JNJ Carpentry LLC

Founded 2006 • With Angi since August 2009

5704 Pillsbury Ave S

Minneapolis, MN 55419

Have been in business since 2006 and JNJ has over 15 years of remodeling and home repair experience. We specialize in both residential and commercial work. Does work with licensed and reputable HVAC, plumbing, electrical, siding and roofing subs- each with 20+ years experience....

01/29/2021

Joseph R.

Pocket door was quickly repaired. Would certainly hire again for any handyman services or larger projects.

Description of Work
Pocket door repair

Category doors

11/20/2019

Francesco M.

Great. Jon managed the entire project and dealt with all the insurance back and forth. He made sure everything was completed and covered by insurance after i had had frustrating calls with them. The project was a big upheaval for my family entire main level of 4 Bedroom home had to be fixed, refinished and painted etc.... The good communication and timely progress eliminated much stress in our home. It was almost a pleasure seeing him and his crew each day for a few months, but much nicer once our home was back together again looking fantastic. Thanks again - always confident to recommend you guys - terrific job!

Description of Work
Home fixed after major ice **** damage and water damage inside

Category contractors, ceramic tile, concrete repair, drywall, remodeling, roofing, water damage restoration, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling, doors

09/16/2019

Alisa G.

We have a mid-century home that had a horrendous bathroom. We hired JNJ Carpentry to do a complete demo and remodel, including framing out and finishing a new hallway to the space to connect the bathroom to the finished basement (which had previously been open, unfinished space). We have lived in the house for over a decade and this was the first large scale remodel we've done. We had put it off remodeling the bathroom for years because I didn't know how we would ever find the right contractor to provide top level detail as well as respect our beloved home. I can say without any hesitation that JNJ Carpentry was the absolute best company to work with. We had talked with a number of other contractors and found things that were "red flags" from each of them (not wanting to pull permits, no contracts, no time to answer our questions, etc.). We had none of these flags with JNJ Carpentry. Jon took the time to walk us through each step of the process, we had a detailed and agreed upon contract, pulled all permits for the job, and answered every question we had with the utmost patience with our lack of knowledge. When we picked out finishes, he would weigh in if we asked for his opinion and found him to be incredibly informative and honest with us. When we moved into the actual construction phase, he was incredible at scheduling his sub-contractors and kept us informed of the schedule of progress. He was very quick to respond to our communications and made it all very "turn key" for us. They stayed incredibly close to the timeline laid out at the initial phases of construction, only thing that slowed us down for two days was our meddlesome cat walking through the fresh concrete! Finally, and for me, the very most important piece was the actual work. I cannot stress how impeccable their work is. I am a somewhat (super) particular person and there was absolutely nothing about their work product that I found lacking. Also, it stands to mention that how they go about their work is impressive. They protected our home while working (masking off other rooms, covering carpet, sweeping and putting all tools away at the end of the day.) This is a huge thing with me, I appreciated how much they respected that this is our home and treated it so professionally. The bathroom is absolutely stunning and we could not be any happier with the result or with JNJ Carpentry. We are planning a large remodel in the coming years and they will be getting another call from us.

Description of Work
Bathroom - Complete Remodel

Category ceramic tile, concrete repair, drywall, electrician, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, doors, basement remodeling

08/20/2019

Shawn P.

It could not have gone better! Jonathan with JNJ was amazing to work with. He answered my questions quickly and the project stayed on schedule with no real surprises. The initial bid matched the final price too. Best of all, the end result looked incredible. Highly recommend JNJ Carpentry!

Description of Work
Had a house that burned completely rebuilt

Category bathtub refinishing, ceramic tile, decks, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, glass repair, gutter repair, hardwood floor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, water damage restoration, replacement windows, basement waterproofing, home builders, window treatments, woodworking, home remodeling, cabinet refacing, doors, basement remodeling

08/15/2019

Dennis L C.

Jonathan and his crew do simply outstanding work. Once the project was started, it moved along in an expeditious manor. During the work, the men paid particular attention as far as keeping the work area free from clutter, and debris.His crew are all expert craftsman, the tile, floor work, and carpentry far exceeded our expectations. I would not hesitate recommend or rehire JNJ Carpentry LLC.

Description of Work
Main bathroom remodel

08/07/2019

karen G.

I called them a month ago. They never called back

Description of Work
Remodeling - Kitchen & Bathroom

Category remodeling, home remodeling

So sorry we missed you, I checked my deleted voicemails and do not have anything from you so I am not sure what the issue might have been. Please feel free to call back or leave a message on Angie's List Message board and we would be happy to help! Jonathan

06/24/2019

Frano M.

Fantastic, he is on time, professional and he explained the process and I couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
General remodeling

Category remodeling

05/15/2017

Sherri L.

They were great, easy to work with and work through changes

Description of Work
Kitchen and bathroom

Category ceramic tile, drywall, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

04/20/2017

Arvin K.

It was great, he was a very friendly and informative guy.

Description of Work
I had a estimate done for remodel work.

06/24/2016

Patricia J.

Jonathan and his team did a great job and were wonderful to work with. They did excellent work. The install, including the finish work was great. We had a lot of different edges that needed to be finished and they handled them all well. They communicated well about when they could do the work and were there when they said they would be. We got several estimates for the work before selecting JNJ Carpentry. We decided to have them charge us hourly for the work instead of an upfront estimate. Jonathan was very open about what could impact the cost before starting the work and we ended up with a fair price. The final cost ended up lower than other estimates (which probably incorporated the worst case scenarios in the calculations). We plan to work with JNJ Carpentry again in the future.

Description of Work
They tore out an old glass tile backsplash in our kitchen and installed a new glass tile backsplash.

01/14/2016

Barb S.

Excellent finished product. We are blown away by the perfection of their work.

Description of Work
He worked on four rooms. Tore down walls, remodeled our bathroom, painted. Installed new electrical and lighting. Enlarged our bathroom.

01/09/2016

Paula W.

Jonathan and Curtis tiled my bathtub surround and floor in a small bathroom remodel project. Beautiful tile work. Many compliments.

Description of Work
bathroom remodel project.

Category bathtub refinishing, ceramic tile, flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling

12/15/2015

Jane A.

The work that they performed didn't seem to be as advertised.

Description of Work
I bought a deal for $89 for 4 hours of kitchen & bathroom caulking and grout restoration.

Category ceramic tile

07/28/2015

Lori H.

It was fine. They did what they said they were going to do.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal from JNJ Carpentry for roofing. They repaired a leak.

Category drywall, roofing

06/01/2015

Jim M.

OK. tough to complete due to some concerns with the Tile surrounding the tub. They did the best they could

Description of Work
Caulked a tub

03/04/2015

Troy B.

It was good. I did all the tile work and they finished it. They did a nice job. They worked with me on a reasonable travel fee. They showed up when they were supposed to. They also worked with me on the right colors and made sure that I liked it. They cleaned up and were very personable.

Description of Work
I purchased a deal for $89 for 4 hours of kitchen & bathroom caulking and grout restoration.

01/24/2015

Mark H.

It was satisfactory. They probably came out within a month after the deal was purchased. There were no additional charges beyond the big deal amount. They showed up on time and did the work that I asked for.

Description of Work
They replaced a few shingles on the roof.

01/13/2015

Laurie H.

I contacted this company on 12/8/14 about replacing our kitchen sink. Jonathon replied the following day that he "would be happy to stop out and discuss your project with you" and listed his upcoming availability. I responded right away and proposed a date and time to meet. Seventeen days later I got this response, "Hello, Sorry again for the delay in response, it was a busy run up to Christmas to finish our projects. As of now i do have 11/12 available at 5:30pm. Let me know if that evening would still work for you." I replied, "Yes. Monday, Jan. 12 at 5:30 pm still works for us. I will put the appointment on my calendar." I then supplied our address and my cell phone #. You guessed it! Jonathon was a no-show. I guess our project was not important enough to JNJ Carpentry to follow through. Maybe it did not come with a big enough price tag. UPDATE: Jonathon contacted me the day after I posted this review. He sincerely apologized for missing our appointment. Apparently, the date/time did not get entered into his calendar as it should have. He asked if he could still help with our sink project. I give him credit for making the effort to contact me and attempt to make amends. I agreed to give him another chance. He contacted Ian from Surfaces Group - a company that specializes in quartz, natural stone, acrylic and sustainable solid surfaces for the construction industry - to see if he could help with our project. We are not working Ian to get our sink replaced.

Description of Work
Nothing. He was a No-Show.

Category contractors, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

10/27/2014

Douglas U.

Prompt, efficient, quality work. I'd recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Removed old caulk in bathrooms, lauded new caulk, recommended care and cleaning to maintain new caulk

10/22/2014

Inessa V.

The job was performed very well, with the provider showing a clearly expert approach, professionalism and demonstrating great work ethics. Several of my neighbors commented on the high quality of the repair that was done.

Description of Work
Repaired/ replaced rotten spindles, stair treads and tread side supports for the 2nd level deck.

Category remodeling

10/03/2014

kim S.

Went very well. I was expecting that they would come out and say that they'd say that the repair would be a bigger deal than the special I bought through Angies and say that it would take more time and money but to my surprise they were able to fix th small areas of broken/missing grout and it even took less time than the couple of hours provided in the angies deal. It's been a couple of years and the repairs still hold and are indistinguishable from the original grout. Great job and I'd use them again.

Description of Work
repaired grout in my kitchen and bath.

Category ceramic tile, remodeling, home remodeling

09/02/2014

SANDRA T.

I responded to an Angie's deal. The provider replaced the grout in my tub area and around the towel hanger. I was very satisfied with the provider and the work that he did.

Description of Work
Replaced the grout in the tub area and around the towel hanger.

08/17/2014

Herbert L.

Provider did a very neat job caulking. I especially appreciated that he searched and found the leak in the floor and plugged it up.

Description of Work
Provider caulked the bathtub and plugged a leak in the floor.

Category bathtub refinishing, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

07/29/2014

KAREN K.

He came out and was very nice. I’m not really sure if he was supposed to get back with me or If I should have gotten back with him. I decided to go a different way with the bathroom. I have requested a refund instead.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for a bathroom design, 3D plans & measurements.

07/26/2014

Colleen H.

After discussing my needs with JNJ Carpentry, I was advised that the work needed would be much more extensive than I had hoped. Therefore, I have delayed my project.

Description of Work
The provider did not do any work.

Craftsmen Home Improvements Inc

Ask about Angie's list discount. Craftsmen Home Improvements, founded in 1991 is an award-winning contractor specializing in window replacement, siding, decks and roofing. Craftsmen uses the highest quality materials, backed by the longest, most extensive product warranties available. Awarded the Angie's List Super Service Award every year since 2004. (We have a 5 window minimum), (Gutters only in conjunction with roof or siding), (Attic insulation only in conjunction with a new roof.) (We do not do roof or siding repairs) Additional Phone Number: (651) 229-4045, (763) 441-5552 & (612) 861-1958. We offer James Hardie siding, and Vinyl siding, Timbertech and Azek deck material, Owens Corning and GAF shingles, Andersen Windows, Marvin Windows, Hayfield Windows, Richlin Windows, Lindsay Windows, Pella Windows.

Minneapolis & Suburban Sewer & Water Inc

Additional contact name - Mark Koyhtya. Super Service Award Winner for 2015.

Kaufman Sheet Metal & Roofing Inc

Kaufman Roofing has been in business since 1930, working in the Twin Cities and surrounding neighborhood. With the peculiar nuances affecting roofs in the Twin Cities; varying roof types (slate, tile, wood shakes, metal, & flat), harsh weather conditions, and seasonal extremes, our experience is invaluable. Our philosophy hasn't changed since we started doing roofs in Minneapolis, St. Paul, and the surrounding areas nearly a century ago.

BC632049
    Minnesota
    Minnesota: Contractors
    03/31/2024

Remodeling - kitchen & bathroom, basement, custom tile & stone, porcelain, granite, countertops, custom molding & trim, cabinets & backsplashes, room additions, recreation rooms. Siding.