Heating & Cooling Two Inc

Founded 1980 • With Angi since June 2005

***UPDATE: FOR THE MOST EXPEDITED SERVICE (FOR REPAIRS/MAINTENANCE) - PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE. WE CANNOT GUARANTEE REQUESTS FOR REPAIRS/MAINTENANCE THROUGH THE ANGIE'S LIST SITE/APP WILL BE RESPONDED TO IN EXPEDITED FASHION, HOWEVER, WE HAVE A TEAM ANSWERING THE PHONES AT THE OFFICE AND WILL BE

2022 Super Service Award

HVAC Companies (130)water heaters (4)fireplace services (2)

06/17/2022

Michael P.

We interviewed 5 different Heating & Air companies before deciding on Heating & Cooling Two. We absolutely loved them from start (coming into our home and letting us know what they could do for us), to having them come and complete the project. There was never any high pressure and the price was great, especially for all THREE (heating/A/C & water heater). On May 25, 2022, Josh & Mitch showed up in the morning to get started, despite cool drizzly weather. They were installing a new furnace & A/C, as well as a new water heater. We were so impressed by how steadily they worked, even while indulging my questions along the way. These guys barely stopped for water breaks. They disconnected and removed old equipment, carefully removing it from the house. They had spread drop cloths and were very thoughtful about trying to keep our house clean (more so than my kids!!). This was a big project and their coordination of having an electrician come in when they needed was spot on. Everything was done seamlessly. Josh & Mitch were a great team, with Josh working inside and Mitch working outside on the A/C. Josh asked if it was alright to work beyond 4:00PM, as he was willing to come back the next day, if we wanted him to finish later. We were fine with him staying, and he did, until around 8:15PM. His dedication was incredible and his attention to detail was fantastic. Everything looks & performs wonderfully. He cleaned up everything, after finishing and even called from the road, to make sure he hadn’t left anything behind. Josh went over the details of the invoice before leaving. He shared how all of the rebates would be sent to us, but submitted by Heating & Cooling Two. We loved the “no muss fuss” on our end. We called the inspectors in our city (Bloomington) for a final inspection and they were also very impressed with the work. That was a nice stamp of approval!! Our new hot water heater is giving us great HOT water. Our A/C is working great (important with our current weather forecast). We haven’t used the heat, but know we can count on it. We are tremendously happy with Heating & Cooling Two and HIGHLY RECOMMEND them to anyone seeking new HVAC for their home. They were easy to work with and can do it all. Please give them a call if you are looking for a quote. Sincerely, Michael & Liane Pederson Bloomington, MN

Description of Work
New Furnace & A/C and Water Heater

Work Completed On 06/17/2022

05/01/2022

Jeff W.

We used Heating & Cooling Two for installation of a new ductless air conditioning system for our house. The entire experience from initial estimate to final installation was positive. Out of all the bids we obtained, they offered the highest quality condenser and indoor heads for a fair price. The installation team was friendly and professional and the company was super responsive whenever we had questions, usually getting back to us within less than a day. If you need a new AC system, we recommend you call them first.

Description of Work
Ductless AC installation

Work Completed On 04/13/2022

Thanks [Member Name Removed]. You're going to love this new system. Thanks for the great review. We appreciate it.

04/13/2022

Peter K.

I compared five vendors and Heating & Cooling Two Inc had the best value for the equipment and services. The install was professionally done. I'd hire these guys again.

Description of Work
Furnace and A/C replacement

Work Completed On 04/04/2022

Thanks [Member Name Removed]. That project was a bit different than normal. We thank you for the kind words. We appreciate your business. From Mike and all at HC2.

12/08/2021

Roger W.

Outstanding experience. Everyone involved: Mike - sales, Dan - scheduling, Josh & Mitch, installation & Vince -final adjustments were excellent. I received their best furnace with full 10 year parts and labor warranty for less than 3 other quotes for a one step down furnace. I couldn’t be more pleased. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Furnace replacement

Work Completed On 12/08/2021

Thanks for the kind words. We appreciate it. Mike and all at HC2,

10/18/2021

Mike Q.

I don't do this at all and yet I was so impressed with Heating and Cooling Two that I reached out to the owner to share with him our outstanding experience with his organization. In all, we had about 4 interactions with his people. At each encounter we were met with competent, friendly and customer centric employees. Clearly, the culture is one at Heating and Cooling Two is to insure that customers are valued and taken care of.

Description of Work
We needed a new air conditioner and follow up with a vent

Work Completed On 10/18/2021

Thanks [Member Name Removed]. We appreciate your kinds words and your business.

12/09/2020

mr C.

It was a dark and cold October morning, the furnace was not working. I found a problem and reset the thermo switch, furnace started working again. When I got the manual out, I also noticed that the furnace was 22 years old, time to look for a new one. I called several vendors for an appointment for a quote, most put me off for a 2-3 days. Mike, from Heating and Cooling 2, said how about tomorrow. He showed up promptly, and had several options to us by the end of the day. Told us it would be about 2 weeks for install. After a few phone calls to Mike, we chose our options. Dan called the next day and we scheduled our install date. That weekend the furnace quit again and kept shutting down. Called for service on Saturday, Vince got back to us quickly and said our heat exchanger was bad, and we need to shut the furnace down and see if the install date can be moved forward. Emailed Mike, who promptly got back to us said he emailed Dan who would get back to us on Monday about a reschedule. Monday morning Dan called early, while I was still in the shower, to say Brad and Brian would be at our house about 9:30 a.m. to do the install. Brad and Brian were very professional and worked hard to get the new furnace up and running. Brad took time to answer all my questions and when there was an unexpected issue with the install he consulted me about the options. The air-conditioning unit was not in stock because of the early furnace installation. The majority of the work was done during the furnace installation, running lines and electrical. When the unit arrived, Dan called to schedule the work. Nathan, who came and completed the job, was also very competent and professional. They sent in the required paperwork for the rebates to the vendors, relieving us of that task. Also the form for the tax credit was sent promply. All the employees who I have contacted at the company have been friendly, & helpful, willing to answer my questions or direct me to someone who can. I would highly recommend “Heating & Cooling 2” to anyone needing HVAC work.

Description of Work
Furnace and Air conditioner replacement

Work Completed On 10/26/2020

Thanks for the detailed review. We appreciate your business. Glad we got you back up and running. Mike

10/19/2020

Jason S.

Heating and Cooling Two was simply amazing! Mike our comfort rep. was very knowledgeable, sincere and honest! Jared and Josh the installers were outstanding! This job was so perfect, the building inspector who performed the final inspection commented “this is the best install job I have seen in 15 years!”! I would hire this company again without a doubt!!

Description of Work
Complete Furnace and A/C replacement

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, fireplaces

Work Completed On 09/11/2020

Thanks for the kind words, [Member Name Removed]. We appreciate the review. Thanks again for your business. Mike

08/10/2020

John R.

Bill gave us the bid and answered all our questions. He was very knowledgeable and inspired our confidence. The bid was very competitive. We picked this company because our general contractor thought highly of them and we thought the price was fair. Our greatest consideration is the quality and the reliability of the product and its installation. The installers, Jared and Justin did a great job. They also were very professional and anticipated all the possible variables to consider when placing the heating/cooling heads. They arrived just when they said they would. The installation took almost three full days. My wife commented when they left that she could see the value we received for the money we paid.

Description of Work
New Bryant Mini-Split heat pump with five high wall heads

Work Completed On 08/05/2020

09/04/2019

Amy F.

Fantastic! Max was able to quickly diagnose the issue and get my A/C up and running quickly. He had the right parts with him to solve immediately. He also was able to thoroughly clean the unit to increase productivity. He was not pushy at all; in fact, I was so impressed, I asked him how I could engage them for maintenance services. They are my sole provider going forward for all things HVAC!

Description of Work
Capacitor in A/C needed replaced

Work Completed On 08/21/2019

05/18/2019

Scott H.

everything went fine. They found a solution to working in the limited space available. They were able to replace the furnace and ac within a week after I told them they had the job.

Description of Work
replaced furnace and ac

Work Completed On 05/16/2019

11/24/2018

Nicholas M.

Everything went better than we imagined. Salesman Mike Spaude was terrific -- knowledgeable about each product, explaining in detail our options in choosing the specific equipment, providing us helpful brochures and other documents describing the equipment and at our request offering his professional recommendations. Jared and his two companions forming the installation crew worked hard for an entire day removing the old equipment and installing the new. They placed protective coverings on our basement carpet to avoid stains or other damage. They worked well as a team. They did a great job and when finished left our utility room clean as a whistle. As the crew leader, Jared was very patient in answering my questions before the installation started and after it was finished. He provided me all the owner's manuals for the various pieces of equipment. Heating & Cooling Two surprised me by filing all the product registration documents with the manufacturers so I didn't have to do that. What a classy effort for customer satisfaction. We became loyal customers of Heating & Cooling Two. The company will get all of our service work and eager referrals to anyone needing new heating and/or cooling equipment.

Description of Work
My wife and I bought a Bryant Evolution furnace, Bryant air conditioner, Aprilaire humidifier, Broan air exchanger and Honeywell thermostats to replace the original mechanical equipment in our 15-year-old home in Chaska, Minnesota.

Work Completed On 07/27/2018

11/21/2018

Dean S.

My 18+ year old furnace had a catastrophic failure. H&C 2 sent out a repair person to review the old furnace to repair it. The unit sustained significant damage and the team recommended and installed a new unit. More efficient that the old, only replaced what needed replaced, and were very professions and prompt. Thank you H&C 2 for managing an issue while I was 1000 miles away.

Description of Work
Furnace replacement

Work Completed On 09/26/2018

10/24/2018

Tom R.

This was done extremely well....from the first contact with Mike, to our visit with Dan, and then the install with Jared and Bryan. They were all first-class in regards to professionalism, timeliness, and efficiency. If you are looking for this type of service, I would highly recommend Heating & Cooling Two. A job well done!

Description of Work
Replacement of two furnaces and two air conditioners

Work Completed On 10/16/2018

10/23/2018

Tracy S.

Water heater was leaking water and non-functional. Ryan came out next day to replace. Professional, hard worker, nice guy.

Description of Work
Water heater replacement

Work Completed On 10/23/2018

06/13/2018

Michael R.

Mike showed up on time for the estimate and explained everything. The installers were on time and got done exactly when they said. Everything was cleaned up and how to operate the system was explained and they answered all my questions

Description of Work
Furnace A/C & Water Heater

Work Completed On 04/30/2018

01/26/2018

ERIK D.

Got 3 estimates to AeroSeal the main supply ducts in my house. Heating & Cooling Two wasn't the cheapest but they were certainly the most responsive, spent the time looking carefully at my specific situation, listening to what I wanted and gave a full written estimate. When I had the ducts sealed, I knew there was a possibility it wasn't necessary. I know this house well and in my opinion I thought that possibility was low and unlikely. To my surprise, the day of the sealing, the technician did the pre-test and showed me the ducts were actually sealed to an acceptable target CFM and told me the level of the goal they usually strive to hit. He said "it's your decision, but if we run the sealing it'll probably be done in 3-4 minutes." In the end, I did not do the sealing and that saved a huge amount of $$. What is more important about this is I think the pre-test is an area where it would be pretty easy for a not-so-honest tech to "fudge" the numbers. A supply duct here or there left just very slightly open or not completely blocked could yield a number that wasn't correct. I watched the two techs take the time and care to make sure each vent was blocked & air tight. They did a thorough job, made the right call and that impressed me. Seems like a stand-up operation and I would definitely look to use them again in the future for HVAC needs.

Description of Work
Aeroseal Duct Sealing

Work Completed On 01/25/2018

10/25/2017

Oufreez A.

Good - we are up and running for the time being while we decide if we want to invest in repairs or replacement when the next part goes.

Description of Work
Furnace repair. Furnace was blowing, but not hot air. Igniter was coming on but not lighting.

Work Completed On 10/25/2017

10/17/2017

Lisa M.

We built a new house. Our builder did not explain how to use our furnace, humidifier or whole house exchanger. So we called Heating and Cooling Two and the Field Supervisor, Dan Herrman, was very responsive. He agreed to come out to answer all of our questions. He took his time and explained how to do all the yearly maintenance. We had questioned our builder about why we were missing a furnace damper and a heat vent in one of our basement rooms; but, our builder was not being responsive. So when we directly asked Dan at Heating and Cooling Two, he agreed to just take care of it. We are very pleased with Dan's professionalism.

Description of Work
All HVAC in a new house build.

Work Completed On 10/17/2017

09/27/2017

Tanya C.

The office staff and technicians are always professional. They always give me a 20 min notice that I request before they come out. I appreciate the technicians ability and willingness to explain and show me what they are talking about. Mostly, I appreciate they are technicians first. They don't try to sell you something you don't need. When they did my furnace maintenance last year I needed a part replaced. It was under warranty and they worked to get my warranty transferred so I didn't have to pay anything for the repair.

Description of Work
I hired Heating and Cooling Two to perform maintenance on my furnace and air conditioning units. I recently had them come out for service on my A/C unit.

Work Completed On 09/25/2017

09/25/2017

Matthew C.

Great, fit in quickly and works great!

Description of Work
New furnace and air conditioner

Work Completed On 07/18/2017

08/30/2017

Mitchell C.

It's an annual service. It was probably about a hundred bucks. Well, they're the ones who did the original installation. My first impression was just very happy.

Description of Work
A furnace cleaning.

Work Completed On 01/31/2015

08/17/2017

Paul R.

System was low on coolant. otherwise in good condition. recharged system and system has been working great!

Description of Work
furnace a/c coil was icing up

Work Completed On 08/17/2017

07/20/2017

Erin P.

Mike and his team did an excellent job of assessing the capacity of the system and how the ducts were run. Unfortunately, the system would require a major overhaul and it is cheaper to just replace the furnace system what we have today + add a new A/C unit . I'm grateful for the honest assessment. While we are disappointed that our original plan won't work out, I'm glad we didn't spend a bunch of money to discover this! We are planning to wait until the furnace needs to be replaced to do the recommended work, but we will definitely be calling Heating and Cooling Two to help us, when we are ready.

Description of Work
We have a 1.5 story house built in the 50's and the original owner put a separate furnace upstairs and no A/C. We asked Mike to come out and assess what it would take to get the house on a single furnace and A/C.