Flanagan Painting

Founded 2006 • With Angi since March 2011

5700 42nd Ave S

Minneapolis, MN 55417

Flanagan Painting is a family owed and run business. Specializing in Interior/Exterior - Residential / Commercial Painting & Stucco Coatings....

house painting (28)interior painting (7)decks & porches (6)pressure washing (2)wallpaper removal (2)stucco (1)

06/16/2021

Joe was great to work with. He is friendly and laidback which took the stress off of the project. His crew did a great job painting the exterior of our home, staining the front of our property, and detailing the trim work. The total cost people included some carpentry work that one of his subcontractors assisted with, replacing boards on our home and deck. Overall, great experience!

Description of Work
Single Family Home exterior paint job

Category decks,pressure washing,house painters

Work Completed On 05/26/2021

04/20/2021

Joe and his crew were great. We chose Flanagan painting because of their experience with stucco painting. The work done was awesome and professional. They cleaned up each day and took time to ensure that we were happy with the work done.

Description of Work
Exterior Stucco Painting

Category stucco,house painters

Work Completed On 09/25/2020

Review for Flanagan Painting - 5700 42nd Ave S, Minneapolis, MN - 39300579

07/11/2019

Excellent work, very happy with final results.

Description of Work
Exterior painting

Work Completed On 07/07/2019

05/23/2018

We had a very positive experience with Flanagan Painting. Joe was very responsive and fully explained the process steps involved with cleaning, patching and painting our 1918 2.5 story home's brick, stucco and wood exterior. Our project included three paint colors for the wood trim, stucco and brick and took about 7 business days to complete. They power washed the entire home and then scraped and patched peeling paint and cracks in the stucco and brick prior to apply two coats of paint. The cedar deck turned out better than expected as we had not had it stained in a number of years. After power washing it, Joe took the extra time to sand down some stubborn stain spots and the end result looks great (pic below is taken in dappled shade). The crew worked quickly and Joe followed up at the end with the final finishing work. I really appreciated doing business with Joe and his attention to detail and commitment to ensuring we were happy with the results.. We are very pleased with the outcome and would highly recommend Flanagan Painting without hesitation.

Description of Work
Painting trim, brick (previously painted), and stucco home and garage exterior and wash and stain deck

Category decks,house painters

Work Completed On 05/14/2018

Review for Flanagan Painting - 5700 42nd Ave S, Minneapolis, MN - 37101082

10/09/2017

Great! Joe gave me the estimate, & when I said I was concerned that it be done while the weather was still warm, he said he could start the next day. Everything was done very professionally. He even left the neighbors a note, to ask if he could clean up anything that the power washing blew into their yard. They worked continuously during what turned out to be unseasonably hot weather, & put everything back on the house (shutters, numbers, etc.) so I had nothing to worry about. Really nice guys - Great job!

Description of Work
Exterior house painting

Work Completed On 09/18/2017

07/10/2017

Very reasonable, professional, and courteous. Joe was a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Exterior paint job

Work Completed On 05/30/2017

05/18/2017

Joe Flanagan & his assistant, Jonathon, did a great job on my house & garage! And at a reasonable price! And with a 5% Angie’s List member discount. He also suggested power washing my wooden fence, which was unpainted & unstained & had turned an ugly gray. He said if I did this, it would look almost new again, with a tinge of the original orange color. He was right! The fence looks so much better. And he gave me suggestions on staining it to maintain it. He also was careful of my perennial plants that were coming up around the house, which I appreciated – I did mark them to help him avoid. They were detail oriented & careful in their painting. And afterward he cleaned up all the paint chips & scrapings & left the house looking fresh & new! He also noticed & pointed out a hole in my eaves which he chased a squirrel out of & plugged up w/ rocks as a temporary barrier. That was going above & beyond! And he & his assistant were both so congenial, friendly & easy to work with! And answered all my questions! I will definitely hire again for any painting work!

Description of Work
In spring of 2017 (May) I hired Flanagan Painting to paint my stucco house. Started out just wanting house trim painted, as it was peeling badly. Joe Flanagan explained to me that he noticed cracks in my stucco in both house & garage & he could patch those up & if I would have the whole house painted, he could use a special paint to also help seal the cracks in the stucco. Since I didn’t know the last time the house was painted (I’ve owned for only 7 years) & because I thought a full paint job would help seal out pests of all kinds, I decided to go with his suggestion of full house & garage painting. (I didn’t feel pressured by him at all to do full paint job.) So glad I did!

Work Completed On 05/10/2017

Review for Flanagan Painting - 5700 42nd Ave S, Minneapolis, MN - 35069961

05/18/2017

In spring of 2017 (May) I hired Flanagan Painting to paint my stucco house. I had initially wanted only my trim painted as paint was peeling badly. He explained to me that he noticed cracks in my stucco in both house & garage & he could patch those up & if I would have the whole house painted, he could use a special paint to also help seal the cracks in the stucco. Since I didn’t know the last time the house was painted (I’ve owned for only 7 years) & because I thought a full paint job would help seal out pests of all kinds, I decided to go with his suggestion of full house & garage painting. (I didn’t feel pressured by him at all to do full paint job.) So glad I did! Joe Flanagan & his assistant, Jonathon, did a great job on my house & garage! And at a reasonable price! And with a 5% Angie’s List member discount. He also suggested power washing my wooden fence, which was unpainted & unstained & had turned an ugly gray. He said if I did this, it would look almost new again, with a tinge of the original orange color. He was right! The fence looks so much better. And he gave me suggestions on staining it to maintain it. He also was careful of my perennial plants that were coming up around the house, which I appreciated – I did mark them to help him avoid. They were detail oriented & careful in their painting. He also noticed & pointed out a hole in my eaves which he chased a squirrel out of & plugged up w/ rocks as a temporary barrier. And he & his assistant were both so congenial, friendly & easy to work with! And answered all my questions! I will definitely hire again for any painting work!

Description of Work
Painting of stucco house & garage & pressure washing wooden fence

Category pressure washing,house painters

Work Completed On 05/18/2017

05/04/2017

I have referred Flanagan Painting out numerous times for clients. Joe and his crew are excellent, quick and professional

Description of Work
General painting and wall paper removal.

Category wallpaper removal,house painters,interior painters

Work Completed On 10/02/2017

07/09/2016

Joe was prompt in all correspondence, on time, careful around the garden, personable, great work and very good price. He also offered to clean out the gutters while up there, but I already had that done.

Description of Work
Price includes materials and labor Power wash entire home and garage Caulk, putty, epoxy all gaps, holes, cracks areas being painted Scrape all loose paint Apply proprietors glue based primer on scraped areas to prevent peeling Paint 2 coats front, north, south, garage (east was painted previously) Powerwash deck and stain

Work Completed On 06/24/2016

Interior & Exterior Painting. Stucco / Brick / Block Coatings. Window & Wood Restoration. Wall Paper Removal. Mold Removal. Decks. Fences. Power Washing. Ceilings. Garage Doors. Furniture Restoration. Cabinet Resurfacing. Garage Floor Epoxy. Skim Coating. Gutter Cleaning.

Wall Paper Hanging.