Hidden Fence of Minnesota

Founded 1992 • With Angi since October 2003

920 Arabian Dr

Jordan, MN 55352

Hidden Fence of Minnesota provides the safest and most affordable professionally installed pet fencing to the Twin Cities, and surrounding areas. For an instant online price quote please click the VISIT WEBSITE link or use this url https://mn.fencrm.com/#/user. We are a local, family owned company

06/07/2022

Bruce M.

The original process was so smooth. I liked that everything was online. But the best part is their responsiveness after the sale. I had to call for a couple simple things and they answered right away, even on a weekend. Best part, though, is that a year later I needed to train a new dog on the system and they dropped off a device to locate the underground wires and gave personal instructions on training again. All for no charge. I can't belioeve the service level. I have recommended them to all the other dog-owning friends I have.

Description of Work
Service is fantastic, even after the sale

Category dog trainers, dog fence

Hello [Member Name Removed], I finally found this review on my computer version as it doesn't show up on the phone browser! Thank you so much for posting this here on Angi. We have already spoken and I responded to your email as well so this response here is follow up. As I mentioned in the email, [Member Name Removed] Peterson, my brother-in-law and the owner of Hidden Fence of Minnesota, has made it a company policy since he started in 1992 to be the best in customer service. We just celebrated 30 years in business and [Member Name Removed] is the longest standing dog fence dealer in Minnesota. Customers like you are why we love this business so much. Thank you again for this amazing review!

10/30/2020

Shari N.

Very very happy with them. They did a great job!

Description of Work
Very very happy with them. They did a great job!

Category fencing

Thank you for the awesome 5 star review and we apologize for missing this. We used to get notifications when reviews came through and somehow we stopped receiving them. Hidden Fence of Minnesota, has made it a company policy since he started in 1992 to be the best in customer service. We just celebrated 30 years in business and [Member Name Removed] is the longest standing dog fence dealer in Minnesota. Customers like you are why we love this business so much. Thank you again for this amazing review!

08/26/2020

Michelle S.

Great, they were up front with my options and flexible with solutions. Highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Animal Fencing

11/16/2018

Marty B.

Hidden Fence of Minnesota did a great job. Arrived on time, very friendly, great explanation of the product. Spent as much time as we needed to make sure that we understood how to work the fence. Spent time with us getting our dog used to the fence.

Description of Work
Installing invisible fence around perimeter of my yard for my dog

Category dog fence

We appreciate you taking the time to do this review for us. Our customers are the most valuable asset we have and providing the absolute best customer service in our industry is our highest priority. From all of us at Hidden Fence of Minnesota we are extremely grateful that you were willing to share your experience with others on Angies List. Thank you again for choosing us and supporting our local family owned business!

10/08/2018

Stephanei M.

Everything went great! The fence had to be moved to expand the yard, and they came out right away to extend the fence. They have been very responsive in answering questions and have been great to work with. We would highly recommend Hidden Fence.

Description of Work
Hidden Fence

09/05/2018

STEVEN B.

These guys are truly top class. We got a dog and I paid to have this fence put in. 6 weeks later, it's clear the dog is just not working out for our family and I call them and ask if I might sell them back at least the collar piece. They say they give a full, no questions asked type warranty for I believe 6 months or something like that, and insist on a full refund. I say no, please, it took a good 2 hours to install the wire around my house -- let me pay for your out of pocket expenses! They insist on a full refund -- They are great, I'd absolutely use again. The service was A+++, top notch.

Description of Work
Hidden fence installed around permieter of yard, initial dog training, collar

Category dog fence

We appreciate you taking the time to do this review for us. Our customers are the most valuable asset we have and providing the absolute best customer service in our industry is our highest priority. We were sorry to hear that you had to send the dog back to the shelter. If you ever get another dog we will be very happy to pick up where we left off. From all of us at Hidden Fence of Minnesota we are extremely grateful that you were willing to share your experience with others on Angies List. Thank you again for choosing us and supporting our local family owned business!

10/06/2017

Cleone M.

Great! This is our second installation. Our previous installation was on a rural lot with about an acre inside the fence. both installations went great and they work.

Description of Work
Installed a fence in our suburban lot.

Category dog fence

We appreciate you taking the time to do this review for us. Our customers are the most valuable asset we have and providing the absolute best customer service in our industry is our highest priority. From all of us at Hidden Fence of Minnesota we are extremely grateful that you were willing to share your experience with others on Angies List. Thank you again for being repeat customers and supporting our local family owned business!

08/30/2017

Tim T.

Hidden Fence came out and installed the system very quickly. They were very flexible to my needs. I called them a few times with questions and they answered them very fast. They would be my only call if I needed another dog fence!

Description of Work
Hidden Fence put in a system for my Golden Retriever.

08/28/2017

Katie C.

Very responsive and professional staff!

Description of Work
Electric fence installed in backyard and part of front yard.

08/18/2017

Diane M.

HIdden Fences folks were outstanding...knowledgeable, helpful, professional, prompt and very available. I liked the fact that they have a lot of simple and good resources on their systems, dog training, etc. on their website and in person to help us know how to get the most from their product. Their service is excellent...better than just about any company I've ever dealt with. They were a pleasure to work with and I strongly recommend them.

Description of Work
We were considering adding a hidden fence to our yard when a second dog joined us.

08/14/2017

Paige W.

Great job. Fair price, very responsive and professional- before, during and after. Great at providing tips, training guide and solutions!

Description of Work
We needed a fence solution for our large dog that maximizes the yard

07/12/2017

Andrea P.

We had an electric fence installed in our yard and worked with Dave, Bruce, and Tim, who are all helpful and professional. When we had some issues with the fence next-door interfering with ours, they automatically upgraded us without charging us any extra fees. These guys are honest, helpful, professional and down to earth. I highly recommend Hidden Fence and would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Underground electric fence for our dog.

10/31/2016

Gary H.

I called for a quote on a Wednesday and received one on the same day. We had the fence installed the following Monday.The whole process went extremely well. Bruce went over the quote with me and explained the options I had. The installer was very professional explaining the install with me and going over the training procedure with my wife and myself. Bruce emailed us four days after the install to see if we had any concerns. I called him with a question and he returned my call within a hour. I was very impressed with every thing associated with Hidden Fence of Minnesota and would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Install hidden fence for or dog

08/11/2016

PATRICK T.

Outstanding! We had an existing underground fence system from a competitor that was not working properly. Dave spoke with me and determined that the issue was likely due to a substandard wire from the original system that had corroded. He volunteered that Hidden Fence could come out and bury a new wire, keeping the existing generator and collar at a significantly cheaper cost than purchasing an entirely new system. He turned me over to their installer, Bruce who promptly arranged a time to complete the work. They arrived right on time and worked quickly and efficiently, installing a higher grade wire. The yard barely has any marks in it and the system is working perfectly. My experience with Hidden Fence has been beyond expectations across the board - I would recommend them agin in a heart beat.

Description of Work
Buried a new wire for existing fence system, moved existing generator box.

08/03/2016

laura K.

After years and years of doing my own invisible fence ,threw my 3 acre heavily wooded yard - the deer wood seem to inevitably bust the wire or the transformer would go out about every 4-5 years ....I finally decided to splurge I talked to Dave and he assured me if I had these breaks with there system they would come out and find and take care of it but there should be way fewer because of the heavy insulated wire -and they have different collars for stubern dogs -and also a large shock range on the transformer panel -so you can get a very customized system for your needs so I cut down on the area I was covering because of cost and installation issues in the woods and we struck a deal - I have now had my system for 4 years and it's great ,the wire is still holding up well ,never had an issue with the transformer . I was a little concerned about battery collars but I only have to change it about every 5 months so $20.00 a year for that ,actually easier than rechargeable collars every 20 days Great System ,super nice people - My yard was large ,so my cost was a little high ,but worth every penny seeing how well it has held up !

Description of Work
1 1/2 acres of invisible pet fence

04/22/2016

Jason D.

Bruce and team were great to work with. Was able to schedule in very near term and they came out and installed quickly with very little interruption. Bruce and team even recommend the lower price model than what I was originally expected to purchase. This made me further appreciate the honesty and integrity of this business.

Description of Work
Installed invisible dog fence

04/08/2016

Jaclyn F.

This was a fantastic experience with excellent communication before and after the installation. The installer was exceptionally professional and did a very thorough job! I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Installed a hidden fence

10/01/2015

Michelle K.

Tremendous experience from start to present. We inquired about a possible fence early last spring even though we hadn't decided on purchasing a dog at that point. Dave was patient and full of information that made us decide then that we would use Hidden Fence of Minnesota when, and if, we did go through with getting a puppy. They were always so responsive to our questions and concerns and went out of their way to work with our schedule once we did get our puppy. Our yard didn't seem to us to be that easy to work with on installing the line, but they made it seem very easy and not an imposition even though it is rustic, forested and hilly. We had concerns yesterday about whether the correction collar was working and Dave came out last night at 6:30pm to help us out. He was absolutely super and so very calm and helpful. We would definitely work with them again and highly recommend them to anyone considering this fencing system for their dog.

Description of Work
Installed an electric fence in our yard and trained us in its use for our 7 week old lab puppy.

09/07/2015

Paul H.

This service was excellent. We sent an email to the company asking for the service and a return call. They called and provided information on availability and price. The company was clear that they could do the work but were not the "approved" vendor for the system we had. Given the prompt reply, professionalism and openness, we decided to use them. He was able to come and make the repair when we were not home and bill us later. the price is very reasonable for the service and well worth saving our time to search for the break in the wire and make the repair. If we have a similar problem in the future, we'll call Hidden Fence again.

Description of Work
Repaired buried invisible fence wire.

08/05/2015

Brent C.

throughout the process they've been great. our dog got injured in an unrelated accident so we've been unable to completely train him, but we'll be able to resume training shortly and he has responded wonderfully to this point. the system appears to be top notch and the service has been equal to that level as well. great service.

Description of Work
installed a new hidden fence, provided detailed walkthroughs on how to use the system, provided onsite training, also available for intermittent contact regarding training and have done great with follow ups.

Category dog trainers, fencing, dog fence

07/06/2015

Cody S.

Dave and the crew from Hidden Fence of Minnesota were great. From the initial communication with them, everything went smooth and above our expectations. Everyone we dealt with was very friendly and professional. They explained every step along the way and encouraged us to contact them with any future concerns, questions, problems, etc. One of our dogs was the type of dog that would bolt out of the house any time the door opened. It was very stressful always policing the doors and chasing after our dog. Within 20 minutes of the training, it was like we had a new dog. The fence has been an absolute blessing. Now our dog can be outside with us without being tied up and we don't have to worry about him running off. Dave was great in working with our dogs and they really liked him. There were flexible options for payment which was also very nice! We would highly recommend Hidden Fence of MN to anyone considering an underground fence.

Description of Work
Installed hidden fence and provided training.

06/21/2015

Sheila S.

From beginning to end, this company has been wonderful to work with. Responsive, fair, and willing to work with us and our individual needs - based on the differences in our dogs and our property. First off, they gave us a great deal and we were able to include all of the area we had hoped for - which is a very large area. The installer was prompt, professional, courteous. After installation, he fitted our dogs with the collars and he then gave us a thorough training on the first steps of introducing the dogs to the boundary. He was very good with our dog and was clearly experienced in the training process. We also were given training materials to help us get started once he left. We have 3 rescue dogs of various sizes and temperaments. When we had trouble with one of our dogs ignoring the initial setting and running after wildlife beyond the fence - the company was very responsive with helping us adjust the collar strength, and they had many suggestions and next step options for what to do and how to resolve the situation. With their help and some collar adjustments for this one particular dog - we have not had a problem since. They were so quick to respond - and I appreciated that! We were also able to send a collar back during this process - not because of any malfunction - we just needed a different collar - and they were gracious in offering a refund. There were also perks to being an Angie's List referral that benefitted us too - like extra batteries. They knew the perks and would apply them without me even asking or knowing about them. I would use this company again or refer them to others looking for underground fencing in a heartbeat. They have been great - and our fence was worth every penny. Love it - and so do our dogs (and our neighbors) since our dogs don't wander over anymore!!

Description of Work
Hidden Fence came out and installed underground fencing for our 3 dogs. We live on 3 acres, some wooded, some grass. They installed it and gave us a lesson, using one of our dogs to train us on how to introduce the system.

05/12/2015

MARK & ELIZABETH L.

Hidden Fence did an excellent job on our project. They were highly responsive, provided a reasonable & competitive bid and stuck to the price, installed the line through very tricky terrain, and provided an overall quality product. They were thorough in their work, explained everything to us, followed up to ensure the system was working and we were pleased with how it was going, and were highly responsive to any follow-up questions. When a collar faulted a few months later they got us a new one and even provided several complementary batteries to compensate for the minimal hassle. When one area of our line was closer than we wanted to a space they returned and adjusted it, again at no extra charge. Overall an EXCELLENT company.. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Hidden Fence installed an underground electric fence around our 1-1/2 acre, hilly and wooded lot.

10/29/2014

Michael W.

From the very start, all the people at Hidden Fence were great! They were very prompt in responding to my inquiry and took the time to answer all my questions. Once we decided to go with Hidden Fence, they were able to get us on their installation calendar within a few days. The install only takes a couple of hours and then they walk you through how to train your dog. You get a nice handout that explains exactly what you need to do to train. The whole training process was quite simple. When I did have questions during the training process, Bruce was there for me. Our whole family, and especially our golden doodle, is really happy to have the electric fence. It has been such a positive change for all of us!

Description of Work
Installed an electric dog fence.

10/27/2014

KRISTINE E.

This company was fantastic. I contacted on the 1st for a quote and they were out on the 6th doing install. The "other" company in the area could not even come out to give a quote until well after I had everything done and the dog trained. Arrived right on time, took about 2 hours to install and train, it was great. The dog is doing really well and we are so happy with this product.

Description of Work
Installed invisible fence for dog.