Finest Kitchens By Design

Founded 1993 • With Angi since April 2005

5021 Vernon Ave S

Minneapolis, MN 55436

Owner-operated. Nari and BBB member. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. Ask about out special Angie’s List discount!...

10/31/2011

Corrinne B.

I'm very pleased with both the projects that he performed for me. He was reasonably priced. The quality of the work was outstanding, and his skills and knowledge were diverse.

Description of Work
He worked on my roof, and did some remodeling in my kitchen as well.

Category roofing,home remodeling

07/12/2011

ANDY & SUSANRAE M.

I really liked their willingness to work with what we had. They tried to keep the cost down. I thought that they were very honest. A few weeks ago I recommended them to a family member who had a roof problem.

Description of Work
I used Eminence Roofing because we had a roofing issue. We had some ice storm damage and they repaired it about 2 years ago.

04/18/2011

DOUG C.

Their communication was good. The estimate was appropriate and the pricing seemed very reasonable. We felt that we got detailed information from him. He worked carefully and did quality work.

Description of Work
Eminence Roofing did some roof work for us.

02/03/2011

DOUG C.

This was a relatively small roof job so several of the roofers we talked to were not interested, as it's generally not profitable to do repair work like this. Dennis did not treat us like we were wasting his time - he was courteous, professional, and very helpful. He stuck to his estimate even when the work was more entailed than he anticipated. We were 100% satisfied with his workmanship and service.

Description of Work
Roof repair after ice dam damage

11/17/2010

DEBORAH O.

Dennis, the owner, was very nice to deal with and I think he is very knowledgeable. It did take awhile for him to get back to me for the follow up. He did call and apologized for the inconvenience.

Description of Work
They did a repair on our roof, we had a leak from the ice dams from the snow.

07/06/2010

ANDY & SUSANRAE M.

We were pleased. We had another bid, but this company had more explanation of what was going on with our problem and answered had more suggestions on how to fix it. We were very pleased and there was minimum mess. They also had it done quickly. They also give us a very reasonable price.

Description of Work
They were repairing some ice damage on a section of roof. they also installed more venting to prevent that in the future.

05/05/2010

Richard E.

I probably wouldn't hire this contractor.

Description of Work
I didn't hire this contractor, though he seemed like a nice guy. He was punctual for scheduled appointments but didn't provide the proposal when he said he would. I'm still waiting for it. He also has a problem responding to e-mails. I have no idea how his work is.

12/30/2009

Chris R.

Dennis came to my residence to inspect my roof and siding for a water leak. He spent about an hour on the ladder and on the roof investigating the problem. Although he was unable to identify any particular issue with the roof or siding, he caulked one potential problem area and suggested that I have someone come out with an infrared camera if the issue recurs. His advice was consistent with advice that I later received from the company that installed my roof. Dennis took significant time to drive to my house and inspect my roof, and he didn't even charge me for his time. I would characterize Dennis as an honest, competent service professional and would definitely recommend his services to others.

Description of Work
Inspect roof and siding for water leak

12/23/2009

JOHNINE O.

I can?t say enough good things about Dennis. Our kitchen remodel was a challenge from the beginning?both in terms of cost and space. We wanted to keep it to $30,000 (excluding new appliances) and it?s a small kitchen?11? x 11? with two large windows and two doorways, plus an entryway with doors leading to the basement and to a small closet. Not a lot of available wall space to work with. But Dennis made it work. Even though we were doubtful that it could be done, he recessed our refrigerator against the old sink wall, and moved the sink area to under the windows. He got us a great deal on custom maple cabinets, and got rid of the old radiator (which was originally under the windows) by switching us to toe-kick heating. He worked very hard to keep us within our budget and still give us what we wanted?beautiful cabinets, granite countertops and Marmoleum flooring. And we were able to splurge on all new stainless steel appliances. He also managed to complete the project in a reasonable amount of time (5 weeks), with minimal down time, even though we had to delay the start date due to a family emergency. We are very, very happy with our new kitchen and recommend Dennis without reservations. He really knows his stuff and will let you know if something will or will not work and what the cost will be upfront.

Description of Work
Complete kitchen remodel--design, demo, cabinets, countertops, flooring, plumbing, electrical, heat, paint

Category home remodeling

11/08/2009

Jacqueline C.

Our first meeting was in September to discuss the project. Dennis had good ideas and we liked him. He was not pushy and listened to our wants. His cost estimate was not the lowest, but we liked his commitment to quality and to a time schedule. He would not start until all the components were in-hand. We did not have a designer, but worked with a designer for the cabinets and another for the floor and backsplash tile. Dennis has a small crew of good workers. The estimate was for six weeks to complete the job. He started in early March. A few delays caused only one additional week of work. Dennis kept the work site very clean. We are pleased with our new kitchen.

Description of Work
Demolition of existing kitchen, upgrade plumbing, electrical and insulation, install cabinets, door and window, flooring, backsplash and fixtures.

Category home remodeling

Black Bear Builders

With 20 years of construction experience, this industry is second nature to me. I believe that true professionalism is born from the ability to work your craft with ease - always being a few steps ahead of the game, and knowing where to look for problems before they arise. As comfortable as I often feel on site and at the drawing board, I constantly expect improvement for myself and strive to perfect my work. With Black Bear Builders, you can expect to be cared for and respected as I help you in reaching your goals. Started in 1999, Black Bear Builders offers carpentry and general contracting services. The business accepts cash, check and credit cards.

Randy's Electric

You deserve a safe and reliable home. Get the job done right the first time with outstanding customer service from the Twin Cities top rated electrician. Outlets, fans, lighting, smoke detectors, switches, and service panels. Your full service electrician.

Offers by Randy's Electric on Angi
    Woodland Painting Inc

12 employees. No subs. Cost determined by the square foot. Local business owner on site for each project. Ask about 10% Angie's list member discount.

Offers by Woodland Painting Inc on Angi

Full kitchen & bathroom remodeling- design, build, & finish- consultation, design, plans & permits, site preparation, framing, doors, windows, trim, plumbing, electrical, sheetrock, cabinets, flooring, painting, & clean-up.

ROOFING REPAIRS OFFERED TIME AND MATERIAL ONLY--NO FREE ESTIMATE FOR REPAIRS.