Lowell Russell Concrete

Founded 1994 • With Angi since November 2005

With over 35 years of experience, this family-owned company continues to stretch the application and design boundaries of decorative concrete. Based in Minnesota, Lowell Russell Concrete has continually been recognized by Better Business Bureau and Angie’s List as offering excellent customer

concrete repair (83)concrete driveways (36)stamped concrete (31)Patios (24)hardscaping (2)masonry (2)Pool Installers (1)foundation repair (1)mudjacking (1)driveway pavers (1)

08/23/2021

SONJA M.

Excellent! Beautiful job, communication was good, suggestions were very helpful and pricing was good. Lowell was a joy to work with.

Description of Work
Remove old driveway and walk, pour new driveway, walk and patio

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, patios

Work Completed On 08/06/2021

08/23/2020

Nathan E.

The overall process was very smooth. Lowell is extremely knowledgeable and started with a very informative estimate of all the possibilities he was considering for the project. He has a substantial portfolio of past work to view as well. The timeline was accurate and he was updating us every step of the way if something changed. We happened to be out of town the week of the project but communication was never an issue. The final product was amazing. Everything he outlined for us to expect and see from the finished product was true. The one critique I have is that we were unaware of some of the landscaping issues with the surrounding sod that we now have to fix to make level with the new driveway. It would have been nice to know how much he would have to dig down and change the look of everything surrounding the driveway/walkway

Description of Work
I had an old, cracked concrete driveway and front walkway that needed to be redone.

Work Completed On 08/14/2020

06/27/2020

Tim Z.

I did have a lower offer, but I felt the slightly higher price was more than offset by the professionalism and knowledge of LRC, and that I'd end up with a higher quality longer lasting driveway, that was as good as it could possibly be.

Description of Work
New Driveway

Work Completed On 06/27/2020

04/23/2020

Michelle B.

After getting 6 bids for this project I hired Lowell Russell. He was the most articulate and knowledgable about how to resolve our water and drainage issues for the driveway, patio and walks. His work is excellent. The crew is highly skilled and hard working. His suggestions for improvement were all well worth the extra $ we had not planned on spending. He provided multiple options to work with our budget and what we were trying to accomplish. His price came in mid range and competitive, with more value added than other bids. This project was done in late fall. As of this spring, our water issues are resolved! I highly recommend Lowell Russell!

Description of Work
Large cement driveway and walk way. Stamped concrete patio and steps.

Category concrete driveways, stamped concrete

Work Completed On 10/12/2019

06/29/2019

Sabine E.

It went great and we highly recommend Lowell and his crew. The entire process was smooth and super professional from start to finish. Great quality workmanship. We are very happy with the result. Lowell provided ideas for solving our problem,guided us with design questions, presented a detailed proposal at a super competitive price, was easy to reach, and easy to communicate with. His crew was excellent. They worked fast, produced superior quality, and cleaned up thoroughly at the end of each day. Full project took 2.5 days of work.

Description of Work
Install new stamped antiqued concrete walkway and patio in backyard to address drainage issues; work included removal of existing concrete walk that created flooding in garage in winter

Category concrete repair, hardscaping, stamped concrete, patios

Work Completed On 06/29/2019

09/04/2017

Kathleen R.

Lowell and his crew were amazing. they were able to cut and color my concrete to a T of what we wanted. I have already referred everyone to Lowell who looking for a concrete patio.

Description of Work
We wanted a 750 sq ft patio with saw cuts and a stained look to each stone.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, stamped concrete, patios

Work Completed On 06/26/2017

08/15/2017

Kathy K.

We were very disappointed when we returned home after they had finished and found parts of our sprinkler system laying in many places in the front yard and many feet of hose and frayed wires laying on the grass on either side of the driveway. We had to pay the sprinkler company to repair the lines that were under the driveway and will be paying a landscaper to fill in the several inch gaps on either side of the driveway and step. We felt the cleanup could have been much better, but the driveway is good. We know two other people who were pleased with their work, which is why we hired them.

Description of Work
We had our front step and driveway replaced. The work was done well and completed in a timely manner. They added a sleeve under the driveway for the sprinkler system (see comments under "How did it go?")

Work Completed On 08/07/2017

I told her that the parts under the [Member Information Removed] would not make it we installed a 2 in sleave under the [Member Information Removed] at no extra charge parts were left on site to be reused we just poured the [Member Information Removed] and I finished the clean up after they reterned home real nice peaple to work for

07/27/2017

Terry H.

It went perfect. His crew is one of the most hardworking crew's I have watched. The driveway looks awesome. They showed up on time and ready to work each day. They cleaned up after themselves each day to where you couldn't tell that they had been there other than watching the driveway and walkway progressing. They kept me informed along the way. Lowell helped choose the colors and his vision for appeal and how things will look in the end comes out right on point. While they were one of the most expensive bids I received however they are worth the extra money, the concrete PSI, 2 seal coats and guarantee was not matched by anyone else. I would recommend them to everyone.

Description of Work
Removed blacktop driveway, install stamped boarder and new concrete driveway. He also created caps for two brick half posts by our front door.

Category concrete driveways, masonry, stamped concrete

Work Completed On 07/21/2017

Review for Lowell Russell Concrete - 22335 Wagonwheel Trl., Lakeville, MN - 35970127

06/09/2017

nathan K.

We hired them to pour a stamped patio in our backyard. The price was fair. They had a great rating and feedback on Angies List. It looked great for the first 4 months. Before the first freeze it developed a very large fracture/crack that extended for 15 feet. This is a smaller patio so this crack ran the length of the patio. This happened approximately 4-5 months after it was completed. We did not had the first freeze of the year. I called them and they said they would come out in the spring. They came out next spring and placed some flexible silicone ( I think that is what it was made of ) into the crack. I have had to redo the silicone. I'm disappointed that this crack developed less than 6 months after it was completed. I still feel they are a good company but the way this was handled was not something I agree with. I understand concrete can crack, but I've never had any other concrete crack so quickly.

Description of Work
We hired them to pour a stamped patio in our backyard. The price was fair. They had a great rating and feedback on Angie's List. Very professional and punctual. The actual placement of the patio went well.

Work Completed On 06/09/2017

This patio I believe was poured about ten years ago Mary talked to them this spring she gave my cell they never called me my cell comes up at the end of our phone message there review doesn't make any sense to me we stand behind our work they should take to me the job is to old for me to find the proposal for the job

06/07/2017

Krishanu D.

Owner was very responsive, coming to the property a day after I had talked to him. Seemed to know what he was talking about. The bid came in around $1,500 over what I eventually paid another contractor to do the exact same job. His rationale was since the job was small, there would be a minimum.

Description of Work
Got a quote for a concrete patio.

Category concrete repair, patios

05/26/2017

Doug N.

Lowell and team came out and installed a stamped concrete patio behind our garage in the backyard. Lowell was very friendly, helpful and does high quality work. We're very happy with the results. We have a clump maple with shallow roots, a number of which had to be cut out to install the patio. We were worried about those cracking the patio, but it's been two years now and the patio hasn't cracked at all and still looks great.

Description of Work
Stamped concrete patio

Category stamped concrete, patios

Work Completed On 08/25/2015

05/19/2017

johanes P.

It went well.. love the quality of the work, now my driveway is looking better than ever. Scheduling is very flexible with Lowell (he's trying to accommodate my schedule that keeps changing and make me feels the most important client in the world). His crew worked fast and efficient. He explained in detail and he knows his concrete well! Not the best price out there but if you are looking for a quality work, this company is the way to go!!

Description of Work
Pour new concrete in my driveway

Work Completed On 04/30/2017

04/14/2017

Michael F.

Rain delay but otherwise great. Very experienced crew. Attentive to my needs excellent job I'm very happy

Description of Work
New concrete driveway and garage floor

Work Completed On 04/13/2017

04/06/2017

Daniel C.

He gave me some solid advice on how to deal with my issue more cheaply that didn't result in a job for him. I appreciate the honesty and will definitely think of this company in the future on other potential jobs!

Description of Work
I asked for an assessment of my house foundation.

Work Completed On 04/06/2017

03/13/2017

Shaughn O.

Very well. The team was professional and gave us expectations of what they'd do and how long it would take. The only issue (while small) was that I didn't have a good sense for when they'd start until right before they came out. I think that may have been due to the weather conditions in the fall, so I'll definitely give them a pass.

Description of Work
Replacing concrete walkway from street to house to driveway, a long segment.

Work Completed On 11/15/2016

12/21/2016

Ellen B.

They did great work. The clean up could have been a little better. Left a lot of cement dust and dirt in driveway and street.

Description of Work
Replace Cement patio

Work Completed On 10/20/2016

12/13/2016

Gary W.

Work was done promptly and professionally, owner was on site and worked/supervised project. Details were explained and questions answered before work began. Very efficient work force and no problems encountered with final product. Pleased with result and would recommend.

Description of Work
New cement driveway

Work Completed On 11/05/2016

10/31/2016

Greg K.

Lowell came over promptly to give us a quote. The job included removing the old driveway and existing landscape rocks as well as fixing the garage foundation where the driveway had sunk. It took some time before they were able to complete the job but this was known in advance and not a problem. The crew was able to remove and pour the driveway in less than one day and sealed it shortly afterward. It looks great!

Description of Work
Replaced asphalt driveway with concrete.

Work Completed On 08/01/2016

10/13/2016

Cathy A.

Great! Lowell sat down with us several times to discuss the project. He had many good suggestions and was great in choosing the colors and stamping pattern. It turned out better than we thought it would. It is beautiful! The crew was very professional and they were always working very hard! What a nice group!

Description of Work
Old ashpalt driveway removed, new concrete driveway done. Old front step/walkway removed, new one designed and added. New patio section added in back.

Category concrete driveways, stamped concrete, patios

Work Completed On 09/12/2016

09/21/2016

Christie H.

The patio looks very nice, it look really nice when they got done, there was a little I don't know miscommunication or misunderstanding, but it's actually lower than I thought it was gonna be I was hoping it would be little bit out of the ground because of water actually pool on top of it, it kind of drained onto the edge of the patio than rather into the yard so then we had some discussions about that after the fact but at that point it was too late. Maybe a little more detail on what to expect coming out of the job, We got three steps coming of our hours down to the patio and we were kind of hoping or maybe more than a raised patio up above the ground level not right at the ground level and I guess we never discuss that so there was a assumption made and it wasn't really clear what, again on both sides.

Description of Work
I used Lowell Russell Concrete for concrete - pouring & repair and patio. He put in a concrete patio for us.

Category concrete repair, patios

Work Completed On 10/15/2005

08/05/2016

Jeff M.

The work was done as planned and it looks nice. Challenges with roots and sprinkler system, but his crew addressed all.

Description of Work
Lowell and team put in a new cement driveway with sidewalk

Work Completed On 06/04/2016

04/12/2016

Susan H.

The owner, Lowell, met with us at our house and reviewed the project. There were a couple of concerns initially, because he seemed to want us to tell him the square footage of the area where we wanted concrete. It was our opinion that he should measure the area we explained to him and tell us the square footage. Also, he brought up several "red flags" about the drainage for the area and clearance from the bottom of our siding, that other contractors (4 in total) did not seem to think were major problems. In addition, Lowell also seemed rather concerned about having to take away wood material when he did the demolition - he wanted to charge an additional cost for this removal. Other companies didn't have any concerns about the wood material removal. Lowell did take quite a lot of time to talk through our project with us, and explain various stamp and color options which we appreciated. He had lots of examples of his work and seemed to want to be sure we understood his background and credentials, which we also appreciated. I believe that Lowell has great experience, and would probably have done a good job. However, we didn't get the professionalism from him that we expected and his bid did come in a little higher than the contractor we chose. Ultimately, the contractor we chose gave us a very fair bid which included the cost of a drainage solution, was very experienced in stamped concrete and professional, and is working with our specific timeline (coordinating with other contractors also working at the house).

Description of Work
Provided estimate for stamped concrete patio and sidewalk.

Category stamped concrete, patios

Work Completed On 02/13/2016

I did not have a concern for treated wood mats. just a extra charge for by law proper disposal I meet with them on two different dates fist meeting they did not have a layout for the project second meeting I measured less sq.ft than one of the other contractors so I matched there sq.ft. the outside edge of the patio layout was open for change the elevations of the patio had to meet other existing elevations so the drainage would be less than desired and could not be changed I have a surveying certificate from Eden Prairie Vo-Tech and a engineering degree from ACI I am 63 and I have bin do this for 39 years all my elevation concerns were correct I hope the project turns out well for them

03/09/2016

Lori P.

It went beautifully! They did a fabulous job. I am so glad that I waited the 3-1/2 months for Lowell and his crew. I am in the construction business, so I know my concrete. The work that Lowell did surpassed my expectations.

Description of Work
Replaced 2 car asphalt driveway and concrete walkway