Thor Electric

Founded 2009 • With Angi since January 2010

20385 Iberia Ave

Lakeville, MN 55044

We are a small, family operated electrical comany-THOR Electric LLC. I am a master electrician with over ten years experience and am currently licensed, bonded, and insured. Customer Service is our number one goal - fast, clean, and prompt. We offer a 7 year warranty on all our residential customers absolutely free. check it out at www.plus5.org. e operate on a per hour wage or bid per job....

05/16/2019

George C.

I had a disposal unit on its last legs, so bought a new one and had Norblom Plumbing come out to install. Before they got to the appointment, I got things ready for them by cleaning out stuff under the sink and unboxing the disposal. There I discovered I had a problem in that the unit had a 3 prong plug and my old disposal was hard wired electrically to the unit. So, I get to Angie's list and found Thor Electric in Lakeville. I probably could have done this myself, but at 65, like with the disposal, I hated the thought of being under the sink as I have done in the past. Plus, I probably would not have put the heavy duty outlet on that Kyle did and it would not have been right to code, so glad I did not do it... I called Kyle and he said he could stop over later the same day and possibly fit me in. I had called the plumbing company meanwhile and cancelled because of the problem. Kyle told me just use an extension on the disposal till I get there to do the outlet. I don't know why I or the plumbing company did not think of that, but I called them back and they had filled my appointment, but could come out at the next appointment, which was open because of me. So the plumber came, did his thing (review of Norbloom Plumbing if interested) and then Kyle came and put in the new outlet.Kyle was friendly, efficient, and fitted me in on short notice, which was great. I could give a grade of C on price, but as I said in my review of Norblom Plumbing, I am a little out of touch with how much these guys cost now, and they cost some dough to come out to your house and do a service call, fact of life like doctors and taxes. I always say i think it is better to have a skill/trade rather than 4 years to college and not know what you want to do. As an airline pilot/instructor/FAA Examiner I had both college and a skill that is hard to duplicate unless you have the experience. Same with these guys, they have a skill to analyze a problem and fix the problem correctly born over years of experience. They get paid for it, thus the A...

Description of Work
Electrical Outlet for Garbage Disposal Unit in Kitchen

Category electrician

Thank you for the kind review sir. It was a pleasure doing business with you.

10/22/2018

Steven F.

Thor's Electric was able to fix my old ceiling fan. We were then able to return the new fan we had purchased saving us over $100.

Description of Work
Fix ceiling fan or install new fan if old one couldn't be fixed.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

06/20/2018

JUDY N.

I'm very pleased with this company. Responsive? Kyle answered the phone when I called for info, and he was able to give me an immediate estimate. When Kyle and his apprentice arrived, they came with the necessary ladder and tools. (In the past, I've hired electricians who came to the door with no tools, even though I'd asked them to do a specific task.) They took off their shoes without being asked and went to work. Got the job done efficiently, and even helped disassemble the old fixture for easier disposal. Plus, the price was much better than the other estimates I got. My only complaint is about punctuality. I scheduled the work for 8:30 am. No one showed, and at 8:45 am, I called. They were just heading out and didn't arrive until after 9:00 am. I understand last-minute issues can arise that impact timing, but it would have been nice to get a call letting me know they were running late. I told that to Kyle, and he was apologetic. Bottom line: Thor Electric will be my first call the next time I need electrical work done.

Description of Work
replace ceiling fixture (fan with lights)

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

01/03/2018

Ed S.

It went very well, done in about an hour. Two guys and cleaned up after themselves. About what I expected to pay for Fixture install.

Description of Work
Changed light fixture in Dining room to transform to an office space. Wanted some recessed light too, but they couldn't do it without tearing up ceiling. Did not want that mess, so just did fixture.

12/12/2017

Cindy B.

Great! Would definitely hire again!

Description of Work
Circuit breaker and outlet replaced

12/08/2017

James M.

Kyle was fantastic! We have a new house that had some fuse box issues. We hired Kyle to help us get our inflatables and Christmas lights up and running. He was punctual, efficient, and gave us a fair price. He was able to squeeze us in even though his holiday schedule was crazy. Will hire him again if needed!

Description of Work
Fuse box issues

11/30/2017

Jackie O.

Kyle was here on time and did the repair in less than an hour. Very satisfied.

Description of Work
Outlets in kitchen stopped working.

10/06/2017

Dorie V.

Kyle told me that he would provide me an estimate in the next few days. He mentioned that they were busy and they wouldn't be able to schedule something until September, which was fine. It's now October and I never received an estimate or heard from Kyle again. I found someone else to help us and won't be needing Thor Electric in the future.

Description of Work
I sent a message to this company about August 8, 2017 on Angie's list, I needed electrical work done in the unfinished basement. Kyle contacted me about a week later and said he could come out an give me an estimate.

09/19/2017

Lynda K.

They did a great job figuring out what the problem was and fixed it. I will hire them in the future if necessary. Very nice to work with.

Description of Work
I had a light that would not turn off due to a low voltage relay that burned out.

08/29/2017

Kimberly P.

Perfect. They gave me a good estimate, including finding an appropriate fixture, then they did it under budget. The fan looks great (no damage to ceiling) works perfectly, and most importantly, the model they picked met the noise specification I wanted. They sent me an invoice so I could pay online, which was convenient and professional. The were great to deal with via the messaging service here online, and on the phone. They were conscientious and courteous at my home. Customer for life.

Description of Work
Install a new, quiet bathroom fan/light combo in downstairs bathroom

Category electrician, lighting, home remodeling

Thank you for the great review [Member Name Removed]!

08/11/2017

Megan G.

Thor Electrical was very timely, and reliable.

Description of Work
repair electrical outlets, add grounded outlets

07/12/2017

Jack T.

Excellent, did what he was supposed to in a professional & timely manner.

Description of Work
Find a short in pool pump

06/02/2017

Holly H.

Perfect! The crew arrived early, which was great. They did the job in less than an hour and were totally professional and friendly.

Description of Work
We had a faulty overhead light that needed a new box and light installed, and a smoke detector that needed the wiring shut down.

06/01/2017

Tasha H.

Great! It was just the switch that wasn't working. Kyle fixed it in 15 minutes and had a spare in the van.

Description of Work
Light fixture stopped working.

05/30/2017

Lisa J.

Very patient with me (single mother) and did a great job!

Description of Work
I could not figure out what was wrong with my garage heater. He was able to determine it was a problem with the circuit breaker for the heater. Fixed it and then also did several other small jobs I needed done.

05/24/2017

Garrett Z.

Kyle from Thor Electric was great to work with. He was very professional and offered a great price with his great service. I was looking to get an outdoor 120 V outlet for a hot tub installed on the side of our house. Kyle came out and gave us a free quote and then was able to schedule us right away the next week. He kept us in the loop during the day of and got the work done fast. Very personable and nice to work with. He is now on our list for local electric work for sure.

Description of Work
Outdoor Outlet Installation

05/17/2017

Earl E.

Everything was perfect, described work over phone and received quotation, made appointment, arrived on time and did a good job, had all the tools he needed, worked quickly and charged according to estimate. I would not hesitate to call Kyle for future electrical work,

Description of Work
Installed electric heater in three season sun room.

Category electrician

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! It was a pleasure to meet you and your wife!

05/08/2017

Douglas F.

Upon arrival, the technician only brought two 'used' timers, and one new extremely expensive timer. Ended going appr. 2 miles to buy a reseasonble priced one at Menards. Timer was defective, and had to be fixed the following day. NOTE: Defective timer was of no fault from the technician. Works fine now.

Description of Work
Needed to have an interior timer for an outside light replaced.

04/17/2017

Mark I.

perfect ... Thor is the best in the area with fair prices and wonderful service.

Description of Work
Lamps and plug installations

04/13/2017

Madelyn B.

It wasn't a big project. They are competent and professional. He was here for about 15 minutes. He didn't make a mess.

Description of Work
Replace an outlet.

04/10/2017

Travis B.

They showed up on time, cleaned up after themselves, and everything was installed as discussed. Overall, we were very pleased with their work.

Description of Work
Two ceiling fans, two bathroom exhaust fans, and a couple outlets.

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

03/22/2017

Jan K.

All went perfectly from the initial contact through completion. Kyle stopped over the same date that I contacted him for an estimate. I received prompt answers to all questions. Arrived as scheduled with helpers. Completed the job in the estimated time frame, left jobsite nicely cleaned up and my final bill matched the quoted amount. Thor Electric is a small company that provided excellent service. I highy recommend and definitely would use again.

Description of Work
Upgraded to LED can lighting, installed new smoke/carbon monoxide detectors, added undercabinet lighting, hung new light fixtures, added switches and outlets.

Category lighting

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your wonderful review!

03/14/2017

Curt A.

I've had great experience with Thor Electric. I've used them probably half a dozen times over the last three or four years. They're just professional and their prices have always been good. They've always been able to work me in for whatever I need done; they're able to make it happen. I just like those guys. They know their stuff, it's a good price, and they do their job.

Description of Work
They wired up a TV above my fireplace.

Category electrician, home theater design

01/12/2017

Lisa B.

The entire fix took about 10 minutes, which was surprising. Kyle would have normally done the work, however brought a team over to assist with the job as he wasn't able to stay. They were respectful of the house showed me the finished work to ensure I saw that everything was completed correctly. Kyle noticed several items on our "to fix" list and thought to ask about another electrical concern (which we plan to fix ourselves) and offer some advice. We appreciated that. During the scheduling process Kyle was flexible and responsive. I would definitely use them again. The only thing that I would change is that they didn't give an idea of what the work would cost before it was performed. As it turned out, $125 seems appropriate for a home call, but it would have been nice to have an idea of what it was going to come in at before the work was completed.

Description of Work
Needed an improper outlet removed from the garage and a wire clamp installed on the circuit breaker.

12/19/2016

Marilyn P.

I called mid-afternoon and Kyle was able to come out later that day. He was able to trace the problem back to an outlet that had shorted and melted and was causing the problem. He fixed the problem.

Description of Work
My dishwasher wasn't working properly - the appliance repairman identified something was wonky with the electricity.

Randy's Electric

You deserve a safe and reliable home. Get the job done right the first time with outstanding customer service from the Twin Cities top rated electrician. Outlets, fans, lighting, smoke detectors, switches, and service panels. Your full service electrician.

Offers by Randy's Electric on Angi
    Norske Electric, Inc.

You are here: Home / About Norske Electric About Norske Electric With over 20 years of experience, Norske Electric was founded by dedicated electricians who strive to provide the best quality of products and services. We strive to complete all of electrical projects with excellence and work hard to ensure ease of mind of our customers. Here at Norske Electric, our commitment to quality workmanship sets us apart from the competition. Our experienced team of knowledgeable electricians believe in maintaining a high level of trust with our customers, getting the job done right and on time. Our dedication to our customers shows in the many residential and commercial projects we have worked on, providing a reliable service with electricians you can count on. We offer a 24/7 emergency service for all your residential or commercial electrical needs. We are licensed, bonded and insured.

Offers by Norske Electric, Inc. on Angi
    VIP Valley Interior Products

We are a family owned Kitchen and Bathroom remodeling business, founded in 1980. We excel at handling every aspect of the job, from design through completion. Come visit our showroom conveniently located 1 block off of Interstate 94 at the 49th Ave exit- just 5 miles north of downtown Minneapolis. Monday through Friday from 8-5:30. Saturday hours by appointment only, please.

Check, Visa, MasterCard

Residential, Commercial, & Industrial - Maintenance, HVAC Controls, Motor Controls, & Lighting Upgrades