Castle Building & Remodeling

Founded 1977 • With Angi since November 2004

4.4

2710 E 33rd St

Minneapolis, MN 55406

Design Showroom Locations: -2600 Johnson Street NE, Minneapolis, MN 55418 -362 Snelling Ave South, St. Paul, MN 55105 -5 W. Diamond Lake Road, Minneapolis, MN 55419 -4020 Minnehaha Ave South, Minneapolis, MN 55406 Castle Building & Remodeling Inc is a professional design/build remodeling company
PROJECT 3587-1 project
PROJECT 3587-1

home remodeling

202155406

10/09/2019

Matthew S.

Castle was great to work with. Emily, our designer, came up with a great design and really listened to what we wanted rather than push her own ideas on us. Construction was on schedule and very organized. General communication with the project manager could have been a little better, but he always responded to emails promptly. There were also a few minor issues with cleaning up that were promptly addressed. I will be using them again when we get around to our bathrooms. The price was comparable to other companies and the quality was excellent.

Description of Work
Full kitchen remodel along with new flooring in living room and new stair railing.

Category countertops, flooring contractor, interior designers, woodworking, home remodeling

09/28/2019

Jonathan C.

Overall work was fine - all contractors I came in contact with were very professional and respectful. Replies to emails were not very responsive. Never was given a timeline or estimate of what was supposed to be accomplished each week.

Description of Work
New bathroom tile, vanities, toilet installation, new light fixtures throughout house, crown molding.

Category electrician, lighting, remodeling, ceiling fans, home remodeling, interior painters

11/30/2018

CRAIG J.

This project took nine weeks just as projected. They were able to keep almost perfectly to the master day by day schedule. All trades staff and subs were professional and did high quality work. Electrician Mitch was excellent. Designer Ashley H. and project manager Steve were great communicators and visited the site often enough to keep progress on track and anticipate and head off problems, of which there were very few. I liked the flexibility offered by the company to get some savings-self painting and self purchase of sink, backsplash tile, disposer, and cabinet handles, so I could research quality and price. I chose Castle because they had experience and a focus on homes of my era and I was not disappointed! I had heard enough horror stories of projects gone wrong to go with perhaps a little higher cost remodeler that was excellent-money well spent to eliminate hassles. Comprehensive, detailed plans, detailed bid, great workers, on time= a happy homeowner here. I would highly recommend them for any kitchen project!

Description of Work
Total remodel of kitchen in 1949 vintage home

Category custom cabinets, countertops, electrician, flooring contractor, insulation, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

Thanks for the kind review, [Member Name Removed]! We are so happy you are pleased with your remodeling experience. It was wonderful working with you!

11/09/2018

Linda F.

We were so pleased with the work Castle did remodeling our first floor in 2016, that we contacted them for our unfinished basement remodeling project. Mark, our designer, spent a lot of time with us on the design, answering lots of questions, and helping us to use the space effectively, We were able to get a family room, laundry room, half bath, a large shop area, and plenty of storage. Castle was great to work with from start to finish. Both projects were completed on time, with excellent quality. Their project management staff were responsive to any concerns or changes we had during the project and we are very pleased with the results. I would definitely contact Castle again if we had future remodeling projects!

Description of Work
Basement Remodel

Category countertops, flooring contractor, insulation, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

Thanks for the review!! It was a pleasure working with you and we are DELIGHTED to hear how much you love your new space!

02/02/2018

mark L.

Castle was wonderful to work with. The designer (Ashley H) worked well with us to design a project that was satisfying and within our budget. Both the construction manager (Steve) and Ashley were very responsive, communicative, warm and friendly, and worked with us closely throughout the design and build process. We received regular updates about building schedules, advice on how to prepare for different phases of building and were helpful with advice on changes/choices we had to make re: plumbing, wall configurations, etc. Overall, we had a very satisfying experience and the finished work is high quality. They were on-time (almost always) and stayed on budget. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Half bath and coat closet installation on first floor. Installation of storage cabinets, tech tube on first floor and upstairs bathroom. Replacement of kitchen ceiling. Remodeling/fixing second floor bathroom, which included tub replacement, toilet replacement, and re-tiling. Re-finishing all wood floors on the first floor, and refinishing wood stairway between first and second floor. Painting walls and ceilings of kitchen, living room, bathroom, 2nd bathroom, new closet, bathroom on the 2nd floor, staircase. Replacing bathroom exhaust fans. Replacing front storm door. Tiling back entryway. Replacing/installing new light/fan fixtures in the living room, new bathroom, new hallway. Installing new ductless mini-split system on first floor, second floor and third floor. Fixing baseboard issues in bedroom closet. Fixing various indoor doors.

Category custom cabinets, contractors, ceramic tile, closet systems, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, heating & air conditioning/hvac, interior designers, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, ceiling fans, architect, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

01/29/2018

Mary V.

I received a couple of emails from Castle indicating their receipt of my email and that one of their designers would contact me to discuss my projects further before sending someone out to the house to do a preliminary estimate. I expected when she called that she would ask me some questions about the size of the bathroom space and what I wanted to change with the remodel. However, without knowing any of that information, she first asked if I had reviewed the information on their web site, which I had. Then she stated that she wanted to make sure I understood how much a bathroom remodel would cost before they sent someone out to the house to give an estimate, and she stated that most of the remodels they have been doing cost $25-35K, and was I prepared to spend that much? Therefore, without knowing the size of my space, whether or not any plumbing would have to be moved, what specific materials I wanted, etc, she made it quite clear that Castle Remodeling could not do a space for less than that amount. (Just to be clear, I have already had 2 other company reps out to the house to look at the space, and they did not indicate the cost would be that high.) This is not my first bathroom remodel, and I know they can be expensive. However, I also know that anyone can do a beautiful remodel on a small bathroom for $30K. However, it takes creativity to be able to work with a client who has smaller but still realistic budget - to choose a layout and materials that focus on quality, function, and beauty - without requiring everything to be high end. I felt like her tone was very condescending, and she did not recognize that the company could have had a customer for many years and many projects if she would have been more willing to work with me. The conversation left me feeling like Castle is only interested in high end remodels, and not in doing remodels in more modest homes. When I work with a company that is willing to be creative and where I am treated with respect, I am a great customer. I make decisions and don't request major changes mid project, I pay my bills, I remain loyal to that company, I refer my friends, and I write glowing reviews. I feel this Castle employee blew an opportunity today to not only gain my business but other business I could have brought to them.

Description of Work
I have a list of several interior and exterior projects that i would like to have completed over the next several years, and I'm hoping to find a company capable of completing the projects on my list that I can work with over time to bring my home to it's potential. I'm not wealthy, and I have a modest home, but I have done remodeling projects on previous homes and am fairly realistic about what is involved. I sent an email to several companies including Castle explaining this goal, listing my projects, and highlighting my priority projects for this year which include replacing ~500sq ft of carpeting with a hard surface flooring (probably vinyl plank) in my upstairs bedroom area, and also doing a total gut and remodel of the bathroom in my finished basement area.

Category flooring contractor, home remodeling

Hi [Member Name Removed], First of all I want to apologize for making you feel as though we were being condescending towards you. That is never our intention and we always try to treat everyone (whether a client or not) with the upmost respect. We deeply regret that your experience was disappointing. Thank you for writing this review to let us know! I have spoken to the design manager whom you had a conversation with and she feels terrible. She also noted that you were very thorough in your online form so she felt she already had a good idea of the project you were wanting - that may have come across as though she was skipping over those details. In our experience, the cost of a remodel is not well represented on TV and is usually the biggest barrier for our potential clients. Therefore, as part of our business model we do try to have the budget conversation upfront even though they may be uncomfortable. We would hate to have you fall in love with a bathroom design that wouldn't work financially, leaving you disappointed and feeling as though we wasted your time. I see from your review that you have had two other companies out to give you a bid and they did not indicate the cost would be as high as we estimated. While I cannot speak for other remodelers, one thing we pride ourselves on is providing upfront pricing. Other companies in this industry have a bad rep for giving initially lower cost estimates and then surprising you with charges later. This is something we avoid completely and try to give our clients the most realistic budget estimates that we can right away. It is not our intention to make any excuses for your bad experience with us. We just wanted to explain where we were coming from and again, we apologize for this lapse in communication which made you feel disrespected. If there is anything we can do to make it right, please reach out to the owner directly via email to discuss further. Take care! -Colleen Bursaw Marketing Manager Castle Building & Remodeling Inc.

09/29/2017

Mary M.

The remodel went very well. This was the only bathroom in the house and no major problems were encountered. Everyone was very prompt in responding to questions/concerns, keeping me up to date on the project progress. Everyone I encountered was great to work with.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

08/17/2017

shanna H.

Everyone we worked with was extremely professional and knowledgeable. They came out to the house to measure and find out what we were interested in. About a week later we met at their showroom to go over the beautiful design they came up with. We decided against doing such a big project but will definitely call Castle when we're ready to go ahead.

Description of Work
We had Castle Building & Remodeling out to do a Kitchen Design package that would involve insulating our back porch and adding a laundry room. We opted not to do the project at the time but were blown away by how they paid attention to every little detail. The plan we received was beautiful and guarantee they offered showed how confident they are about their work.

Category home remodeling

Thanks for your kind words, [Member Name Removed]! Please do give us a call when you're ready to start your project! :)

06/14/2017

SHANNA H.

We had Castle come out to give us an estimate on insulating and finishing the three season back porch to extend kitchen and add a laundry room and bathroom. We decided against doing the remodel since we hope to move but the plan and estimate, which included gutting the current kitchen, were great. (FYI, this review and estimate is several years old now.)

Description of Work
Remodel kitchen/back porch

Category countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation, plumbing, siding, replacement windows, architect, home remodeling

06/03/2017

Steve H.

Great. Our designer (Mark) was very easy to work with and had lots of great ideas. He listened to our ideas, and provided feedback. Through years of this type of work, Castle has lots of experience to bring to this type of project. When we got stuck on choices of finishes, Castle provided design help (Emily) with that as well. Our project manager, who we saw often at our home (Scott) was great to work with. The whole team we worked with was professional, friendly, attentive and responsive. Their goal was always complete customer satisfaction.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel with addition. We have a south Minneapolis home built in the 1930s and the kitchen was a little small, poorly laid out and very outdated. We hired Castle to design and construct our kitchen dream.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, insulation, interior designers, plumbing, roofing, replacement windows, woodworking, drain pipe, architect, home remodeling, interior painters

Thank you for choosing Castle and for sharing your feedback!

05/12/2017

Matthew R.

I walked into the show room in NE Minneapolis, and the man behind the desk in the back was on the phone. He said to wait until he was done. So I did. Then afterward he stayed at his desk where in the back room and yelled out to the front room, "You need something?". "Yes, " I replied. (Why else would I be here if I didn't, I wondered in my head.) The first thing he said to me after telling him my remodeling needs was, "You know a lot of people think that remodeling isn't that expensive but it is. Most people think that it's 5 or 10 grand. It's not. What you've mentioned is in the 20 grand and maybe up to 100 grand range. Can you do that?" He doesn't know anything about me. But because I looked young, he didn't want to waste any of his time finding out about me or my needs before he thought I could pay him. I told him I was uncomfortable with his sales approach and left.

Description of Work
I needed a bathroom put in on the first floor of my house and the attic finished.

Category home remodeling

[Member Name Removed], I would like to apologize about the poor service you received at our [Member Information Removed] Showroom. It is unacceptable and lazy. We have severed ties with the employee you interacted with and appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Take care. Loren Schirber Owner/Business Manager Email: loren at [Removed Hyperlink]

03/30/2017

Valerie J.

The new kitchen is beautiful. The project manager left great communication everyday. We always knew what to expect and they took care of our house, things and dog! The workmanship of the Castle team is exceptional and every little detail was attended to promptly. One word about pricing, Castle was not the lowest bid we received for our project. Even though we spent more than we wanted to, the value for our money was great and we would chose them again and again. Castle is an easy company to trust.

Description of Work
Castle Building & Remodeling renovated our 1957 original kitchen. The project involved taking down two walls and a complete re-design of the space. Every step was clearly communicated, the staff was respectful and talented and it all happened on schedule.

03/01/2017

Jim S.

Project took 4 months from start to finish way too long. Designed lacked people-skills & quality of work was marginal.

Description of Work
Remodeled a bathroom wall & shower.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

01/30/2017

Anne O.

From the first contact with the designer, through the final walk-through, I was extremely impressed with the quality and commitment to excellence that Castle provided. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
I had a complete kitchen remodel done, including new cabinets, countertops, flooring, lighting, backsplash, appliances, etc.

Category custom cabinets, electrician, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, heating & air conditioning/hvac, interior designers, plumbing, ceiling fans, home remodeling, interior painters

01/30/2017

Gloria M.

Asked Castle for an electrician referral. Sierra Electric, Mitch arrived promptly and solved our issues, prize was very reasonable.

Description of Work
Blown fuse at home, needed to locate the cause.

Category electrician, home remodeling

11/10/2016

Catherine S.

In short, I have been in the midst of a bathroom remodeling nightmare with someone I hired from craigslist... Overcharged, extorted out of more money with threats, check card charged without my knowledge, sub-standard work,.. NIGHTMARE!!! Since I managed to rid myself of this person (along with much of my life savings) I have been trying to find builders to come in to weigh in on how things SHOULD have been done and what they SHOULD have cost ? information to be used in small claims court. The only person willing to advise me so far has been my sister?s handyman. But Aaron emailed back that, though he didn't know my mother, maybe he could help. He said he'd be happy to come by, even though I suspect he knew this was a job (i.e. mess) he wouldn't want to or need to take on construction-wise. He came by and was enormously helpful. Tons of knowledge and advice on how to deal with this situation. And said he'd try to find me a good dependable person to finish the job for me. I am still just amazed that a total stranger was willing to help me out with nothing to gain for himself. Thank you so much Aaron! I so wish I had just gone to Castle in the first place last August, when I started this remodel.

Description of Work
Aaron - co-owner of Castle helped me out recently with a consultation - I'm not really sure why.... I guess because he's just a great guy! I had actually contacted him by mistake. I meant to contact a person about to start working for Castle, who my mother knew. But I accidentally emailed Aaron instead. In the email I laid out the whole sordid tale.

10/06/2016

Cal S.

As planned. Minor issues came up, but castle was fast to address them. They communicated well, which I respected.

Description of Work
Attached garage conversion.

Category drywall, electrician, hardwood floor, heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation, plumbing, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, home remodeling, doors

09/13/2016

Keith J.

we were quite satisfied with the quality and timeliness of the work.

Description of Work
They replaced a second story deck floor and railing.

Category decks, roofing, home remodeling

06/06/2016

Kurt&Meg P.

Superb from design, selections construction to completion. We shopped this project – price was not the costly conciliation – reputation, knowledge, local, Korma were key element.

Description of Work
First floor house addition including bedroom, bathroom, hallway, mudroom, deck – difficult roof design.

Category remodeling, roofing

05/24/2016

Kathleen F.

I changed my mind about the number of colors in the backsplash, which slowed the project down, but Ashley and Dave were very helpful in finding a solution and making sure that the project continued in a timely manner. Communication was very good and I never waited more than a few hours for a response to a question or concern. It confirmed for me that being clear about what you want is critical to getting the results you want. I found Dave and Ashley open to feedback and the finished kitchen is wonderful.

Description of Work
I worked with designer Ashley Hanson to plan my kitchen renovation and was so pleased with the results that I signed up to have it done. Work included reconfiguring appliances, new floor, matching new cabinets to existing cabinets where they could be reused, Custom backsplash using tile by Mercury Mosaics, reconfigured back entryway with storage cubbies and new stairs from back doors to basement. Cabinets and appliances were purchased directly from vendors, but coordinated by Ms. Hanson, so my part was a breeze. Project manager Dave Ross is a consummate professional and extremely responsive. Everyone who worked on the project was professional and very competent.

05/23/2016

Emily L.

We wanted to go with our neighborhood contractors, but ultimately we ran in to so many issues with them that I am sorry to say I would not recommend them to anyone for the following reasons: - Terrible communication: we had three different contacts over the course of the project and there was no oversight of the people performing the work on our house. - Inaccurate estimates and inflated costs: our original quote was $1500 because they miscalculated the size of the space. after all of their mistakes they wanted to charge us over $9000 to complete the work. - Horrible planning: they did not check to see if the basement foundation went all the way down. They just started digging until they unearthed our 2' deep crawlspace foundation and had to put all of the dirt back in. Whenever they ran into another issue that they had not accounted for, they added more to the price. - Bad quality: one of their solutions was to build a cement wall to hold the dirt back... since I work from home I could hear the people working downstairs asking one another, "Have you ever done cement work? No, have you? No, I'm excited to learn." They were nice workers, but I didn't want my foundation to be the test area where they learned how to lay block. - Just plain not nice to work with: When we had finally had enough, we asked that Castle leave our property and refund our deposit. They agreed while they were onsite but later refused to refund us in full. In a heated and inappropriate email, they refused to refund $750, and we ended up with nothing completed, not to mention a giant hole in our basement wall leading to the dirt crawl space, one of our basement windows removed and replaced with plywood (right before winter), our stucco around the removed window cracked, and one of our 6' hedge trees severely damaged. The hedge still has a big hole in it and we had to pay to get a larger window installed in order to cover the stucco cracks. Don't even waste your time with an estimate.

Description of Work
Conversion of dirt crawl space to usable storage area.

Category replacement windows, basement remodeling

05/07/2016

Tracy M.

They didn't directly order an oval sink but they cut a circle hole for our bathroom remodel so our toilet is oval and our sink is round. They probably would have gotten a piece of granite but that was one of a kind granite so we had to go with the circle sink. They built the a door in our closet. They actually built the door attached and it was falling out of the wall, and they had come back a few times and hadn't been able to fix it. Recently they said they are going to be done with that because it would take too many of their resources to fix that so they are not going to fix it. Our cabinets they used paint that we couldn't wipe it off so they had to redo all the front but we compromised and said it's alright if they don't do the sides and the bottom but we want the front to be done. There was a lot of compromising with them and things that weren't done right enough, and finally with this closet that they are not going to fix even if their website says they have a lifetime warranty on their workmanship. They built the door so it's their workmanship. Because they didn't do the work, the price makes it not worth it at all.

Description of Work
Castle Builders did a remodel. They had to come back several times to try to repair some of the things that they remodeled that broke. They built the closet and the door. It was like a barn door. They did painting of the interior. They did the bathroom and kitchen, and windows.

Category closet systems, remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

03/13/2016

CATHERINE L.

We contracted with them for a new landing (previously the basement stairs deadened at the wall) and their subcontractor built a landing to our specifications and did some extra work fixing the railing on out basement stairs. That work was completed on time, very thoroughly and within the estimate. Then after a mild snafu about scheduling which was quickly corrected, they sent out a marmoleum installer for the steps and landing. He did a lovely job sealing off our existing ancient lineolum and covering it up with the marmoielum. He also finished the new landing and the existing landing on the stairs, as well as two of the small storage spaces off the stairs, including one that we forgot to ask him to do, which gave us a nice new storage space. It took about 2 days, came within the estimate and looks great. We also got a few extra pieces of the marmoleum which we used on a couple of other surfaces - looks almost like a new house back there now.

Description of Work
Added a landing to our basement stairs and put in marmoleum and new metal shoes on the steps and landing.

Category flooring contractor

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for the review! We are glad you are happy with our work! The Natural Built Home Store is owned and operated by Castle Building & Remodeling- and starting September 1st, will be known as another Castle location. Not much is changing except the branding but we will still offer eco-friendly building materials and services! Since The Natural Built Home Store profile will be deleted, I wonder if you would like to leave your review on the Castle Building & Remodeling Angie's List profile... we would REALLY appreciate it! :) You can leave Castle a review here: https://www.angieslist.com/companylist/us/mn/minneapolis/castle-building-and-remodeling-reviews-143499.htm Thank you! -Colleen Castle Building & Remodeling - Marketing Manager

02/19/2016

KATHERINE K.

It started of okay, late, but okay. by the end it was bad we had to fight to get castle to fix its mistakes which it kept making over and over.

Description of Work
Remodel master bath.

Category home remodeling

Thank you for your feedback. We always try to learn from our mistakes and try not to repeat them. It has about 24 months since we completed your project and we continue to refine our process with the hopes of avoiding issues. Thanks for choosing Castle and for sharing your feedback with us.

02/17/2016

LYNN M.

We first met with a designer in February of 2015 and started the process then. In June, we were told someone would be coming by to look at the project to get things started within the next two weeks. After a month, no one had been by and we contacted Castle. It seems like we had basically been forgotten and the process had to be restarted. Work finally began in October. Demo and wallpaper removal in the bathroom went very well and the people who worked on these projects were great. Then the trouble began. The vanity was not ordered correctly and had to be completely redone - a 3 week process. This slowed everything down and work had to be done around the lack of a vanity. When the new vanity did arrived it was configured correctly but holes for plumbing didn't work and lots of cutting and shoving/banging/kicking had to be done in order to get the vanity into place and get it plumbing and faucet installed. When the new faucets were finally installed one side was crooked. The medicine cabinet arrived broken and a new one had to be gotten. No height specs were given by the designer and the new lighting was installed too high up. If I hadn't have said anything, the new tile floor would have been installed with a step up into the bathroom as the tile person was planning to overlay the existing subfloor with a new 1/2 subfloor and then lay the tile on top. The project manager helped come up with a solution of using 1/4 subfloor and shaving the part by the door down a bit. This resulted in a better look and just a little bit of a lip to the floor. However, a piece of Corian was used as a transition between the hardwood living room floor and the tile in the bathroom and the mortar on this is already breaking and it is coming loose. The new shower door was also installed crooked and had to be reinstalled, though that was partly because the existing tub is not quite level. But the biggest headache of all with this project came when we were going to just have the existing tile in the shower steam cleaned. The company we hired to clean them found that most of the tiles were loose, the backing behind the top half of them was not even a waterproof material and had black mold covering it, and the entire shower/tub area had to get new backing and be retiled entirely. Castle completely missed this in the planning and design process AND in the process of removing and patching a portion of the tile in order to install new shower fixtures. In fact, the tiles were actually cracked and broken in the process of installing the new fixtures and shower door because most of them had been loose. Getting all new tile in the shower area added a lot of cost (with another company) and about three weeks to the project. Eventually everything was completed to our satisfaction, but it was 11 months after beginning this process. The porch project was a major headache as well. Castle lead us to believe that they had done similar projects and could manage what we were asking. But when it came down to it they really hadn't and didn't really know how to go about what needed to be done. Luckily, my father has experience with straightening barns and came and helped them. Together they got the porch raised up, leveled and re-supported, but they would not have been able to do it without my Dad helping. Castle did give us a $500 credit for this and we were just happy that things turned out well in the end. Our project manager, Steve, did do an amazing job. He always kept me informed about what was going on and was very quick to deal with all the problems that came up and very patient. It just seemed like there was one problem after another! Also the demo and dry wall people were great. The carpenters that worked on the porch were great too, they just hadn't worked on anything like that before. But with the good employees came the bad, including a "clean up" guy who cleaned up for 5 minutes and then played with his dog in our front yard, without asking, for the next 15 minutes. I cleaned up dry wall mud, dust, and other gunk in the bathroom after he finished. Overall, we are just happy to have everything done and the work was eventually completed and everything done in a satisfactory manner, but we would not hire Castle again.

Description of Work
Bathroom "refresh" - old floor, medicine cabinet, vanity and shower door removed; new floor, medicine cabinet, vanity and shower door installed; old wallpaper removed and walls prepped for paint;, new drywall installed for ceiling; new fixtures and lighting installed. $18,000 total. Separate project: raise and level porch and upgrade supports. $2,000 for this

Category home remodeling

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. This wasn't our finest project and didn't go well on several fronts. Due to the members request to work with a different sales person and a maternity leave there were several Castle designers involved in the sales process which did drag out the process and force a restart which slowed things down. Sorry about those delays. We also did have several issues with materials arriving damaged, defective, or ordered incorrectly which caused some delays. We do pride ourselves on planning a project thoroughly before starting work to try to avoid surprises. I apologize if you weren't aware of the new tile height and the lip that would produce and am glad we reached a solution that corrects the original issue and minimizes the lip. We do have a warranty that will cover our workmanship and would be glad to come back out and repair the Corian strip that is coming loose. As far as the tile, I am not sure what more we can do other than give you an estimate to replace all of the tile in the shower and tell you it is in bad shape. If you elect to take care of it yourself after we were done then I am not sure how you can hold us accountable for the fact that it had to be replaced. It is unfortunate that it wasn't discovered earlier and planned for as a part of the main project which would have resulted in a much faster project. We appreciate the insight your father was able to add on the front porch. I am sorry you had to clean up the space yourself and that our employee played with his dog in your front yard. We have talked to him about this to make sure it doesn't happen again. I am sorry we couldn't leave you satisfied. Remodeling older homes are tricky and it doesn't always go as planned. Thank you again for your feedback.

Closets For Life

Closets For Life, a custom organization company based in Apple Valley, Minnesota, works with residential clients as well as designers, builders and architects to create innovative storage solutions for all organizational needs including closets, offices, garages, kitchens, laundry rooms, wine cellars, Murphy beds and more. What makes Closets For Life different than the others? We listen. We pride ourselves on the ability to listen to the client and determine their specific needs. We understand that each part of your home has unique organizational requirements.

Offers by Closets For Life on Angi
    Franek Incorporated

Franek Incorporated specializes in Decks & Porches and improving your outdoor living space. We also offer all types of concrete work including decorative and stamped. Whether you are considering a new home or remodeling your existing home, Franek Incorporated will exceed your expectations with lifestyle- friendly designs, quality craftsmanship and uncompromising customer service. We are experts in what we do and our employees are always eager to take on that next big project. Check out Franek Incorporated on Facebook for our latest photos: https://www.facebook.com/FranekIncorporated/

Offers by Franek Incorporated on Angi
    Minneapolis & Suburban Sewer & Water Inc

Additional contact name - Mark Koyhtya. Super Service Award Winner for 2015.

2022 Super Service Award

MasterCard, Discover, Check, Visa, PayPal, Financing Available

Castle Building & Remodeling is truly a Design & Build Remodeler. We have a large repertoire including: Kitchens, Bathrooms, Attics, Basements, Design & Build Home Additions, Master Suite Additions, Second Floor Additions, and Interior Design Services. When hiring Castle BRI for your special project needs, we truly shine in the following categories: Decks (including side entry decks), porches, windows, doors/storm doors, carpentry projects, drywall, demolition, framing, interior doors and trim, painting, and tile. We have some of the most skilled craftsmen anywhere in these disciplines on staff and they’re more than qualified to tackle these jobs for you. Finally, if your project requires little to no design work, then it most likely will be a great fit for our small projects team.

We currently do not handle exterior repairs (including 2nd story), concrete / flooring only, insurance restoration work, landscaping, roofing, detached garages, and small amounts of single trades like: masonry, painting, roofing, siding, electric, plumbing, and emergencies. We also do not handle things like plumbing, electrical, HVAC, flooring / exterior trim repairs. If these issues came up mid project, our team would subcontract out those types of projects to our trade partners. Finally, small handyman jobs would also not typically be covered by our team.