CertaPro Painters of Minneapolis South and St. Louis Park

Founded 2014 • With Angi since January 2015

CertaPro Painters Minneapolis is a professional residential and commercial painting company that services the greater Minneapolis, MN area. Our painters specialize in both residential and commercial painting services. Whether your project is big or small, our trained painters can take care of all your house painting needs. We are certain that we will be able to exceed your expectations. After all, we are the Minneapolis, MN house painting company of certainty.

Minority Owned & OperatedMinority Owned & Operated
Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español

Pool Room

interior painting

202255125
Walls and trim in pool room were damaged due to failure in HVAC system
Pool Room project

South Minneapolis

house painting

201955406
View project

house painting (24)interior painting (18)wallpaper removal (1)
William F.
01/04/2023
Jose and team accommodated a tight move-in schedule. They were professional and the work was high-quality all in all I would not hesitate to hire them again.
Description of Work
Wall repair ceiling and trim through the whole house.
$6,500
Richard V.
09/21/2022
Jose and his crew showed up on time on schedule, and did an absolutely outstanding job. I would hire them again in a minute, if and when I have another project.
Description of Work
Painted interior of entire home.
wallpaper removal, interior painters
Chris C.
07/21/2022
The actual painting went reasonably well. The team that did the painting was very nice, warm and hard working. It took much longer than was expected and there were some bumps (broke a window, broke tiles on the roof) - but nothing major and the painting itself looked great (at first). The challenge started AFTER the crew was done. The owner agreed after reviewing the broken roof tiles that he would cover the costs of replacing (I had taken before / after pictures which clearly showed they were broken as a result of the painting). When I sent the owner the bill he first didn't respond for months and then he conveniently "didn't recall" this agreement (and stated he would have run it through his insurance). Now we have all sorts of paint chipping, coming off in large patches. I contacted Certa as our warranty will expire in a couple of months. After not hearing back for a couple of weeks I sent another email to the warranty inbox. They said they've notified the owner. Still nothing. Now over one month later (and 3 follow ups) and I still have not heard. My bet is I will hear from the owner once the warranty period has expired. Or that he "doesn't recall" a warranty.

Review for CertaPro Painters of Minneapolis South and St. Louis Park - 7333 Gallagher Dr, Minneapolis, MN - 39806224Review for CertaPro Painters of Minneapolis South and St. Louis Park - 7333 Gallagher Dr, Minneapolis, MN - 39806224
Description of Work
House painted
Lorrie O.
11/06/2021
The crew was amazing. 3 man crew was highly professional. They kept us informed every step of the way, kept everything as clean as possible, and did a professional paint job. They even found their own mistakes and fixed them. This was all done for a very reasonable price. I can't say enough about how happy we are with this job.
Description of Work
Remove Popcorn ceiling in Living Room, Paint ceilings and walls in Living room, Dining room, and Kitchen. Repair drywall areas.
$4,000
TOM G.
10/04/2021
They did a great job at a great price. Jose was easy to work with and when we had one minor issue with clean-up he made sure it was fixed and we were satisfied.
Description of Work
Paint all exterior woodwork on stucco two-story home.
$2,500
Mary K.
01/28/2021
Cleaning was a chore because of paint splatter. Bleeding happened and walls where 2 walls met they over lapped in color
Description of Work
Painting interior walls and ceiling
house painters, interior painters
Fabian H.
07/30/2020
The final product was impeccable. It took a lot longer than I had expected, but maybe that's the way these projects worked. I was also surprised at the intrusiveness of the project into my life (I had to move out with my pet for a few days) but in the end, it was worth it because the finished product was amazing. PS, I'm sure I'm not the most patient client he's ever had, but even I could not deny the results.
Description of Work
skim coating and complete repainting of townhouse.
grant P.
07/29/2020
Everything went very smoothly. Jerry Enos was easy to work with and work was performed exactly as promised. I would have him do other work for me again, and would highly recommend him to others.
Description of Work
exterior house painted
$4,800
Jeffrey C.
07/28/2020
As some of the other reviews say, they do an awesome job and the house looks amazing. Even better is that as of today, about 2 months after the work, I have gotten at least 30 compliments from strangers walking past the house- it’s a vibrant blue color and looks absolutely great! That said, many reviews here also mention issues with communication and responsiveness. When I got my bid I hadn’t chosen a color so the bid was for repainting the same color. In the bid it was written “owner will inform later of the exact color to be used”— but when I chose the color and both texted and emailed the owner, I didn’t get replies. When I asked the guys on site if it was going to be blue, they replied, uh yeah whatever your contract says.” Forward to the big painting day- the workers arrived with huge buckets of Gray paint- they’d used a paint chip to repaint the exact same color (!). As luck would have it, I was home and asked if those were blue paint buckets. They said it’s what you asked for .... uhh no. So— would I recommend them and use them again? 100% yes! Why? Excellent painters, on time, super friendly, Price was the best I got, and they have a great owner. However, you do need to be sure to be very specific and RE check everything.

Review for CertaPro Painters of Minneapolis South and St. Louis Park - 7333 Gallagher Dr, Minneapolis, MN - 38753805
Description of Work
Exterior painting job
$6,500
JoEllen B.
04/10/2020
Jose's crew were polite, professional, and efficient. We would not hesitate to recommend Jose to our friends and family.
Description of Work
Exterior Painting
Hire Again?

Hi [Member Name Removed], thank you for your kind words. It was very nice meeting you, and a pleasure working for you.
Chet S.
03/19/2020
I had a very positive experience with CertaPro (Jose Oller) Painters. We had the complete exterior of our house painted; Jose's team of painters were punctual, efficient and most importantly the quality was top notch. The weather turned on us after day 1, Jose's team came back and finished the job promptly without any follow up from my side. Our house is the best looking one on the block. :) I highly recommend Jose Oller/CertaPro Painters of South Minneapolis & St. Louis Park.

Review for CertaPro Painters of Minneapolis South and St. Louis Park - 7333 Gallagher Dr, Minneapolis, MN - 38451696
Description of Work
Full Exterior painting of single family home and garage.
$5,000
Hire Again?

Thank you very much [Member Name Removed]. It was very nice working for you, and a plasure meeting you.
Barb T.
02/13/2020
Mr. Oller, the local franchise owner, listened carefully as we explained our project and offered helpful suggestions. Then he made a bid from the detailed data he collected from each area needing paint. His paint team took care with our furnishing and wood floors and worked on days most convenient for us. All work was completed for the estimated price, which was $2000 less than the bid from another company that made a bid. The work definitely looks professionally done and we just love it.
Description of Work
CentraPro painted dark woodwork and doors in six interior rooms and knotty pine panelled walls and woodwork in two additional rooms of our 1950's-built home.
Fabian H.
03/14/2019
It went well mostly and the work was really first rate. He responded to my frantic calls and was gentle and professional. I'm sure I wasn't the easiest client he's ever dealt with, but he sure was a professional.
Description of Work
removed my popcorn ceiling and painted the entire house including cabinets
Hire Again?

Good morning [Member Name Removed], Thank you very much for your kind words. It was a pleasure for us to turn your home into what you wanted it to be. Best regards, Jose
Steve B.
12/18/2018
Out wooden house has white paining but it cracked and they repainted the house. Some doors were rotted and needed replaced, they got everything done for me and I am very very please with the results. I would highly recommend them.
Description of Work
Exterior painting
Hire Again?

Thank you Mr. [Member Name Removed] for your kind words. It was very nice meeting you, and a pleasure working for you. Happy Holidays, Jose
Denny B.
12/18/2018
This company did an excellent job. Their price was competitive, they were fast, and the process was overall easy. I would recommend them.
Description of Work
Exterior painting.
house painters, interior painters
Hire Again?

Thank you very much [Member Name Removed] it is always a pleasure to be able to serve you. Happy Holidays, Jose
Gwen H.
12/18/2018
They did a great job. They were very professional, thorough, and personable. I would recommend them.
Description of Work
Interior painting, kitchen cabinets.
Paul B.
12/18/2018
They were pretty good. The price seemed reasonable and they did a fantastic job.
Description of Work
Exterior painting on the front and sides of the house along with some brick work on the bottom of the house.
Hire Again?

Thank you for your kind words Mr. [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure working for you. Happy Holidays, Jose
Kayla H.
08/22/2018
José's team did an excellent job on the house and were patient with all of my requests and changes of date. His team arrived promptly and were happy to make accommodations for some additional work that we wanted to be done. Would definitely hire them again!
Description of Work
Exterior of home
Hire Again?

Thank you for your kind words [Member Name Removed]. It was nice meeting you and your husband, and a pleasure working for you. Happy Holidays, Jose
Stuart S.
07/16/2018
Good quality workmanship with fair pricing. Big help as Jose suggested a color consult with Sherwin Williams which helped us nail the right color.
Description of Work
Exterior House Painting
$6,000
Hire Again?

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure working for you. Happy Holidays, Jose
Johnny G.
08/11/2017
CertaPro Minneapolis South and St. Louis Park came in with the most reasonable bid, and I decided to go with them because the owner, Jose, seemed to be the most genuine out of the 5-6 representatives who came out to give me an estimate. The only negative I have is that after I signed the contract, I wasn't given a firm project start date and it was a little difficult getting a response from someone. A few weeks after signing the contract, I received a call 2-3 days before the crew was able to start the project. I made it work and got things ready in time for them to start prepping. The project manager, Antonio, and his crew were awesome! They worked into the evening and around weather to ensure that the project was done in a timely manner. The crew was very friendly and appreciative of cold drinks in the hot summer sun. The paint looks great, I'm happy with the warranty terms and I found my painter for the future. I'd definitely hire Jose and his team again, and I highly recommend them to anyone looking to save some time and money on your next home paint project.

Review for CertaPro Painters of Minneapolis South and St. Louis Park - 7333 Gallagher Dr, Minneapolis, MN - 36355412Review for CertaPro Painters of Minneapolis South and St. Louis Park - 7333 Gallagher Dr, Minneapolis, MN - 36355412Review for CertaPro Painters of Minneapolis South and St. Louis Park - 7333 Gallagher Dr, Minneapolis, MN - 36355412Review for CertaPro Painters of Minneapolis South and St. Louis Park - 7333 Gallagher Dr, Minneapolis, MN - 36355412
Description of Work
The paint job on the exterior of my home had seen better days. I purchased the home 7 years ago in 2010 and the paint was beginning to peel and flake off due to heavy exposure to the sun. I didn't have the time to take off work to complete the job myself, so I wanted to see what the pros could offer.
$4,700
Jorge T.
06/17/2017
Jose and his team were extremely personable, professional and courteous. Jose did multiple estimates for me for various parts of the house, and his pricing was more than fair. The team did a phenomenal job, with great attention to detail, and even patched up and repaired holes in some external wood stairs on my property. The house looks good as new now! Overall, I really recommend these folks, you will not be disappointed.
Description of Work
Our external paint was looking worn and patchy, especially trim areas. We wanted to at least repaint the trim, but had other areas that needed work too.
$4,300
Mark E.
05/15/2017
Jose and his crew were excellent to work with and they even painted a few things at no additional charge, such as the front wooden steps and couple of details on a second-floor window that was in need of special attention. Jose's communication through the entire process was simply excellent. Would not hesitate to hire again.
Description of Work
Exterior painting of the wood trim on out house, including the eaves, soffitt, etc., the front and rear three-season porches. The main part of the house exterior is stucco, which was not painted.
$4
Nora H.
03/18/2017
The painters would arrive at 8:30 A.M. and leave at 4:30 P.M. March 8, 2017 was the scheduled date. The subcontractor, Victor, and his painters arrived at 9:30 on the day. There was a misunderstanding about painting the wall. Apparently, it was overlooked in the contract. Victor agreed to have the wall painted for $50.00. This money was to be paid directly to him, rather than CertaPro. Victor said he needed to buy some wall patch material and left with his team. He returned about 4 ½ hours later. He said he was delayed because he had to make a delivery to a customer. One painter came along to begin painting. He worked hard and finished the job at 8:00 PM. Victor came and looked at the work and decided that one area needed more attention. We scheduled another appointment for the next morning. This work was finished in a couple of hours. The work was done well. However, there was a minor problem with a light switch. The dimmer no longer worked. Victor took the switch plate off and put it back on. It works fine now. After they left, I noticed some fine scratches on my refrigerator door that were not there before. I think it happened when the painter moved the fridge to paint the wall. The scratches are small and near the top of the door, so they are not too obvious.
Description of Work
After reading the reviews on Angie’s List, I chose CertaPro Minneapolis south and St. Louis Park to paint the trim in my kitchen. I wanted the window frames, some moldings and a small area behind the stove painted. There was also a poorly done wall patch that needed to be redone. Jose came out right away to look at the kitchen. We discussed the details and I signed a contract. Jose said the work would be done in a day.
$370
Dale T.
12/27/2016
It went very well. After trying to remove the wallpaper, the painters in consultation with the company's owner, decided to skim coat the walls in the kitchen, half bath, living room, and dining room before painting them. The stained bedroom ceiling required extensive repair before painting. The painters had to remove the textured ceiling in the stained area, scrape in down, and retexture the ceiling before painting it. The painter removed the cabinet doors and the drawers and sprayed them with a base coat and a final coat of paint. They replaced the new hardware on the cabinet doors and drawers before reattaching the cabinets and replacing the drawers. Painting my townhouse required expertise and patience. Just FYI: the owner, who does not paint, came by to check on the project every day and also to speak with me. Also, the painters removed an empty 4-drawer file cabinet and the top of a heavy computer desk and put them in the dumpster before painting the upstairs office--this was not part of their job, and I appreciate their doing it.
Description of Work
Painted walls and ceilings of my 1200 sq. ft. townhome, which has some ugly areas. The kitchen had wall paper that need to be removed, the downstairs half bath had wallpaper paste to be removed, and one wall in the dining room and one wall in the living room had exposed drywall where wall paper had been inexpertly removed. In the roof had leaked into one of the bedrooms, badly staining the ceiling. Also, the kitchen cabinet fronts and drawer fronts needed to be repainted and new hardware installed.
$6,600
Kim N.
10/05/2016
Excellent response time,superior workmanship. Job done when promised. Though it was a small job Jose treated us as if we were a large customer. We surely would use him again.
Description of Work
Garage door painting.

Phone