Fireplace Doctor LLC

Founded 1986 • With Angi since December 2011

9301 40 1/2 Ave N

Minneapolis, MN 55427

Servicing the Twin Cities since 1987. The Fireplace Doctor is a certified Gas Hearth Expert. Service calls begin at $199.00 The Doctor also offers a $99.00 rekindle package for working gas fireplaces, free standing stoves, inserts and log sets. Contact us for details on all services and pricing. Evening and weekend house calls are available....

09/27/2022

Tom E.

Dr. Dave is an exceptional technician and problem solver who made my fireplace work perfectly for the first time in its 11-year life. He would not leave until it worked to specification. He succeeded where others have failed. He was on the phone with two other experts to seek additional advice. He had all of the parts needed in his van. In addition to being an expert, he loves dogs, is a huge Twins fan, and is a genuinely nice guy. His wife Nancy handles the back office and is a true delight. They get booked up, but if you can be patient, you will not be disappointed.

Description of Work
Clean and repair two gas fireplaces. Repair one fireplace that had been damaged in a service call from another repair firm.

Category fireplaces

Thank you so very much! We are both thrilled that you are enjoying your fireplace. We hope you continue to enjoy it for many years to come.

12/05/2020

Tim K.

The Fireplace Doctor is the best! Dr. Dave and Nurse Nancy are personal, professional, and very good at what they do. They have a long wait list for a reason! We have our new go-to fireplace fixer.

Description of Work
Fixing a thermopile

Category fireplaces

Thank you so very much!! We've enjoyed working with you as well. Enjoy your fireplace!!

11/28/2020

Mark G.

They did not call back and they left me voice mail they could come out in March

Description of Work
Fire Place they said they could come to in March

Category chimney sweep

I did write you back. For gas fireplaces we are booking in March and I hardly think that because of the unusual season we are having with everyone being home it is worth F's for all categories. Our price is not an F Our Quality is not an F you don't even know us or our work. I responded to your note in a timely manner, again not an F. Is it our fault that this season is booked way out. It is not our fault that everyone is working from home and doing home projects. I'm in business to fix fireplace no matter how far we get booked out. So because a company is doing well you give us F's. Please take down this review And I am not a chimney sweep

11/04/2020

Victoria K.

She was able to work something out with me to please the buyers for our new home, and the customer service and help was just amazing. Their policies are super transparent and honest. It’s such a relief to deal with people like them. They also rescue dogs, so you know they’re great people.

Description of Work
Super helpful and flexible and cool!

08/07/2020

Ken S.

Work scheduled the end of August. So far, all is good.

Description of Work
fireplace tune up

Category chimney sweep

We will see you on the 27th! Thanks so much!

06/03/2020

David C.

Extremely well. Dave was on time, kind, very helpful, knowledgeable and thorough in repairing and refurbishing our fireplaces. He took the time to do the job with great attention to detail. He was very professional and reliable. We would hire him 10/10 times!

Description of Work
Repairing and refurbishing two fireplaces

Category fireplaces

Thank you so much!! Enjoy your fireplaces!!!

05/07/2020

Anissa M.

Dave came out to service our two gas fireplaces. He was friendly, knowledgeable, and happy to explain how things worked. Great job, would hire again for sure!

Description of Work
Service gas fireplaces

Category chimney sweep, gas logs

Thank you so much! Glad you were pleased.

12/03/2019

Anna M.

Fireplace doctor was able to walk me through a diagnosis and repair on the phone without having to come out for a visit. The problem was simply fixed but difficult for ME to know what to do. He spent about 15 min coaching me on the phone and problem was solved! I have previously had the fireplace doctor out to our home to service 4 gas fireplaces. The quality of work is excellent as well as attentiveness to customer service. If I could grade higher than an A I would.

Description of Work
gas fireplace did not work

Category fireplaces

Thank you so much for your very kind words. We are always happy to help you any time. Enjoy those fireplaces!

12/03/2019

Anna M.

We cannot say enough about the conscientious attention and service we got from the company. First of all "Nurse Nancy" was super helpful in fitting us into an already very full schedule. Then, on the day of service "Doctor Dave" (I hope I'm remembering names right) was kind and methodical, attending to each unit with extreme care. He never appeared to be rushing to get done, rather, he took the time to make sure the job was done thoroughly. All four fireplaces look and are operating like new. We were so impressed that I made a point of calling the office the next morning to express our appreciation for the quality of work we received and asked where we could post a review to be sure to let others know about the quality of care we received.. We HIGHLY recommend this small family run business.

Description of Work
We needed 4 gas fireplaces cleaned. Three of the four each had at least one problem unique to that unit.

Category fireplaces, gas logs

Thank you so very much! [Member Information Removed]. Dave and I are so very happy that you are so pleased with your fireplaces. We hope you enjoy them all winter long. If you have any issues just give us a call. Nurse Nancy

09/10/2019

Joan H.

Great, he was knowledgeable and did a nice job repairing my fireplace and was very organized with the cleanup.

Description of Work
Repair gas fireplace

Category fireplaces, gas logs

Thank you! Enjoy your fireplace this season.

04/04/2019

Steve S.

We had another company come out and they had no idea what to do to fix the problems. Then we called The Fireplace Doctor. To make a long story short, Dave was able to diagnose the problem areas and subsequently returned the fireplace to good working order which included making the proper adjustments and installing a new set of logs. I’m very glad I called The Fireplace Doctor as they had the expertise to return a non-working gas fireplace to one that works beautifully. They were very easy to work with and I would highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Gas fireplace was not burning correctly and gave off a terrible smell when burning

Category fireplaces, gas logs

We hope you enjoy your like new fireplace for many years to come. Thank you so much. Please call if you have any fireplace issues. Nurse Nancy & [Member Information Removed]. Dave

12/01/2018

ian Q.

Dave was very professional, outgoing and extremely knowledgeable. He knows his fireplaces like the back of his hand. He walked us through our expectations and ran through a few scenarios and the potential expense risks. We OK'd the plan and he went to work and gave us an accurate time estimate to be done. I only gave him a B for Punctuality as he arrived minutes before his hour arrival window expired. But it was the end of the day. Regardless, I'd hire him again and recommend him.

Description of Work
Gas Fireplace Cleaning & Maintenance

Category fireplaces

Thank you! We are happy it was a good experience. Nurse Nancy & Dr. Dave.

11/29/2018

Daniel L.

My gas insert fireplace pilot wouldn't stay lit and needed some fixing. Dave came and fixed the issue, cleaned out the whole fireplace, and tuned it up. He was fantastically knowledgeable and answered a bunch of fireplace questions I had to boot. I highly recommend him!

Description of Work
Gas insert pilot wouldn't stay lit!

Category fireplaces

Thank you so very much! We are really happy you are so pleased. Call if you have any more issues. Nurse Nancy and Dr. Dave.

02/24/2018

STEPHANIE K.

I called on a Saturday afternoon and Nancy answered and talked me through my problem over the phone. She was nice and friendly and helped us figure out our problem right away. She offered to have a service man call me back and she offered to book an appointment on a Saturday, but we didn't need it because with her help we were able to solve the problem ourselves. She was great and I would hire them anytime!

Description of Work
Fireplace wouldn't light

So happy we could help. Call when ready for a cleaning. Thank very much! Nancy

01/26/2018

Travis F.

The service was outstanding. Great expertise and honest advice. It was hard for me to find any other companies that could figure out the issue and he solved it immediately. I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Needed to convert an older fireplace from propane to LP and repair a failed job from another company.

Category fireplaces

Thank you so much! Glad you are able to enjoy your fireplace. Enjoyed working with you.!!

01/24/2018

Peter C.

Finally! A service technician who is knowledgeable, responsive, and who solved the problem! An after-hours voice-mail left on a Sunday afternoon was answered promptly the next morning. Service was performed and we were back in business by Tuesday evening! A range of potential solutions and related costs was clearly presented and discussed before-the-fact. On-site inspection & testing corrected the problem with the least-cost alternative. No effort to 'up-sell' more solution than was necessary under the circumstances. This after several months of service calls, calls to the manufacturer, and (unrerturned) calls to other service providers. My suggestion; don't call the other fireplace guys... make your first call to "Dr. Dave", The Fireplace Doctor. He'll get you squared away capably and promptly, at a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Repair of a Vermont Castings gas fireplace insert w/Honeywell remote control system

Category fireplaces

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! You are a wonderful client to work with. I know everything isn't quite right yet with the fireplace but we won't give up. Talk very soon and Thank you again. Dr. Dave & Nurse Nancy

12/18/2017

Carina J.

dr dave was familiar with both kinds of fireplaces we have. one needed a repair and one needed a lot of cleaning up because it hadn't been used for 4-ish years. they look great, work great and dr dave gave us lots of good info along the way. would definitely use again and recommend to others.

Description of Work
serviced 2 gas fireplaces

Category fireplaces, gas logs

Thank you so much! We hope you enjoy your fireplaces. [Member Information Removed]. Dave & Nurse Nancy

12/15/2017

Tonia T.

Excellent! Dave is affordable, does not try to sell you on services you do not need. My fireplace looks great. It's refreshing to get receive a quote and not have someone try to up-sell you the entire time.

Description of Work
My fireplace had stopped working and Dave fixed and cleaned my fireplace. It looks brand new!

Category fireplaces

Thank you for you kind words. So happy you were so pleased with our service. Enjoy your fireplace. Dr Dave and Nurse Nancy

12/01/2017

Elias A.

Excellent. Fixed, back up and running. Dave always cares about how we're doing and providing us a safe, reliable fireplace.

Description of Work
Dr. Dave is the absolute best. We had a bad switch on our Heat n Glo fireplace and Dave fixed it quickly and perfectly. He's always punctual, professional and incredibly knowledgeable. We rely exclusively on Dr. Dave and Nurse Nancy for any service and repair.

Category fireplaces, gas logs

Thank you very much! So happy you are enjoying your fireplace. Any issues give us a call. Thank you again, Nurse Nancy & Dr. Dave

12/01/2017

Ismail G.

Dave replaced the pilot assembly for our Majestic brand DVBL7 Series Direct Vent Gas Fireplace (model # 400DVBLNSC7). He did an excellent job. Our fireplace works again and we are very happy with the service!

Description of Work
Repair of fireplace

Thank you very much! Enjoy your fireplace! Nurse Nancy & Dr. Dave

11/02/2017

Jenny K.

Great! Excellent customer service and very reasonable prices compared them with two other companies

Description of Work
gas fireplace cleaning and tune up

Category fireplaces

Thank you so much! Nice to know that you are so pleased. Enjoy your fireplace! Dr. Dave & Nurse Nancy

09/20/2017

Elias A.

It went great. Dave is first-rate, very knowledgeable, super communicative, and did an awesome job with a lot of tips for us. You'd be hard-pressed to find a better company to work with to service your gas fireplace.

Description of Work
Had our Heat and Glo gas fireplace checked over, cleaned, adjusted

Category fireplaces

Thank you so much! Enjoy your fireplace

09/08/2017

Randy H.

Dave evaluated the condition of both, made the regular gas fireplace easier and safer to use with only a few dollars extra for parts and cleaned and made the heating unit operable. He went over recommendations for watching for problems, explained what items might eventually need replacement, and gave advice about total future replacement necessities and requirements, even indicating that one unit should last as long as we live here if simply maintained. Except the fireplaces worked and the glass was actually brilliantly clean, you could not tell he had been there as everything was clean. Communication with his firm was quick, efficient, and an appointment was scheduled and a reminder call received. Call this guy now before it gets busy in the winter if you want some quality work to care for your unit(s) without pressure to buy anything you don't need. Cost was as advertised on their webpage with a discount for multiple units. The photo is of the heat unit installed in 1995.

Description of Work
Two gas fireplaces needed repair, cleaning, and inspection. One was a simple gas log unit and the other a built in heating type over 20 years old.

Category fireplaces, gas logs

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for all your kind words. Customer satisfaction is something we strive for. Enjoy your fireplaces. Dr. Dave & Nurse Nancy

05/22/2017

Joan C.

I was really happy with the work performed! It took a while to get them out here because they were a bit backed up with work, but I wasn't in a hurry so it wasn't an issue for me.

Description of Work
Routince maintenance on 2 gas fireplaces.

05/18/2017

David D.

It went great. It was straightforward. He explained what he is doing, what went wrong, why it went wrong, and how he fixed it. Definitely would use him again.

Description of Work
Fixed ignition for fireplace and cleaned it as well.