Happy Place Interiors

Founded 2015 • With Angi since May 2016

Park Avenue

Minneapolis, MN 55417

We are socially-conscious home staging and interior decorating company in Minneapolis, MN. ___________________________________________________________________________ We transform spaces into happy places. Whether it's waking up in a home you fully love or selling your house for top dollar, Happy Place Interiors is ready to help bring a smile to your face. And to spread the joy, we donate 10% of profits to Minnesota charities that help people find, fix or furnish homes. ___________________________________________________________________________ SERVICES INCLUDE: (Decorating) • Interior Design Consultations • Paint & Color Consultations • One Day Decorating • Move In Decorating (Staging) • Home Staging Consultations • Hands On Staging (We do not offer vacant staging) ___________________________________________________________________________ Melanie Zaelich is an award-winning, Certified Home Stager & Redesigner and True Colour Expert. She is a current RESA (Real Estate Staging Association) member and past Minneapolis Chapter President....

02/20/2021

Carlye P.

Wonderfully! We HIGHLY recommend Melanie! We had just moved into our first home, and didn't have a lot to work with and weren't sure what to expect. Gratefully Melanie did an amazing job helping us identify easy & affordable quick fixes to make our home more beautiful. She also shared helpful insight into DIY projects we could take on, her experiences, and projects we could wait and think on. We loved her insights into setting a color scheme based on what we already had, and how to best mesh different styles with our home. We will likely use her services again, and can't say enough good things about her support!

Description of Work
Interior design inspiration

Category interior designers

Thank you so much! You two were such a delight to work with and have an amazing home. I am so happy that you had me come out to help you start to be able to see the possibilities! Keep me posted!

11/20/2020

Elikem T.

Melanie is incredible. She came by our house to give us a consultation for our living room and dining room. She came prepared with wonderful ideas, and was able to answer all of our questions. Melanie takes into account your lifestyle, and is able to give you great options for design that won't change your day to day activities. On top of that, she's so fun and we had a great time working with her.

Description of Work
Interior Design Consultation

Category interior designers,home & garage organization

Thank you so much for your kind words! I really enjoy meeting you too and I had fun too! Your home is going to be so beautiful and cozy, I'm excited for you!

09/23/2020

John P.

Awesome!!! We followed Melanie’s suggestions in updating our higher end home to prepare for a sale. Our home is lovely but was dated and we needed guidance.... Melanie knew exactly what a younger buyer would look for in purchasing! We sold in a week! Thanks to Melanie’s expertise!!!!

Description of Work
Updating to sell our home

Category interior designers

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed]! I really appreciate your trust with my recommendations. You executed the vision perfectly and it showed! Obviously, it sold so quickly! Congratulations!

09/17/2020

Linda M.

Melanie is excellent at what she does! We hired her for a 2-hour design consult for the main level of our home. She sent us a survey to fill out beforehand asking about our color preferences, style, etc. so she knew a bit about our interests before she came. Then she used the time to not only introduce us to design tips in general, but to give us specifics on colors, patterns, items to consider, and more. Melanie also answered all of our questions and is available for many follow-up options, from 10 minutes of consulting to a full shopping trip and install. We're really happy with what she did for us!

Description of Work
Design Consult

Category interior designers,home staging

Thank you so much! It was a pure joy to meet you both and help you with your beautiful home. I can just see it all come together. Please keep me posted!

09/14/2020

Mary U.

Melanie is great to work with! She took the time to understand my style and help me to see how I could make changes in my home that would make me feel proud and comfortable to live there. She not only came up with some out-of-the-box ideas but also didn't make me feel overwhelmed by the amount of work to be done. Would highly recommend!

Description of Work
Interior Design

Category interior designers,home staging

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed]! I'm so happy that you had me out to help you with your new home. I love the color and style choices we discussed and how they will add all the character and style you love. It's going to be just gorgeous! Keep me posted!

02/26/2020

mary jo S.

I’m a left brained person. A handy woman at heart without a sense of color. My desire was to update my tired, worn out traditional home to be more contemporary. But I needed a plan. A strategy that I could execute. If someone would just come with fresh eyes and tell me what works and what doesn’t. Most of all, what colors should I go with, for the most impact, least expensive thing possible…. Paint. Melanie from Happy Places did just that. Not only did she leave me with a map that I could follow, laying out specifically what color to paint where. She also gave me a list of online stores that compete with my beloved (and expensive) favorite ‘Room and Board’. I can’t wait to get started and thanks to Melanie have the confidence to make it happen. I truly recommend Happy Places if needing advice or having trouble taking the first step.

Description of Work
Consultation - helped create vision

Category interior designers

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed]! It was such pleasure to meet you and help you design a plan to update your home. It's going to be beautiful. Please keep me posted on your progress!

01/23/2020

Sarah W.

I hosted a "Wine and Design" event with Melanie and had so much fun. I invited 4 friends, my 2 daughters, and my husband. Melanie quickly showed us how I could make my dining room appear bigger, simply by turning the table. She also helped me with some pointers on easy tricks to open up the space in my bedroom. Lastly, the design project was focused on my basement. Melanie taught us all by rearranging my existing furniture and adding a few decorative pieces, it changed the entire mood of the room and made it way more functional, inviting, and cozy. My friends all benefited from Melanie's help as well. Everyone brought a picture of a troubled area/room of their homes. Melanie gave them each helpful advice on how to change the space. Melanie also gave a talk on current style trends and a quick tutorial on choosing paint. We were about to start a major home remodel and her paint advice was so helpful throughout the entire process of the remodel. My home now feels more congruent and it flows. I cannot say enough about Melanie's expertise. My two daughters constantly quote what they learned from Melanie when it comes to the design of our home. Melanie brings a warmth, fun, and an expert eye for making your home the best version of itself. I loved that I did not feel pressure of needing to purchase new furniture for my home and that she used the pieces we had to make it better. I loved my time with Melanie and highly recommend her.

Description of Work
Wine and Design Party

Category interior designers,home & garage organization,home staging

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! The party was fabulous and I just LOVE that your daughters keep referencing me. How sweet.

01/22/2020

MARILYN H.

We are a couple beyond being empty nesters. We were in dire need of professional direction to assist us in updating our home. We were a bit reluctant to hire an interior designer as the interior designers we had experienced years earlier, were not necessarily warm and friendly and suggested unrealistic, expensive ideas. In searching online, we had the good fortune to find Melanie of Happyplaceinteriors.com! We reached out to her through her website and she quickly responded. After explaining what we thought to be our immediate needs, she clearly stated her fees. We were happy to be able to set a date for her to come to our home in a timely fashion. She arrived promptly, even texting her ETA! We were delighted to discover Melanie was warm, friendly, and accommodating. More importantly, she educated us as to what she was doing and why, so that in the future we could apply some of her expertise on our own. This was extremely helpful! She also suggested small changes such as moving items around our home that we already owned, rather than discarding and purchasing all new items which had been our previous experience with other designers. Very cost effective! She stayed at our home for the allotted time. She was also willing to return as we found we wanted her assistance with other areas we did not initially discuss with her. We had many guests over this past holiday season. It was the first time we felt like our home was truly warm, inviting, and holiday-ready! We had many positive comments, such as “Wow, this is magazine worthy! What have you done with your home?!” “Wow, it looks so different! This is blowing me away!” (This last comment was from our son-in-law with an art background, so this was especially meaningful.) While it’s nice to have awesome comments from others, more important is that my husband and I find our home now to be much warmer and cozier for us! We’ve always liked our home, but now we LOVE our home! We will only use Melanie for our future projects. We don’t hesitate to give her the highest possible rating in all aspects! Mary & Roy

Description of Work
Updating the look of our home - interior.

Category interior designers

Thank you so much for your kind words [Member Name Removed]! I just loved helping you you guys refresh your home with your beautiful photos and artwork. I hope you enjoy many holidays in your "new" space!

01/15/2020

Andrea M.

Melanie was a pleasure to work with. Very responsive to emails prior to our appt, on time and prepared, and delivered exactly what we were looking for.

Description of Work
Interior design

Category interior designers

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! It was my pleasure to work with you and help provide a great birthday gift for your daughter.

09/06/2019

Tracy D.

I am thrilled with the service received from Melanie at Happy Place Interiors. She came to talk to us about staging for a sale but after hearing our story about the reason for our wanting to buy a different home, she thought that with a few of her decorating tricks and a bit of light remodeling we'd actually come like our home and want to live there. Her confidence gave us confidence and we decided to reconsider selling. We followed every piece of advice she gave us, and let her work her magic. WE LOVE OUR HOME NOW! Everyone says, "WOW!! This looks like a home out of a magazine." And I say it too; every time I come home. Melanie and Happy Place Interiors are simply amazing!

Description of Work
Complete Interior Remodeling and Re-decorationg

Category interior designers

Thank you [Member Name Removed]!! It was just a wonderful experience working with you to design a space you LOVE — it's is so you. I really appreciate your trust in me to help you through the process. I just love that you love your home — ESPECIALLY now during Covid — it's just more important than ever.

Closets For Life

Closets For Life, a custom organization company based in Apple Valley, Minnesota, works with residential clients as well as designers, builders and architects to create innovative storage solutions for all organizational needs including closets, offices, garages, kitchens, laundry rooms, wine cellars, Murphy beds and more. What makes Closets For Life different than the others? We listen. We pride ourselves on the ability to listen to the client and determine their specific needs. We understand that each part of your home has unique organizational requirements.

Offers by Closets For Life on Angi
    Think Organized

Are you overwhelmed with clutter and frustrated when you can't find things? Struggling to manage the home and possessions of a deceased loved one? Do you find it hard to balance daily demands while preparing for a major life transition? If you answered yes to one of these questions, I can help! My name is Christine Daves and I am a Certified Professional Organizer (CPO). I work in high clutter areas like basements, attics, closets and can manage complete home clean-outs and relocations. You can enjoy the freedom of a prioritized and organized life! Contact me to discuss how we can make your organizational challenges disappear. *I usually book 8 - 12 weeks out. *I do not install closet or garage storage systems.

DESIGN Q & A

Design Q&A provides independent Interior and Exterior Remodeling design to help clients redesign their homes with good taste & objective advice affordably. Our clients choose the level of service they need from a 2 hour in-home design consultation to full color 3D remodeling plans showing them and contractors what their project will look like upon completion. Call 612.600.1681 for a quote today!

Check, Visa, MasterCard, PayPal

Home staging, home redesign and interior decorating, home organization.