Flanagan Painting

Founded 2006 • With Angi since March 2011

Flanagan Painting is a family owed and run business. Specializing in Interior/Exterior - Residential / Commercial Painting & Stucco Coatings. We've built an excellent reputation for customer satisfaction by providing quick estimates, a great attention to detail, and competitive pricing. Being a

house painting (28)interior painting (7)decks & porches (6)pressure washing (2)wallpaper removal (2)stucco (1)

06/16/2021

Molly H.

Joe was great to work with. He is friendly and laidback which took the stress off of the project. His crew did a great job painting the exterior of our home, staining the front of our property, and detailing the trim work. The total cost people included some carpentry work that one of his subcontractors assisted with, replacing boards on our home and deck. Overall, great experience!

Description of Work
Single Family Home exterior paint job

Category decks, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 05/26/2021

04/20/2021

Bob G.

Joe and his crew were great. We chose Flanagan painting because of their experience with stucco painting. The work done was awesome and professional. They cleaned up each day and took time to ensure that we were happy with the work done.

Description of Work
Exterior Stucco Painting

Category stucco, house painters

Work Completed On 09/25/2020

Review for Flanagan Painting - 5700 42nd Ave S, Minneapolis, MN - 39300579

07/11/2019

Dave V.

Excellent work, very happy with final results.

Description of Work
Exterior painting

Work Completed On 07/07/2019

05/23/2018

Rita H.

We had a very positive experience with Flanagan Painting. Joe was very responsive and fully explained the process steps involved with cleaning, patching and painting our 1918 2.5 story home's brick, stucco and wood exterior. Our project included three paint colors for the wood trim, stucco and brick and took about 7 business days to complete. They power washed the entire home and then scraped and patched peeling paint and cracks in the stucco and brick prior to apply two coats of paint. The cedar deck turned out better than expected as we had not had it stained in a number of years. After power washing it, Joe took the extra time to sand down some stubborn stain spots and the end result looks great (pic below is taken in dappled shade). The crew worked quickly and Joe followed up at the end with the final finishing work. I really appreciated doing business with Joe and his attention to detail and commitment to ensuring we were happy with the results.. We are very pleased with the outcome and would highly recommend Flanagan Painting without hesitation.

Description of Work
Painting trim, brick (previously painted), and stucco home and garage exterior and wash and stain deck

Category decks, house painters

Work Completed On 05/14/2018

Review for Flanagan Painting - 5700 42nd Ave S, Minneapolis, MN - 37101082

10/09/2017

Linda B.

Great! Joe gave me the estimate, & when I said I was concerned that it be done while the weather was still warm, he said he could start the next day. Everything was done very professionally. He even left the neighbors a note, to ask if he could clean up anything that the power washing blew into their yard. They worked continuously during what turned out to be unseasonably hot weather, & put everything back on the house (shutters, numbers, etc.) so I had nothing to worry about. Really nice guys - Great job!

Description of Work
Exterior house painting

Work Completed On 09/18/2017

07/10/2017

Josh B.

Very reasonable, professional, and courteous. Joe was a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Exterior paint job

Work Completed On 05/30/2017

05/18/2017

Jeanne M.

In spring of 2017 (May) I hired Flanagan Painting to paint my stucco house. I had initially wanted only my trim painted as paint was peeling badly. He explained to me that he noticed cracks in my stucco in both house & garage & he could patch those up & if I would have the whole house painted, he could use a special paint to also help seal the cracks in the stucco. Since I didn’t know the last time the house was painted (I’ve owned for only 7 years) & because I thought a full paint job would help seal out pests of all kinds, I decided to go with his suggestion of full house & garage painting. (I didn’t feel pressured by him at all to do full paint job.) So glad I did! Joe Flanagan & his assistant, Jonathon, did a great job on my house & garage! And at a reasonable price! And with a 5% Angie’s List member discount. He also suggested power washing my wooden fence, which was unpainted & unstained & had turned an ugly gray. He said if I did this, it would look almost new again, with a tinge of the original orange color. He was right! The fence looks so much better. And he gave me suggestions on staining it to maintain it. He also was careful of my perennial plants that were coming up around the house, which I appreciated – I did mark them to help him avoid. They were detail oriented & careful in their painting. He also noticed & pointed out a hole in my eaves which he chased a squirrel out of & plugged up w/ rocks as a temporary barrier. And he & his assistant were both so congenial, friendly & easy to work with! And answered all my questions! I will definitely hire again for any painting work!

Description of Work
Painting of stucco house & garage & pressure washing wooden fence

Category pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 05/18/2017

05/18/2017

Jeanne M.

Joe Flanagan & his assistant, Jonathon, did a great job on my house & garage! And at a reasonable price! And with a 5% Angie’s List member discount. He also suggested power washing my wooden fence, which was unpainted & unstained & had turned an ugly gray. He said if I did this, it would look almost new again, with a tinge of the original orange color. He was right! The fence looks so much better. And he gave me suggestions on staining it to maintain it. He also was careful of my perennial plants that were coming up around the house, which I appreciated – I did mark them to help him avoid. They were detail oriented & careful in their painting. And afterward he cleaned up all the paint chips & scrapings & left the house looking fresh & new! He also noticed & pointed out a hole in my eaves which he chased a squirrel out of & plugged up w/ rocks as a temporary barrier. That was going above & beyond! And he & his assistant were both so congenial, friendly & easy to work with! And answered all my questions! I will definitely hire again for any painting work!

Description of Work
In spring of 2017 (May) I hired Flanagan Painting to paint my stucco house. Started out just wanting house trim painted, as it was peeling badly. Joe Flanagan explained to me that he noticed cracks in my stucco in both house & garage & he could patch those up & if I would have the whole house painted, he could use a special paint to also help seal the cracks in the stucco. Since I didn’t know the last time the house was painted (I’ve owned for only 7 years) & because I thought a full paint job would help seal out pests of all kinds, I decided to go with his suggestion of full house & garage painting. (I didn’t feel pressured by him at all to do full paint job.) So glad I did!

Work Completed On 05/10/2017

Review for Flanagan Painting - 5700 42nd Ave S, Minneapolis, MN - 35069961

05/04/2017

Michael T.

I have referred Flanagan Painting out numerous times for clients. Joe and his crew are excellent, quick and professional

Description of Work
General painting and wall paper removal.

Category wallpaper removal, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/02/2017

07/09/2016

Karen W.

Joe was prompt in all correspondence, on time, careful around the garden, personable, great work and very good price. He also offered to clean out the gutters while up there, but I already had that done.

Description of Work
Price includes materials and labor Power wash entire home and garage Caulk, putty, epoxy all gaps, holes, cracks areas being painted Scrape all loose paint Apply proprietors glue based primer on scraped areas to prevent peeling Paint 2 coats front, north, south, garage (east was painted previously) Powerwash deck and stain

Work Completed On 06/24/2016

07/07/2015

Michele M.

It was great. He busted his butt to get the house painted by the time we needed it completed. He went above and beyond.

Description of Work
They painted the entire exterior of my house including power washing and the trim.

Work Completed On 06/15/2015

02/01/2015

Diane H.

From start to finish Flanagan Painting was terrific! Joe Flanagan was prompt, polite, and professional in all his communications. His price was quite reasonable. Only one other quote was lower, but that contractor wasn't available in our time frame. Several of the other quotes were significantly more expensive. Not only was Joe's price good, he and his workers started on time, worked long days to finish early, and took care of some extras for us at no additional charge. Every bit was professional, and we'd have no reservations about using Flanagan Painting again.

Description of Work
Indoor window, door, and trim painting and varnishing.

Work Completed On 01/26/2015

10/28/2014

John M.

Joe was one of the 2 that actually responded to my call. He was very responsive with the estimate and scheduling the work. The work was completed as promised. There was a area that did go as well as planned. The true sign of a class act is how a company handles problems. Joe was very understanding and he took care of the problem without any push back. I would recommend Joe and Flanagan Painting. Honest guy.

Description of Work
I hired Joe to paint parts of our deck and an outside window frame

Work Completed On 10/10/2014

09/25/2014

Chad H.

Joe did an excellent job and was the cheapest of all the bids.

Description of Work
Paint Exterior

Work Completed On 06/01/2014

08/29/2014

Ron R.

Joe was very helpful in helping us decide on combination of multiple colors. Very knowledgeable on his craft. Went the extra mile to give us what we wanted and what we needed. Met our time table. Totally met our expectations and exceeded them. Would highly recommend his services to anyone in need and will use him in the future.

Description of Work
Painted the outside of our house.

Work Completed On 08/13/2014

08/20/2014

MARY H.

Joe Flanagan gave me a very reasonable bid for the work, was able to get to my project about two weeks sooner than other painters I got bids from and did a wonderful job. He gave me a bid quickly, showed up to do the job when he said he would, worked hard and went the extra mile to clean up after the job was completed. He communicated well, was friendly and easy to work with, and did a meticulous job, so I plan to hire him again in the future for some additional work.

Description of Work
They did some interior drywall patching and painting, some exterior painting, power washed my house and deck and re-stained my deck.

Work Completed On 08/20/2014

05/16/2014

William G.

Joe an his team did a great job. The exterior paint was in really rough shape, and they did a great job to cover it up, seal all the gaps, and help us get the house looking good.

Description of Work
Painted exterior of two story house

Work Completed On 05/02/2014

01/03/2014

Catherine S.

Joe and his employee, did an excellent job painting our lower level and spare bedroom. He was prompt at returning my initial email, was on time for the estimate and gave me a realistic timeframe for when he could do the work. The two of them came out and completed the painting and even a little drywall touch up that could be seen once paint was on the wall. He was very knowledgeable and had great recommendations. He taped off the whole area and floors to keep our home clean and he picked up and took everything with him when complete. He also left me the extra paint in case we need it in the future. Overall, he did a great job and I'm sure we will use him again in the future.

Description of Work
Painting a lower level and bedroom

Work Completed On 11/11/2013

09/04/2013

Michael H.

They went above and beyond to handle all issues that came up in regards to the exterior painting of our house. They were very professional, timely and did a terrific job painting the exterior of our home. They stayed on budget as promised and kept us up to date with periodic status reports and photos. We are very pleased with their quality of work and would not hesitate to use them again.

Description of Work
Power washed the exterior of our home and then primed and painted it.

Work Completed On 08/16/2013

05/11/2013

vaughn R.

On time. On budget. Attention to detail.

Description of Work
Deck staining.

Category decks, house painters

Work Completed On 05/07/2013

03/28/2012

Camille C.

I first contracted with Joe in February 2011, and he worked in our home, both interior and exterior with excellent results. When my aunt passed away in July 2011, I had to prepare her house for sale and contacted Joe again to do the work - interior of that home, exterior of home and garage. Joe Flanagan has my full confidence when I need painting and related decorating work. He is excellent in suggestion, know-how, and in his carry through.

Description of Work
I have used him several times for painting.

Work Completed On 02/01/2011

12/31/2011

andrea S.

Vine Arts Center is a volunteer member-run non-profit art organization in south Minneapolis. A couple of years ago we wanted to do upgrades to our art gallery which included painting the wooden ceiling above our main gallery space (approx. 1000 sq. ft.). We aksed for a few quotes from painting outfits and decided to go with Flanagan Painting. Joe was very professional easy to get in contact with and had all the necessary paint gear needed to reach a ceiling that was 15-20 ft. high. He was punctual and detail oriented. As a not for profit organization, our budget was obviously quite small. He helped us keep our costs down through his paint discount and letting us prep the ceiling (scrape off all the old paint) instead of him. He also contributed part of his fee as a donation to the organization. We have maintained a relationship with Joe and had him come back in April of this year. We had installed new overhead lighting in the gallery and he offered some complimentary touch ups to the ceiling. We also contacted him now, in December, asking for a bid for painting the entire gallery. He quoted us a very competitive price, again with some options for lower costs. Back in April we mentioned a problem with a leaky exterior window at our own home. Joe came to look at it and fixed it quickly and easily. The repair - was seamless. We can't even tell which window it was! We will definitely be contacting Flanagan Painting for future paint related needs.

Description of Work
Painted the approx. 1,000 sq. ft. ceiling of the Vine Arts Center gallery and returned 2 years later to do complimentary touch ups. Also repaired a leaky exterior window in our private home.

Work Completed On 03/31/2011

10/10/2011

Matthew C.

Before I contacted Joe Flanagan with Flanagan Painting, the interior walls of my home needed severe restoration. Most of the companies and contractors I contacted refused to even attempt repairing the walls, or wanted to assess extraordinary fees. My great room was riddled with marks and scratches on the paint with cracks and holes in the drywall. The previous owners attempted to remove the wallpaper in my kitchen but eventually abandoned the project, leaving behind many tool marks and most of the wallpaper hanging off of the walls. My bathroom was a sickly yellow color and the acoustic ceiling outside in the hallway was falling off. The walls in my two bedrooms were heavily soiled from moving. Joe came to my house and assessed the damage. He provided two reasonable offers, one including the necessary work and one suggesting a few touch ups, and then discussed the different paint colors and coatings. He didn't pressure me to accept extra services, and in fact, found some cheaper materials allowing me to get some extra work done. Joe finished the work within the time he promised and provided me with updates throughout the project. He even did many small things that I didn't expect like cleaning off all of the tables and counter tops, not just the areas he used, and sweeping and vacuuming all of the floors to ensure he removed any dirt or dust that came from the job. He put forth much effort to make the place look just as good, if not better than before he began. I will always call Joe for any home projects and repairs and I wouldn't recommend anyone else.

Description of Work
All interior rooms painted Ceiling and wall repairs

Category wallpaper removal, interior painters