Schwickert's a Tecta America Co

Founded 1906 • With Angi since August 2011

3.8

330 Poplar St

Mankato, MN 56001

Installation and service of HVAC, plumbing and roofing systems throughout southern Minnesota. Over 40 technicians offer 24/7 emergency service through out our market area. Maintain offices Mankato, Minneapolis and Rochester, MN. Been a leading provider of HVAC and roofing services for over 100 years....

03/30/2014

Steve C.

All I can say is that I was very dissatisfied with their service. My opinion is that they are unprofessional and I would not recommend them to anyone. When the technician left the system was not operational and I paid an expensive bill.

11/06/2013

Diane W.

Installation of the furnace was fine. Probably overpriced for labor. They installed a tankless water heater when they were relatively new to this market. It worked fine for the first few years, but we've had a few problems over the years with it properly heating our water. When they've come out to the house to fix it, it seems that they charge an excessive amount of money to assess the problem and then another excessive amount to fix the problem. When we needed a new filter for the water heater, the technician had to and quot;researchand quot; locating the part for the filter because the water heater company had changed names over the years, etc. Well, the technician found the part for us which was $6. Great! However, he charged us for the time he spent researching/locating the part which cost almost $200, plus pay for him to install it! I find that completely ridiculous to charge that much to and quot;researchand quot; a part for a product that they had installed a few years prior! We have since switched to a smaller plumbing company in the area and are very happy with their services. I think now that they are under the Techta America they have gotten to be too corporate.

Description of Work
Over the years they have installed a new furnace and tankless water heater as well as yearly maintenance checks.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

08/15/2013

Stephen R.

They were prompt and helpful, but because of the nature of our heating system, they were not able to assure us of the results, they gave us a temporary fix.

Description of Work
I have used Schwickert Co for our heating system.

08/14/2013

Jill S J.

The plumbing was rerouted since the original job done was having exit route too high. It took creative thinking to correct it and the whole experience was great. Same with all other items. The roof was the best suggestion as it proved the damage was minimal and they didn't charge me to review it. Very happy with all their people and technicians.

Description of Work
Rerouted plumbing under my sink where the original contractor did wrong and sink kept backing-up. Furnace and A/C and boiler checked and resolved problem from original contractor. Roof- Inspection and recommendation following hail damage.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, roofing

07/24/2013

Kelly J.

It was very difficult from the start. Getting them to return calls often took days, the crew's language while working was horrific, poor workmanship, and having them come back to replace one of the many parts we were unhappy with took too long.

Description of Work
Replaced roof/shingles

05/15/2013

Chris H.

They're just prompt and just they make service in your home.

Description of Work
I have used Schwickert Co for heating and cooling. They put a part in my furnace last February.

01/24/2013

Dayle and Gena Z.

Zane arrived promptly and set to work for over 3 hours on the boiler problem and did not leave until he was satisfied everything was working well. Very courteous and professional.

Description of Work
Replaced valve on boiler

12/10/2012

Jim W.

n/a

Description of Work
The Schwickert Company has always done an great job. They make sure the customer is satisfied!

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, roofing, roof snow removal

12/03/2012

Chris H.

Replaced our roof, gutters and spouts. Took about 2 days, overall good had some accidents that they fixed or reduced my bill which was good on my part. Crew arrived when promised but needs to speak more english however. The crew was friendly and did clean up. The office needs to learn to return voice mails though instead of me calling several times to get a hold of someone.

Description of Work
Replace Roof/gutters due to hail

10/30/2012

Victoria H.

Over the past eight years, Schwickerts has installed various plumbing fixtures in kitchen and bath, re-worked our old radiator system, and installed our central air conditioning unit. In each case, they always arrived on time and treated my home as if it were their own. They clean up afterwards, which I really appreciate. They have good follow-up policies and reminders for maintenance. I have been very happy with their work over the past eight years.

Description of Work
We have used Schwickerts for 8 years for our plumbing concerns, our water radiator heat, and for installing our attic-located central air conditioning unit in our old Victorian home in 2008. They are expensive, but their work has always been excellent and their staff professional, courteous, and knowledgeable. They always take my concerns to heart and have useful suggestions.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

04/30/2012

harvey H.

Description of Work
Watch out for the weekends and after hours, they will over charge you big time!

04/05/2012

Jon H.

They are very professional and very good. They have very good products and very good workers. They take pride in what they do. They installed my radon removal system. Given a job or task, they do it, and they do a good job. They come right on time.

Description of Work
They did an annual service check. They have re-roofed my house in the past and I bought my furnace and water heater from them.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, roofing

08/22/2011

Richarfd A.

They provided a great service. They followed up and they gave me very good quality shingles. They were very professional. I think that they were higher priced but they gave me the best value which was what I was looking for. The quality of the work was excellent. I was very happy with them.

Description of Work
Schwickert's Company did roofing work for me.

06/25/2011

Otto H.

Installed furnace and did not hook up flue to chimney, ran for 1 month before I found it. Called about 5 times before they would talk to me. Then they said it was my responsiblity to hook the flue to the chimney. Could have killed someone

Description of Work
Installed furnace.

Viking Contractors LLC

Viking Contractors LLC Has years of industry experience and professional knowledge restoring damaged roofs. We identify, evaluate, and provide full-service repairs for hail and storm-related losses to get your life back to normal as quickly as possible.

Minnesota Valley Roofing & Restoration Inc

We are a full service Roofing & Siding Restoration Company that specializes in Owens Corning Shingles as a Certified Contractor. We also do Vinyl SIding and Specialize in LP Smartside Sidings & Trims. We have over 25 years experiance in the industry and pride ourselves on always doing the right thing and we never cut corners on any of our Projects. We are a small company and your job will be estimated, sold, managed, and completed by 1 person, from start to finish so nothing gets lost or missed.

RON BOELTER WINDOW & SIDING

Roofing, Windows, Siding, Entry Doors, Gutters & Gutter Covers. We will go to any length to beautify your home. "B-O-E-L-T-E-R Boelter Is Better!" Serving southern Minnesota for over 27 year as your premiere exterior home improvement specialists.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Residential roofing, Commerical roofing, Heating and Air Conditioning installation, HVAC Service and Repair, Roof Service and Repair, 24/7 Emergency Service.

Ask for details.