Outdoor Spaces Design & Build Co LLC

MN Department of Labor and Industry
03/31/2022

19205 Harappa Ave

Lakeville, MN 55044

Specializing in decks. Custom design and build. Work with natural woods as well as composites. Licensed in Minnesota MN. License #BC689582. Additional Email - jayme@osdab.com....

decks & porches (41)lighting (1)lawn & landscaping (1)

05/03/2019

jim O.

Outside Spaces disposed of a wood glass railing and installed a new railing with glass and lights. I have dealt with many contractors through many years of business. I found Outdoor Spaces to be one of the best! They did an excellent job. They were unique in designing a special piece for my clothes line holder for support against the railing. They also suggested power coating the clothes line pole and the hummingbird rod. They turned out beautiful and matched the metal on the railing perfectly. The lighting that they suggested and installed is beautiful. I recommend them highly.

Description of Work
replace a glass railing on the deck

Work Completed On 05/03/2019

03/24/2019

Robert H.

We had an absolutely outstanding experience all around with Outdoor Spaces starting with the initial quote all the way through completion. To start, we got about 4 or 5 quotes and their price was competitive, but that's only part of the reason we ultimately went with Outdoor Spaces. The person we worked with (Jayme) through the quote and design was very knowledgeable and confidence inspiring. For example, we wanted some extra privacy for our deck and he came with came up with a custom design for a clever curtain rail system that met some pretty specific requirements. No other contractors we talked with came anywhere close to Outdoor Spaces in this regard and we're confident that any other company could not have come up with an overall deck design that would have looked as good. There was only one item that didn't exactly as planned. Upon final inspection everything looked great except that I pointed out that the stairs were about 10 inches from where we had discussed them being in our first meeting (even though the specific location was not described in the contract). Jayme didn't even hesitate to agree to move the stairs which involved a lot of extra work on their part and required them to order new railings, etc. I have found that issues, questions, surprises are inevitably going to come up when you're having major work done. It's how Outdoor Spaces dealt with this issue that was so impressive to us. Throughout the entire process, all they cared about was making sure we were happy with our new deck and with their work. Even with minor design enhancements throughout and the stairs being moved, the subject of charging us any more money than we had originally agreed to was never raised. Ultimately, we're thrilled that we chose to work with Outdoor Spaces. We've had our deck for about 4 months now and we absolutely love it!

Description of Work
We had an all new maintenance free deck built on to an existing deck structure.

Work Completed On 11/14/2018

09/24/2018

Katy S.

Great to work with the entire time. The guys who did the tear down and construction were great and professional. Every aspect of this project was a wonderful experience. Would definitely hire again!

Description of Work
Remove old second story deck and build a new 12’x30’ one with a screen porch underneath.

Work Completed On 07/31/2018

05/18/2018

Ross P.

Top notch. A job well done and worth the significant money for an elaborate, homeowner-designed deck plan. Plenty of research, multiple quotes and opinions gathered before we decided to hire Outdoor Spaces to build the deck. I will say that the pricing is definately fair as EVERYONE came in at about the same price range. Decks are not cheap and if you are going to have a quality outdoor space (that's safe!) then be mentally prepared for this bill. Don't just hire some guy which someone knows ("oh yeah, I know a guy" or "you don't need a permit, forget them inspectors"), do it right and keep your guests and family safe. Outdoor Spaces (Jayme) is patient, knowledgeable and willing to work with you and deal with ideas/changes/multiple material choices/updates/rework and re-quotes, etc. He's got multiple crews with plenty of experience for the jobs. I told him if I look out there and something doesn't look right I'm going start asking all sorts of questions with a twitchy eye! He was fine with that, LOL. Anytime there were questions about procedure, inspection, what I wanted, whatever, Jayme and the crew were willing to explain what they were doing and why and reassure me of the desired end result. No photos to post yet. Once I transfer them onto the PC I will upload them. Chances are Jayme has or will put them on the Outdoor Spaces web site soon.

Description of Work
Deck Build with Pergola

Work Completed On 05/18/2018

03/11/2018

PAUL Z.

I reached out via Angie's List e-mail and the response was quick. Jayme the owner was out twice, first to look over the project and then to finalize the project. He was very easy to work with, offered good options and was not high pressure. I received a bid for the work in a timely manner. We accepted the proposal in September but because he was so busy, we agreed to wait until "off season" to do the project. It was scheduled for end of February 2018, In the meantime, our existing deck, which was rapidly deteriorating, fell to the ground. It wasn't a pretty sight. Jayme made arrangements to have that removed within a week or so which was appreciated. About a week before the project was scheduled to begin, I received a detailed e-mail from Jayme telling me exactly what would happen and asking for my permission to drop the lumber in the side yard and store the patio door and sidelights in our garage. He also gave me a timeline of when his people would show up on the site, etc. Great communication which just doesn't seem to be all that common these days. The project began exactly on the day promised in the original bid (Feb26) and his project lead Sean was at my door right on time. He also was outstanding to work with and the project went off without a hitch. I was very impressed with the build and Sean's attention to detail PLUS Sean's sincere desire to make sure everything was exactly the way I wanted it. Each morning Sean checked in with me to discuss yesterdays work and what the plan was for the current day. Any minor tweaks I requested, they did. Outdoor Spaces is an impressive company. Jayme and Sean clearly take pride in what they do and they put me first. While these guys are busy, I would tell you the final result is worth the wait. This is a first class company that I highly recommend. Can't wait for spring and summer so we can enjoy our new deck.

Description of Work
Demo old deck... build new 14' x 24' deck with aluminum railings... remove old patio door and 2 sidelights... install new Marvin patio door and sidelights

Work Completed On 02/26/2018

Review for Outdoor Spaces Design & Build Co LLC - 19205 Harappa Ave, Lakeville, MN - 36893592

10/05/2017

bob P.

Outdoor spaces was flexible in allowing me to demolish an aging cedar deck, resurface with composite decking and aluminum railings (saving money overall). They performed additional foundational work to support the screened in porch, installed the hip roof, screen, gutters, fairly quickly and with great quality. Everyone was very pleasant to work with. I priced out 9 other contractors and they were the best price while allowing me to perform some of the work. I will look to them for future projects first.

Description of Work
Built a screened in porch on an existing deck frame.

Work Completed On 10/05/2017

Review for Outdoor Spaces Design & Build Co LLC - 19205 Harappa Ave, Lakeville, MN - 36364248

08/09/2017

Melanie K.

I scheduled an appointment for an estimate for deck repair vs new deck cost. The representative showed up right on time. After me asking the questions, he showed me all the materials they would use for a new deck. He didn't seem interested in repairing my deck. The rep told me he would have the estimate to me in a week to week and a half. It's been over 2 weeks now and I have no estimate. I have chosen to go with a different contractor.

Description of Work
Deck repair vs new deck.

Work Completed On 07/25/2017

[Member Name Removed], I'm sorry that you did not find the quote that I sent you on the 29th of July, 4 days after we met. I have forwarded the original email to you at the email address you provided to me for you to look at. Again, please let me know if you have any questions.

07/22/2017

paul H.

Could not be more satisfied with the workmanship of outdoor spaces.

Description of Work
Removal of 7 old posts for sunroom and deck and replace with 7 new posts. The required work was rejected by two other contractors. Jayme and his crew (Rick was great) were careful not to disrupt the landscape while removing the posts. Work was done in a timely manner in spite of inclement weather. In doing the work they leveled the sunroom that allowed a door and window in the sunroom to be opened and to the homeowners that was the main drive to have the work done. Outdoor spaces secured all permits and approvals needed for this project and all work was done in a professional manner.

Work Completed On 06/09/2017

05/26/2017

Steven P.

The experience was absolutely amazing. Jayme, the owner of the company, whom I met at the Home and Garden show delivered on his promises, he said I would love it. I do! The project was delayed a bit due to the intense rain we have had for several weeks, but once the project started, there was no stopping. Rick, the main builder is simply fabulous. He and his team tore down the old deck and within a week, I had a great new deck that is now maintenance free! They worked long hours and even on the weekend to catch up due to the rain. Jayme is outstanding to deal with. I had a very simple project, but he always answered my many questions and worries very promptly. I would highly recommend this company without a doubt. No high pressure sales, just honest conversations to discuss the needs and wants for the project. After seeing how great the crew who built the deck was, again, extremely hard working, I would hire again.

Description of Work
I needed to have an old wooden deck torn down and completely rebuilt with all new footings. I wanted to change to a low maintenance product.

Work Completed On 05/26/2017

03/03/2017

donna M.

It went very well. My many questions were answered in a timely manner and Rick did a fabulous job on the installation. Both Jayme and Rick kept me informed about how the job was going, when they would be on the job and when they felt the job would be done. It was a great experience. Jayme even had a resolution to adding my bird feeders to the new railing. It looks great !

Description of Work
I needed my deck railing replaced.

Work Completed On 03/02/2017

11/14/2016

Mary F.

Look no further if you need your deck replaced! Outdoor Spaces did an incredible job on our project. Jayme was responsive from the initial phone call. He addressed all questions and concerns that we had. Rick did the actual construction of the project. He is an incredible craftsman who did not take any short cuts on this project. He also kept us advised of each day's progress, what we should expect the following day and cleaned the work site each evening. Jayme did daily on-site visits to make sure the project was proceeding according to plan. He made sure we were informed each day and what we should expect the following day. If we were not available to communicate in person, he would e-mail us. They went above and beyond on the project.

Description of Work
14x20 and 5x12 deck with steps were replaced. Posts on three season porch were replaced.

Work Completed On 11/14/2016

11/01/2016

John R.

Outdoor Spaces provided one of the best contractor experience we have ever had. The highlights where: Quality, perfection!, cleanliness, non obtrusive, communication, polite, friendly, responsive, responsible, flexible and relatively fast. The key is these people specialize in decks and really know what their doing. Our end product is beautiful! After seeing our work and hearing about our experience, a neighbor called this company and is now getting deck work done as well. My wife and I highly recommend these folks!

Description of Work
Made helpful suggestions on what to do or not to do, provided bid on timely basis, removed old deck but kept usable sub structure to reduce cost, started and finished construction on timely basis.

Work Completed On 10/28/2016

Review for Outdoor Spaces Design & Build Co LLC - 19205 Harappa Ave, Lakeville, MN - 33837775

08/15/2016

Julie N.

Outdoor Spaces did an excellent job replacing my huge, old deck with new cedar decking and railing system. They also installed LED lighting on the stairs. Patrick was easy to work with, respectful and responsive. He did an excellent job with finishing tasks, that contributes to the overall appearance of this beautiful deck. I am a highly satisfied customer, and I highly recommend Outdoor Spaces!

Description of Work
Built large cedar deck

Work Completed On 08/12/2016

06/10/2016

Richard E.

Fantastic. Shawn did impeccable work. It truly was a pleasure to have him here.

Description of Work
Tore down the old deck and build a new one.

Work Completed On 06/01/2016

08/07/2015

Jonell H.

I have left positive reviews for contractors before on Angie's List, but there hasn't been one contractor, not one, that has exceeded my expectations as Outdoor Spaces has. From start to finish, I was treated like a prized customer. Our point of contact was Chris Bordonaro-- not only does he meet with potential clients to write up estimates, he also has experience building decks. (This is an important point to consider, as some of the competition sent out sales reps who had quite obviously never swung a hammer.) He was able to tell us on the first meeting that the old footings were structurally sound and could be used again with the rebuild project. He also suggested which products would work the best for our North-facing, wooded backyard. In addition to this, he never once pressured us to spend more for the fancier product. Not once did I ever get the feeling from him that I should upgrade. (This is also an important point, as some contractors do earn a commission off of building materials, so it's natural to want to urge a client to upgrade.) Chris also carried through on every single promise. He promised an estimate in a few days, and we received the estimate via email in two business days. He returned phone calls promptly (many contractors forget about customers) and he knew what date the project would start and when it would finish. He was that precise! So on to the work: we went with Timbertech decking-- took about 9 business days for the crew to demolish our old wooden deck and porch and replace the old wooden surfaces with composite decking. I was kinda worried that there may be minor lawn/landscaping damage. Because, that's how things go. Not one thing was damaged. Not one blade of grass was harmed. The crew treated our property like it was their own. And when they rebuilt the back deck, they noticed there was a missing piece of cedar siding. So they just replaced it for us. Without even asking. I've seriously never had a contractor just say, "Well, it's not a big deal. We had some siding leftover from a previous job." Nobody is paying me to write this glowing review. And, if you read my former reviews, you'll note that though I usually give contractors a fair review, I've never sung anybody's praises on Angie's List like Outdoor Spaces. Hire them to redo your porch, patio, or build a pergola. I promise you that you will be thrilled and amazed.

Description of Work
Replaced 17 year old deck and 20 year old porch. (Both wooden, replaced with Timbertech decking materials and Trex railing.)

Work Completed On 08/06/2015

04/28/2015

Christopher H.

Exceptional service from start to finish. When issues were run into part way through the project every effort was made to accommodate our needs. Could not be happier with design, quality, and execution. Would not hesitate to suggest them to anyone for deck needs.

Description of Work
Removed existing deck and built new maintenance free deck including footings.

Work Completed On 04/24/2015

04/02/2015

Roger & Mary K.

They were prompt, professional, and pleasant to work with. No significant complaints.

Description of Work
Built deck

Work Completed On 10/03/2014

07/17/2014

Anita W.

We had a terrific experience with Chris and his team. They put in a new vinyl Timbertech Earthwood Evolutions two level deck with stairs. We used Westbury aluminum railings with a gate. We started our project just after Labor day. Everything went smoothly. The team from Outdoor Spaces Design did a great job replacing our deck with a "newer" and "better" version that was complicated with some design changes adding a smaller additional deck, and allowed us to shorten the stairway directly down into our Yard. Chris recommended Steve at Autumn Oaks Landscaping to assist with replacing our paver patio and boulder retaining walls. They coordinated the work so that everything happened when it was supposed to. Chris also replaced both our upstairs and downstairs patio doors with great Anderson French inswing doors that are perfect for both rooms. We couldn't be happier. The quality of work and the care given to making the end result what we wanted was awesome. We will definitely give Chris a call when we are ready to replace our front deck.

Description of Work
Replaced our deck with our design adjustments and referred a great landscaping company to assist with replacing our patio surrounding our walk out and hot tub.

Work Completed On 10/01/2013

06/12/2014

Nancy S.

It went well. They were prompt and provided it within a day. We elected not to go with them based on price. We are very price based but we would get an estimate from them again.

Description of Work
We got an estimate from Outdoor Spaces Design & Build.

Work Completed On 05/07/2014

04/20/2014

Arthur H.

Did a beautiful job, the workmanship was outstanding. Everything was done very professionally, the carpenters were extremely well skilled.

Description of Work
Replaced a 2nd story cedar deck including stairs.

Work Completed On 09/10/2012

02/28/2014

Anita W.

They had great design ideas and great information about materials, the correct materials to use. It's a gorgeous deck.

Description of Work
We used the services of Outdoor Spaces Design & Build. They built a deck.

Work Completed On 10/22/2013

07/19/2013

Thomas D.

It would be very hard to describe a level of excellence above that which this job demonstrates. Chris Bondonaro is an absolute ace at evaluating a deck (he has 11 years rebuilding them) and is absolutely straight about "needs" for the job. He is open to making improvements and the planning of those re-design items. The design is accomplished on a modern CAD/CAM design system and the details are very clear to the "work crew". There are 3 crews an they all conform to the same level of excellence. Workmanship is important and materials are equally important. I was present for 90% of the work and saw all materials delivered. The wood was all "select" grade. Cedar, no knots or cracks. The footings were poured perfectly and the construction went very efficiently. I had occasional talks with the crew about the job and was reassured by the fact that they were as experienced as anyone could hope for. I noticed that the carpenter had his saw set up for a PERFECT 90 degree miter ........ then covered up the joint with a plate!!!! I would have left it out just to show what I could do. If you want the right deck restoration, at the right price, done by real "Deck Men" .......... this is your best bet. I'm having a landscape job done with the restoration and he can set that up after his work is finished. I would recommend this company to my relatives ..... that says something!

Description of Work
Outdoor Spaces tore the original 16 X 24 deck on my house down to the joists and supports. The deck was completely re-built in cedar with upgraded railings and steps.

Work Completed On 07/09/2013