KMS FURNACE & FIREPLACE CLEANING

Founded 1993 • With Angi since July 2002

3838 DIGHT AVE

Minneapolis, MN 55406

10-15 EMPLOYEES. NO SUBS. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGES. NO SERVICE CHARGES. MAY CONTACT THROUGH EMAIL.

05/02/2019

Joe N.

Terrific - would definitely hire again - Alex Thomas was the technician. He was right on time. He was friendly and did everything we had agreed on - at the price we agreed on. Strongly recommend KMS and Alex Thomas.

Description of Work
Clean ceiling vents, clean furnace, clean air conditioner, clean dryer and vent for dryer, clean fireplace

02/13/2017

Wilma H.

The appointment went well.

Description of Work
air vent cleaning

03/03/2016

SUSAN O.

Description of Work
agent arrived on time. placed a large commercial vacuum in the basement and hooked it up to the furnace. commpressed air was used to dislodge the debris in the ducting and you could see it being sucked into the vacuum. cold return and hot ducts were both blown clean. took about an hour and cleaned everything up. I inspected the ducts with a lighted borescope to verify it clean to my satisfaction.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

05/18/2015

JUDITH J.

, due to a crimp in the ducthecked the papers on the I have used this company for both duct cleaning and dryer vent cleaning. They recommended that I have my dryer vents cleaned annually, so I recently made an appointment. When the serviceman. When he arrived, he discovered that the service had been done 10 months ago and consequently was not needed at this time. However, since I would stll have to pay for travel time, he offered to do a quick checkup. He then discovered that there was a huge crimp in the duct that caused a huge buildup of lint. A fire was just waiting to happen! Thanks to his thoughtfulness and his expertise, he saved me from a major problem.

Description of Work
He checked the duct of the dryer vent, cleaned out all the lint, and replaced the connection between the dryer duct and the wall duct.

09/24/2014

Betsy H.

Description of Work
Diagnosed furnace issue; replaced chimney liner. They were excellent in every respect.

07/24/2012

Shauna C.

Member Comments: I had used this vendor twice in the past - the first time with great results and the second with middling results. Both of these times, the tech had verrrrry carefullt covered every register in the house with magnetic sheets to prevent escape of any dust or debris.This third time, it was DISASTROUS!!! I needed a duct cleaning soon as it every time the A/C came on - I started sneezing and black (at least dark) sooty debris was coming out of the air registers. Lavonne was responsive when I called; she did get a technician scheduled for the 2nd day after I called -The tech used ONLY forced air with a large vacuum apparatus hooked up to his truck. BUT.... the technician failed to cover all the registers and when he forced air through the ducting to clean it - it blew large and small chunks of debris and particulates EVERYWHERE in the house! The walls and furniture were covered in it!I was extremely dissatisfied and called the company to discuss it. Lavonne was responsive and sympathetic and said she would send a commercial cleaning crew out to clean up the mess created.BUT THEN - the owner of the company, Ken, called and said he wanted to come look at the house.When Ken arrived, a day later, he looked around and said that because I had experienced some debris blowing before the KMS crew was there, he could not tell whether the debris now settled on everything had been caused by his crew. He also said that because I had started to clean in the interim, he could not determine what his crew "MAY HAVE CAUSED." He questioned my veracity (basically called me a liar) and took no responsibility for the mess his crew had caused. He said he would not schedule a cleaning crew.I asked for a refund and he said he would give me a partial one, but only because I was dissatisfied - as a courtesy.Three days later I received a telephone call from someone in their billing department asking me for my address so he could mail me a $50.00 refund check. I was "surprised" they did not have my address - and I was appalled at the puny amount/percentage the owner had authorised. BUT THERE IS MORE... NO REFUND CHECK EVER ARRIVED!! I called back two weeks later and was told it had been mailed. It is now almost a year later and still no refund - no call - nothing.KMS was NOT professional at all about their mistakes.DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH KMS!!Subsequently my research into air duct cleaning found that forced air alone is the least effective way to clean air ducts. You get what you pay for - $256 was an inexpensive cost for air duct cleaning a 2400sf home and I wound up spending double that amount to have the ducts recleaned well (by a different company) and considerable more to have a cleaning drew come in and literally clean the house from ceilings to floors as the white dust and chunks were on every surface as a result of their negligence.

Description of Work
Forced air airduct cleaning of a 3-storey 2400SF townhome.I had used this vendor twice in the past - the first time with great results and the second with middling results. Both of these times, the tech had verrrrry carefullt covered every register in the house with magnetic sheets to prevent escape of any dust or debris.This third time, it was DISASTROUS!!! I needed a duct cleaning soon as it every time the A/C came on - I started sneezing and black (at least dark) sooty debris was coming out of the air registers. The Lavonne was responsive when I called; she did get a technician scheduled for the 2nd day after I called -The tech used ONLY forced air with a large vacuum apparatus hooked up to his truck. BUT.... the technician failed to cover all the registers and when he forced air through the ducting to clean it - it blew large and small chunks of debris and particulates EVERYWHERE in the house! The walls and furniture were covered in it!I was extremely dissatisfied and called the company to discuss it. Lavonne was responsive and sympathetic and said she would send a commercial cleaning crew out to clean up the mess created.BUT THEN - the owner of the company, Ken, called and said he wanted to come look at the house.When Ken arrived, a day later, he looked around and said that because I had experienced some debris blowing before the KMS crew was there, he could not tell whether the debris now settled on everything had been caused by his crew. He also said that because I had started to clean in the interim, he could not determine what his crew "MAY HAVE CAUSED." He questioned my veracity (basically called me a liar) and took no responsibility for the mess his crew had caused. He said he would not schedule a cleaning crew.I asked for a refund and he said he would give me a partial one, but only because I was dissatisfied - as a courtesy.Three days later I received a telephone call from someone in their billing department asking me for my address so he could mail me a $50.00 refund check. I was "surprised" they did not have my address - and I was appalled at the puny amount/percentage the owner had authorised. BUT THERE IS MORE... NO REFUND CHECK EVER ARRIVED!! I called back two weeks later and was told it had been mailed. It is now almost a year later and still no refund - no call - nothing.KMS was NOT professional at all about their mistakes.DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH KMS!!Subsequently my research into air duct cleaning(here on Angies List included!) found that forced air alone is the least effective way to clean air ducts. You get what you pay for - $256 was an inexpensive cost for air duct cleaning a 2400sf home and I wound up spending double that amount to have the ducts recleaned well (by a different company) and considerable more to have a cleaning drew come in and literally clean the house from ceilings to floors as the white dust and chunks were on every surface as a result of their negligence.

02/10/2012

Ron J.

We wanted to have our ducts cleaned but were nervous because we haven't hired anyone to do it before and don't know anything about it. So, we referenced Angie's List, The EPA and NADCA to educate ourselves about the process and the local companies. I was able to find a consumers checklist and a FAQ from the NADCA that assisted me when calling the local companies from Angie's List. KMS was the only local company that was certified with all of the NADCA certifications, and a standing member of both NADCA and Angie's List. When I called KMS, the person who answered the phone was very friendly and professional; he answered all of my questions. He provided me a quote for the service, and actually offered to have someone out to my house that day or the next day. I scheduled the appointment, he told us what to expect, how to best prepare for the process and how long it would take. He addressed most of the questions and items on the consumer checklist / FAQ before I even had a chance to ask! On Friday, the technician Alex, showed up on time, he was clean, friendly and was prepared to work. My husband showed him where our furnace was, and as my husband was walking him downstairs, Alex was very informative about the process of what he was going to be doing. Throughout the process, he would continue to show and explain what he was doing, my husband was with him interacting during the process. They were having a good time, Alex was answering questions, making jokes and getting the job done all at the same time. Our house is over 3000sf, it took a little over 3 hours to complete, Alex worked extremely hard the entire time he was here. At the end of the job, Alex cleaned up, showed us the digital pictures, asked if we wanted the pictures in a report (we didn't need it, but it would not have cost us anything) and then he went over the bill. It was exactly the amount I was quoted on the phone! No upsell, no "additional fees", no add-on, just what I was quoted! That was nice! I will use them again, as well as recommend to all of my friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
Duct cleaning, including dryer vent and with pictures.

08/04/2011

JUDITH J.

Very well. The first service (outside dryer vents) indicated that I had some blockage, so I asked for additional cleaning. The technician was prompt and professional. He willingly agreed to let me watch the entire process and explained all aspects of it. He also had some excellent suggestions for things I could do to cut down on dirt accumulation. I will definitely use the company again.

Description of Work
Initially, our homeowners' association had contracted with KMS to clean all of the outside dryer vents we had the opportunity to contract with them individually for additional services. I had them clean both my air ducts and my interior dryer vent.

03/24/2011

john E.

The only thing I didn't like was that the guy didn't seem to be well trained. He didn't reattach my vents upstairs when he went to clean them from down below, so I had dust all over the upper part of my house. I wasn't very happy having to clean all that up, especially since I recently had back surgery. They did offer me a great deal for the next time they come out, so that was nice. The office handled it very professionally.

Description of Work
They did air duct cleaning.

04/12/2010

DIANE S.

When I checked I found a large wad of lint on the outside cap on the dryer. I did not find out whether or not he did all the work or not. I asked him clean out the dryer vents. While he was working he was on the cell phone most of the time. It was a blue tooth but not professional. The air duct cleaning left a mess. It left a residue everywhere. I would never use them again. I was very disappointed.

Description of Work
They sent a gentleman out to check the gas fireplace, dryer vent cleaning and also the furnace & air ducts cleaning.

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning

11/16/2009

Casey C.

He came in and finished the job probably in two hours, cleaned out all the air vents and air ducts because I was having allergy issues. After he cleaned everything I haven't had any allergy issues.

Description of Work
I used them for air duct cleaning.

11/06/2009

Jesse R.

Terrific experience from the first phone call I made to inquire about the services. Very professional, offered thorough explanation of services and helped me determine what I needed. Arrived on time -- in fact I was called 30 minutes before arrival with an update. The service man was friendly, respectful of my home, laid down drop cloths everywhere he was working. I would definitely hire this company again. I've already recommended them to my coworker.

Description of Work
Cleaned furnace, ducts, bathroom vents, washer/dryer vents, inspected gas fireplace.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning

07/22/2009

EMILY K J.

KMS is excellent. Ducts & furnaces are all they do. Most of their business is commercial and their experience shows. The woman who took my call was extremely professional, told me exactly what was needed due to construction & my size home, answered all my questions, and gave me a firm price which they stood by. The work was thorough and no mess was left behind.

Description of Work
We had our ducts and furnace cleaned after a basement remodel.

02/10/2009

Viktoria H.

From the initial call for service to the invoice, KMS is responsive, courteous, knowledgeable and professional-the gold standard in customer service.

Description of Work
Replaced dryer vent.

Category dryer vent cleaning

01/07/2009

BILL B.

They called and canceled the original scheduled appointment; they rescheduled for another day. When they finally arrived to do the work, they did not clean up very well at all; in fact the person who stayed home for the services had to walk around the house cleaning up after they left.

Description of Work
I chose them because they were able to come to my home within a good time frame to do air duct cleaning.

10/12/2008

Anne R.

The job itself went very well. They did a thorough job of both tasks and were friendly. They were also as non-invasive as could be expected, given the job. What happened AFTER the job really says something about the integrity of the company. When we had a problem with our furnace a few days later (something melted on the coils), I called at 7:50 am and they had someone on the way to our home before 8:00 am. It wasn't clear how the problem happened; it could have just as likely been a result of some construction work we'd done this summer, which I said when I called that morning. But it didn't matter, they came out to advise us and helped fix the problem at no additional cost (again, problem was very likely not their doing). We definitely got value for our dollar in the friendly follow-through.

Description of Work
We had air duct cleaning and dryer vent cleaning completed.

09/30/2008

Sally C.

Chris did the cleaning and was personable besides.

Description of Work
Cleaned the air ducts and the dryer vent.

Category appliance repair, air duct cleaning

04/12/2008

Tom S.

I called and Lavonne and I discussed furnace and air duct cleaning. She explained how that KMS uses rotating brushes AND a vacuum to clean furnace ducts, while another company only uses a vacuum. She answered all of my questions. The evening before my appointment, I got a call confirming. Chris, the technician, arrived on schedule and completed the work in the time-frame which Lavonne estimated. He also answered all of my questions about furnaces and duct work and made a number of helpful suggestions regarding increasing airflow and what to expect from my furnace and duct work. Because KMS does not sell furnaces, I thought I was getting good, informed advice in addition to the cleaning work.

Description of Work
Cleaning of furnace and heating ducts in 1,600 sq. ft., three level house (2 living floors, furnace in basement).

11/26/2007

REBECCA R.

The experience was a good one--the person (I forget his name) was very knowledgeable and informed us that our dryer vent was not to code and told us how to replace it.

Description of Work
KMS vacuumed out our furnace vents, dryer vents, the furnace and did a CO2 check on the furnace.

07/24/2007

MICHELLE L.

Was very happy with the work done. Chris did a great job explaining what he was doing, we walked me through the process and pointed out several things for me to follow up on later. The work took longer then expected because the ducts were very bad. Chris also did a good job cleaning up afterwards.

Description of Work
Had my ducts and furnace cleaned for the first time in a long time!

10/23/2006

ROXANNE M.

My dryer wasn't working correctly and the dryer repair company said it was a clogged dryer vent. KMS offered flat rate, which was very competitive. They were able to give me a two-hour repair window, which really impressed me. Ron from KMS arrived promptly. My dryer is on 2nd floor so dryer vents to roof, but I had no idea which vent. Ron cleaned the two most likely vents, but didn't get much out and after testing, no air was coming out of the two he cleaned. He then said that the hose may have come detached somewhere in the wall or attic and I'd probably need a general contractor to fix that. I asked if he would be willing to take a look in the attic and he said sure. He climbed up there and found that the roofers had forgotten to vent the dryer, so the hose went right up to the shingles and had no way to vent. Ron actually loosened the hose for me so that it could vent into the attic until the roofers could repair it. He went above and beyond, and I was very impressed!

Description of Work
Dryer vent cleaning.

Category dryer vent cleaning

10/29/2005

KRISTIN P.

THIS COMPANY WAS FRIENDLY, COMPETENT, AND REASONABLE IN TERMS OF PRICE RELATIVE TO OTHER BIDS. HAVING OUR DUCTS CLEANED FROM KMS MADE A MARKED IMPROVEMENT IN THE AIR QUALITY IN OUR HOUSE.

Description of Work
AIR DUCT CLEANING IN MY 1963 HOUSE WITH DUCTS THAT MAY NEVER HAVE BEEN CLEANED BEFORE.

08/02/2005

RANDALL S.

THE TECHNICIAN SPENT FIFTEEN MINUTES VACUUMING OUR CHIMNEY FROM THE INSIDE OF OUR HOUSE. HE USED A VACUUM THAT LOOKED LIKE A STANDARD HOUSEHOLD VARIETY AND NOT THE TYPE USED FOR CLEANING A CHIMNEY. HE DIDN'T BOTHER GOING ON THE ROOF OF OUR HOUSE OR EXPLAINING ANYTHING TO US ABOUT THE CHIMNEY. HE WAS SUPPOSED TO COME BACK THE NEXT DAY TO PLACE TWO CAPS ON THE TOP OF THE CHIMNEY. WE NEVER HEARD FROM HIM AGAIN. THIS IS A PRIME EXAMPLE OF WHY PEOPLE SHOULD USE ANGIE'S LIST. AT LEAST WE NEVER PAID FOR THE TERRIBLE, INCOMPETENT SERVICE WE RECEIVED FROM THIS COMPANY.

Description of Work
WE MADE AN APPOINTMENT OVER THE PHONE TO HAVE OUR CHIMNEY CLEANED AND CAPS REPLACED. THE WORK WAS STARTED, BUT NEVER FINISHED.

Category chimney sweep

03/09/2005

PAMELA G.

THE TECHNICIAN WAS ON TIME, FRIENDLY, COURTEOUS, AND EFFICIENT. KEN ALWAYS GIVES US OUTSTANDING SERVICE -- HERE AND AT OUR RENTAL PROPERTY. WE ARE ALWAYS CONFIDENT THAT KEN'S TEAM WILL GET THE JOB DONE AND GET IT DONE RIGHT.

Description of Work
WE WERE GIVEN A REMINDER CALL THE DAY BEFORE THE APPOINTMENT. THEY PERFORMED MAINTENANCE ON OUR FURNACE AND DUCT SYSTEM. THEY ALSO BLEW OUT OUR DRYER VENT.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

10/25/2003

CHINH H.

PROFESSIONAL & COURTEOUS. KEN, HE'S THE 'K' IN KMS KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING. THEY KEPT PUSHING UP THE START TIME- WHICH I'D TAKE ANY DAY OVER BEING LATE. THEY HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH ME ASKING QUESTIONS AND CHECKING THEIR WORK. TOOK THEIR SHOES OFF, WHICH IS GOOD. USED SHEETS TO COVER STAIRWAY TO FURNACE, ALSO GOOD. FAIR PRICE FOR PEAK SEASON WORK.

Description of Work
BRUSHED & VACUUMED AIR DUCTS (VENTS & AIR RETURN). CLEANED BLOWER MOTOR ON FURNACE

HVAC Doctor LLC

We guarantee to grant full service that meets all your needs by providing quality service at affordable prices! For over one decade, the HVAC Doctor has concentrated on something more important than simple brand-recognition consumer advertising. We focused on helping homeowners achieve reliable, high-quality, and affordable indoor comfort with products that continue to be designed, engineered and assembled in the U.S.A. at Refreshingly Affordable Prices. Call today for a free estimate!

Offers Coupon

Standard Heating & Air Conditioning Inc

Providing the comfort you deserve...Since 1930. Standard Heating & Air Conditioning has earned the trust of more than 500,000 homeowners in the Twin Cities. We specialize in residential indoor comfort systems, including heating, cooling, and indoor air quality. Energy Star Partner (EPA and DOE). North American Technician Excellence (NATE). A+ Better Business Bureau for over 40 years. Angie’s List Super Service Awards (since day 1). Award winning.

2022 Super Service Award

Total Comfort

We sell different. We service different. Experience the Total Comfort difference, since 1956. If you’re in need of heating and cooling services in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area, Total Comfort is a skilled, award-winning HVAC company that can solve all your needs! From AC repair to furnace replacement, HVAC maintenance, and more, we are here to provide you with trustworthy, quality, affordable HVAC services in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area, from Brooklyn Park to Eden Prairie and everywhere in between! Since 1956, we’ve been doing whatever it takes to ensure each of our customers are 100% satisfied with their heating and cooling service. As a locally owned, customer-focused company, providing honest, quality work to our neighbors in Minneapolis-St. Paul is our #1 goal. Every job we do is performed with respect and courtesy, leaving you satisfied in a more comfortable home! For unparalleled HVAC services, experience the Total Comfort difference now! For top-quality products and service from technicians with the latest industry knowledge, contact us today.

Offers Coupon

Check, Visa, MasterCard

RESIDENTIAL & COMMERICAL, FURNACE & AIR DUCT CLEANING, FIREPLACE & CHIMNEY CLEANING, DRYER VENT CLEANING, BOILER CLEANING & HVAC SYSTEM CLEANING.

FURNACE OR FIREPLACE REPAIRS.