4Front Energy

Founded 1993 • With Angi since July 2005

4Front Energy is a fully licensed, bonded, and insured service provider for electrical, hvac, and plumbing. We proudly serve Minneapolis, Golden Valley and surrounding suburbs. All employees have background checks completed. We offer financing for installations including 24 months same as cash no interest. Our goal is always to Add Value to Your Property and Comfort to Your Life. ...

24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered

A Service Provider's profile image

+7 more images

HVAC Companies (902)air duct cleaning (68)electrician (18)plumbers (9)water heaters (7)dryer vent cleaning (6)fireplace services (6)radon mitigation (5)gas leak repair (3)metal fabrication (5)appliance repair (5)drain cleaning (2)

08/25/2022

Geoffrey N.

The overall process was smooth and I was able to get the products I wanted installed. The sales person was very informative and was able to walk me through my options and make recommendations based on what can only be described as a 'unique' set of pre-existing choices made by the previous owners of the house. The installation technicians were quick and professional, and the new equipment has been running since day one without so much as a hiccup.

Description of Work
New Furnace and AC Units

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

Work Completed On 06/17/2022

09/03/2020

Michael C.

Excellent work - scheduled in short time.

Description of Work
Excellent work - scheduled in short time to get me finished.

Work Completed On 08/21/2020

07/15/2020

SANDRA S.

It was great. My AC stopped working right before the holiday weekend. I contacted various companies on Monday and Ductworks was the first I could get an appointment with. The tech was very nice and informative and diagnosed it as needing a new dual capacitor. It was much less expensive than I'd feared, and a quick fix.

Description of Work
My central air conditioning stopped working and needed to be fixed.

Work Completed On 07/08/2020

07/08/2020

Wendy S.

Quality work, excellent pricing and communication. Rhod answered all of my questions and explained the job well. I highly recommend!

Description of Work
Add additional heat vents in the basement

Work Completed On 03/01/2020

09/18/2019

Michael C.

The first contact was Rhod and he was great! He was very knowledgeable and personable. We had an interesting conversation. Honestly, it was because of him that I decided to go with Ductworks. The installers were very prompt and efficient. Installation went well. All the people I spoke to in the office have been very friendly and helpful. Today two guys came by to mount the AC unit to the base and they were great! My experience with Ductworks has been very good. I was a little worried about going with Daikin equipment because I didn't know much about it. Rhod explained all about it and I was sold! It is quite sophisticated and intelligently designed equipment with a fantastic WiFi thermostat that I love. And it has a great warranty I recommend this company.

Description of Work
Daikin AC and Furnace installed

Work Completed On 07/29/2019

06/07/2019

Tyler S.

Did the job professionally, cleaned our system and was timely!

Description of Work
Furnace tune up

Work Completed On 06/07/2019

03/12/2019

Linda C.

Rhod was professional, knowledgeable, he was honest and did not try to oversell me. the financing plans were very nice and the cost was very reasonable. he is even willing to price match. the new thermostat and furnace that were put in seem to be of very good quality. install was quick and went well. the warranty that comes with is excellent. I got 4 quotes total and duct works was the best overall. my cat seemed to like them best as well

Description of Work
a new furnace installed

Work Completed On 03/08/2019

12/03/2018

Michele E.

The project went flawlessly from the initial contact with the sales representative, Rhod, to the installation of both pieces of equipment by Josh and Eric. Rhod was quick to respond to questions that I had initially before deciding on their product which was a Daikin furnace and air conditioner. The installers arrived as promised, worked tirelessly to remove existing equipment and install the new equipment. The electrician works for one of their companies and he arrived early in the day to complete his work. When the guys were done installing, the furnace was working like a champ and the workers had done a great job cleaning up after their work. We did hear a slight buzz when the furnace fan was running and a call to their service dept. quickly remedied that problem. Great service all the way around. We would definitely recommend this company and the employees noted above.

Description of Work
We needed our 20 yr old furnace and 15 yr old air conditioner replaced.

Work Completed On 11/06/2018

11/19/2018

Roxy M.

The service was great, they arrived on time, they were nice and pleasant to work with, they actually spend as much time as I expected, and they cleaned up everything really well after the work has been completed.

Description of Work
Furnace Tune-Up Including Cleaning of Gas Burners

Work Completed On 09/27/2018

11/19/2018

Angela H.

Ductworks has been our go-to for all our HVAC and Furnace needs for nearly 5 years. I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Furnace Checkup

Work Completed On 11/19/2018

10/08/2018

Jim K.

Showed up slightly earlier than expected (fine be me). Provided maintenance check to boiler and answered questions. No problems - hassle free.

Description of Work
Service/maintenance check

Work Completed On 10/08/2018

10/04/2018

Angela H.

Our furnace didn’t start over the weekend and, although Ductworks had a very tight schedule, they figured out a way to slot us in earlier than originally thought knowing we had small children at home and there were cold days ahead. The repair was done under warranty which they honored with no hastle and repaired within a day of figuring out the root cause. Punctual and efficient. Thanks for keeping our family warm, Ductworks!

Description of Work
Furnace Repair

Work Completed On 10/04/2018

07/17/2018

Scott T.

Price offered way higher than advertised

Description of Work
duct cleaning

Work Completed On 07/17/2018

We do not offer duct cleaning and have no record of this address in our system. We believe this review was left for another service provider accidentally.

06/28/2018

DAVID A.

Scheduling an appointment was easy. The representative showed up on time and conducted his work. From what I observed, he did not inspect the interior of the unit under the housing. In addition, I was promised a report of the findings of his inspection, but never received one.

Description of Work
Air conditional cleaning and tune up

Work Completed On 06/05/2018

06/25/2018

Ted S.

Job done well. Went above and beyond and did not push for work that did not need to be done. I've always appreciated this company because they just do the job and don't try to nickel and dime you. I have used them several times through the years due to their professional low key approach.

Description of Work
AC Tune Up

Work Completed On 05/31/2018

06/21/2018

Tina P.

In selling our home, the inspector identified a few items related to the furnace and stove/oven that needed to be repaired before we could put our house on the market. I called a few other HVAC companies that wouldn't even take this job until mid-July. I spoke with Chris at Ductworks/Practical Systems. He was very professional and asked for me to send the home evaluation report so he could verify with his boss that they could take on the project. Chris called me back after consulting with his boss and provided a quote and schedule for completing the project. Ductworks/Practical Systems* was able to schedule our project for the following week knowing we were in a time crunch for our house sale. Chris called the day before service to confirm the appointment. On the day of service, the technician called me when he was on the way to the home for service. We appreciated the professionalism and timeline to complete the project. The service actually came in $50 less than what was quoted, which was great especially since the repairs were over $600. In the end, we are thankful for the quick turnaround and customer service provided by Ductworks/Practical Systems. *I called Ductworks number from Angie's List, but the invoices came from Practical Systems.

Description of Work
Furnace and oven repairs

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 06/20/2018

[Member Name Removed], thanks for the kind words I will be sure to let the team know! Scott

06/19/2018

Jane H.

Mike was fabulous. Prompt, courteous, quick. I’ll refer him anytime and have him back

Description of Work
Clean ducts

Category air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 06/19/2018

05/24/2018

Greg V.

It went well. Showed up on time and repaired our A/C unit.

Description of Work
Service A/C

Work Completed On 05/24/2018

05/22/2018

Dana S.

Duct works is the only company to touch my furnace. They installed it in 2012.

Description of Work
Furnace tune-up

Work Completed On 11/22/2017

05/16/2018

Debra M.

Purchased a Deal for spring A/C tune-up. Great job contacting and updating throughout the process. Technician was overly prompt on arriving for scheduled window. Although the work ended up turning into a service call rather than the expected tune-up, communication and options provided were great.

Description of Work
A/C tune-up

Work Completed On 05/15/2018

05/03/2018

James Z.

Work was performed well. Their initial estimate of 2 days proved too short (HVAC, A/C, HRV, electronic air purifier, humidifier for a good-sized home) and they had to reschedule for the remaining work the following week. But they returned and completed it well. We installed a Daikin furnace and A/C which have performed well. We have gotten alerts from the electronic Tstat that Ductworks has returned to address. They've been very straightforward and upfront with us. It's a smaller shop than some of the big names, but they've been responsive and good to work with. I'd hire them again.

Description of Work
Proactively replaced our 20 year old furnace and A/C before they died. We also replaced our HRV system, added an electronic air purifier and humidifier.

Work Completed On 05/02/2018

04/02/2018

James F.

They came and fixed the problem very quickly and the cost was very reasonable. Very professional, Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Heater Stopped Working

Work Completed On 03/01/2018