Van Buren Landscape

Founded 1998 • With Angi since May 2008

We are a full-service landscape company specializing in design & installation. Van Buren Landscape is committed to providing quality work and professional results. We offer many selections to meet a wide range of interests. You may choose a soft scape with a variety of plant selections, or a

lawn & landscaping (36)hardscaping (12)mulch delivering (8)tree service (5)lawn care (4)drain pipe installation (3)outdoor kitchens (2)stone & gravel (2)Patios (1)Nurseries (1)playground equipment installation (1)

07/26/2021

Eric C.

Greg and team were amazing to work with. Not only was their bidding process easy to manage, their work was beyond my expectations. They did extensive work to ensure that my backyard will be dry from now on. While they were a little more expensive than the competition, I feel like I got an incredible value in the work they did. Greg said he was going to do things right and he did. Finally, the team was meticulous in keeping the worksite clean at the end of the day and left my yard in great shape. I would recommend Greg and his team to anyone without hesitation.

Description of Work
French Drain and Buried sump pump line

Category landscaping, drain pipe

Work Completed On 06/30/2021

05/12/2020

Kirby H.

Greg (the owner) and his son Galvin completed my project in 6 days. I like the responsiveness, knowledge, and quality of work this company provided. Greg is very friendly to talk to and gave me many good suggestions that I did not originally think about. I strongly recommend this company. Kirby Hsieh

Description of Work
Backyard landscaping. Install retaining walls. Resolve drainage issue.

Category landscaping, mulch, pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 05/08/2020

06/27/2019

DAVID A.

We hired Greg and his team to replace a retaining wall on our property. It was an ambitious project because it was over 5 feet tall which required special soil engineering and permitting. It was further complicated by the fact that it had a fence on top of it, and it was also near neighbors property which always causes anxiety for everybody. He and his team navigated the social relationships with the neighbors and the technical challenges like the soil engineering and other factors gracefully and effectively. We were very pleased. We had a variety of requests and conditions during the project and he was very flexible about accommodating them. I would gladly work with him and his team again.

Description of Work
Replace retaining wall

Work Completed On 06/27/2019

Review for Van Buren Landscape - PO Box 366, Loretto, MN - 37955559

05/31/2019

Chuck W.

Owner on site and supervises activity. Excellent and ethical contractor,. Really knows his stuff and does quality work.

Description of Work
Building retaining walls and working with erosion and ground water issues. Landscaping in monument area on community property. Drain tile.

Category landscaping, mulch, drain pipe, hardscaping

Work Completed On 05/08/2019

05/09/2019

Gretchen E.

Our project went very well. We have property that, in the backyard, adjoined a small woods. It was purchased by a commercial builder and entailed them taking down about 80% of the woods, and hence, our privacy and screening to a 40mph road. The commercial property, adjacent, is currently only slated to add minimum plantings so we want to get re-growth going. Van Buren Landscape helped advising and selecting trees and plantings toward renewing the view and privacy. We appreciated their responsiveness, recommendations, flexibility in discussion, work done well, and very excellent plant/tree product. As well, the owner, Greg, was knowledgeable and also personable. His team worked hard, and kept things moving forward, dealing with rain issues as well. Appreciate their work, would hire again. Location is Plymouth, Minnesota, USA.

Description of Work
Backyard Landscape and screening project

Work Completed On 05/09/2019

Review for Van Buren Landscape - PO Box 366, Loretto, MN - 37866808

09/08/2018

DAVID A.

They were booked for the rest of the season. But they told me promptly so I could look elsewhere.

Description of Work
I needed a retaining wall to be replaced

Work Completed On 09/08/2018

08/22/2018

Michael F.

We met with Greg last fall to discuss our project and chose his ideas because we felt he better understood our goals (and thus didn't 'overkill' what was supposed to be a relatively simple and clean project). The price was quite satisfactory as well. Even though weather this summer meant we had to wait a bit longer than we would have liked (that's Mother Nature's fault though), Greg always kept us in the look on when our job would come up. The actual work was done quickly and professionally, and we are very pleased with the results. We are looking forward to the resulting flora in all of our new perennials!

Description of Work
Softscaping Refresh of backyard

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch

Work Completed On 08/10/2018

03/22/2018

Elizabeth H.

Excellent work! Greg and his crew are all extremely pleasant and professional to deal with. We have hired them for several projects over the past five plus years, and have been pleased with all of the results. Greg designed and his crew planted our entire front landscape with an excellent variety of plants and shrubbery that bloom throughout the season. We have them scheduled to come back this spring to do more work.

Description of Work
Designed and planted front landscape. Paving and hardscaping to create walkways. Planted trees and grass. Mulching.

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service, hardscaping

Work Completed On 03/20/2018

01/19/2016

Janet S.

I was happy with the design and impressed with the installation. Everything was great. Except one of the bushes died over the winter. I called them in the spring and they came out and replaced it, free of charge, digging a deeper hole and adding more compost. They told me to call again if this one had problems.

Description of Work
Designed and installed a new entryway

Work Completed On 05/01/2012

01/17/2016

Kevin L.

While the project grew and lasted quite awhile it turned out great! There were 2 large walls built and we added stairs into one of them. The largest wall required an engineer. Both walls turned out great. Greg was very accomadating and also very meticulous. I would not hesitate to hire them again.

Description of Work
They built retaining walls with stairs.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Work Completed On 07/15/2015

01/06/2016

Karen S.

He was plenty busy so we had to wait a while to get on his schedule, but he told us that up front. Then snow came and it forced us to wait until the next spring. He was very knowledgeable in what/how to plant after he was done. His price seemed expensive, but the equipment he needed to complete the job is not cheep to buy nor maintain.

Description of Work
Graded around garage to get rid of water problem. Very tight space to work in.

Work Completed On 04/06/2015

12/14/2015

Mark K.

Greg is very knowledgable and a pleasure to work with. We communicated by phone and email a few times before the job to coordinate details and finalize the schedule based on weather conditions. He came on time and did the work as expected and discussed. Some of the work needs to be finished I. The spring, and I look forward to having him out to finish the job.

Description of Work
Grading to direct water away from foundation.

Work Completed On 12/01/2015

10/26/2015

Martha F.

Our Association has been working with Van Buren for 3 plus years. The results have been excellent from planning to implementation to quality of work. They are timely and professional. We have not experienced any issues at all with any of the work they have done which includes major landscaping to large retaining wall projects. From a personal standpoint, I appreciate the honesty, communications/review of the work and accessibility if there are any questions. I would highly recommend Van Buren Landscaping.

Description of Work
Van Buren Landscape replaced two large retaining walls at our Association, extended a third and resolved a drainage issue by modifying the landscaping. Our Association has been working with Van Buren for 3 plus years. Prior projects have included challenging landscaping projects on a larger scale remediating drainage issues.

Category hardscaping

Work Completed On 10/05/2015

05/01/2015

Carrie C.

Very friendly, knowledgeable, and quick. Quote was very reasonable but we felt that the job might be a little bit bigger than the typical work he does. After three quotes we chose a different provider.

Description of Work
Provided a quote for a new patio and fire pit.

Category landscaping, patios, outdoor kitchens

04/16/2015

Karen S.

Looks like it should do the job. Some minor damage to the trim on garage was reported to me promptly and repairs have been scheduled. Seems very trustworthy.

Description of Work
Grading around existing garage and shed to improve drainage. Tight space to work between trees, shrubs and building. Made good recommendations for ground cover in a heavily shaded area where grass will not grow. Planted grass seed in the areas where grass will grow and covered with straw. Seemed very knowledgeable in working with trees and plants.

Category landscaping, tree service

Work Completed On 04/16/2015

03/10/2015

Deanna S.

It went very well. Greg is knowledgeable, professional, thinks outside the box, and does quality work. He even trimmed a tree and added some dirt to areas without charging me. Greg and his crew were polite and made sure the area was clean when they were done for the day. I would recommend them to anyone having grading issues.

Description of Work
Grading, connected sump pump to storm sewer.

Category landscaping, tree service

Work Completed On 11/10/2014

01/31/2015

Mark S.

Greg and his crew at Van Buren Landscaping did a great job on my landscape remodeling project. They presented a detailed plan ahead of time with exactly what would be done and included both drawings and a material list. They came in and got the job done in about three days and checked back with me afterwards to make sure that I was completely satisfied. I've used them before and will do so again.

Description of Work
Removed existing overgrown shrubs and replaced with all-new plantings.

Work Completed On 10/22/2014

11/14/2014

ELIZABETH A.

Greg is so easy to work with. He is very knowledgeable about choosing the right mix of plants for the location. He was careful to double check the location of our property lines and have the utilities marked to ensure a safe and appropriate landscape installation. His crew were hard working and respectful. The end result is beautiful. The lawn was not damaged despite the large amount of activity and equipment used. This is the second project that we have hired Van Buren Landscape to do and we are glad that we did.

Description of Work
Greg came in advance to walk through the property, hear our ideas and make suggestions based on our site and needs. His team removed a bunch of unwanted large shrubs (including some buckthorn) and weeds, transplanted many small boxwood and hosta and planted a large variety of new perennials. A brick edging and mulch were installed. They did some grading to ensure proper drainage around the house and cleaned up after finishing.

Category landscaping, mulch

Work Completed On 10/15/2014

10/30/2014

Adam T.

I contacted Van Buren Landscape to quote out some landscaping that my wife and I wanted done at our home. He came out and I walked him around the property and told him what we were looking to have done. Since we wanted to have a lot of landscaping done he was going to put together a plan and quote and get back to us in 2 weeks. Approximately 8 weeks later he finally contacted us to let us know he had not started on the plan yet, we kindly said there was no longer a need because we had selected a different landscaper.

Work Completed On 10/01/2014

10/24/2014

Scott B.

It went very well. Very professional and respectful. Timing just wasn't right.

Description of Work
Met with me and went over my projects

Work Completed On 06/24/2014

06/17/2014

Ryan S.

Greg arrived and we discussed my initial thoughts, and after some discussion and looking at my yard, Greg had a fantastic idea to level off a portion of my backyard, build a retaining wall and then fill that to level and complete the job. He was willing to allow me to build the sandbox to save some cost. Ultimately we did not have the work performed because we are debating moving, however I would absolutely hire Greg to do the work if we were staying. He is professional and very creative, and his price was actually lower than I expected, especially after going with his idea.

Description of Work
Greg came and gave me an estimate on doing some significant work to redo my kids play area in our backyard.

Category landscaping, playground equipment

05/02/2014

Diann H.

Greg was prompt in arriving at our home, seemed knowledgable regarding products, but he never got back to us with the estimate. We haven't heard from him.

Description of Work
Greg came out to our home on Wednesday, April 16, 2014, to estimate the cost of removing an existing retaining wall and replacing it with a boulder or block wall. Upon leaving, Greg stated that he would get an estimate to us by the following Monday.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Work Completed On 04/16/2014

Hi (Member name removed), I was happy to meet with you and your husband. I am sorry you didn't get the estimate. I sent the estimate on April 21, 2014 to the email address you gave me, the email went through. I noticed the email you then sent to me expressing the disappointment, was from a different email address you had not told me about. I then resent the estimate to the new address in a reply and also followed up with a phone call in which you did not answer. I then left a message for you apologizing and did not hear back from you. I am sorry, if you check the email account you originally gave me I am sure you will find the estimate in there. Thank you, God bless Greg Van Buren Landscape

04/24/2014

David J.

I really liked them. They did a fabulous job. I'm really pleased with them and I particularly liked the foreman. The price was great, for what they did the price was incredibly fair. The job that they did was really exceptional. It was not an easy job.

Description of Work
I've used Van Buren Landscape removing a tonne of rock and then re-scoping or re-contouring . They had to re-contour my side yard to deal with the water problem. They put in a bunch of mulch and then they rearranged some large rocks that I had.