Melon Man LLC

Founded 2003 • With Angi since June 2010

A small job specialist for 'Honey-Do' lists containing items ranging from putting up a picture to replacing sliding patio doors. You can be secure in the knowledge that the work on your property is being completed to your satisfaction by a professional who is a State licensed and insured building

2022 Super Service Award

BeforeDuringAfter

handyman (151)door installation (34)woodworking (28)plumbers (20)lighting (17)drywall (16)siding companies (14)deck cleaning (11)decks & porches (10)home remodeling (9)general contractors (9)ceiling fan installation (8)

08/30/2022

Jim M.

Most pleased with the outcome. Quality work, fair pricing. Good communication.

Description of Work
Re-hung door that was out of plumb

Category electrician, handyman service

Work Completed On 08/30/2022

06/24/2022

Mark A.

Replaced mailbox posts for us for our group of 4, good work, good price

Description of Work
Replace mail box post.

Work Completed On 06/24/2022

04/01/2022

Lydia S.

Andrew was easy to work with and did an awesome job! I needed tape replaced on my ceiling that was falling down and he got us on his schedule quick and got it done in 3 days. Great price for great work! Support small businesses!

Description of Work
Repair ceiling drywall and match knockdown texture.

Category drywall, handyman service

Work Completed On 04/01/2022

03/24/2022

Michelle L.

Andrew is great! Great communication prior to the job, and during the job. He communicated potential future issues that may arise and allowed me to weigh the pros and cons of proceeding prior to completing the work. He is professional and informative and I will not hesitate to call on him again for future needs around my home.

Description of Work
Stair tread and flooring trim installation. Bathroom fixture repairs.

Work Completed On 03/23/2022

08/01/2021

David M.

Extremely well. Andrew is an excellent carpenter and did all the needed preparations. He was creative and he did all he could to keep the project affordable.

Description of Work
Deck repair and partial replacement of decking.

Category decks, handyman service, deck cleaning

Work Completed On 08/01/2021

07/01/2021

Fred K.

removed an old satellite dish from our roof in a flash!

Description of Work
Handyman Services

Work Completed On 07/05/2021

07/01/2021

Thomas & Carol K.

Melon Man was great. He was very courteous, reasonably priced and cleaned up. He also has a great sense of humor. What's not to like?

Description of Work
Handyman Services, closet doors, bathroom medicine cabinets, and bumpers on kitchen pull out shelves.

Category glass repair, handyman service, woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 07/04/2021

12/15/2020

Brian H.

Extremely well! Andrew is attentive, understanding and very creative. On top of it all...he really cares! No short cuts, just really thoughtful work.

Description of Work
our laundry room needed to be adapted to the larger modern appliances. We had to adjust a countertop to accommodate the washer dryer sizes. We had a laminate top attached to a sink that needed some creative work from a seasoned pro in irder to look nice!

Category countertops, handyman service

Work Completed On 12/16/2020

11/30/2020

Sandy S.

Andrew was great. He was professional, knowledgeable and very resourceful. I wasn’t sure what this project would all entail and he kept me informed every step of the way. I would recommend him to anyone who is looking for a competent professional to help out with home projects

Description of Work
Replacing kitchen sink faucet and waste disposal unit.

Work Completed On 12/03/2020

10/16/2020

Megan S.

We were very happy with Melon Man! Andrew is a very nice man. He promptly replied to our messages and questions, and gave us a very fair price. We will definitely call him again.

Description of Work
Exterior trim around our garage doors needed replacing. Existing wood was rotten and sagging. Andrew removed some siding, added flashing that was not there previously, put up new trim and replaced siding.

Category contractors, handyman service

Work Completed On 10/12/2020

09/30/2020

Ronald T.

He did a great job. Actually without his knowledge and skills the job would not have been done. He finished it like the original installation should have been done. Great Job.

Description of Work
reinstalled a vent cover

Category basketball goals

Work Completed On 09/29/2020

09/27/2020

Sally M.

Andrew is the best British import since the Beatles. We've been fortunate to have known Andrew for over 20 years. He has rebuilt porches, door lintel, windows -- his craftsmanship is extraordinary. He measures 10x and then makes one perfect cut. In addition, we feel honored to call him a friend.

Description of Work
Replace tree damaged door lintel.

Category contractors, decks, handyman service, deck cleaning, woodworking, doors, patios

Work Completed On 09/27/2020

04/30/2020

Heather J.

His estimate was bit out of our budget but we would hire him if we could afford what he was asking. He was professional and courteous. He sounded like he knew what he was doing.

Description of Work
Front door and garage door.

Category basketball goals

Work Completed On 04/30/2020

03/16/2020

Brian C.

Outstanding!! This guy is good...AND he's a good guy! I could not be more pleased with: The quality of his work The price/value received the professionalism his displayed I fully trust this person to do the right thing in the right way. He's a keeper!

Description of Work
Carpentry, lighting, install shower doors, deck repair, etc.

Category contractors, decks, handyman service, lighting, deck cleaning, woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 04/03/2020

03/04/2020

Larry W.

Andrew arrived on time, quickly assessed the problem, grabbed his tools and did the job. We are very pleased.

Description of Work
Rehung glass shower door

Category glass repair, handyman service, home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/27/2020

02/29/2020

Naznin N.

Very well. Great communicator, pleasant, punctual and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Plumbing, carpentry, and drywall repair.

Category drywall, handyman service, plumbing, woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 02/27/2020

11/14/2019

Mike B.

We needed our attic ladder dropdown replaced, as existing ladder didn't meet code AND was damaged. Andrew offered to do the entire job at one price, or a discount with "homeowner help" which I was very interested to do, as this was a two-man job. He helped me identify the right hardware to order ahead-of-time, arrived on-time with all the tools needed (and more), and was very proficient at working through a complicated project with creativity & great communication. The price was great, job was done in a couple hours, and I got to learn a ton. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Attic Ladder Replacement

Work Completed On 11/13/2019

10/09/2019

Betsy B.

Wonderfully!! Melon Man is very nice and professional. My American Flag looks beautiful and no longer winds around its pole when the wind blows. He did the job quickly and cleaned up when he was done. I could not be happier with the job he did. I would definitely hire him again and recommend him to others!

Description of Work
Remove old flag pole mount. install new mount and flag pole and hang the flag.

Work Completed On 10/10/2019

09/13/2019

Mark Z.

He was punctual and efficient in providing an estimate and in completing the work.

Description of Work
We needed a cracked tile replaced.

Work Completed On 09/11/2019

07/18/2019

Cheryl M.

Melon Man was punctual and courteous and was always on time and his estimate was right on. This is the best handyman I have ever used and will use him again. I am going to ask him to do the french door I need leading from one room to the other. I am so overwhelmed I found someone reasonable and dependable. And he has been so busy and he still came to help us. What a guy! I do not take finding a good person lightly......

Description of Work
Window Cranks (approx 6 of them)

Work Completed On 07/18/2019

07/04/2019

Diane B.

Called to say he couldn’t do the job.

Description of Work
Deck repair

Work Completed On 07/04/2019

05/09/2019

Suzy F.

Looks great! Andrew was right point with estimate and time. So glad to finally have this repaired. Will definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Repaired a solid oak bi-fold closet door.

Category handyman service, doors

Work Completed On 05/09/2019

05/05/2019

Laura M.

Melon Man, LLC provides fantastic service. Andrew completely our project quickly. He is very tidy and professional. The finished results are superb!

Description of Work
Drywall Repair