Advanced Garage Door Solutions Inc

Founded 2013 • With Angi since October 2013

8175 Lewis Rd

Minneapolis, MN 55427

Advanced Garage Door Solutions, Inc. is a locally owned and operated garage door company serving the greater Minneapolis, St Paul Metro area and parts of Wisconsin. Specializing in residential and commercial service and installation, we offer same day service, competitive rates and quality brand name parts and products. We service all major name brand doors and openers. You can always expect an I.D.E.A. (Institute of Door Dealer Education and Accreditation) Certified company employee in an A.G.D.S. vehicle - no sub-contractors. Call for a quote or to make an appointment today....

08/21/2019

Marisela C.

Technician arrived at 2:08 p.m. (I was estimated a 4 hour window 10-2). After explaining my concerns with garage door, tech made repair suggestions and I approved. He fixed bent parts on rails, rewired cables and rewound strings and installed a strut for garage weight. He suggested we need a strut to have door weighted down and completely close. He did not recommend we get new door or new strings, which I thought was honest. All seems great. Will observe work performed for the guaranteed 30 days. Overall good.

Description of Work
Rebound strings on garage door, installed strut, checked overall garage door

Category doors

03/26/2019

Deb J.

I called to inquire about a deal I found on Angie's List: $159 for 2 spring replacements with 5 year warranty. I was over the phone that the deal was for $189 and that the 5-year warranty would not apply. After 3 years, I would receive $14 under a prorated warranty. I did not proceed with any work given the conflicting information I received.

Description of Work
Garage door spring replacement

Category garage doors

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for your feedback. Sorry for the confusion. We just merged this week with another company. You were given a spring warranty for the other company coupon. They are different coupons. These coupons are being reviewed and will be reconciled, but unfortunately they hadn’t been at the time of your call. We hope you’ll understand and give us another chance to help you with your garage door needs. We are sorry for the confusion that resulted from our response to your call. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to help you with your garage door needs. Sincerely, Doug Robinson Advanced Garage Door Solutions

11/25/2018

James P.

Smooth as silk. Fast service, efficient work, quickly resolved issue. Would use them again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Broken garage door cable

11/22/2018

Marjorie J.

Great! Prompt service, got the job done and at a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Install key pad on for garage door.

11/05/2018

Deborah H.

Very quick response and fast replacement of spring .

Description of Work
Spring replacement

10/03/2018

Rosemary M.

Kevin fixed the problem and explained his work. He advised me that I would probably be needing a new motor. He was very thorough, I plan to use him again.

Description of Work
Garage door stops when opening

08/23/2018

Donovan W.

It went extremely well. I have 3 properties and have had 4 openers installed using 3 different companies prior to using these folks. This is the best experience I've had. The service person arrived within the given time window. They knew their stuff, took time to answer all my questions and did excellent work. I'm extremely pleased with them, and will be asking them to service my other garage doors.

Description of Work
Garage Opener Installation

08/22/2018

Terrence R.

Excellent service. Kevin called to let me know that he was 15 minutes away and arrived right on time. He examined the door and opener and recommended replacing the cables since they were rusted. He quickly went about changing the cables and adjusting the overhead springs. After lubricating all of the hinges and rollers and adjusting the door track he cleaned up the area nicely.

Description of Work
Serviced garage door and replaced cables

08/03/2018

Angela Y.

Great service. They came out same day when no one else would. Came in about 5% cheaper too. Took the time to explain things I was unclear about.

Description of Work
Springs and cord replaced

07/07/2018

Amy M.

I told them several times that I wasn’t in a hurry at all and to just fit me in when they could. They came out 20 minutes after they made sure someone would be home and 20 minutes later, my garage goes up and down like it should. I couldn’t be happier or more impressed with their professionalism and level of service provided. Will definitely be using this company again and I would highly recommend them!!

Description of Work
Needed our garage door springs replaced

05/23/2018

Jean W.

Everything went very well the technician was on time and quickly repaired my garage door, he was very kind and courteous and did a excellent job at a very reasonable price. We highly recommend him.

Description of Work
One of my garage door springs were broken and both cables needed to be replaced.

04/27/2018

Debra M.

Prompt contact and very accommodating on scheduling. Received a call 30 minutes in advance from the technician, and arrived as scheduled. Great job explaining work completed, solved a mystery as to where a lost nut belonged. Very professional and low key. Explained remaining life expectancy on a few items. Noted door bottom sealing wasn't right for manufacturer of our door, and offered, if it was a problem for me, to replace it with appropriate type for a very reasonable price, and was able to complete that as part of the visit.

Description of Work
Garage door tune up and safety inspection

04/20/2018

John L.

I cannot speak more highly of Advanced Garage Door! They were incredibly prompt and responsive, coming to my home within an hour of my call. They replaced the torsion springs at a price far more competitive than other quotes I received ($159 vs $300 from another well-rated competitor). They were also very helpful in diagnosing other problems, including a worn out seal and strained cables. Throughout the visit, they provided solid explanations and rationale for everything they did. At no point did they resort to high pressure sales tactics. They even filed down the corroded contacts on the light bulb outlets and got the lights working again - at no extra charge. I will definitely be using Advanced Garage Door for any future garage door service needs.

Description of Work
Replacement of broken torsion spring

04/14/2018

john Z.

Called on Friday- they were out on Saturday (snow storm and all) on time. Called 15 minutes before Ben arrived. The price was what the web site said it would be. When I replace my noisy opener it is Advanced who I will call. Only $150 to install.

Description of Work
Broken cable

04/07/2018

Daniel S.

I used their $79 tune-up and safety inspection deal. Kevin was able to come to the house just a few hours after I called. He spent about 40 minutes fixing the garage motor light, making the door not squeak, and adjusting struts and brackets. I didn't realize half of those had problems. He was very prompt, courteous and helpful explaining the problems. I would definitely call them again next time.

Description of Work
Minor maintenance on the garage door.

03/10/2018

DAVID A.

Prompt quote. Installation day following service call. Kevin was polite and helpful with installation and programming.

Description of Work
Replace existing garage door opener.

03/07/2018

Cindy P.

I contacted Ben on Tuesday afternoon to see about getting a opener installed and he said they could be out Wed morning between 8 and 10. Kevin called around 9:15 and said he would be there in 20-30 min. He was right on time and had the opener installed and working in about 30 minutes. I could not be happier with the work he did or the professional way the job was handled. I contacted them after a very bad experience with another door company and will tell anyone that needs work done to use Advanced Garage Door Solutions.

Description of Work
install a garage door opener

02/22/2018

Douglas W.

Smoothly and as expected. No issues. Even offered maintenance tips.

Description of Work
Replace garage door springs

02/21/2018

Michael J.

Kevin repaired the strut, repositioned the opener bracket to better center it on the door, fabricated a reinforcement bracket, mounted the whole opener in a more solid manner, and adjusted the door spring tension. He lubricated all of the door hinges and tested the operation. He suggested cable replacement because of obvious rust so I had him do that as well. In other words, he did in one hour what I would have done myself if I had the tools and knowledge. My door is repaired and works better than ever and I got a few tips on how to keep it operating efficiently and quietly.

Description of Work
Strut on garage door broke and opener was connected to it

01/28/2018

Patrick S.

Just fantastic. Came across this company on Angie’s List. They were very responsive to my inquiry with a return call within minutes. Kevin called shortly before our appt. time to let us know he was on the way. He quickly resolved the issue and walked us through what he did and what the problem was. He told us he has 17 yrs of experience and it showed. He tightened everything up, lubed up the springs and joints. He made sure that the door was programmed properly before he left so that it would open and close perfectly. We were just delighted with Kevin. He was super professional, prompt, courteous, knowledgeable and helpful with how to maintain our garage door. Highly, highly recommend Kevin and this company.

Description of Work
Repaired garage door. It wasn’t opening and closing properly.

11/24/2017

Barbara D.

Work was cooled efficiently and completely.

Description of Work
Get overhead door working after backing into it.

11/17/2017

Kathy O.

Excellent. They arrived exactly when they said they would. The person seemed to know a lot about garage doors. He was done in about a half hour.

Description of Work
The garage door opener had quit working.

11/15/2017

Jason S.

Amazing. I was told by people it would need to be replaced but they worked some sort of magic.

Description of Work
Fix both garage doors

10/31/2017

John N.

He was a great guy who did a full inspection, showed me what we could do if we wanted. He even straightened the rails and greased all of the joints and moving parts for free. The garage door sounds amazing now. Can hardly tell when it goes up.

Description of Work
Broken Spring and replaced guide cable.

09/27/2017

Jeff B.

Very well. Justin showed up quickly and got us resolved

Description of Work
Fixed broken belt

Summit Garage Door Solutions

Summit Garage Door Solutions is a white glove overhead door company with prices that are fair. Let us go above and beyond from your house to your industrial building. We have the solution for you.

Offers by Summit Garage Door Solutions on Angi
    Elevated Door Co.

With years of professional experience, we are extremely passionate about the work and services we provide!. We offer "FREE ESTIMATES" and you can depend on us to provide a high quality service at a fair and honest price! We understand that the future of our business depends upon our reputation and that is why customer service is by far our highest priority. If you are looking for a professional you can trust, please contact us today to schedule a no-obligation, evaluation of your garage door(s). We look forward to servicing you!

Garage Door Viking

Garage doors - repair & replacement, garage door openers, broken springs, broken cables, weather seal, remote & keyless entry, safety inspection, & preventative maintenance.