Granite Specialists LLC

Founded 2006 • With Angi since April 2009

9100 10th Ave N Suite 200

Minneapolis, MN 55427

We Fabricate and Install natural stone and quartz slabs for : Kitchen Top , Vanity , FirePlace ,Tub & Shower ,Bar Tops And More......

04/12/2021

Morgan C.

I recently purchased a granite countertop from Granite Specialists for a bathroom vanity, and I'm thrilled with how it turned out! For my space, I needed a custom countertop without a sink cut out. Granite Specialists had a nice selection of granite, quartz, and marble remnants to choose from. It was very easy to make an appointment, and a quick turnaround from there. Overall great service, thanks Eyal! I highly recommend Granite Specialists, and would definitely go to them again!

Description of Work
Granite countertop install

02/03/2017

Matt H.

Did a great job removing the existing countertops and installed our new one. Would recommend.

Description of Work
Kitchen Countertop installation

01/29/2016

Robert J.

Category countertops

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. I apologize if there were any issues you may have had that were not addressed. If there's something we can help you with, please feel free to contact us and we would be more than happy to make sure you're experience with us is a positive one. Our office number is 763-417-0040 Again, it was a pleasure working with you and I hope that if there's something we can do to make you're experience better, you will contact us so we can help. Thank you, and have a wonderful day!

11/17/2015

Rodney H.

Our kitchen contractor (Richard at West End Kitchen) recommended Granite Specialists. We're very happy he did. We had a budget we were working with and we originally thinking we'd get granite countertops. They set us up with several granite dealers to pick out our slab. But we couldn't find a light color we liked. Turned out that Granite Specialists also is a dealer for Hanstone Quartz Countertops, a Korean company with a factory in Canada. We had researched Hanstone and they use the high-end Breton machinery that is essential to making great quartz countertops. Hanstone had a light (almost pure white) color we wanted, and it fit our budget, so we got that. Granite Specialists measured, fabricated and installed the countertops. We had a few complicated cuts (in my mind) and this did a beautiful job. Everything fits perfectly and looks amazing. Eyal, the owner, is who we dealt with (he didn't do the install). He's a great guy who's very professional and helpful. His daughter works there too and was great to work with too. Overall, they are highly recommended by me.

Description of Work
Fabricated and installed Hanstone quartz countertops.

Category countertops, marble & granite

We appreciate you taking the time to give us such kind words. We are very pleased to hear that you are happy with our work. We hope that if you ever need any Granite/Natural Stone material you will come to us. It was so nice working with you and we hope you will enjoy your new kitchen for many years to come!

04/23/2015

Mollie K.

04/20/2015

Debra C.

Could not be more pleased with the work performed by Granite Specialists. I am an architectural designer. Granite Specialists have fabricated and installed quartz and stone counters for many of my clients and in my own home. They have provided creative solutions for some tricky installations and are extremely pleasant, professional and reliable. I recommend Granite Specialists most highly.

Description of Work
Installed quartz counter tops in kitchens and baths for my clients and in my own home.

Category countertops, marble & granite, home remodeling

08/27/2014

Dan L.

These are the nicest guys - - - ALL of them! From the owner to the installers. I dropped into their store front and was immediately and warmly welcomed by Gil. He was extremely helpful and was willing to spend time explaining the pros and cons of granite. I sent in rough measurements of my counter area by email and received a timely response regarding cost and when they could send someone out to measure. The owner came to measure and told me when they could install, which was withing a couple weeks. The two men showed up on time and called first before arriving. They installed the counter top in good time, neatly, and without any intrusive attitude. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Granite Specialists LLC for their excellent customer service and fair price.

Description of Work
Provided and installed granite kitchen counter tops.

Category countertops, marble & granite

Hi [removed member name], Thank you for choosing us. It was a pleasure working with you and your wife. I'm really glad that everything worked out and that you like it! Remember if you need anything or have any questions give us a call! Thank you again! Alyssa Hendricks (Office Manager)

07/10/2014

Gary K.

Excellent work and attention to detail. Made sure we were satisfied. Would use again.

Description of Work
Cut and installed 4 granite vanity tops.

06/30/2014

Paula L.

Description of Work
Measured and installed quartz and granite countertops. Beautiful work. Great customer service and very friendly people to work with.

03/21/2014

Lia M.

Very successful

Description of Work
I found Granite Specialists, initially online, and then searched for them on Angie's List. I stopped in to look at their remnant selection for a small 50 x 18 slab to finish a credenza. They happened to have a remnant that met my size and aesthetic requirements. I worked with Gil who provided a written quote and drawing there on the spot. With 1/2 payment down, they scheduled the work for the next week. Gil called promptly upon completion and we scheduled pick up for the following weekend. They even loaded the piece into my car for me. I’m very happy with my new quartz surface and will work with them again on bathroom or kitchen remodels.

Category countertops

Hey [member name removed], Thank you so much for the great review! I had a pleasure showing you around, and working with you on this project. I was very happy to see the picture you sent me of the credenza with the top on it. It looks absolutely beautiful. Thank you again for choosing us, Gil Orzechovski Office/Sales Manager.

11/18/2013

Jeanette M.

Overall, I was very impressed with this company, which is a small family company. I found the granite elsewhere and had a quote from a fabricator/installer but it seemed high. I contacted Gil at Granite Specialists and explained the situation to him and asked for a bid. He called me back a few hours later and explained why my previous quote was so high (as I had to buy three slabs and was only using a small part of two of them). He gave suggestions as to how I could reduce the cost, but this meant choosing a different granite. He was so friendly and helpful and I liked the fact that I could walk around the factory and see where and who was doing the work. His quote was actually slightly higher than my previous one, but he agreed to match the price. He also gave a very reasonable price to add a backsplash. They came as scheduled to measure and installed two weeks later. There was one piece of granite that was very complicated as it involved several angles on both sides. I was totally amazed when they came to install and the piece fit perfectly. I would recommend them without hesitation.

Description of Work
Fabricated and installed kitchen countertops

Category countertops, marble & granite

[removed member name] I am very happy to hear that everything went well, and that you are happy with the final product. It was a pleasure working with you, from start to finish! Thank you again for your business, and thank you for a great review! -Gil Orzechovski, Office Manager, Granite Specialists LLC.

08/26/2013

James C.

These guys are the bomb... I actually never stepped into their showroom, we had seen granite else where and knew the kind of granite we wanted. I provided the rough dimensions and total square footage to the top 6 rated granite companies on Angie's List and had them all bid on countertop removal and installation of our new countertop. We had some unusual requests like "NO Seams" in our largest piece. Most companies said it would cost about 40% more and many said it couldn't be done without breaking the granite. Not Gil the sales manager, while we were on the phone he located a piece of granite large enough to accommodate a one piece installation at Amsum & Ash (a distributer) and had them put it on hold so that I could view it at their warehouse the next day. After viewing it we again discussed the cost estimate Gil had provided (the second least expensive of all the fabricators I contacted) and assured me they could do the job with my tight schedule and on budget. We wanted the countertop measured and installed within 2 weeks of our new kitchen cabinets installed which were scheduled in within 30 days. They also went out of their way when I called concerned at the last minute that the edge of our granite might be too rough on the bottom, so they essentially gave us a full bullnose at the half bullnose price. That's a $400 to $800 savings. These guys functioned like a find tune machine, from measuring to removing the old countertop to installing the new one... on time on budget... flawless.... AND HAD OUR GRANITE INSTALLED ONE WEEK FROM THE TIME OUR CABINETS HAD BEEN PUT IN. Hire These Guys !!!!

Description of Work
Removed and disposed of existing laminate countertop. Cut, ground, polished edges and installed kitchen granite countertop.

05/09/2013

michael A.

They came out and measured it. We went and picked out what we wanted. They came and installed it and it worked out really good for us.

Description of Work
We used Granite Specialists for countertops.

04/17/2013

JEANNE S.

I was just very, very happy and very satisfied. He also told me extra info and things I never knew. He told me the geographic origin of the granite and he told me the name of the granite. He was also able to tell me the production method. They then let me know about a product I can take care of the granite with. The cost was reasonable and they cleaned up the countertop. It was good experience.

Description of Work
He had to trim an inch off a previous countertop because the new stove was an inch wider. He had to actually trim the granite. He saw that the new stove was not high enough and would need new shims on the bottom. He carefully measured beforehand and he and his helper slid in stove; they also put it in to make sure it would fit.

03/13/2013

Gerald H.

The salesman was very knowledgeable, patient and helpful when we were deciding which granite piece to use for our new bathroom countertop. He gave us a price which we felt was fair and fell within our budget. When the installers arrived at the appointed date and time we were informed that the necessary drain plug hardware does not come with the sink. It came as a surprise to us that we were not told this when ordering the sink. A second surprise came when the installers told us that removal of the old sink was not part of the contract. We had to unexpectedly shell out an additional $30.00 to put the old countertop and sink into the truck. I don't like surprises, especially when the salesman could have told us both of these things as we were ordering the countertop and sink. I would advise future customers to ensure all the right questions are asked before signing a contract.

Description of Work
We needed to remove our old bathroom countertop and sink and install a new granite countertop and sink.

Category marble & granite

Hey, Member. We are sorry about your experience with us, and wish this could have been a better experience for you. I do want to address some of the issues that were brought up since I believe there is some confusion going on. I understand that you had a problem with the sink not coming with the drain plug hardware (which our sinks do not come with). I would've gladly have told you about that.. IF you got the sink through us. You went on your own and ordered a sink through Home Depot if I'm not mistaken, and I cannot be liable for that, since it is not our product nor did we supply it to you. As in terms of the old counter top removal, we have discussed this part in the past (as I do with all costumers when I set up an installion) and you have said that you would do the counter top removal (including removal of plumbing since we do not do plumbing) as well, to save some money. Knowing this, when the owner heard that the counter top needed to be removed, he only charged you $30.00 USD instead of $150.00 USD so he can still be fair with you. Once again, I'm sorry if you had a bad experience. I think that there might've been some miscommunication and that is very unfortunate. If you need any help or information on how to get the sink hardware, let me know I'd be more than happy to provide you with helpful information so we can resolve any issues you have encountered. -Gil Orzechovski (Office Manager)

01/23/2013

Mark N.

I shopped around for a granite installer looked at three showrooms. I chose Granite Specialists due to their Angie?s list reviews. I was impressed from the beginning. I was able to email them the plans and get a rough estimate. I drove to the showroom and picked the granite and discussed options. They measured my bar two days later and the counter tops were installed about a week after that. The workers were very friendly and made great suggestions, which I am happy I went with. They told me they would try and minimize the seams and they did. They were quick, polite and walked me through everything. I really like that they explained everything, including maintenance and asked if I was happy with it before they left. The price was very fair, the workmanship was great. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for granite.

Description of Work
Great granite work!

12/04/2012

Rita F.

From the first day we went to their showroom in Golden Valley, right through the day of installation, everything was done on time, as ordered and on budget. The measurements were very precise, as this is an 1896 home where not everything is plumb - and it all fit perfectly, even the irregularly shaped peninsula. Everyone who has visited our home since the installation has raved about the counter tops and their craftsmanship. There are only 2 seams in the whole project, and even I have to look closely to find where they are. We have recommended Granite Specialists to everyone we know who is looking for new counter tops.

Description of Work
After a LONG search for a company to install kitchen counter tops, we elected to go with Granite Specialists, and we are very happy with our decision! We wanted top notch service but were on a pretty tight budget. The reason we choose GS was the combination of excellent reputation and lower price. The job consisted of fabricating and installing an L-shaped granite counter, as well as an irregularly shaped peninsula. We choose a color/style of granite that they had extra inventory of, which also helped keep our costs down. They sell and install other materials of counter tops, but their good price on granite put it within reach for us.

04/04/2012

BLAIR J.

Would definately use them again.

Description of Work
Gil and Eyal did a great job all around. Installed granite on a bar and kitchen counters.

03/09/2012

CHRISTINE P.

The customer service we received from Gil and Eyal could not have been better. We were presented with a number of options and ultimately chose a quartz remnant. This choice saved hundreds on the project cost, but was also the best design choice. The installation went smoothly, even in our 1908 home, and we couldn't be happier with the results. I would highly recommend them to anyone considering quartz or granite in a project.

Description of Work
As part of our kitchen remodeling project, we contracted with Granite Specialists to intall quartz countertops.

Category countertops, home remodeling

01/20/2012

KATHLEEN J.

This was an "emergency" situtation, and it couldn't have gone better. Granite Specialists were responsive, knowledgeable and skilled.

Description of Work
I was having a new cooktop installed and much to our dismay the hole in my granite countertop was 1" too narrow for the new cooktop. I called several granite places, and Eyal and his son were very understanding of the situation and Eyal was at my home in less than an hour. He warned me over the phone that cutting granite in a finished space is horribly messy and advised me to move things out and to cover with plastic, etc. He arrived as promised, did wonderful work, including getting the cooktop and placing it in the new hole to make sure it fit before he left. Considering the messiness of the job, Eyal was considerate and did everything he could to minimize the dust. Had he not warned me I would have been cleaning up for hours, as it was I was able to get the kitchen cleaned up very quickly (bare surfaces, bare floors) and this is credited to Eyal's warning. I was so impressed...the quality of the work and responsiveness were both outstanding. I recommend this company without reservation.

03/02/2011

Larry H.

We needed kitchen countertops which were to be the last items installed in our home signaling the end of a long and arduous complete home redecoration project. We had ordered cabinets and tops from a company with whom we were quite pleased, but a short time before Christmas it was revealed that the tops wouldn't be ready or installed or even manufactured before Christmas as promised. Since we were in the process of installing the cabinets, not having the countertops before Christmas meant we'd have nothing on which to prepare the Christmas goose and all associated goodies. Panic mode! Since no work had actually commenced with the previous vendor and they were amenable, I started making phone calls. By chance I called a company in St. Paul (I'd like to remember the name and give credit, but can't) and a kind fellow there said he'd have no time himself but was kind enough to put me in direct contact with the company he used for countertops. That company was Granite Specialists. I called immediately and spoke to a fellow named Jim who was very responsive and assured me that the deadline could be met. During the initial discussions he discovered we wanted engineered quartz for the tops, and he (perhaps partly because more time would have been needed than to use granite) proceeded to discuss with me the benefits of granite. I was dubious at first, but he made a good and knowledgable case and we decided to go with granite. Jim and Mohammed (the owner) came to our house at the appointed time to take measurements and finalize the details. A couple of design choices I had made were pointed out and called into question by Mohammed, and after some discussion I concluded he was right and the design was changed accordingly. Over the next few days Jim and I had reason to be in contact a few times, and he never failed to call me back when a message was left, often within a very short time. The tops were ready when promised and Mohammed and a helper arrived to do the installation. All went perfectly until the backsplash was moved into position and broke in two. I felt terrible about it, more for Mohammed than us, as we at least now had tops on which to work. Mohammed made a valiant attempt to join the two pieces and hide the joint, but in spite of the fact he'd done a very nice repair, I wasn't satisfied and neither was he. He explained it was no problem to make another and he'd get it to me as soon as he could. (He also explained that the nature of granite being what it is, despite every precaution and care, occasionally a back splash will break, he'd had it happen before, and it would again. In my view, he's a terrific craftsman, very knowledgable and careful, and it broke through no fault of his.) After he left I called Jim to see when he might get the new piece scheduled and how soon might we get it. SInce it was a relatively simple piece I hoped we still might have it by Christmas which was only a very few days away. Jim was apologetic, but said there really wasn't a chance of getting it that soon, and since we were essentially functional I didn't press him on it. On Christmas Eve day, I got a call from Mohammed: Would someone be home in the afternoon? He had gotten the piece done and would be happy to install it if someone would be there. Needless to say, we were thrilled that our kitchen would have that last detail in place in time for Christmas. Aside from that nearly unbelievable last minute service Mohammed provide us with, everything else was also perfect. Flawless craftsmanship and installation, great attention to detail, and service nearly unheard of seem to be the manner in which Granite Specialists do business. And everything else aside, Mohammed was also a great guy; I enjoyed every minute spent with him. I could not thank them enough nor recommend them with more enthusiasm. Plus, our kitchen looks great with the granite countertops, and we are now so glad we went with granite. The tops are just beautiful.

Description of Work
I used Granite Specialists LLC a year ago for countertops.

04/22/2009

THOMAS H.

Granite Specialists did a very good job it was a fabulous experience. They cleaned up after themselves and they were very punctual. They did excellent work and they were very professional.

Description of Work
Granite Specialists installed twenty eight square feet of granite that I had. They supplied and installed granite for an island counter in my kitchen.

Atreas Contracting LLC

Atreas Contracting LLC is a customer focused general contractor with long term, reliable, quality, cost effective partnerships with sub-contractors to fulfill all your new construction as well as remodeling and insurance storm restoration needs. Acceptable payments are cash, check or major credit cards (Visa or MasterCard). Payments can be made in full or can be made by utilizing a standard third progress payment schedule, a third initial payment, a third half completion payment and a final third payment upon project completion. >>>MENTION ANGIE'S LIST WHEN YOU CALL TO BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT AND RECEIVE 5% OFF YOUR TOTAL PROJECT PRICE!

4 Seasons Construction Inc.

4 Seasons Construction Inc. is a locally owned and operated remodeling company specializing in custom kitchen & bathroom remodeling solutions since 1998. We have over 20 years experience, licensed and insured. We pride ourselves on our experience and exceptional craftsmanship, service and turnaround.

Xpres Kitchen & Bath

Xpres Kitchen & Shower is a full-service remodeling contractor. Our specialties include, but is not limited to, replacing kitchen cabinets, countertops, backsplash, sinks and faucets, removing existing tubs & shower surrounds. Once removed, we can install a new tub & shower surround to fit your home's décor. From tiles to toilets, vanities, flooring & more, we can assist you in bringing your dream bathroom to life! We also offer Xpres Accessibility, which helps people have a safer experience in their shower & bath. We can install different types of grab bars & fold-up chairs to make bathing simply safer. As a family owned business for over 30 years, we have in-house plumbing, HVAC, framing, finish work & painting. This gives us a lot more control over timelines & deadlines compared to contractors that have to sub-out all of their work. If you want to remodel a bathroom in your home, condo, or apartment, please contact us. We focus on really listening & taking the time to understand our customers goals in bringing their remodeling vision to life! Our #1 goal is to help our customers get what they want, with as little stress as possible.

Kitchen Top, Vanity, Fire Place ,Tub & Shower, Bar Tops, Desk Tops, And More From Granite, Marble, SoapStone, Limestone and QUARTZ

Electric, Plumbing,Woodwork