COIT Cleaning & Restoration of Minneapolis

Founded 1950 • With Angi since May 2012

4.3

11100 Hampshire Ave S Ste B

Minneapolis, MN 55438

COIT Cleaning and Restoration specializes in professional residential and commercial cleaning services. In addition, we help families and businesses by providing certified 24-hour emergency water, smoke and wind damage Restoration services. COIT is the expert in the cleaning and restoration

06/28/2019

BRIAN B.

After a Coit truck left my driveway following some upholstery cleaning, I found an oil spot on my pavers where the truck had been parked. I called and was told that they could easily remove the spot and would come back to do this at the end of the week. No one showed up or called with an update. This was at the end of April. It is now near the end of June. I have called them at least 6 or 7 times to find out if they would come to remove it. During that period I think they have come either 2 or 3 times to work on this spot which was supposedly easy to remove. I always had to call them since they never left a note or called to say they had been here. The last time they were here was 5 or 6 days ago. The spot is certainly less visible, but it’s still there despite their assurances that it was totally gone. Will not use Coit again. Ever.

Description of Work
Originally hired them to clean upholstery. That was fine, but this review deals with the follow up service to remove oil stain left by parking their truck on my driveway.

Category upholstery cleaning

We are very sorry this process took longer than it should have to resolve. As management we did reach out directly to further listen to their concerns, and we have addressed the areas where we could have handled it better. We did make several trips to address the driveway and from following up, it does seem to be resolved. We've shared our direct contact information in the event anything else is needed or additional follow up on the matter, so that it can get handled smoothly. We value their past & current business and hope there will be another chance for us where we will perform at the highest level.

03/02/2019

Marilyn H.

Outstanding job in all respects. James was polite, efficient, hard-working and professional. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning, grout cleaning, sealing and color.

Category carpet cleaners, ceramic tile

11/08/2018

Geoff C.

Service quality is dependent on skill and pride in work provided by technician. This time we had the best. We now know who to request.

Description of Work
Living areas and master BR carpet cleaned

07/30/2018

Linda D.

Everything went very well. We got an appointment right away and the technician arrived promptly. The technician was courteous, professional and did a great job. There was a lot of dust and dirt! I am so happy I finally got this done. I am planning to hire them again for another relative's home.

Description of Work
Air duct and furnace cleaning

Category air duct cleaning

07/25/2018

Eileen F.

Flawless in every aspect. Punctual, professional, and accurate in every detail.

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning in townhome.

07/08/2018

Nancy K.

Very satisfied. They look brand new. Will have Coit back for carpet.

Description of Work
2 large loose cushioned sofas

Category carpet cleaners, upholstery cleaning

01/01/2018

Arian F.

Completely unprofessional! Rude and talked down to both me and then my husband too. Price was twice what I was quoted so I had to cut out a few things they told me were included. I noticed bleached streaks on my one carpet and the other barely looked any different. I was told, “The man giving the quote is just there to get the sale. It’s my job to be honest with you.” Uh, what? Yep! That’s what the cleaner from Coit told me. I will NEVER use Coit ever again!

Description of Work
cleaning of area rugs & stairs

10/10/2017

Maya F.

Great service! Did an excellent job.

Description of Work
I had my basement carpets cleaned and 1 bedroom done

09/26/2017

robert M.

The cleaning could have been better. They could make sure the upholstery was cleaner.

Description of Work
Cleaning chairs and carpet

07/27/2017

Barbara and Thomas M.

It went beautifully. Everything was clean and any furniture or movable items were put back in their original positions, making it easy for the space to be livable again. The technician was Henry and he was polite and did everything needed in an efficient way. We will ask for him specifically to come again the next time our things need cleaning.

Description of Work
Our carpets were cleaned, plus two reclining chairs.

Category carpet cleaners, upholstery cleaning

05/16/2017

DANA L.

Very good. Carpet was very dirty and was contemplating replacing it but it cleaned up good enough.

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning of a rental unit

02/17/2017

Lisa V.

The first cleaning, pretty clear the guy didn't care and he left several obvious spots on the carpet. New guy comes back -just showed up-no call-less than a week later after we complained to clean and said the spots are new or dog peed on carpet. Dog can't get down stairs, little dog, big gate, and they were NOT new spots. We are baby boomers that barely use the room. THEN-neighbor saw him leaving and asked for bid. Told her that we re-stained the carpet and then gave her a price that was $100 more for less area. Not a nice person at all. No more Coit for us.

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning upstairs and downstairs

02/09/2017

Chris F.

Great! Our cleaning specialist did his usual efficient job in giving us an estimate and cleaning the carpets. He even gave us an estimate on cleaning and sealing our granite countertops.

Description of Work
Need carpeting cleaned.

01/13/2017

Nancy G.

Jason was very punctual and professional. He was very honest about what cleaning could or could not do for stains. We were very pleased with his work, and decided to use other Coit cleaning services as well. Coit has also cleaned our HVAC ducts.

Description of Work
New Year's Resolution: Clean the carpet. Finally! Cleaned the stairs and the heavily traveled path between the doors.

12/16/2016

Samantha D.

Well their pricing was outrageous, their service I mean the tech was nice I mean he seemed knowledgeable and stuff like that but it's like you know I'm paying an heck of a lot of money, I'm moving all the furniture, I'm doing all the work and all he do is he just sweeps and stuff like that I could do that so it's like whatever but whatever I don't know. I used them years ago probably about five years ago and that was like why are you charging me three times the price for, I got the same damn house, it hasn't grown any, I don't have any more carpets than I had before but your charging me three times the price. well it's the economy I'm like I don't get three times the pay why do you get three time the pay for doing the same damn job. I still have soil filtration stains and they said they can't take care of it and I'm like well who the hell can if you can't your a national organization you can't take care of it who the hell can.

Description of Work
I used COIT Cleaning & Restoration of Minneapolis for carpet cleaning services. I've had my carpets cleaned this year by COIT.

11/20/2016

Jonann L.

I think they did a great job. I was very nervous about my drapes since they are a delicate fabric and took someone who knew what they were doing. They cleaned the cornices and furniture on site but took down the drapes and took them in to be dry cleaned. The assured me they would be measures and blocked, with each panel going back to the spot it was before. Then look so clean and fresh. They also took my large area rugs (12x15) into the shop and hand washed them. They look great.

Description of Work
draperies and cornices cleaned as well as many pieces of furniture and carpets.

Category carpet cleaners, drapery cleaning, upholstery cleaning, air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning

10/20/2016

Terry L.

Perhaps the employees are encouraged to finish a job quickly and get on to the next(??) I don't really know. Given the good condition of our carpet and the fact that we had already moved most items out of the rooms, this was an easy job for them. They said what one person could move by himself would be moved, except for electronics. When he started cleaning around the two bedside stands, I asked if they could please be moved. He said "but then they would need pads put underneath the legs until the carpet dried." Sensing his reluctance, I said I would move them myself while he went to the truck for some pads. He was obviously displeased, and when he left to get the pads he commented "I don't know what could be under there". I moved the nightstands myself, he cleaned behind and under where they were, and I moved them back. It was a struggle for me to get the pads placed underneath the legs by myself. He did not help and went about cleaning. In the dining room, he pulled the hose over the dining room pedestal legs. I quickly repositioned the hose and pushed the table away, as it was on sliders. After he left, I found he had not moved the two chairs in the den, and just cleaned around them. I am a light weight older woman and I can move them. The whole time here, he moved the cleaning tool back and forth across the carpet quite fast. Coit is at the top of the price scale and I thought that would equate to better cleaning. My neighbor recently had Stanley Steamer and they moved anything they were asked, and did a better job for less money.

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning of 5 rooms

09/23/2016

Lucille L.

They were very polite. I was very satisfied with their service.

Description of Work
They cleaned my livingroom and hall.

08/20/2016

Randy Z.

It was not the greatest. They seemed like they were just trying to get it done. They rushed through it and did not do as complete a job as they could have done. It seemed like they were hurried and not attentive to details. They were here on time.

Description of Work
We had COIT here to do some duct cleaning, carpet cleaning and furniture, too.

Category carpet cleaners, upholstery cleaning, air duct cleaning

08/06/2016

Melissa W.

I was told that the cleaning to be done at the time of the estimate. That was incorrect so I had to block off a separate window. They came out the next day to do the cleaning. Cannot take the vent covers off so those did not get cleaned well. They also broke a window covering outside over a basement window. Promised they would come out the next day to replace that and when I hadn't heard from them by the next week I called and express my frustrations to a manager. They sent the same crew back out and they seemed annoyed with me. Tried to explain to me why the vent covers couldn't come clean what did go replace the broken window covering. Not an apology for the delay or anything. They were supposed to re clean the vents when they came out but once again explain to me why that couldn't be done and that they would contact manager. Still waiting to hear back from that manager they contacted. For $30 event I would expect that each of them were cleaned well.

Description of Work
Vents and dryer vent.

Category air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning

07/21/2016

therese M.

Another provider cleaned air ducts the same day as the carpeting was cleaned. After he left I noticed a dark stain on the carpet that had just been cleaned. The stain was greasy, about 2" in diameter and I surmised it was from equipment used by this provider. I used a strong spot cleaner to try to remove it but it was a worse problem than I thought it would be. I continued to work on the stain and after many applications of the cleaner I was able to get almost all the stain out. But I wish I had called Coit immediately and reported the problem.

Description of Work
Provider cleaned carpeting in 2 rooms, hall,stairs, landing at bottom of stairs. some areas badly soiled and those areas were thoroughly cleaned.

Category carpet cleaners, air duct cleaning

05/18/2016

Mike S.

It could not have gone any better. The technician showed up exactly when he said he would, did the estimate, we agreed on the price, he brought in his equipment, protected all the furniture and walls from potential scratching and scuffing with all of the hoses and then did the entire job quickly and efficiently. Coit provided exactly the kind of service that I wanted, "when" I wanted it and at a fair price. Can't beat that with a stick and I'd most certainly use Coit services again.

Description of Work
Thoroughly cleaned my carpets

02/21/2016

Lynn N.

I needed my living room drapes cleaned. Coit came and picked them up and delivered them back to me in one week cleaned and pressed. These drapes are very good drapes but are 30 years old and Coit did a beautiful job. They brought them back and hung them for me. Very courteous people and easy to do business with. I would definitely recommend them. It maybe sounds a little expensive, but for the service I feel it's well worth it for my result. I will use them in the future for other jobs.

Description of Work
Drapery cleaning

Category carpet cleaners, drapery cleaning, alterations, window treatments

12/01/2015

Kathy R.

Cleaning was fine. There was a 40 percent discount which is why we used Coit. We needed installation of drapery hardware and remounting valances (after a remodeling project). This was written on the work order. The people who brought the drapes back after cleaning didn't know how to install the drapery rods or valance so another appointment was made for the appropriate person to do the install. He did a very good job. But afterwards we were told that we owed an additional $70 due to the charges of this installer. We spoke with the manager and she said that the install charges shouldn't have been discounted with the 40 percent discount and so the work order was written wrong. We paid the additional charge but feel the company should have honored the price we were given and written on the work order. The manager's attitude wasn't apologetic about this and just wanted the money. She commented that she couldn't force us to pay but we did anyway. For the amount of money we spent on duct cleaning and drapery cleaning, I think the company should have just let it go.

Description of Work
Duct cleaning and drapery cleaning.

10/23/2015

Patricia W.

I was very unhappy with them. They did not do what I considered to be a thorough job. I've had my carpets cleaned before by others. They didn't prop the furniture up. They supposedly cleaned the carpet in the bedroom but I could still see dust under the bed, so they didn't clean under there. I know they're not going to get all the spots out, especially since I have cats, but it just wasn't a thorough job and that's not what I paid that much money for. I used them before and had good experiences with them, so it may have just been that particular team or particular day. I was extremely unhappy with them.

Description of Work
They cleaned my carpets.

Jag Tax Management

JAG Tax Management and Financial Services has 35 years in the tax industry. We settle your tax debt for the least possible amount and get you back on track with the IRS and State so that levies and garnishments don't interfere with your life. We're #1 at getting the best resolutions, whether it be back taxes, payroll, un-filed taxes, etc. You name it, we handle it when it comes to taxes of financial services. So stop stressing and call us now.

A-Plus Carpet Cleaning

Please call our Office today to schedule estimate at 612-386-7909 US Army Veteran owned and operated! A-Plus Carpet Cleaners is a small business in every sense of the word. Locally owned and operated since 1993, owners Paul and Jim have a combined 50+ years of experience cleaning carpet and upholstery. With an unparalleled commitment to customer satisfaction, one or both of the owners will show up at every job. Our company goal is to make our customers happy! Contact us today for a quote. Note: To ensure a quick response, please include your phone number in your email request. A-Plus Carpet Cleaners is a locally owned business since 1993 with a combined 50+ years of experience cleaning carpet and upholstery. With an unparalleled commitment to customer satisfaction, we have over 1500 five-star ratings on Angi's and have earned the Angi's Super Service award for 21 years straight! One of the owners is present at each job. Call us today at 612-386-7909! ***Discount Pricing for Neighbors*** Hey Neighbors! Schedule your cleaning with one or more neighbors and we'll offer a discount to each of you. Please call Paul at 612-386-7909 for more details

2022 Super Service Award

Offers by A-Plus Carpet Cleaning on Angi
    C and J Home Services

We specialize in tile installs and repairs. We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express

Carpet Cleaning, guard & protection, deodorizer, pet stain treatment | Drapery, Blind, Shade Cleaning & Installation | Upholstery Cleaning, guard & protection, deodorizer | Tile & Grout Cleaning & Sealing | Natural Stone Cleaning, Sealing, Polishing and Marble & Granite | Air Duct Cleaning, HVAC & Dryer Vent Cleaning | Area Rug Cleaning: Persian, Oriental & Specialty Rugs | Laminate, Engineered Wood, & Hard Wood Cleaning | Concrete Cleaning & Power Washing | Water/Fire/Smoke Damage Restoration