Davis Comfort Systems Inc.

Founded 1999 • With Angi since October 2010

20765 Foley Rd

Mankato, MN 56001

Davis Comfort Systems provides complete residential & light commercial project design, sales, installation and service of HVAC. We always have some great financing offers available to qualified buyers. Davis Comfort Systems has experience with Green Technologies - GeoSystems and Heat Pumps since 1987. As a referral driven company we are always striving to provide our customers with 100% satisfaction. We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Burea and Angie's List. We Love Angie's list!...

07/19/2019

mary C.

They were very neat, prompt, professional and it was not expensive.

Description of Work
Divided the heat in the house, they gave me two thermostat so I can control the heat down stairs.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Good morning [Member Name Removed], Thank you for the kind words and I will be sure to share them with everyone on our team. I feel I can speak for everyone here at Davis Comfort Systems by hoping you have a wonderful 2019. Thank you for being a great customer. Tom Davis, President.

09/22/2017

Jennifer K.

The service tech called and said that we had a hole in our heat exchanger and that we needed a new furnace. He also said he took pictures of the hole. We decided to start getting bids on a new furnace and were told that there was no hole and that an inspection was probably not done. There was no hole drilled for the carbon monoxide to be tested. We asked to see the pictures that were taken of the hole. The picture that was sent to us was not of our furnace. It was a picture taken from the internet. Which we found on website that showed common holes in heat exchangers. It took us 2 more service calls to other companies to make sure we had nothing wrong with our furnace. We did let them come back out and the same service tech could not find the hole but did say we had a crack. Which was not true either. Our furnace is old but we do not have a hole or crack at this time.

Description of Work
We had a gift cert. for a furnace inspection.

10/09/2016

Lyn K.

Davis Systems put a heater in our garage this September and we are very happy with their work, professionalism and pricing. We checked with several companies before we settled on hiring Davis Systems. The sales person was prompt and courteous. The installers were excellent and answered all our questions thoroughly. We are very pleased and agree with the "A" rating they have earned.

Description of Work
Install garage heater.

05/02/2016

Vicki H.

Mitch, the representative from Davis, came to our house the same day we called him and was professional, very friendly, informative, and expedient. During one of the coldest periods of the winter, he arranged to get our furnace installed and working within one day. He even offered to lend us some space heaters for overnight (although we have a fireplace, so did not take him up on the offer.) He and others at the company also helped us to establish an appropriate financing option (including a full understanding of the terms of the financing) and to process the rebates from the energy companies. I did my homework in doing some cost comparisons and found their furnaces to be competitively priced. The installers they sent, Don and Benny, were polite (always careful not to track in snow, etc.), kept me informed of their progress throughout the day, and took the time to explain to me how to replace filters and how to work the thermostat. They also cleaned up after themselves completely when they finished. We had an entirely positive experience with the people at Davis.

Description of Work
Replaced our furnace after the former one suddenly "died."

05/07/2015

Dennis L.

Description of Work
New furnace and central air

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning

08/02/2014

Patricia N.

They arrived promptly, checked the furnace and then found a part that needed replacement. They made a temporary fix until the needed part was ordered, arrived, and then they called to install the new part. All in all, they were very professional, helpful, and followed up with the part installation. I would recommend them for any heating or air service.

Description of Work
Davis Comfort Systems came to check our furnace and make sure it was ready for the winter.

03/24/2014

Harriet P.

A member of the company came with in 20 minutes of my call for help at aprox 9:30 PM on a Thurseve, after I discovered water leaking out of my hot water heater. Everything was shut down and it stopped leaking. Because they were very busy with other customers my work was not begun for a few days. Two men came and worked long days, tearing out old system and installing new. Others came from Davis Comfort Systems to help or see if any more could be done. All were very efficient and friendly and hard workers, with good knowledge of what they were doing. Chris and Jay were the installers and I could not have had better workers. both knew their trade and worked at it diligently They put plastic down to protect carpet, and kept all their gear organized. They were here at the time they said they would be and cleaned the area after they were finished. The workers also discovered several problems in the original system and corrected all. I would recommend this company to any one who needs this type work done. Thanks to them I now have a VERY good system that is working properly and keeping me warm. I can not ask for anything better.... It is difficult to have a non-functioning unit but, the wonderful one that is now installed and working great, was worth the time I spent without heat or hot water. Kudos to all of them. Harriet Peterson

Description of Work
Removed non functioning furnace system and installed new more efficient one

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,water heater repair

01/19/2014

Dayle and Gena Z.

It wasn't an easy replacement but they were professional and stuck to the job at hand finishing in two days. Tim talked over every one of my concerns and we were very pleased with the results.

Description of Work
We needed a new air conditioning unit. We attempted to get quotes from several vendors. Some never replied. Some came out but never followed through (Schwickert's, Northern & Countryside) with a bid. Some took a real long time to follow through (Thorset). Davis Comfort Systems was the only company to act like they cared to have our business. Tim Ireland bothered to come to our house after putting together a bid and sit down and talk to us. We went with them even though they were the highest bid because they acted like they cared.

11/06/2013

Diane W.

All of the staff that we dealt with were extremely friendly and helpful! All of the staff were very professional and helpful on the phone and in person. They wore shoe covers when enter in the home and cleaned up all of their and quot;messand quot; when they were done with installation!

Description of Work
They installed a new air conditioner unit and also helped get our tankless water heater working again.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,water heater repair

another Very Satisfied Davis Comfort Systems customer.

10/01/2013

Dorothy C.

We were extremely pleased with all aspects of our experience with Davis Comfort Systems. A year ago when our 30-year-old HVAC system began to show its age, we sought bids for a new system from three local dealers. At that time we were most impressed with the professionalism and expertise of Davis Comfort Systems. Although we then decided to nurture our old system as long as possible, this summer our tired air conditioner decided differently during a heat wave. Davis quickly responded and within a week we had our new system. This included dual heating/cooling zones with controls for downstairs/upstairs, redesigning the venting system to accommodate this change, and also incorporating our wood-burner furnace into the system. The attention to detail in all aspects of the installation was unexpected but much appreciated. Friends who learned Davis Comfort Systems was installing our new Trane furnace and air conditioner responded with and quot;you'll be so pleasedand quot;, and they were right. We are very confident Davis Comfort Systems will stand by our purchase over the lifetime of our new system.

Description of Work
Davis Comfort Systems installed a new HVAC system, including dual heating/cooling zones.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

another Very Satisfied Davis Comfort Systems client. Thank You for your kind words!

05/17/2013

Beth G.

I would highly recommend Davis Comfort Systems. From start to finish, both installations went very smoothly. The technicians were on time and very professional. They completed the work as scheduled and left the job site very clean when they were done. They patiently answered all of my questions and ensured that I understood how everything worked (setting the thermostat, changing the filter, etc.). I am confident that Davis Comfort Systems was the best choice for meeting my heating and cooling needs.

Description of Work
Installed a Trane furnace in November 2012 and a Trane central air conditioning unit in May 2013.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Another Very Satisfied Davis Comfort Systems Customer. Thank You [member name removed].

05/13/2013

Lisa L.

We had three estimates for a new furnace and central air unit and installation. Of the three bids, only Davis Comfort System gave us an immediate bid that was detailed, itemized and understandable to the lay person. Additionally, this was the ONLY company that walked us through all of our options and assisted us with selecting the best unit for our needs. We never felt we were being and quot;sold toand quot; and never felt pushed to make a purchase we were not ready to make. Davis Comfort System was the ONLY company that had current information on Excel Energy and Centerpoint rebates. It was clear that Davis would also give us the best warranty and long term service. Everything was installed on time and we are very pleased with the whole experience!

Description of Work
New central air and furnace bid and installation.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Another Very Satisfied Davis Comfort Systems Customer. Thank You [removed member name].

03/11/2013

neale K.

Good advice.

Description of Work
they gave good technical info on Climate Master heating systems, even though I purchased the unit elsewhere.

03/03/2013

Ashley S.

Technician was extremely friendly. He provided us with all the information we wanted. We decided to ask him about the efficiency since we always see the rebates for newer efficent furnaces. He provided us with all the information we needed to make a decision. We will not be upgrading at this time but our current furnace is working very well. It turns out it was our thermostat which was going bad. He offered to replace it right away for us. We decided not to have him do it as we could do it ourselves. Since the furnace is working well and he did a tuneup we decided to go ahead and call about the CenterPoint Energy tuneup rebate. They had not had anyone inquire about it at that time, but they were really friendly and promptly looked into it for me. We would definitely call them again!

Description of Work
Annual Tune-up, diagnostics to determine why temperature was dropping down to 57 some nights without input from us

01/02/2013

randy D.

My old system failed 2 weeks before my parents were to arrive. Davis Comfort Systems had my new system in and operating before they arrived. They hadn't finished all the details but I had functional air conditioning. The new system works great. Heating and cooling are consistent throughout the house and the heating bills are way down. The service people were polite, professional and very helpful with learning the controls on the new system. I would recommend Davis Comfort Systems to anyone!

Description of Work
Tear out two furnaces, combine upstairs and basement systems and zone, install new Trane air source heat pump HVAC system, all related controls and ducting modifications.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Another Very Satisfied Davis Comfort Systems Customer. Thank You member for your kind words.

12/29/2012

Dennis L.

The inspector/salesman was very polite and knowledgeable. The installers were also very polite, professional and knowledgeable in performing the work. I will look to them for central air in the near future.

Description of Work
12/21/2012 An inspection of the old furnace was made, found a rusted out hole and suggested replacement options. 12/27/2012 Removed the old furnace and some of the duct work. Installed a new Trane furnace with new duct work and a new programmable thermostat.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank You for your response and it is customers like you that help make our day a success. Tom Davis General Manager.

11/05/2012

Dorothy C.

Since this was an estimate we requested, I would do the same as before. We would ask for at least three estimates from local firms. We did especially seek out any one of them on Angie's List and also rated by the BBB. It was important to document the way the estimates and follow-up by the representatives were handled. We felt we learned a lot from the process, which made clear the choice we would make.

Description of Work
Our 25 year old HVAC system was showing signs of wear and so we requested estimates from three local firms on three different systems. Davis Comfort Systems provided the most thorough and professional estimate. Their representative has years of experience with heating/air conditioning systems and knows Davis Comfort Systems' product and its installation completely. We received a detailed written estimate of the costs and services to be provided, leaving nothing to question later. Furthermore, the representative did follow-up calls, which assured us that once the sale was made, we would not be abandoned to fend for ourselves. Although the three different heating/AC units seems to have the same overall performance reports and evaluations, service seemed to be the differentiating factor. We were assured that Davis Comfort Systems would provide this service after purchase as they had professionally done before. Although we did not purchase at the time of the estimate, since our systems is still working adequately, we will definitely buy our next system from Davis Comfort Systems.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Member, I would like to thank you for your comments and compliments about our company and my staff. I have shared your words with them and we are looking forward to helping make your home a success. Sincerely, Tom Davis, Davis Comfort Systems.

07/18/2012

Maggi B.

They are always very friendly and very nice.

Description of Work
Davis Comfort Systems Inc. inspect and service our AC and furnace in the spring and fall.

Category air duct cleaning

Thanks Member for the kind words.

05/07/2012

james O.

Everything they did was just fine. I was pleased with their work.

Description of Work
I used Davis Comfort Systems Inc. for heating & AC. They had to trouble shoot why my furnace wasn't working.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Another Very Satisfied Davis Comfort Systems Customer :)

04/16/2012

Aaron S.

From start to finish, I could not have asked for more from Davis Comfort Systems. Tim came to provide an estimate, and came back repeatedly to ensure installation was going as planned and to address any questions I had throughout the process. Matt and Don, the installers, were professional and extremely polite, and did fantastic work. From here on out, I will contact Davis Comfort Systems for my future HVAC needs first.

Description of Work
Installation of a high efficiency heat pump/air conditioner.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

The member is Another Very Satisfied Davis Comfort Systems Customer :)

01/11/2012

Bill G.

Very professional, thorough in answering questions and came to the house more than once to talk about different options and ideas that I had.

Description of Work
replaces furnace and central air unit

08/10/2011

MARK K.

They are honest. They were able to diagnosed problem quickly and fixed issue promptly.

Description of Work
Wiring from the heat pump was frayed.

08/02/2011

Sue H.

Did a good job. Was there when he said he would be. Treated us fairly on the price.

Description of Work
Maintenance of mechanical systems

Another Very Satisfied and Happy Customer

06/16/2011

J B.

Technician found two defective parts. Found that one component which I believed to be bad was actually OK, saving me hundreds. They did miss one of the items on my work list so I had to remind them when they came back with the parts to complete the repairs.

Description of Work
Maintain and clean furnace, central air conditioner, heat recovery ventilator, electronic air cleaner. Diagnose a new noise in the a/c system. Balance hrv. Verify that retired exhaust stack and makeup air are sealed closed.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,water heater repair,air duct cleaning

Another Very Satisfied and Happy - Davis Comfort Systems Customer.

04/06/2011

Maggi B.

The company was excellent from start to finish. They arrived on time, did the entire job in 3 days We were informed of work as it was being performed and given instruction on how to use new thermostat. Tim, who was our initial contact, was available to help answer questions and give us explanations of our options so that we could make an informed choice as to replacing our furnace and adding the a/c unit.

Description of Work
Our old furnace was removed due to asbestoes and inefficiency. Davis Comfort System had to replace all the duct work and install new furnace and a/c unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,wallpaper removal

Another HAPPY very satisfied Davis Comfort Systems customer.

iSolar

$0 Down Financing Available! iSolar is a Design and Installer for Residential Homes and Commercial Businesses. Ask us about the benefits of solar through local and federal tax credits. iSolar handles all the design, install, utility approval, and permitting needs for your new Solar System. We are a local MN company who is in the business of saving people money and saving the environment for future generations. If you are interested in seeing if a Solar Energy System is right for your home or business call us today!

Wolf River Electric

Clean, Renewable Solar Energy can be used in almost any residential application. Saving thousands of dollars per year for decades! It will work on small or large homes with any type of roof. Wolf Electric has extensive experience in solar energy system design/installation on many projects throughout the Twin Cities Let your home be our next project!

Offers by Wolf River Electric on Angi

MasterCard, Discover, Check, Visa

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Davis Comfort Systems Inc.

How is Davis Comfort Systems Inc. overall rated?

Davis Comfort Systems Inc. is currently rated 5 overall out of 5.

What payment options does Davis Comfort Systems Inc. provide

Davis Comfort Systems Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: MasterCard, Discover, Check, Visa

Does Davis Comfort Systems Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, Davis Comfort Systems Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does Davis Comfort Systems Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Davis Comfort Systems Inc. does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Davis Comfort Systems Inc. offer a senior discount?

No, Davis Comfort Systems Inc. does not offer a senior discount.

Does Davis Comfort Systems Inc. offer emergency services?

Yes, Davis Comfort Systems Inc. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Davis Comfort Systems Inc.?

Yes, Davis Comfort Systems Inc. offers warranties.

What services does Davis Comfort Systems Inc. offer?

Davis Comfort Systems Inc. offers the following services: Davis Comfort Systems has a Live Answering Service to dispatch our comfort technicians 24/7. Our technicians have completed a full background check for your Peace of Mind. We hold weekly OSHA safety and manufacturer technical training meetings for all of our technicians. We are a Trane Comfort Specialist Dealer and we service most all major brands related to furnaces, heat pumps, air conditioning, boilers, air exchangers, humidifiers, air filtration, Nexia home intelligence.