Craftsmen Home Improvements Inc

Founded 1991 • With Angi since June 2002

Ask about Angie's list discount. Craftsmen Home Improvements, founded in 1991 is an award-winning contractor specializing in window replacement, siding, decks and roofing. Craftsmen uses the highest quality materials, backed by the longest, most extensive product warranties available. Awarded the Angie's List Super Service Award every year since 2004. (We have a 5 window minimum), (Gutters only in conjunction with roof or siding), (Attic insulation only in conjunction with a new roof.) (We do not do roof or siding repairs) Additional Phone Number: (651) 229-4045, (763) 441-5552 & (612) 861-1958. We offer James Hardie siding, and Vinyl siding, Timbertech and Azek deck material, Owens Corning and GAF shingles, Andersen Windows, Marvin Windows, Hayfield Windows, Richlin Windows, Lindsay Windows, Pella Windows....

A Service Provider's profile image

+25 more images

roofing (672)window replacement (411)siding companies (336)decks & porches (31)gutter repair (173)insulation (165)door installation (99)woodworking (32)general contractors (23)chimney repair (19)egress window (18)house painting (17)

07/03/2022

Michael D.

Craftsmen provided an awesome experience! The attention to details and the work crew were meticulous. I was blown away by the quality of the work which exceeded even my greatest expectations. Terrific crew to work with.

Description of Work
Windows and Siding Removal and Installation

Category siding, replacement windows, chimney repair

Work Completed On 07/03/2022

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to have helped with your roof, and will let the team know you are happy with the work done!

05/31/2022

cindy E.

In 2021 I had storm damage that resulted in my needing a new roof, siding, and garage doors. I also decided to replace four mid-priced windows in the front of the house and get a new service door for the garage. Craftsmen had put my roof on eleven years before so I had some experience with them. I also looked at reviews on several sites on line. Their representative, Eric, came to the house and explained all expenses, products, and procedures for completing such a large project. Product supply line issues resulted in some delays, but once work began, everything went efficiently. Craftsmen has dedicated and skilled work crews who show up when they saw they are going to. They have administrative staff that communicates frequently and responds to questions quickly. Because it was reimbursed by insurance, I didn't get involved in price comparisons because I was told by several people that what insurance agrees to pay is essentially what the cost is going to be. Craftsmen communicated with my insurance company and it went extremely efficiently. I am completely satisficed with the finished work and would highly recommend Craftsmen as a company.

Description of Work
Roofing, siding, garage doors, windows

Category garage doors, siding

Cost $1,000,000

Work Completed On 05/31/2022

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]. Our hope is that we can continue to serve you through all your home improvement needs in the future!

05/14/2022

Chris M.

We replaced 10 windows on our sun porch. Very impressed with the installation from beginning to end. Looks beautiful. It took some time to get the custom windows ordered and delivered, but worth the wait. 5 of 10 windows from Richlin by Hayfield had to be replaced due to imperfections. All covered under warranty.

Description of Work
WIndow Replacement

Category replacement windows, chimney repair, sunrooms

Work Completed On 05/14/2022

[Member Name Removed], we are so glad we could provide you with such a positive experience! Thank you for your feedback.

04/01/2022

Madhura G.

The work done was excellent. We definitely recommend Craftsmen Home Improvement to anyone who needs roofing and siding services. The siding and roofing work was done very efficiently and with neatness. There were no uneven fittings and warped siding panels. The cleanup was promptly done. After the city's inspection, the few remaining things were promptly fixed. We worked with Jim Kosloski right from the start of the project. It was a wonderful experience. He promply answered all questions and helped us in all matters. He was very patient when there was a delay from our Insurance company. He always looked out for our best interests.

Description of Work
Roofing and Siding

Category roofing, siding

Work Completed On 04/01/2021

Hi [Member Name Removed]. Thanks for the positive feedback. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you!

12/28/2021

Victor H.

We had siding and full frame windows installed by Craftsmen Home Improvements. We were very satisfied with the whole process. The salesman, Jim, was very knowledgeable and helpful. Both the window and siding crews were excellent. Professional, courteous, and did great work. We actually missed the folks on both crews when they were done! We are very happy with our high-quality Marvin windows and our 100-year-old house is noticeably quieter and less drafty. The Hardy siding and trim looks great and our house feels much better! This is a company that my wife and I highly recommend, and they have been great to work with on the whole job.

Description of Work
New windows and new siding

Category siding, replacement windows, chimney repair

Work Completed On 12/28/2021

[Member Name Removed], your words are kind and reflect what we strive for here at Craftsmen Home Improvements. Thank you.

12/23/2021

Daniel A.

I am so impressed with Craftsman. Ellie, the project manager, coordinated the job and was so quick to respond to any questions. Jim, the lead on the install, was very helpful in explaining all of the specs of the job. And then finally, to the crew that actually cane out to do the job. There were only two of them because it was late in the season but they did a great job and checked in with me after each day to let me know what was going on. I 100% will refer this company to anybody looking to install a new roof.

Description of Work
Crafstmen installed a new roof

Work Completed On 12/08/2021

11/29/2021

Colleen O.

We had a great experience getting new roofs on our house and garage from Craftsman Home Improvements. Jim answered all of our questions before and after the project. The roofing crew were great and did an excellent job.

Description of Work
Roof replacement on our house and garage

Category roofing, chimney repair

Work Completed On 10/04/2021

[Member Name Removed], we're sure you will enjoy your new roof. Thanks for sharing your experience with our company! It is our goal to do the best job we can both in our work and customer service.

11/28/2021

Joanna G.

We have worked with Craftsmen Home Improvements on both a full house of windows and a roof. We are considering other jobs with them as well. They do excellent quality work, are professional, and very easy to work with. We have been pleased from beginning to end of both of our jobs. We look forward to working with them again and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Windows and roo

Category roofing, replacement windows

Work Completed On 11/27/2021

[Member Name Removed], we are so glad that we could meet and then exceed your expectations. It is what we strive for on each project we do. Thanks!

11/10/2021

Pat T.

I have worked with Craftsmen Home Improvement three times, and my experience has always been great. Tom and Jim have been the leaders of all of my window/door projects, and all of their teams have been great! This time around they changed out the sunroom windows and gave me the added view I wanted with larger windows! I trust the whole team, which also includes the owner Dan, Erik, and Kim! Pat T.

Description of Work
Replacement windows

Category replacement windows, chimney repair

Work Completed On 11/10/2021

Hi [Member Name Removed], thank you for your review about your experience. We're happy to have helped you with your project and the team will be very glad to know you are pleased with the work done. At Craftsmen Home Improvements we really strive to give the best experience possible!

11/09/2021

Patricia J.

The Marvin Window installation we had done recently went very well. The skill and expertise of the crew who did the work was solid and without error. They were pleasant, accommodating and easy to work with. Foremen, Jim and Tom, along with Tyler and Tim who completed their team worked hard and kept things on track. The windows look great and we would recommend their work and Craftsmen Home Improvement without hesitation.

Description of Work
Installation of Marvin Windows for residence

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 11/05/2021

Thank you for the review, [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure working with you!

11/01/2021

Karl F.

We hired Craftsmen to reshingle roof and replace gutters. Our roof was old and had three layers of shingles. Communication involved multiple groups: salesperson, project coordinator, and separate crews for roof, gutters, & fascia. Excellent communication in all cases, except for initial contact on roofing. This led to a problem where the garage roof was reshingled even though it was not on the contract (they immediately said we did not need to pay for this: their mistake, no questions asked, handled this extremely well). Each crew was responsive and informative. We had a small leak in the porch roof and they came within a few hours to repair it (one small spot had not been sealed, no real damage done). The gutters took three half-days to complete instead of one as several problems were discovered (rotted wood needed replacing so gutters could be hung securely). Overall, we were pleased with the quality of the work and our experience. The project came in 4-5% under their estimate even though several things were added to the project as problems were discovered (somewhat expected given age of the roof).

Description of Work
Reshingle roof, repair fascia, replace gutters

Work Completed On 09/21/2021

10/26/2021

Greg M.

Very positive experience throughout process to replace my roof. Good communication leading up to the day of the job. Very quick to respond to any questions I had. After the job was complete I had a couple of concerns and they came out, discussed each one, and addressed to my satisfaction. Appreciated the continued follow-up after the job was complete until I was completely satisfied.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Work Completed On 10/26/2021

Thank you [Member Name Removed], for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to have helped with your roof, and will let the team know you are happy with the work done!

10/25/2021

Rochelle (Chelle) W.

This is not the first time I have used Craftsmen Home Improvement for updates and repairs to my home. They are my "go-to" company when I want excellence in customer service and in getting the results I desire. This particular project turned out to be much larger than I had expected, but with guidance and expertise from Jay Aos and his team, I feel secure knowing repairs have been made and the outcome superb. I know have a beautiful new deck which my family and I are already taking advantage of and new windows to enjoy the view. I will always call on Craftsmen Home Improvement and would high recommend to others looking for the best.

Description of Work
New Decking Floor and install and repair of water damaged windows

Category decks, water damage restoration, replacement windows

Work Completed On 10/25/2021

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! Our hope is that we can continue to serve you through all your home improvement needs in the future!

10/14/2021

Tony B.

We're very happy with the end result. The work ethic and attention to detail by Matt, Tristan and project manager Ellie was amazing! This is the second major project that Craftsmen Home Improvements has done for us and we'll definitely be using them again.

Description of Work
Roofing home

Work Completed On 10/14/2021

[Member Name Removed], we are so glad we could provide you with such a positive experience. Thank you for your feedback!

10/13/2021

John B.

Craftsmen did a fantastic job on our roof! The estimate was affordable, their response time was great, and the crew was absolutely outstanding!!

Description of Work
Reroof garage and house

Work Completed On 10/13/2021

[Member Name Removed], your words are kind and reflect what we strive for here at Craftsmen Home Improvements. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

10/06/2021

Thomas E.

We are very happy with our new roof and gutters. Our house looks great! From sales through customer service and installation, everyone with whom we worked at Craftsmen Home Improvements was professional, responsive, respectful and friendly. We are also happy with the quality of the materials they used and the craftsmanship with which they installed them. They were quick—they re-roofed our house in a little over a day, and when they left, the yard was clean. I would happily work with them again and I highly recommend Craftsmen Home Improvements.

Description of Work
House re-roofed and gutters replaced

Work Completed On 09/13/2021

[Member Name Removed], we strive to provide professional, high-quality work. Thanks for your feedback.

09/05/2021

Mark D.

CHI did an exceptional job replacing windows and a storm door. The cluster of 7 windows is in a brick-cladded wall, with curved oak trim on the interior. The result is beautiful--the new trim matches perfectly. What most impressed us was how careful and thorough everyone was. The crew worked together to come up with the best way to handle problems. For example, the storm door hardware didn't fit right, so they came back an extra morning to modify the wood framing. Overall, they did what was needed to get a good result.

Description of Work
replace windows and a door

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 08/20/2021

Thanks for your kind words, [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure helping improve your home!

09/03/2021

Karen W.

Jim, the estimator was easy to work with and listened to what I was saying. Everything was very prompt about their service Ellie was professional and gave me information whenever I inquired. They did what they said they were going to do. I was amazed at how clean everything was at the end of the project. The workers were respectful and worked as quietly as you can on a roofing project. When you had issues with things, they were to admit and resolve the problem.

Description of Work
Roof house

Category roofing, chimney repair

Work Completed On 07/12/2021

08/15/2021

DAVID L.

Craftsmen Home Improvements was a joy to work with from beginning to end. The sales rep Chase did not oversell anything. He went on the roof and took some pictures of the shingles and carefully explained their condition and what the company would do when replacing the roof. We had multiple questions, and he took his time with us. Susan in the office was kind enough to send us some renderings showing our actual house with different colored shingles on them and helped us in the selection process. Ellie, the project manager, kept us in the loop as to when the project would start. When we discovered that the city was planning on doing street work on our block the same week as our roofing project was to begin, Ellie was able to get us in a week earlier. The roofing crew was fantastic. They did everything in a day and spent a long time looking for loose nails around the house and cleaning up and were very respectful of our property. We are having the gutters put in now and so far they look fantastic as well. CHI really takes the stress out of a construction project!

Description of Work
Roofing and gutters

Work Completed On 08/09/2021

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your review about your experience. We're happy to have helped you with your Roofing, and Gutters project and the team will be very glad to know you are pleased with the work done. At Craftsmen Home Improvements we really strive to give the best experience possible!

08/13/2021

Joey P.

Craftsmen did an excellent job on our roof. The crew was very careful during the process and worked meticulously without rushing anything. Still, our roof was completed in a timely manner. Craftsmen went through all the pains to make sure the job was done correctly, including installing new decking in the areas that needed it. And whenever I inquired about something, they answered. They didn't cut any corners. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Category gutter repair, roofing, garage builders

Work Completed On 08/13/2021

Thank you, [Member Name Removed], for taking the time to review your experience with us. We are very pleased to hear that you had a positive experience, and our team will be too. We're glad to have helped you with new roofing and decking work, thanks again.

07/23/2021

Mollie M.

Craftsmen Home Improvement did excellent work replacing our roof due to storm damage. They were professional, everyone from the salesman, to the office staff, to the three men who removed our old roof and installed the new one. They did not disturb our landscaping and they cleaned the area every evening when they left. It was surprising quiet. Their nifty Equipter machinery carried the old shingles to the dumpster in our driveway. Even the dumpster was not obnoxiously large. Thank you Craftsmen Home Improvements for this work and your fine work installing our new siding years ago.

Description of Work
Roof replacement due to storm damage

Work Completed On 06/23/2021

Thank you, [Member Names Removed] for taking the time to review your experience with us. We are very pleased to hear that you had a positive experience, and our team will be too. We're glad to have helped you with your new roof and siding years ago, thanks again.

07/21/2021

Cara F.

Craftsman Home Improvements have done siding, doors, windows, and roof/gutters on my home now. From sales to office to the teams doing the work everyone has been outstanding. I highly recommend for your next project. Great communication and fantastic final product and follow up!

Description of Work
Siding, windows, roof, gutters

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 07/21/2021