Aero Drapery & Blind

Founded 1946 • With Angi since January 2001

75 W Viking Dr

Little Canada, MN 55117

For generations, the interior decorating and window treatment specialists at Aero Drapery & Blind have been serving the greater Minneapolis-St. Paul area with exceptional service and quality products. With showrooms in Burnsville, Little Canada, and the newest location Maple Grove, Aero Drapery &

10/05/2020

Leann M.

First vm (9/26) was not responded to; 2nd call (9/30) I called and got a person but again, I got no call from repair service. I then got a call from Caleb (10/1) asking if repair service had called me (no); I called again (10/5) and finally received a call from Kaitlin that evening to schedule an appointment. No service appointment was available until 10/29! This is so not acceptable to have to wait this long, through no fault of my own, to have a broken blind looked at!

Description of Work
Warranty repair

Category window treatments

I am very sorry to hear that this happened. We have contacted a different service tech who will be contacting you to schedule a sooner date. Update - I am glad our installer was able to fit you in on the schedule for Monday 10/12. I apologize for the initial miscommunication.

12/19/2018

Michael A.

Amazing! Aero was by far the most responsive and affordable Hunter Douglas option in the Twin Cities. Great customer service/sales (Gretchen!!) and amazing/fast installation by true professionals (Paul!!). A wonderful experience and would highly recommend. Perfect for our loft in Downtown Minneapolis.

Description of Work
Windows Covered with Hunter Douglas Power View

08/19/2017

Mary D.

Met with salesperson at the showroom prior to coming to my house. Good idea as we could see the different window treatments available. Once at the house we were able to choose the color of the treatments. Thoroughly satisfied with the whole experience.

Description of Work
Help with choosing window treatments for the living room.

05/05/2017

Roberta H.

Installation was smooth and on time.

Description of Work
The interior designer gave us bad advice on the color and style of the window coverings. When they were installed they looked very different from what we were expecting based on the picture and sample she showed us.

05/01/2017

Sandy S.

They were good quality. They were fine. I like the product. They were professional. It was fine. I am sure the workers were fine.

Description of Work
They installed blinds.

Category blind cleaning

03/07/2017

Walter P.

The process was seamless and pleasant. Showroom: Sharon - I decided to visit the Aero showroom in Little Canada after confirming they were the company I wanted to use based on Angie's List quality and quantity of reviews. Sharon, the woman present and the window dressing expert, spent about two hours showing me every combination of window treatment, operability of each type, color, material, motorized vs. non-motorized, etc. Sharon was wonderful and completely helpful as I was able to decide that day what type of window dressing I wanted so when the consultant came to my house it would save time in not having to explain everything twice. Two hours definitely worth your time as there are so many options, textures, colors, operation mechanisms. Impressed by the depth and breadth of knowledge of Sharon, we exchanged information and I set up an in home consult. In home Consultation - Susie B. - Within a day or two, I received a phone call from Susie who made an appointment convenient for me and only a few days later. Susie arrived on time with multiple boxes of samples, colors, textures etc. I ask a lot of questions and Susie answered all of them to my satisfaction. I gave Susie a tour of the house and where the new treatments would be located. She measured each window with proper room identifiers and then we sat down to discuss the details. We looked at colors, textures, etc. etc. She provided input for each area based on my feedback and made a wonderful suggestion for my large picture window and how a duolite privacy/light option would give me exactly what I wanted for the main room. I did not even know an option like that existed. She also provided input for a bathroom window using a "California"style shutter that was perfect for an environment that would have on and off humidity. Long story short, Susie spent at least 3 hours for my consult and provided knowledge and information, again, that I had no desire to research myself and was amazed at how far window treatments have come since the days of aluminum blinds and pull strings. Susie wrote up the details and was on her way. She also made several follow-up calls letting me know the timing of the install and personally delivered several boxes of temporary "paper shades" that stick to the window so I have privacy while waiting for the permanent install. Installation - Todd - Todd came to my house to make a final measure before placing my order. Susie did the measuring and Todd completed the measuring to the 1/16". Aero called me the week before the blinds were to be delivered (everything is custom made to exact specifications) and set up a date and time, again to my convenience, to install my project. Todd arrived at the scheduled date and time to install my project and I was amazed at how simple yet so durable the installation process was. Very impressive!! Todd did a fantastic job of installation and everything looks better than I had even imagined. Susie followed up a few days later to ask how everything looked and to ensure that I was completely satisfied. I was more than satisfied and these shades are 1000% better than the conventional blinds you find at a big box store. They cost more, but they will never have to be replaced and come with a fantastic lifetime warranty. Last thing I forgot to mention is that when reviewing the Angie's List reviews, I did notice that the owner reads each and every review and comments where appropriate whether good or bad. The few negative feedbacks were properly addressed by the owner which gave me more confidence in choosing Aero, plus they are in the city next store, so it's nice to support a local business and get the personal touch. I could continue writing though I have made my point that Aero Blinds provided complete satisfaction and quality from the moment I entered the showroom to the time the installer left. Thanks again for a great job!!

Description of Work
Aero Drapery & Blind provided a showroom viewing, in home consult, design and installation of ten (10) Hunter Douglas window treatments (cellular shades). I chose Aero based on the quantity and quality of Angie's List reviews and after visiting their showroom and Little Canada. Essentially a double verification process. Good online reviews confirmed by a visit to the showroom.

Category interior designers, window treatments

03/08/2016

Linda W.

After reading my review a representative of aero drapery contacted me immediately. They had discussed the problem with all involved and wanted to call and apologize for any problems or miscommunications that may have occurred. Very courteous and very professional. I completely feel they took the review very seriously and made definite steps to address the problems. Because of this response and because of the concern of the company, I will not hesitate to contact this company and use them now and in the future. I gave them a C the other day and today I give them a definite A+

Description of Work
I had written a review of aero drapery due to an experience in getting a quote.

03/06/2016

Linda W.

late for appointment. She did call but arrived even later than the updated arrival time. Although she was very pleasant it just seemed that she didn't know the products needed for my situation very well but have to give her credit in that she said she would find the answers quote came back stating a different type shade than the one I choose due to restrictions but since I didn't know which shades they were I couldn't make a decision long time to get estimate back just decided the relationship wasn't working for me

Description of Work
came to give a quote

01/12/2016

MARGOT R.

Kelly Matson came out to measure, discuss options and she is clearly a wealth of information. She really knows her products and is very professional and eager to help. In the end, we decided to go with another vendor who we had previously worked with and who had a better price for the job. But I would not hesitate to recommend Kelly Matson to others. She is a real asset to the company.

Description of Work
Measured for patio and bedroom blinds.

09/30/2015

Janet E.

Nate came out to the house to measure and review the product options after my visit to the display room. He helped me choose the right color, quality, and mechanism for the blinds. They have cleaned up the appearance of the window and fit with the older windows of my house. The best part is that they will keep the heat in, the sun out, and provide the privacy that I need at night. As I already indicated the installation took little time and the packaging materials were cleaned up and packed out.

Description of Work
Nate from Aero blinds/Maple Grove Office helped me order blinds for my DR and LR. They just came today. They are great! The process was efficient, yet very helpful and the installation took less than 30 min. I am very pleased.

Category blind cleaning, window treatments

08/23/2015

Melanie T.

Kelly Mattson is a fantastic resource for window coverings. She visited with me in July to look at our new home and discuss possibilities. I was interested in wood or faux wood blinds for our living room, but she brought samples of shutters and sold me on installing shutters in the living room and on the sidelights of our front door as well. We also installed a top down bottom up Duette honeycomb blind in a large staircase window. Now that they are all installed, I am so happy that she recommended the shutters. They look so classy in our living room and were worth the additional cost, because they look like they were built in and we will never have the problem of blinds being at all different lengths and angles when opening/closing. The shutters are beautiful, easy to operate, easy to open and clean and provide exactly the right amount of light filtering and privacy. We are also happy with the Duette blind in the staircase because it operates so smoothly and looks great against our walls & trim. Tom, who came out to install, worked so efficiently (only about 2 hours!) and was also extremely helpful and knowledgeable about Aero Drapery's products. We are having Kelly out to talk about some other windows in the next month and would highly recommend Aero Drapery for window coverings.

Description of Work
Installed shutters and blinds on several windows in our new home.

06/16/2015

CINDY W.

Debbie Miller provided excellent decorating ideas. She went through each area with me and spent time going through each fabric selection until I was pleased with our choices. We worked on 3 different rooms and she was patient and had amazing fabric choices and ideas. I had been avoiding getting privacy shades in these areas because I didn't want to take away from my beautiful windows. Debbie brought her decorating ideas and made my windows look amazing. Not only did these treatments fit my rooms they added another dimension of beauty to the already beautiful windows. My husband and I are very pleased. Debbie definitely knows her craft and has an expertise needed when there are so many choices out there. Thanks to her and her design ideas! Debbie was also so pleasant to work with. I have recommended Debbie to our neighbors who are looking at decorating their new homes. She is one of those once in a lifetime people that you know you will go back if you can work with her again!! :-)

Description of Work
Debbie Miller provided decorating samples, designs, advise. She measured all areas and worked with me on all of the different areas as I was working on my kitchen, foyer, great room and landing.

Category interior designers, window treatments

(removed member name), Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I am really pleased that you are getting the perfect window treatment choices for your home. Also thank you for referring me to your neighbors and I hope to hear from them soon! Hope your week is going well. Regards, Debbie

03/11/2015

Anton K.

The sales process with Debbie was SUPER easy and nice. She was pleasant, friendly, and very nice. We loved having her over. The blinds and valances took exactly as long as they said they would. The installer showed up on time and got it done in 1/2 day as promised. We loved working with Debbie at AERO. Don't look anywhere else, you will like what you see!

Description of Work
Debbie came out and measured our home for new blinds. She was absolutely FABULOUS!!! She knows her stuff. She suggested what we could do, helped my wife design the valances and really spent some time making sure we picked the right stuff for our home!

03/05/2015

Robert D.

The whole experience was really easy and went quite well. Natalie our sales lady and Paul the installer were very responsive and showed real professional work. Natalie worked out an intial quote...waited a few days then informed us of a new Hunter Dougals special discount program and we took advantage of that to buy more blinds. Overall we saved more money and were able to furnish blinds for all windows. No drapes ordered, just window coverings. Paul came out to take final measurements and the install went quick and he explained how to work the blinds. We feel if anything goes wrong that Aero will help us out. They have a nice showroom.

Description of Work
Sales lady came to new home construction, with her samples we figured out what we wanted, she took measurements and then sent us a quote

02/24/2015

Curt L.

The drapes were made about one year too soon and hung in their warehouse causing them to have "hanging marks" that have never relaxed or come out of the fabric. The salesperson was told that we can't have the drapes ordered until the wallpaper was hung and ceilings painted first, then the drapes can be ordered and brought out for install. The fabric is horrible, it looks "cheap". They don't hang correctly and need to be adjusted and pressed. We would rather have our old drapes put back up, because that fabric is better quality than what we have now. Addendum: Aero's comment and I quote: "Well meaning relative" is NOT true at all. These words came directly from my mother's mouth who purchased the drapes. I am her adult son 47 years old this year, I also have lived with my mother long before we contacted Aero. My mother hates these drapes, I hear it EVERY DAY from her. In fact she wants me to put her old AERO drapes back up, take the new drapes down and drop them on Aero's doorstep. Her words, not mine.

Description of Work
Made and installed custom drape's in the living and dining rooms.

Category window treatments

We were disappointed to receive this review although it is not from our customer but from a well meaning relative. We would not start a project without the authorization and deposit from a customer. Furthermore, we have a liberal prorated product replacement policy. We have encouraged and would continue to encourage the customer, even after years, to contact us to take advantage of this policy if they wish.

12/30/2014

jay V.

Aero Drapery advertised a sale on Hunter Douglas products. Sales person showed up on time with samples. Her presentation was very professional. No pressure. She asked enough questions to help guide us to our choice of fabric and color for our new window shades. The estimated time for delivery and installation was 4 - 6 weeks. The shades were delivered and installed in about 3 weeks. The installer was also very professional, right down to vacuuming up any drywall dust from the installation. Plus we got a $125 rebate card from Hunter Douglas.

Description of Work
We needed window treatments for new windows in our bedrooms and a bathroom.

Category window treatments

Thank you for the positive review! I am so glad you are happy with your selections. Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns throughout the life of your Hunter Douglas window fashions. I look forward to working with you again! Thanks! - Diane

12/30/2014

Sandra L.

They came in with samples to help confirm selections made in their showroom, they measured each window and made delivery within two-three weeks. They then installed all six window shades within 30 minutes, arriving right on time. They took out an old window treatment that needed some repairs and completed the repair free of charge, shipping it back to us for installation with no charges. The treatment was nearly 20 years old and purchased from another vendor.

Description of Work
Purchased window shades for windows throughout second floor of our home.

Category window treatments

Thank you for the nice review! I am so glad you are pleased with your experience. Customer service is very important to us so please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns throughout the life of your window treatments. Thanks again! - Debbie

11/03/2014

Timothy B.

Price was reasonable. They were easy to work with. Installation seems good and they were on time.

Description of Work
deliver and install wood blinds

10/13/2014

CLAUDIA R.

We picked out thse we liked and she worked up a pricing sheet After we got our next estimate, we chose The second company instead. Their pricing was somewhat lower. They also offered 2year interest free financing which Aero does not have. WE closed the deal with the second company.

Description of Work
Showed us all sorts of Hunter Douglas shades

Category window treatments

I'm sorry we could not help you this time, we are pleased to announce a free financing plan will be available soon.

09/22/2014

Patricia J.

There was a problem with the way the skylights were installed, I was not happy. Nalalie my salesperson got everything worked out and I was happy with the redo. Also the pulls for the blinds were on the wrong side and that was also taken care of.

Description of Work
There was alittle problem with the instulation but the sales person Natalie was very helpful with getting things straighten out.

Category window treatments

Thank you for the review! I'm sorry there was a small issue with the installation, but I'm glad we were able to sort it out. It was great working with you and hope that you enjoy your new window treatments for years to come! ~Natalie

09/05/2014

loretta J.

Anna come to my home on several occasions to assist and oversee the selection process and installation. Janice came out to press the drapes. The install was also quick and perfect. I cant say enough about the outstanding service and products I received from Aero. Anna was excellent and I would strongly recommend this company, and have been to all who admire my new window treatments.

Description of Work
new window treatments including shutters, drapery and roman shades

09/03/2014

KRISTIN S.

Initial measurement of master bedroom windows was off, so delivery time was delayed for that room. Guest room blinds went in perfectly. Good prices, great prompt service and both the installer and estimator were very professional and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Installed blinds in two bedrooms

Category window treatments

It was great working with you! I am glad we were able install your Duette honeycomb shades in within the time frame. Thank you for your business! -Kelly

08/01/2014

Barbara T.

Initially we had some bumps with the original designer that came out to the home and the installation was not as envisioned. (She was a little late and unprepared and didn't do a good job of walking through the design and measurements - as a result, there were some disconnects between what we'd envisioned and what was initially installed.) Rather that detailing that out further, however, the point of this review - and what warrants the A rating - is that when I called to express our dissatisfaction, another designer (Anna) came out to the home to review our issues, and Aero bent over backwards to correct the problems. Anna talked through every detail around what she was going to do to resolve our concerns, they threw in a rod treatment (which greatly improved the look) at no additional cost, and kept us informed every step of the way until the new installation date. I have used Aero several times in the past and have always had a great experience the first time, and the way in which they stood by their work until we were satisfied even with this unusual, less-than-perfect experience further instilled my confidence in using and recommending them for window treatments.

Description of Work
Skyline window treatments for glass door

Category window treatments

Thank you [member name removed] and [member name removed] for your patience in resolving your order. I am so glad that the Skyline with the cassette gave [member name removed] the look she was invisioning. The product she selected was just the perfect one for her décor. We so appreciate your business and look forward to the next time. ~Anna

07/29/2014

CATHY G.

I have had mostly good luck with Aero in the past, and they have provided all of my Hunter Douglas mini-blinds on my main floor. We have one new window, about 54" by 57" which needed a mini-blind, and a much smaller bathroom window. Nancy was prompt, knowledgeable about the product, and helpful. We were able to exactly match what I already had in my home. She gave me the $100 off Angie's List discount (I had a coupon). The mini-blinds arrived in three to four weeks, and Paul scheduled my installation, was on time, and did a great job putting them up. I will continue to use Aero for window treatments.

Description of Work
Purchased and had installed two mini-blinds.

07/16/2014

Suchitra S.

I've worked with Aero Drapery in the past, Nancy Brown in particular. They are very responsive, professional, and fair in pricing. Nancy is always a pleasure to work with, and helps you find the most suitable window treatments for your room. Aero provides a wide choice of high quality window treatments as well and installation. In my experience, they have always scheduled measuring appointments promptly, and are very fast in turnaround from order to installation (3 weeks in my experiences). I have ordered Hunter Douglas window treatments from them in the past, and while they are not the least expensive, they always find a way to apply discounts to make it more affordable. I highly recommend Aero Drapery for their selection and service.

Description of Work
Measured for and recommended window treatments

Category window treatments

Hi [Member name removed] - I have so enjoyed working with you in your beautiful home! The Hunter Douglas Architella shades that you have chosen look and function perfectly.Thank you so much for your kind words, and I'd love to help you with any future soft treatments or window coverings. Thanks again! ~Nancy