College Works Painting - Minnesota

Founded 1993 • With Angi since April 2013

304 15th Ave SE

Minneapolis, MN 55414

College Works Painting gives undergraduate students an extraordinary opportunity to build a competitive resume and gain marketable skills by teaching them how to manage their very own painting business. We help them develop and demonstrate a strong skillset encompassing business ethics,

03/05/2019

Elena I.

The contractors were very professional and did a good job. They left the job site very neat and were considerate of the shrubs around the deck. The timing was as scheduled and communications went well.

Description of Work
Deck supporting post and concrete footer needed to be replaced.

Category woodworking

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We are happy to hear about the experience you had while working with our company. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. Regards, College Works Painting

09/11/2018

Brian H.

Had some issues with the flaking finish on my steel siding. Had paperwork from installation provindig it was PVC finish no lead EPA was being difficult. After that they jumped right in and got going. Heidi and her crew worked very hard in very hot conditions and stayed on task. Heidi worked very long hours she is a credit to your organization. Had a littlle touch up needed but was taken care of promptly. This work was done in Mankato Mn.

Description of Work
Painted three sides of my home.

Category house painters

We are happy to hear about this particular representative being attentive to your every concern. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. Regards, College Works Painting

09/10/2018

Bill H.

Very satisfied with the work. Painters were professional and hard working.

Description of Work
Paint interior ceilings and entry way room.

Category interior painters

Thank you for your feedback! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. Regards, College Works Painting

06/23/2018

Judy K.

We were very pleased. The exterior painting of the siding and trim of the house was done well, on time, using the paint that we purchased. I think that was an important factor that we felt would assure the quality of the paint. Ally was very responsive to our questions, and the young men who did the painting did a really good job. There was an area of the porch that we had them wash for us and that was well done also.

Description of Work
Exterior painting

Category house painters

Your feedback is greatly appreciated! We are glad to hear that you were very pleased with the work. Please let us know if we can be of assistance to you in the future. Regards, College Works Painting

03/02/2018

Sara B.

We had our main floor, finished basement and bathrooms painted with the ceilings done as well. They initially estimated the work to take 2 days, but it was clear after the first day it would take longer. The first day, they were rather slow and sloppy: obvious missed spots, some paint on the trim, some on the floor, and they painted over a drywall anchor instead of removing and patching it, etc. When these were pointed out they were fixed, except the trim. The second day, they painted much more carefully, but slowly. The third day they brought in a third guy and the work was completed and the quality was more what I was expecting. There were still some spots to be touched up, but overall it was satisfactory. My biggest annoyance (other than being out of the house for an extra day with two small kids), was the sloppiness. They didn't drape properly when painting the ceilings so there are tiny white speckled on the railing, our stove, some of our furniture, some of my son's toys...its not permanent damage, but I expected better. I feel they did a slightly better job than we could have done and we are not a professional painters. Maybe he had a new assistant the first two days who needed a bit more training...but if we had it to do over, we'd very likely go with someone else.

Description of Work
Interior house painting

Category interior painters

06/28/2017

Connie C.

Job completed in 4 days. Great work. Very Professional. Suggestion use duration paint from Sherwin Williams. Looks great.

Description of Work
Jackson Gerot was the painter in charge of painting our entire 2 story house.

06/26/2017

Michael B.

Great communication throughout process.

Description of Work
Exterior house painting.

06/21/2017

Barb S.

They got the job done quickly and neatly. No mess left anywhere.

Description of Work
Had a shed painted

06/20/2017

Joseph N.

Jaxon and his crew did a great job. They got everything done quickly and thoroughly and were even on site for the job weeks ahead of their proposed schedule. I would definitely recommend them to anyone needing painting done.

Description of Work
Painting for the front face/trim of my home and staining of my deck.

06/16/2017

Sigfredo R.

Went very well and employees were polite and profectional.

Description of Work
Painted outside of house along with the trim around windows and house.

06/07/2017

Paula M.

Excellent, very nice job. Completely happy and very satisfied with final completion of project. Everything looks great!

Description of Work
Paint house trim, deck, shed, outside benches and light fixtures.

06/04/2017

David W.

It went great. Jackson and the guys were great to work with and did an excellent job. I would recommend them to anyone!

Description of Work
Primed and Painted my home

06/01/2017

Lisa K.

The painting of the house went well. Shawn and his team did great! They were very professional and courteous! Considering all the rain we had off and on over the days they were scheduled to paint they did remarkably well on time.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting of Stucco House and Garage

05/12/2017

James P.

Things went well. Work was performed on time and was done well.

Description of Work
Powerwashed entire house. Painted garage door and all house trim

11/23/2016

Elizabeth W.

College works was a nightmare. As they had painted a house in our neighborhood, we had been in discussion with this group for a couple of years. We signed a contract and put down a significant deposit in late April to have our house prepped and painted with a detailed program agreed upon in writing by both sides. Our neighbors had cautioned us that unless it was explicitly stated there would be problems. As spring turned to summer we received excuse after excuse for not starting the project. Then they stopped calling all together and would not return our calls or emails. Finally, we contacted the corporate office which, after more hassle, just said they would not fulfill their commitment. We did in the end get our deposit back in August.

Description of Work
They were contracted to prep and paint the exterior of our home

08/20/2016

Maivkooj L.

Manivanh and her workers were very prompt. They cleaned up after themselves and the house looked beautiful after. We definitely recommend to others!

Description of Work
College Works Painting came out to paint a new coat on my siding and window trims.

08/19/2016

Mickie C.

My husband and I hired Alexis Junker to paint our house. We were extremely impressed with the professionalism and quality of work performed. We were so happy with the attention to detail. Our expectations were exceeded. The crew arrived every day on time and cleaned up after themselves every day. We would definitely recommend her and her company to anyone.

Description of Work
Full exterior painting

Jody A.

they were on time and effective. the entire project was marvelous

Description of Work
Did everything that was promised

April W.

Everything turned out great, it looks awesome!

Description of Work
Stone Anderson did an excellent job painting the trim on my house and garage as well as staining my deck!

Mickie C.

Description of Work
Exterior painting.

07/14/2015

Michele G.

Initial meeting with Riley was very positive. He assured me that they could do an excellent job even though I had an older home with some peeling issues and lead paint issues. Note that the house had been painted twice since the home was new There were some issues in the back with some wood rot but he said he had some carpenters that he could recommend if he could not fix it. He never followed through with that. There were a couple of areas in the addition at the back that had woodpecker damage that he indicated would be filled in and smoothed. My concerns were the peeling paint which Riley indicated they would smooth out and while there would be a few places where they could not get it perfectly smooth, they would be able to get most of the spots very smooth. The quoted price was considerably more than I had expected but Riley indicated that the price was high because of the prep work that needed to be done. When he came back to look at the house further, he advised that they could not power wash the house and could not sand but would scrape to the bare wood so we would have a smooth surface to paint. We again did an inspection and I pointed out the areas that I was concerned with due to aesthetics and he assured me that they would be taken care of. One area was the wall just above the garage. This had extensive peeling and flaking and looked terrible. The other area of concern was the addition at the back of the house. When the workers came and did the prep work, I was concerned because they did some scraping but certainly not down to the bare wood. Riley said that they would be applying a coating that would take care of this. When the primer was applied I again mentioned that I was not happy with the work so far. On June 25 I contacted the home office of College Works and also Marc Blumenthal who I understand runs the Minnesota operations. I asked that someone come out and look at the job before it was "completed". I did hear from a MN supervisor who came out and looked at the work and told me that it was in fact unsatisfactory and he had worked at the house himself four hours with Riley on 6/25 and while there was still more to do, the house looked a lot better and that he would be back. When the work was "completed", I was very unhappy and again contacted College Works and 'insisted' that the supervisor come out and look at the house with me again. He did come to the house (6/29), said there was nothing that could be done on the addition but that he and Riley could do some more scraping and make the front of the house and the area above the garage look better. He said they would do this the end of the week or the first of the following week. Needless to say, I have not seen nor heard from either of them since that visit and no one has come to do anything on the house. There are not a "FEW" places where the paint is not smooth-- there is not a spot more than a foot or two square where the paint IS smooth. You walk up to the front door and everywhere you look there are wavy lines where it is obvious that prep work was shoddy. Even from a distance, the wall above the garage looks horrible. In the back where they painted over the rotted wood there are air pockets and already one area has cracked open. I had assumed that since Riley had not suggested getting any of the wood replaced (he had indicated in our first meetings that he had contacts with contractors that could do the repair work if necessary), he was able to work with it. There are large areas where it looks like they threw some spackle on it and painted directly over the unsanded spackle. I pointed this out several times. I expect the paint to start coming off of the addition any time now. I have lots of pictures and have had neighbors as well as friends comment on the poor workmanship. I am disappointed that I have heard back from any one and the promise to come back was not kept. I mentioned that I had paid for the complete job (in fact actually overpaid) and assume that nothing mattered from then on as College Works had been paid and it didn't matter if I was satisfied. If this project was too much for College Works, I should have been told up front and I would have chosen to side the house rather than paint. I could not recommend College Works Painting to anyone and would be happy to show the work done at my home to anyone even thinking of hiring them.

Description of Work
Exterior Paint

07/13/2015

Mary E.

The job started well. Reviews we'd read were mostly favaorable . Quote was provided. Samples were provided.. The crew personnel varied from day to day as well as start and end times. Our neighbors noted to us several days without progress. Coverage with a single coat was not fully guaranteed as our house had rough texture siding was a tough color to cover over but there were many areas that needed touch up before the end of the job. We've found many more areas since. Coverage should have been better with the spray equipment used. The terms of the contract were technically satisfied and they were paid. We have opted to do the 2nd coat ourselves rather than using the guarantee Our neighbors have now noted the favorable improvement in appearance. Their equipment was stowed nightly but the length of the job (3 + weeks after the start ) was long enough to kill the grass in the stow area. Some paint was spilled on the porch and patio that had dried. The did take safety seriously with thier use of harnesses. Down payment 18May2014 finished 26-Aug-2014.

Description of Work
Painted the house

06/09/2015

Troy P.

I wanted to thank Nick Fritz and his crew at College Works Painting for the great paint job they did on my house. Nick and his team were professional, hard working, and the job was affordable. I would recommend them to anyone needing their house painted. Thanks again, and best wishes to Nick and his crew. Troy Pladson

Description of Work
Prepped and painted my house.

04/24/2015

Marilee C.

Awful, I am still mad about the sloppy, unfinished, unprofessional job: Did not use drop cloths, got paint all over our patio, deck, sidewalks. Did not mask off areas and got paint on window screens, brick trim, painted windows shut. Could not get all the paint off the brick exterior either. Missed LOTS of areas, I am still discovering more of them a year later. We will have to spend hours touching up and painting. Paid for two coats of trim, most areas got only one -especially on the higher trim areas. Washed paint brushes and pans out IN OUR YARD. When we complained, they did in in the neighbors yard! Expensive Got no supervisory response when I called to complain, just got the kid supervisor to come back. He was very apologetic and tried but did not fix/finish all the problems. We spent lots of time pointing out mistakes and skipped areas with him. Although he tried to fix some of the mistakes made, he could not get paint off the brick by our front door and fix the over-painting on the windows, screens, doors and frames. Thought we'd help out college students, but the lack of training, attention to detail, inconsistent crew members and very crude painting skills resulted in a bad paint job.

Description of Work
Was contracted to paint the exterior trim and body of the house.

10/27/2014

DENISE L.

The service was okay. Two to three guys came out and it took them a couple of weeks to complete the job. There was a part of the house that was difficult to work on and they failed to mention that when they did the estimate. The person I worked with was easy to get hold of, responsive and it seemed like he wanted to do a great job. He did respond to some issues I had on one side of the house.

Description of Work
They scraped and painted the exterior of my house.

Blue Painting

Welcome to BLUE Painting. We provide custom interior and exterior painting services for homeowners in The twin cities and their surrounding suburbs. Our focus is in providing a simple start to finish process that ultimately leads to a high quality finished paint job. We'll start by meeting you in your home or business to establish which areas, processes and materials will produce the best result for you paint job. We provide color samples, test patches, and professional color consultations upon request. We'll leave you with a guaranteed price in writing for your completed paint job. A beautiful paint job and a pleasant experience awaits when you pick up the phone and call BLUE Painting.

Award 2022
    JOHNSON'S PAINT SERVICE INC

Family run Business for over 35 years. Experience does matter when it comes to painting done right. I am the owner and I still work on site with my guys. Todd has been with me over 20years. My charges depend on the Job. All my estimates are free and they are all itemized for each item or room done. 10% Discount given for Angies Members.

Offers by JOHNSON'S PAINT SERVICE INC on Angi
    Monarch Painting

Monarch Painting offers reliable service and quality work at reasonable prices. We are fully insured, members of the Better Business Bureau, and have over twenty years combined experience. We can also help with wallpaper removal, light wall repair, and color consultation. • Monarch Painting uses Low or Zero VOC paint for your green painting solutions. Paints, adhesives, and other protective finishes are often formulated with solvents (or VOCs) to improve performance and durability. VOCs are unstable, carbon-containing compounds that readily vaporize into the air. When they enter the air, they react with other elements to produce ozone, which causes air pollution and a host of health issues including breathing problems, headaches, burning, watery eyes and nausea. Some VOCs also have been linked to cancer, as well as kidney and liver damage. • We are an EPA Certified Lead-Safe painting company, which means we take special care to protect our customers from the dangers of older lead-based paints. Award winning.

Check, MasterCard, Visa