C & C Lawns Inc

Founded 1999 • With Angi since July 2005

We are you complete outdoor needs experts. From lawn, landscape, irrigation and commercial snow we can handle your projects from large to small....

Flores Lawncare and Snow Removal LLC

At Flores Lawncare and Snow Removal our belief is that our customers needs are the utmost importance. Our team with 10+ years experience is committed to meeting those needs. We welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver you the best service. No job is to big or to small, please contact us for a free estimate!

Van Buren Landscape

We are a full-service landscape company specializing in design & installation. Van Buren Landscape is committed to providing quality work and professional results. We offer many selections to meet a wide range of interests. You may choose a soft scape with a variety of plant selections, or a landscape area complete with sidewalks, retaining walls, and a patio for entertaining family and friends. We endeavor to help you gain knowledge about your landscape both during the project and in the future.

Shadywood Tree Experts Inc

Shadywood Tree Experts & Landscaping does more than just tree removal and stump grinding. We also focus on treating tree diseases and pest control (like the Emerald Ash Borer, Dutch Elm, etc.) as well as fertilizing trees in the urban environment. Our I.S.A. Certified Arborists will come give a free evaluation of your trees, giving the best suggestions to keep your trees healthy & sound. Landscape services are also available through our company, including hardscapes (patios, retaining walls, firepits, outdoor living rooms, etc.) as well as softscapes (landscape designs and plantings). We are open M-F from 8am-4pm and would be happy to schedule an appointment to meet your needs. Remember to mention Angie's List and get $20 off (some restrictions apply). We excel in exceeding our client's expectations and can usually perform the work within days of recieving the go ahead. We will gladly offer recommendations as to what should be done immediately, as well as what can wait to be done at a later date. We work with many of the city forresters in the areas we service and we have extensive experience with townhomes, condos and other homeowner associations along with private residences. We are licensed wherever required in our service areas. Each of our tree crews has at least one I.S.A. Certified Arborist on the job, and each of our estimators also holds this specialized certification. We have a separate Plant Health Care Division staying up-to-date on all of the current pests, diseases, etc. posing problems in our area. We are especially vigilant in keeping tabs on the sightings of the Emerald Ash Borer, which has already moved into South Minneapolis. We offer the equivalent of an immunization to protect your ash tree, even if your neighbors do nothing. Your tree can be protected, so call to find out how .

06/28/2014

In summary, I'm assuming you get what you pay for. Normally I don't take the cheapest bid, but I have used them for fertilizing/weeed prevention and know 2 people that have used them for landscaping/sprinkler install. I got 3 bids, Cand C was the cheapest, however, I ended up having to give them the 2 plans that I got from my other 2 bids to get what I wanted. I asked for a quote in late March to get first in line for installation. It took until about May 15th for me to even get a drawing of the plans and that was after me repeatedly asking. Excuses were rain kept them too busy - seems to me rain would give ample time to make a sketch, especially what I got for one. When I got them they looked like they took 5 minutes to sketch them out (not at all professional looking compared to my other 2 bids). The biggest surprise I had and I guess yet to be seen if ok is they didn't remove all the old rock from my old landscaping, just put black fabric over it. Also where there was a change in the layout from old to new, they didn't put any black dirt down just threw a bit of seed down. I also feel they were stingy on the rock and mulch used. But for the price difference of the other 2 bids, I can still get some rock and mulch and add black dirt/more seed to areas needed. So overall I'm satisfied with the project for the price I paid.

Description of Work
Put in new landscaping in my front yard, including Chilton stone edging, 2 1/2 inch river rock, mulch and about 20 plants.

09/03/2013

They were fast and dependable. When we had l;ate snows they were also willing to continue service.

Description of Work
Monthly Snow removal

03/20/2013

2012 was the fourth year I used this company and will be the last. The quality of the work has, in my opinion, decreased substantially since I first started using them. I am very disappointed and am looking for a new service provider for 2013.

Description of Work
Lawn mowing

11/17/2011

I found this company on Angie's List and have used them for mowing for the last three years. The price is very reasonable and I enjoy coming home to a mown lawn. I was very satisfied with their service the first summerr, relatively satisfied the second summer, and somewhat disappointed this past summer because the quality of the work was not up to the same standard as before. Early in the past summer it seemed that the blades on the mowers were not sharp enough and the grass was left so long that it made it difficult to tell that the lawn had even been mown. Given the cool, wet spring I thought that the grass could have been cut much shorter. Later on in the summer, the height of the cut was good, but there would be lines of uncut grass. I will keep using this company, but I may have to have a chat with the owner next year if they continue as they did last summer.

Description of Work
Lawn mowing

10/07/2011

Generally a a good job. Missed one spot.

Description of Work
Lawn fertilizer and weed control.

01/25/2010

They came out and did a fine job. In fact they did a better job than they had the first time. This time they got the work done under the trees and flower beds.

Description of Work
We used C & C Lawns Inc. for a spring clean-up.

04/21/2009

Very fast response, but quote was highest that came in.

Description of Work
Estimate for annual fertilization program. Approx. cost: $67.00.

Category lawn treatment

01/20/2009

They were very professional, especially the estimating. The estimate was performed by a professional civil engineer, and the amount and time I was told it would take was right on the button. The engineer came to my house, introduced himself, and told me to go inside my house and wait about 30 minutes for him to do the estimate. After he was done he came in, told me exactly what was need, how many cubic yards of rock and stone I would need, and told me he would have to go back to his office to figure out the price. He called me up the next day with the price. He was, to my amazement, half the price of the other company who came out to do an estimate. They did a great job.

Description of Work
They did landscaping for me and put in a crushed stone walk.

08/25/2008

From the beginning, C and C did a very poor job. The grass was cut much too short, the mowers "scalped" parts of the yard and the string trimming alternated between missing spots and cutting all the way down to the roots. After several phones calls, none of which were returned, they managed to correct the problem with the height of the cut. Soon after, however, the crew broke a landscape light and left a large scratch in a gate by trying to force their mower through it. We called again to point out the problems and again got no reply from C and C. Still, we gave them an additional chance. This time their crews left massive amounts of clippings all over the yard. Again a call to C and C and again no response. Called again to fire them and as expected, was forced to leave a message. Our experience involved very poor work and even worse service. Wouldn't have them back if they were free.

Description of Work
We hired C & C to cut our lawn this year. Also received quotes in the spring for fall clean-up and other lawn maintenance services.

09/24/2007

Cand C do not show up like robots every week to a pre-set schedule. They gauge the needs of the yard according to actual weather experience and work accordingly. My absence overseas happened to coincide with a prolonged (8 week) drought and the yard does not have a sprinkler system. Consequently, much of the grass began to shrivel and very little cutting was needed. To my surprise, Cand C noted that this meant they had done much less work through the summer than anticipated and volunteered to attempt re-seeding the most damaged areas - at no charge to me - to try to restore the lawns. That thoughtful and generous attitude seems to typify Cand C's approach to business.

Description of Work
Annual contract for Spring and Fall clean-ups; all mowing; all fertilizing (subcontracted). Yard size approx 0.6 acre, terraced and steep slopes. I would not normally have wanted this soup-to-nuts type of job performed, but this year I had to spend most of the summer overseas and so could not maintain the yard myself. The Fall clean-up is yet to be performed, but I so impressed with C&C's performance to date that I am fully confident they will be done well.

Category lawn service,lawn treatment

Landscaping, lawn & yard work.

Check, PayPal