FJ Construction

Founded 2007 • With Angi since December 2008

11901 Knolls Path

Lakeville, MN 55044

FJ Construction has been providing the Twin Cities area with excellent residential remodeling and home improvements since 2007. • We are a family-owned and operated company which is committed to satisfying our clients. Our goal is to treat every project with the highest level of honesty, integrity,

11/11/2017

Don U.

The project went smoothly. Workers were very professional.

Description of Work
First project was to replace cedar siding on the front of my home that was weather-beaten. They did a great job so I hired FJ Const. to replace our deck. The job included repairs to the exterior including a rotted rim joist, new door to deck, new deck lumber and TimberTech vinyl sheathed deck boards and stairway. New footings were required to meet code. Deck was 12 x 15 with aluminum railings. Very well done.

Category contractors, decks, siding

07/03/2017

Janee W.

The owner came within a few hours of my request, carried a ladder, climbed up to inspect our roof near the chimney, told me my roof did not need repair after all. Did not charge for the service even though I suggested I should pay him for his trouble.

Description of Work
An estimate of whether my roof needed repair.

05/02/2017

THOMAS C.

After initial contact, was told to expect a call the week of 4/19 to setup a visit. No contact from company since. Customer service fail.

Description of Work
Requested a quote for an entry door to be installed in my garage.

Category remodeling

[Member Name Removed] originally contacted me when I was out of town. I emailed back, and let him know I was out of town, but would contact him to set something up when I got back. By the time I did get back a week later, I forgot about our exchange, and never contacted him. This is not normally the [Member Information Removed] we operate, and was fully my responsibility. I have reached out to him to resolve the issue.

11/09/2016

Ron S.

It’s always so hard to trust that contractors will do what they say and follow though so I am happy to report that I had a very positive experience with FJ Construction. I worked with David Watson. He was very responsive. Prices were fair and his teams were always on schedule. They installed new roof, siding, deck door and a few misc. projects. All work exceeded my expectations. I have worked with other contractors in the past and FJ Construction far exceed any of the other contractors. I would and have recommended FJC. to others.

Description of Work
Roofing, Siding, deck door, Misc. projects.

Category gutter repair, remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, doors

12/01/2015

Kim H.

He came out, gave us a free estimate, said when he could do the job and followed through. It was postponed due to weather but that was not his fault. It wouldn't have been safe for him to get up on the roof but he showed up regardless and tried to do the work. I appreciated his integrity and follow through. Others who came to give us estimates were way over priced and snooty about the job because it wasn't "big enough" or was a little difficult. Either way, I appreciated this company's work ethic and care for their customer. Yes, I would use them again.

Description of Work
Installed a vent in the roof of our garage.

09/24/2015

Kimberly N.

Very very well, he was able to start a week earlier. They completed the roof, installed the door, and repaired the siding all in one day and cleaned up extremely well. David came back the next day to look it over again to be sure it was all cleaned up. The gutters were install about 75% on a Saturday and they came back and finished on Monday. Job completed in less than a week. Over all we are very happy with the work they did and have already referred someone to them. We will definitely come back to them for our next project.

Description of Work
Replaced roof, installed gutters, installed new door, and repaired a small portion of siding.

Category gutter repair, roofing, doors

Thank you. We appreciate the feedback, and it was a pleasure working with you!

08/04/2015

Jeff T.

David was the person I worked with and he did a great job. He communicated very well about the progress and any issues that came up. His prices were good, and he did more than what was expected originally. He is now the first person I call for any construction project at this point because I feel that I can trust him to do the job right from our previous experiences. Thanks David!

Description of Work
Installed a new roof including replacing all of the decking underneath, and later ended up doing a complete bathroom remodel, and some smaller projects including some siding and window replacement., beam replacement, and carpet install.

Category flooring contractor, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, home remodeling

07/05/2015

Bernadette W.

Estimate for repairs was provided in the morning ($300 less than estimate provided by another company), and work was completed by the same afternoon. Very professional and polite, and kept us informed of progress--even called to say he was running a few minutes late. Would definitely hire again!

Description of Work
Roof repair--removed and replaced/sealed missing shingles, and removed and replaced/sealed bathroom vents

Category remodeling, roofing, home remodeling

05/05/2015

Kathryn B.

The project turned out great! The remodel changed the look of our entire first level. We love the quality of every new aspect of the house and FJ Construction was a pleasure to work with. They listened to our ideas, executed them and tweaked them for the better. David with FJ Construction was very responsive and works hard to make sure everything is done to your satisfaction. He did a great job coordinating all of the different aspects of the job and kept us informed week by week.

Description of Work
FJ Construction opened up our main level floor plan by knocking down two walls; installed and stained a reclaimed wood support beam and post; installed and stained oak hardwood flooring on the main level; painted and installed new baseboards; inserted recessed lighting and additional pendant lighting; made and installed a custom kitchen island with granite counter top; and redid our railing in the front hallway to make it secure and to match the new hardwood floor.

Category flooring contractor, remodeling, roofing, woodworking, home remodeling

04/19/2015

Randell L.

Good experience. Scheduling was the only challenge, which can be expected working around the weather. They found the color match shingles and the roof looks great. It'll be a while to prove that the leak is really gone, but I am confident it is. Would recommend working with them.

Description of Work
Our roof started leaking around a bath roof vent. FJ Construction repaired roof by removing and replacing shingles and vapor barrier.

11/04/2014

David M.

This is the second time I have used FJ Construction and will be using them again in the future. David came out in a timely fashion, when I was available, to assess the damage to my property from a storm this last summer. He took measurements, pictures and later provided a full estimate of what needed to be done. This included areas that I was not aware needed attention and not normally under a roof repair but for the best long term results and the protection of my home I was very happy to be informed of all that was necessary. The quote was easy to understand what was going to be done and I had already developed a confidence with David that I wouldn't be left unsatisfied. Of course the weather presented issues for getting the job done but David kept me informed about the scheduling and how to best proceed so that no further damage might occur to our home. David also submitted on my behalf a estimate and pictures to my insurance agent in resolving what would be covered by my claim. My property was left very clean and without a footprint of mishap. I would highly recommend FJ Constructions and it is nice to have developed a relationship with such workman that it would bring me peace knowing all was going to be handled well. I would call them at at a drop of at hat when needed. Post sale and work I found that David contacted me a number of times to make sure everything was to my liking and if anything came up that I may be concerned about. I appreciated this and personally have not seen this before from other companies.

Description of Work
Replace damaged 20 year old roof for Shakopee single family home. Additionally, worked on numerous side details connected with the roof such as siding, chimneys, painting and trim work.

Category roofing, siding

Thank you for working with us again, and taking the time to send feedback. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you!

11/03/2014

Jennifer J.

David was very punctual, answered my questions in detail, answered my emails and phone calls. He was present when the insurance adjuster was here which I believe influenced their decision to cover the damage. He took care of arranging the permit and dumpster which was at my property when promised and picked up as promised. His crew was courteous and clean and made sure everything was picked up as possible at the end of each day. They even found and picked up nails from the last roofing job 6 years earlier. David did the little things that made the experience and project a positive one such as painting the furnace stack the same color as the vents to match and other small touches. He was also on the job the entire time which was good peace-of-mind. It was the first time I've used David and will use him in the future if I need his expertise. I will recommend to friends as well. M. Johnson

Description of Work
Replaced roofing as a result of hail damage.

Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you!

10/26/2014

Mark O.

I wanted the lookout basement window replaced with two removable sashes. David took the measurements for the basement window and sent me a reasonable estimate. Based on advice from my brother-in-law, I asked David to get me a quote for the window from a specific company. David called up a distributor and got me a quote for the window. We agreed on the window and he ordered it. When it came in, he called and set up a day for the installation. He and his team came in and installed the window. The installation went well. He even fixed the flashing around the fireplace vent (no charge!). As his team was cleaning up, one of his workers showed me the window and how it operated. We could not figure out how the remove the sashes. David came later that afternoon and showed me how to remove both sashes and ensured that I was happy with the window. His attention to detail was great and the new window is exactly what I wanted. I will definitely hire David again for my next project.

Description of Work
Replaced a basement window (lookout).

Category roofing, replacement windows

10/07/2014

Joann L.

This team is amazing. David is a very conscientious business owner. He consistently asked the right questions making sure to ask me for clarification on all complex elements. This was a big job AND I added to the project scope 1/3 way through the day so David brought in another team member to help out. I had guys working on every floor of my home including the roof at the same time. They worked tirelessly as well from 745am to when they left after cleaning up with a painters light at 9p in the rain. I never once saw or heard any frustrations or negative words. Even poor Gabe who found dead animals remains (many) at the base of the chimney or Josh who kept apologizing for staying so late when I was the one who added to the project scope. Just good hardworking trustworthy guys that I will hire repeatedly.

Description of Work
Removed chimney from all 3 levels of a 1.5 story house. This required removing the surrounding drywall in 2 of the rooms and taking it down to the concrete in the basement. In addition, Davids crew rerouted a plumbing vent pipe that was going up through the same area as the once chimney so we could maintain the new space. They replaced the drywall in 2nd floor bedroom, added an additional support to the slopped roof/ceiling, and replaced the floors on the main and 2nd floor.

Category drywall, flooring contractor, roofing

Thank you for taking the time to give the feedback. We greatly appreciate it. You have been great to work with, and it was so sweet to get the thank you cards from the kids!

08/18/2014

Sarah B.

We were very happy with the work done by David and his team. The siding looks great -- very nicely installed, made to match the style of the rest of the house (cedar siding), and painted. With the drywall, it's not even possible to tell where it used to be damaged, it was fixed so perfectly. David was easy to work with and helpful and honest. Everything took place on schedule. The other people he had working with him were friendly and professional too. They cleaned up perfectly afterwards as well. The price was very fair. I've talked with David about a couple other projects and he's been helpful and honest enough to tell me what not to waste money on as well as what could work.

Description of Work
Repaired damaged siding on our house, installed new siding in some areas, and repaired damaged drywall.

08/01/2014

Joshua M.

They really did a great job. They were just very responsive to phone calls and easy to work with. They made it relatively hands on for us. We were involved enough but we need felt like we never had to be involved with everything so they seem to be a very good company.

Description of Work
We had the water damage and that was repaired by FJ Construction. They had to do our hardwood floors on the main level and repaired the ceiling.

Category drywall, flooring contractor, remodeling, water damage restoration

10/04/2013

David S.

No problems at all... they arrived on time and the work was completed in one day.

Description of Work
Replaced the flashing around one of the plumbing vent pipes, replaced a number of the gutter leave screens that had blowen off, and added 2 roof vents to the garage

08/16/2013

LAURIE T.

FJ Construction got off to a slow start due to weather and other obligations, but once the job was underway (about 20 days after the deposit was paid) it took 2 days to complete. The second day David stayed late to complete the job even though it was Halloween. He had bid the job at $1,720.00, but I was warned that there would be extra costs if the decking material or insulation needed to be replaced. Sure enough, it was, and the extra materials and labor came to $690.00 for a total of $2410.00. I held off for over a year on filing this report in order to be assured that the roof replacement didn't leak. The work was beautifully done and has not leaked since. David added 4 wooden supports under the rubber membrane that angled in such a way to improve drainage into the downspouts. The area was left spotless and the plantings below were undamaged. I must admit great surprise at how much such a small area cost to re-roof (about a 4' x 16' footprint) , but the estimate was similar to other bids I had received from other roofers. Fj Construction's contract was the most reasonably worded document of the ones I received, too. I had a lot of companies refuse the job because the job was too small, or else because they don't do flat roofs. I am planning work at another location and I plan to have him bid on several jobs at that house.

Description of Work
FJ Construction re-roofed my front entry area which juts out from the rest of my house and has a separate roof. Although it slopes from the center to both sides, it has a low enough pitch to be considered a flat-roof. It also has walls on all sides that hold snow and prevent it from melting as quickly as most other styles of roofs. The walls and slopes made it a more difficult area to lay the rubber membrane David Watson recommended.

Thanks! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

07/08/2013

Jody T.

The project is still in progress and won't be done for a few weeks yet. Not the contractors fault, just the way it is turning out. We had a summer vacation planned and had to put the project on hold while we were gone. We are back and the work is back on schedule, as of 7/8/13. It'll be a couple more weeks before it's complete. I have a separate plumbing contractor that I hired and I'm doing my own electrical work. I am also providing the tile and cabinetry. So, all is well and is being done professionally and with quality. I will write more when the project is completed. .

Description of Work
Remodel and repair bathroom and laundry room floors, walls and ceilings. Also install ceramic/porcelain tile on the floors part way up the walls in the bathroom ant in the tub/shower surround.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, home remodeling

05/20/2013

Pete S.

They correctly diagnosed the problem and repaired it. no problems since. I also mentioned that an outside faucet was leaking and that was quickly taken care of at no additional charge.

Description of Work
They added a soffit vent and refastened the insulation that was blocking air flow for the roof.

Category handyman service, roofing

Thank you for the feedback! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

09/07/2012

Thomas L.

I could not be more pleased with how everything turned out. From the first meeting to the final clean up, David was upfront, honest and made sure that every concern we had was addressed. David and his team not only built the new deck but added detail to it that was unexpected. Regarding the roof, the entire team worked 12 solid hours to insure that the old roof was taken off and the new one installed. The cleanup was just how he described it would be, 'exceptional'. Once everyone was gone, I could not find any sign that they had been here. All of this work was done in 4 days. Amazing. I am now starting to think about remodeling the master bath and will make sure David is the first person I call.

Description of Work
Since we had 2 projects, replacing a deck and putting a new roof on our house, David acted as a contractor that coordinated all the work and made sure the correct materials were on site when needed.

Category decks, roofing

08/31/2012

Anna C.

David did all of the work himself except for the staining/polyurethaning. He is a true craftsman and obviously cares deaply about his work and making sure the customer is pleased. We needed an interior 36" wide interior door installed for a bedroom. David came and gave us an estimate and took pictures of the hardware on the other interior doors so he could match it. He came back and installed the door and the hardware. Both matched perfectly to the other doors. He did an absolutely amazing job. He subbed the staining/polying of the door. His sub did a perfect job as well. David also did some minor repairs to some downspouts and did a perfect job. We will definitely use him in the future for any project.

Description of Work
Installed a 36" wide oak interior door and stained/polurethaned it. He also repaired some downspouts.

Category contractors, gutter repair, doors

08/05/2012

DAVID AND PATRICIA R.

The father-son team did a first rate job for us and we are very pleased with result. We were told up front that they aren't the cheapest company but we found their work to be first class and worth their fee. They came out and looked at the project and gave us an estimate and a list of various door options. They were professional, courteous and prompt. We would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Our back door frame and sill onto the deck had rotten out. Part of the floor joist needed replacing as well. It was more of a job than we had anticipated.

Category doors

07/27/2012

Sandra M.

David Watson, Angel his Foreman on the job and his crew were conscientious and wonderful to work with. Mine was a difficult job and whenever I had a issue or concern David addressed it immediately and absolutely went the distance to resolve things to my total satisfaction. My work began when he said it would and was completed by early the following week despite rain and horrible heat. FJ Construction's work exceeded my expectations and I was absolutely thrilled with the results. My 38 year old home looks brand new!

Description of Work
FJ Construction removed 38 year old shingles from around 1/2 of a mansard roof patio home plus a stand alone garage. They then covered all areas with Ice and Water Shield and installed new Owens Corning shingles. They did a beautiful job of splicing one area of new shingles with old left intact for the one other owner who chose not to do his side of the house at this time. They also repaired an existing flat roof over my front stoop and replaced with new underlayment and 60 mil rubber membrane. They did a wonderful job of cleaning up the work areas and their amazing touch up painting surprisingly included much of the woodwork around my house and garage. My house looks great!

06/13/2012

RICHARD I.

I also had a post by the front door that needed replacing. They took down the downspout replaced the post and stained it. It looks great too.

Description of Work
My deck needed to be replaced. My roof was replaced last year and so I called the company that did the roof to see if they could do it. They said they didn't do decks but suggested I call David Watson at FJ Construction. What a great reference.They took down the old deck and replaced it and stained it. It really looks great.

Category decks

Thank you! We appreciate the opportunity to work with you, and the feedback.