Dana Hoagland Plumbing Inc

Founded 1985 • With Angi since May 2007

410 Regency Ln W

Hopkins, MN 55343

We are a Family Run Plumbing Business. Dana: Master Plumber; Jake: Master Plumber; Joel: Apprentice Plumber; Tanner: Apprentice Plumber Kathy: Office.

12/18/2021

Geoff S.

Excellent workmanship, advice and professionalism. Have used Dana and Jake several times - they are great! Kathy is awesome as well - gets you taken care of right away and is as nice as they come!

Description of Work
2 Aquasana water treatment systems installed plus new faucets installed.

Category plumbing, water softeners, wells

05/04/2020

Anthony G.

The plumber was very thorough and polite. He completed the work quickly and left the worksite clean. Once he was done, he explained what he did and how to maintain it. The price was very fair and I would hire Dana Hoagland Plumbing again without hesitation. He also practiced excellent social distancing, wore a mask, and put on new gloves when he was done and needed to exchange paper work.

Description of Work
Replace exterior water spigot and interior shut-off valve.

10/31/2018

Randy E.

Plumber worked hard to place the valves in some tight locations

Description of Work
Replace valves

10/25/2018

Victoria L.

Great! I would definitely hire him again. It did seem a little expensive, but I don't have a comparison so I'm not sure about the pricing. The cost was around $700. It did come in lower than the quote which made me happy. Dana arrived almost an hour later than scheduled but he did call to let me know.

Description of Work
remove kitchen faucet and garbage disposal for new countertop install, and hook up new kitchen and bath faucets, garbage disposal. Move height of drain pipe to accommodate new, deeper sink, add new pipe.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

05/23/2018

Lynne D.

On time, professional, thorough, and done right the first time. Have used the before and will use them again! Thanks Dana and Joel!

Description of Work
Replace water heater

05/14/2018

Linda H.

Our plumber arrived on time, was very professional, courteous, explained everything well, and went above and beyond on several areas - even the caulk applied was done better than we had ever seen! Everything looks great and works perfectly!!! A DEFINITE would hire again!

Description of Work
Two sinks replaced, three faucets replaced, water shut-offs added to several sinks

10/02/2017

john W.

Never responded to an email I sent them.

Description of Work
Plumbing a basement bath

Category plumbing

We are so sorry [Member Name Removed]! If you tried to contact us through our website, there have been issues with the website linking to our emails. They did an update a few months ago and it has not linked well since. We were informed that the issue was corrected but apparently there are still problems. I will contact our website provider again to address this issue.

09/23/2017

Kyle P.

Professional. Courteous. Punctual. And got the job done. We'll definitely use them again!

Description of Work
We had to reattach our gas stove after we installed new floors.

09/15/2017

Ricardo M.

Earlier this year, we remodeled our kitchen. In the interest of time, we had our contractor do some basic plumbing in the kitchen to make our sink operational. We didn't care about making it optimal, just functional. We figured we could hire a plumber later to finish the job. Enter Mssr. Hoagland. I immediately disliked the "this is going to take a lot of time and money" attitude. It took me about 30 minutes to convince him to take on the job. Eventually, he got down to work and he did a fantastic job on the original plumbing job. As he completed the original plumbing job, he offered to move our reverse osmosis (RO) system to the basement and construct the infrastructure necessary to do that. We agreed. The plumbing to the RO system turned out to be the easy part. In the process, somehow our filtered water faucet, which is connected to the RO system, stopped working. And the ice maker, which is also connected to the RO system, also stopped working. I cannot now recall how we left it on that day, but I had to have Mssr. Hoagland return to try to troubleshoot what had happened to the RO system and why the two things connected to it weren't working. I got a big shrug; a "I've done the best I could"; and a "you might want to try X." But there was no effort on his part to try to figure out exactly what was wrong. I let him off the hook because, after all, I had not leverage. He had already been paid. Eventually, I went to Home Depot, purchased a new RO system, and connected it. Voila! Both the ice maker and filtered water faucet worked! Summary: (i) I know plumbing is expensive. So please, just inform me of the cost and, assuming I'm OK with it, please do the job; and (ii) there did not appear to be any accountability for having shut down my RO system.

Description of Work
In the dual kitchen sink, we needed the disposal switched from one sink to the other.

09/15/2017

Larry L.

Very professional and kept us informed of progress. Did a great job of cleaning up after each day.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel, added a new shower moved the tub and vanity and bought the system up to code.

08/06/2017

Mary Ann S.

He seemed to know exactly what he was doing, was prompt, polite and professional. Also reasonably priced. The second time when he came to check on washing machine water pipes, he told me that they did not need fixing after all so I didn't have to pay to get them fixed. No future leaks. So this man is also honest.

Description of Work
Dana came by 2 separate times: First to fix my leaking sink. Then to check for replacing washing machine water pipes because of potential future leaks.

07/07/2017

Kathyanne N.

Dana changed the facet and did some replumbing in the basement connecting the outdoor faucet. I noticed our irrigation stopped working and called Dana back. He told me to switch the on off handle on irrigation pipe straight up and down. I heard water fill the irrigation pipe. The irrigation still didn't work and in fact I found water gushing out from the sprinkler bell on the outside. I turned off the line to the sprinkler and call Northwest Irrigation. The plumber hadn't turned on another value on the sprinkler pipe. That was all it was. When I called Dana and told him what the Northwest tech found and he was willing to explain the issue with Dana, Dana refused and said they are always badmouthing plumbers. I pointed out that the irrigation system hadn't work since he was here and now it does. Now I have to pay for a service call became of the plumbers error. I am not a happy customer.

Description of Work
Change outdoor faucet

06/24/2017

Steven V.

They are good, hes dependable, pleasant to work with and knowlegable about what he is dong.

Description of Work
I used Dana Hoagland Plumbing Inc

06/14/2017

Sharon M.

We are mid-project but it's going very well.

Description of Work
New water heater, replace shower enclosure and faucets.

06/12/2017

Tim H.

Reasonable price, professional installation

Description of Work
Installed a water softener and whole house water filter

06/06/2017

Heath E.

His work was very professional and he was a pleasure to speak with as well. I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Water heater install

05/13/2017

Helen M.

Very well. Particularly appreciated his advice on how to survive the leak until he could arrive to make repairs.

Description of Work
replaced water pipes with pinhole leak and updated laundry room faucets.

05/08/2017

Cherie Z.

Fine Plumber was on time, prepared and polite

Description of Work
Unclog bathroom drain

04/24/2017

Kevin N.

I hired Dana Plumbing for a leak under my sink in my bathroom. I believed the leak was due to a bad shut off valve and to avoid for future issues, requested both hot and cold water values be replaced, which cost $185.00. Once replaced, Dana, of Dana Plumbing, determined the leak was actually coming from the sink’s spout. Dana did not have the necessary replacement parts, which I then ordered direct from the manufacturer, Delta Faucet, at no cost. Once the parts arrived, about a week later, Dana came back and fixed the leak at an additional cost of $135.00. I’m won’t use Dana’s services again for the following reasons” 1. Lack if spare parts inventory. Delta Faucets told me the parts were universal for many models of the bathroom faucets and “pretty standard”. I feel it is reasonable to expect Dana Plumbing to have had these parts readily available and probably in his work van. The leaky sink would have been fixed that day and avoided all or at least some of the cost of a second visit. 2. No warranty on repairs. Dana advised that since I provided the parts, there was no warranty even though they were Delta brand parts. If I had known the policy, I would have had Dana order and provide the parts. I didn’t expect a 5-year warranty, but 30-60 days seems reasonable.

Description of Work
Leaking bathroom sink

04/10/2017

Sally W.

Prompt, clean and professional. I have recommended them many times since.

Description of Work
gas line to kitchen for gas range

03/28/2017

JASON E.

Great, was on time, looks and works perfectly. He also brought some water lines up to code without additional charges

Description of Work
Water heater installed

03/18/2017

Nancy S.

Jake was our plumber and he was excellent. Arrived on time and did the work quickly and to perfection. We thought the price of $217 was very reasonable for the work done.

Description of Work
We had a kitchen faucet installed, under sink valves replaced and a leaky water heater valve capped.

02/03/2017

Sarah H.

He was prompt, prepared and challenged as well as the utility rooms in Townhouses are NOT very big. He needed to move the water softener out of the way first and then tackle the leaking water heater. He was up for the challenge and did an awesome job. Throughout the entire process of taking out the old and installing the new he explained everything to a 'T'. He took away the old and cleaned up the area around it. I'll continue to call Dana Hoagland Plumbing for all my plumbing needs. They're awesome to work with!

Description of Work
Friday evening I noticed my water heater leaking. I had called CenterPoint as I have HSP (Home Service Plus) they said they couldn't come out to 'look' at for a week. I wasn't getting any sleep. So I chose to call Dana Hoagland Plumbing to which I've had other service calls with. Dana had me take some photos and measurements of the water heater and space and also the top view where all the copper pipes are connected. He got back to me and said I can be there tomorrow, Saturday by 11am.

01/24/2017

Jim L.

Great both jobs done very professionally including recommending and purchasing parts different than we had purchased.

Description of Work
Replaced kitchen sink drain and bathroom toilet shutoff valve.

01/16/2017

James F.

Did what they said they would do, when they said they would do it, and for a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Fixed broken drain pipe.

Atreas Contracting LLC

Atreas Contracting LLC is a customer focused general contractor with long term, reliable, quality, cost effective partnerships with sub-contractors to fulfill all your new construction as well as remodeling and insurance storm restoration needs. Acceptable payments are cash, check or major credit cards (Visa or MasterCard). Payments can be made in full or can be made by utilizing a standard third progress payment schedule, a third initial payment, a third half completion payment and a final third payment upon project completion. >>>MENTION ANGIE'S LIST WHEN YOU CALL TO BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT AND RECEIVE 5% OFF YOUR TOTAL PROJECT PRICE!

D-Tails Construction Services Inc.

Xpres Kitchen & Bath

Xpres Remodeling is a full-service kitchen, bathroom and basement remodeling contractor in the Twin Cities. Our specialty includes, but is not limited to, bathroom demo, reconfiguration, rough-in, design work, and fixture installation. We offer quick restyling solutions, tub to shower conversions as well as fully custom remodels that we craft to meet your daily routines and budget. From tile to toilets, vanities, flooring & more, we can assist you in bringing your dream bathroom to life! Kitchen remodeling will not only improve the look of your home but it is also long-term investment. Xpres is highly specialized in kitchen remodels offering quick affordable cabinet refacing solutions, countertop updates and fully custom remodels. With a team of in house designers, we craft your kitchen to meet your daily routines and entertainment plans. We also offer Xpres Accessibility, which helps people have a safer experience in their shower & bath. We can install different types of grab bars & fold-up chairs to make bathing simply safer. All of our solutions are carried out by our expert team of craftsmen whos attention to detail is bar none. As a family owned business for over 30 years, we have in-house plumbing, HVAC, framing, finish work & painting. This gives us a lot more control over timelines & deadlines, compared to contractors that have to sub-out all of their work. If you want to remodel a bathroom or kitchen in your home, condo, or apartment, please contact us. We focus on really listening & taking the time to understand our customers goals in bringing their remodeling vision to life! Our #1 goal is to help our customers get what they want, with as little stress as possible.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Plumbing Services, residential & commercial plumbing, boiler work, leaking pipes, new construction, irrigation stub-outs, water heater installation, water softener installation, bathroom & kitchen remodels, fixture & faucet change-outs, lower level rough-in & finishes, winterization & dewinterizations, rpz installation & maintenance.