Houle Insulation Inc

12/31/2021

381 118th Ave NW

Minneapolis, MN 55448

www.houleinsulation.com

For more than 30 years, Houle Insulation Inc., a Minnesota based insulation contractor, has been re-insulating homes in Minnesota just like yours. A better insulated home is more energy efficient, comfortable and quiet. It will save you money on utility bills for years to come. And, by using less energy to heat and cool your home, you reduce the negative impacts on the environment caused by energy use. Houle Insulation Inc. specializes in re-insulating existing homes; sidewalls, attics, bypass sealing and blower door testing in the state of Minnesota. Blowing cellulose insulation into your walls and floors, and sealing attic bypasses can reduce high heating and cooling bills, ice dams and drafty rooms. Some other problems homeowners are faced with are frost, mold and water damage to ceilings. The discomforts of a poorly insulated home are often wrongly blamed on furnace and air conditioning problems when the actual cause is the insulation or installation of the insulation. You could save significantly on your heating and cooling bills by having attic bypasses sealed and insulating your walls and attic to adequate levels....

insulation (354)drywall (5)home energy audit (2)stucco (2)water damage restoration (2)electrician (2)ironing (1)fireplace services (1)siding companies (1)HVAC Companies (1)

03/10/2021

Judy-Ann E.

Todd is amazing. He came to give me an estimate and found the leaky window in my basement that was causing cold air to be the problem for my kitchen sink/plumbing. He suggested I caulk myself and was so pleasant. It was totally free and they did not need to do anything. I offered to pay him for his time and expertise, he said NO. So great to have a company like this. Believe me, if I ever need some real work done, they are the people I would hire!!

Description of Work
Small area in kitchen

Work Completed On 03/10/2021

06/11/2020

Mary Jane S.

These guys are the best. My 100-year old house never had much insulation in the attic and after a problem with ice dams in 2019 I decided to get the attic insulated. Houle was on the list of CenterPoint-approved contractors. They came when they said they would, did the work quickly, explained what they had done and cleaned up. They processed my rebate application for me too. My heating bills noticeably dropped last winter, and now that it is warm my house has stayed cooler longer. This summer, I had some water damage on a bedroom ceiling and wondered if the insulation work had somehow disconnected a pump for the AC unit in the attic. Houle sent techs out the same day to check. It turned out the pump had died on its own. The two techs took the time to do their own investigation of what the problem was, and did so cheerfully. Houle stands by their work and takes customer service seriously. I am impressed.

Description of Work
Attic sealing and insulation

Category insulation,energy audit

Work Completed On 09/15/2019

09/11/2019

Mark C.

Exactly as the same as the first time I air sealed my attic in my previous house. Last year when we decided to sell our house I was inspecting my house as I would have if I was purchasing it. I noticed a small (1/4") gap between the master bathroom vent fan grill and the ceiling. I could not adjust it. Upon further inspection I realize it was because the foam that was installed when my attic was air sealed had expanded creating the 1/4" gap. I had that work done two years prior by Houle Insulation. I contacted Arne and inquired if he had any suggestions. His only suggestion was that he would correct the problem. Two days later he had two workers in my attic correcting the issue. Just like the first time, they were prompt and cleaned up after the work. I offered to pay, he would not have it. He said he should have noticed when the job was originally completed two years prior. There was no discussion or haggling, he simply said he would correct it. As impressed as I was with the lower energy bill, I was more impressed with how he and his team comported themselves. Also my house was more comfortable because the temperature was more uniform within my house. This year when we moved into our new house, built in 1992, the first thing I did was call Arne to air seal the attic. My choice of whom to hire for air sealing my attic was a no brainer, Houle Insulation. They also performed a blower door test. They also sent in all the information required for me to receive an energy rebate from my utility company. The best recommendation I can make is that when I decided to air seal our new home the first person I called was Arne. He made a wise decision to correct what needed with correcting without any questions. He did what should have been done, and therefore he got my repeat business and I was happy to give my business to him!

Description of Work
Air sealing my attic

Work Completed On 03/12/2019

09/11/2019

bl L.

Professional work. Responsive to questions. Respectful preparation of the space into attic. Excellent cleanup. $500 center point rebate from price below.

Description of Work
Insulated attic.

Work Completed On 12/31/2018

03/06/2019

LISA R.

I can't really speak to the quality of the work yet - I haven't really noticed a difference. They guys who did the work were perfectly nice. I used this company because they were on the approved list for the insulation rebate. They were the most expensive quote I received, but with the rebate, I made it work. It took a long time to get the work scheduled, I took the day off work when the date came - it was confirmed (twice) then cancelled, day of (for bad weather that was in the forecast). Needless to day I was really upset. When the bill came, I asked for the credit card charges (yes, they do that) to be waived for the cost & inconvenience the cancelled appointment cost me, but was denied.

Description of Work
upgraded attic insulation

08/07/2018

Judy K.

They explained what they would do and how they would do it. They were very professional. Taped off the area they were working in so whole room didn't get insulation and dust all over. They were done before I expected it and cleaned up everything . Would use again and would recommend them to others.

Description of Work
adding insulation to the attic and putting in ventilation

Work Completed On 07/23/2018

07/30/2018

KAREN S.

After a snafu where roofers covered over our bathroom vents we needed to be sure that issue was fixed as well and upgrade our attic insulation. Todd's consultation was very educational . He gave rationales for all of his suggestions. It did take a long time to get the work done. We had the proposal done Mid March and work was not done until end of May ( NOT related to our availability) . They cleaned up well afterwards. Of course we will not know the full impact of the upgrade until next winter when we can see if ice dams recur .

Description of Work
attic insulation

Work Completed On 05/31/2018

07/26/2018

Eric S.

I want to thank Arne and his crew from Houle Insulation Inc for the fantastic job they did on the removal and installation of insulation in my attic and basement rim joists. First off I got bids from at least 6 different vendors and all of those were rated high and were Xcel certified for rebates. One of them (I won’t name, but they specialize in “green” foam insulation) didn’t even inspect the attic area and just wrote down 2 prices, on company letterhead, one of the attic, and one for the basement rim joists for a whopping $9200 and said if I agreed right then, he’d knock off $1000. The other 5 were MUCH better and had similar quotes for the work to be done. Arne was by far the best one I had dealt with, and gave the most informative feedback on the work that needed to be done. Houle’s quote wasn’t the lowest, but after going over the other 2 that were in contention, Houle’s was the best. It took a few weeks to get on the schedule, but the day of the project they were here promptly and got right to work. I had insulation removed so a dumpster was delivered the day before and boy, did they need that. All insulation was removed from attic and basement rim joists. They took the time in advance to put down drop cloths and plastics to keep my home as clean as possible given the messiness of the job. The insulatanin and old chutes were removed, new larger and more in quantity were installed. The attic decking was air sealed and cellulose was blown in to get my R-value to 60. In basement the “pink” fiberglass was removed and it was foam sealed to R21. The previous insulation was “good” but I can’t believe how noticeable it has already been. During the last heat spell, the upstairs just radiated and maintained the heat so cooling naturally or with AC was a challenge and the temps on main level would be 5+degrees different. After Houle’s work, the upstairs no longer gets as hot and the temps are balanced and with AC on I can get the temps even to a degree, and it stays that way, don’t need to run the AC as often. I can’t wait to see how it will be when I have to run the furnace. In closing, there are at least 2 other companies in the Metro that I would consider to insulate my home, and even those 2 spoke highly of Houle Insulation Inc, and you will too if you need their service.

Description of Work
Old insulation removed and new installed. Air seal the attic and the basement rim joists

Work Completed On 07/26/2018

Review for Houle Insulation Inc - 381 118th Ave NW, Minneapolis, MN - 37271514

04/06/2018

Amanda S.

Everyone we met was very kind and since there was a mixup with the utility company, Arne even came back a second time to conduct a blowdoor test. We really appreciated their understanding and professionalism!

Description of Work
Attic Insulation

Work Completed On 03/29/2018

03/13/2018

Brad R.

Great, Todd made some excellent suggestions at no cost to us.

Description of Work
Todd from Houle inspected our attic insulation and mechanicals suggesting several in-expensive DIY items I could perform myself to eliminate our moisture problem in the attic.

Work Completed On 03/12/2018

Insulation installation & removal.

blown fiberglass insulation