and were able to schedule the work for the next week. I had verbal quotes from 2 other sewer services, but Minneapolis & Suburban Sewer was the first company to follow through with a written quote. I am so happy we went with them. Ron arrived on-time, updated me every step of the way and the crew finished the whole job in less than 5 hours. They replaced a 7 foot section of sewer line by digging 2 holes. When it was complete they provided a video of the whole line from the house to the connection with the main line. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
replaced a 7 foot section of sewer pipe