AdvantaClean of Southwest Minneapolis

Founded 2014 • With Angi since April 2014

9 7th Ave N

Hopkins, MN 55343

Specializing in water damage, mold removal, air duct cleaning and dryer vent cleaning for the residential, commercial and industrial markets....

09/27/2019

Lisa T.

FANTASTIC team and very professional and customer-focused. Kind, respectful and went the extra mile to help with our issue prior to moving. Thank you to Isaac, Greg and Aaron who were the best team ever!

Description of Work
Mold/mildew remediation in laundry room

05/18/2016

marilyn P.

Description of Work
They answer our call promptly, arrived on time and gave us references for other contractors needed to complete work. I give them an A+!

04/07/2016

Kathleen C.

Description of Work
I do not recall ever meeting with this company.

02/18/2016

Nancy W.

We used Angie's List to find a provider who could measure for mold levels in our basement. Based on the information on Angie's List and the company's website, we believed Advanta Clean was able to perform the test and this was the service we were purchasing. We were charged the $150 service fee and given some general ideas about removing the musty smell from our basement. However, if we wanted mold testing, we would need to hire another firm, and pay another service fee and testing costs. Had we known Advanta Clean did not do testing as part of the initial service, we would have booked an appropriate company. When booking Advanta Clean, make sure you are crystal clear about what services are provided at each step of their process. We feel the $150 would have been fair if the mold testing would have been included in that price. As of today, we feel as if we were misled by the Advanta Clean website and the information on Angie's List.

Description of Work
The representative took a humidity and temperature test of our basement. We talked about general ideas to remove the musty smell from our basement. The representative was knowledgeable and professional. However, he did not come with tools to measure the mold levels in our basement. He referred us to another service where we'd have to pay yet another service fee. Had we known the company was unable to perform mold testing, we would have booked another service.

Category mold removal

Hi [Member Name Removed], I'm sorry you feel this way. We do try to make it very clear that there's a stark contrast between testing and inspecting. They are two different services with two different pricing structures. Please let me know if there's anything we can do to make this right. As the vast majority of our reviews would indicate we do strive to be the best and provide excellent service.

10/07/2015

Judith S.

They arrived as planned to quickly assess the damage and figure out the source of the problem of water that had seeped into the area causing the mold that had grown. They discovered more than was originally planned. They helped me (single lady) remove and clear the area to allow them to build a containment around the problem where the mold had accumulated. They did all this quickly and efficiently keeping the area's contained without risk of airborne mold spores becoming a problem. The gentlemen who did this work were considerate and and careful not to disturb and worked to complete the project neatly and efficiently in less than 8 hours. The estimate was right and even though the work was greater, there was no extra charge. The area was cleaned up well and ready to be finished. I would not hesitate to hire again.

Description of Work
Basement Remediation of a moldy area in the basement.

Category mold removal

Thank you so much for the kind words [Member name removed]! We really do try to go above and beyond on every job and "wow" clients. And it's always so gratifying when we not only succeed in that mission but when the client shares that experience with others. It's the greatest compliment we could receive. I will be sharing this feedback with Zach, Dan and Marty.

10/01/2015

Christopher J.

I have decided not to schedule work to be done because the contract that I was to sign and the estimate they gave was too open ended. I wanted both bathrooms to be estimated separately. I didn't feel they would be able to identify the source of the problem. Within the estimate there was a disclaimer that it may be more, and that I would be responsible for extra costs. I thought they would be giving their company an opportunity to gouge me and I would encourage others to shy away from companies that practice gouging.

Description of Work
We have mold in both bathrooms that need remediation. One of which is a result from the units above me.

Category mold removal

Hi [Member name], I can understand your concern but can assure you we certainly do not gouge customers. Our language is written that way simply because the extent of mold problems can be much greater than what we can see on the outside of the walls. Oftentimes the inside of walls have larger issues that we simply cannot be aware of at the time of estimating. It takes pulling some building material apart to truly be sure of the extent of the issue. We want to be upfront about that so we include it in the contract language so we are all on the same page. With this in mind I'd ask you to please reevaluate your review.

09/14/2015

Thomas J.

Description of Work
I was satisfied with their work but unhappy that they left oil spots on my driveway. I asked them to clean them but the response was "we didn't do it". Very disappointing, they absolutely did leave the oil spots.

Category mold removal

Hi [Removed member name], we have looked repeatedly at the bottom of both trucks that were at your property and neither have any oil leaks. We haven't had any oils spots in our lot either. If we felt there was even a chance it was from our vehicles I'd be happy to make it right.

08/18/2015

Mary C.

08/11/2015

Laura T.

The provider was very thorough in determining where the mold was and what needed to be removed to clean out all of the mold spores. They answered all of our questions and addressed all the concerns we had. They completed the work in a timely manner and cleaned up the work area. The basement was left in very good condition. They also gave references for contractors that we could contact to finish up the remaining work. Overall we were very happy with the work that AdvantaClean did for us. My only complaint is that I needed to contact them a couple times to get our service scheduled correctly.

Description of Work
Basement mold remediation

Category mold removal

Thank you for taking time to share your experience [removed member name]! Sorry to hear you had to make more effort than necessary to get things scheduled. "Responsiveness" is one of our core values so this is disappointing. I'll be discussing with our team to see how we could improve upon this.

08/03/2015

Glen C.

Zach was okay, but he didn't do anything that I could have done myself. No special equipment or testing. What a wate.

Description of Work
Perfunctory inspection of possible mold situations; no testing!!

Category mold removal

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for sharing your concerns. We are happy to address them so you do not feel as though you’ve wasted valuable time and money. We did try to contact you several times the day you submitted your review to discuss things. We always want to be sure clients are taken care of so our owner personally hand delivered a full refund with an apology note to your residence within 4 hours of seeing your review. We hope this gives you a sense of having made things right.

06/29/2015

KEN S.

AdvantaClean was very responsive to an issue raised by a renter. They worked directly with the tenant and our property management company to schedule the work needed, communicate with all parties and resolve the problem. They kept me updated on the project and completed everything on time and in a very professional manner. Dealing with tenants can be difficult but Zach was able to keep the tenants happy throughout the process. I will use them again if the need arises and I will not hesitate to recommend them for their services.

Description of Work
Basement water intrusion clean-up and remediation.

Category mold removal

[Member Name Removed] Thank you so much for the kind words! It always means a lot to us when clients take time to express their experiences. I'll be sure Zach gets the feedback!

06/28/2015

Michelle M.

I was very impressed with AdvantaClean of Southwest Minneapolis from the get go. Erik and the AdvantaClean team were always prompt on responding and always very courteous throughout the whole process. They provided quality service at an affordable price, while leaving all areas clean when the work was completed. Their customer service was / is impeccable and I would definitely recommend them to friends, family, and anyone in need of remediation services.

Description of Work
Performed remediation on 7 windows for potential mold caused by condensation.

06/22/2015

Tim T.

Erik Mortensen (owner & GM) of AdvantaClean of Southwest of Minneapolis did an excellent job in understanding my mold concerns, estimating the work to be done, setting expectations, and executing on the work to be done. The technicians were timely, professional, courteous and thorough. I would hire them again at a moment?s notice should I need their services again! Thanks for doing a great job!

Description of Work
remove mold

05/09/2015

Karen S.

The visit was pretty quick. He was finished and on his way in 15 minutes. I took him to the room where the mold issue was. He looked at it, took a picture while I explained the circumstances of the water damage. He explained that serious mold damage would produce a much larger spot and that most likely there wasn't any significant issue. He suggested that I could use a bleach and water solution to kill the mold that was visible and that I have someone look at the roof to locate the hole and have it fixed. He gave me his card if I had any further questions or concerns.

Description of Work
The provider was prompt and friendly. He looked at the mold spot and took a picture of it.

Category water damage restoration,mold removal

03/16/2015

Becky S.

It was great! They explained the entire process, answered any questions along the way, and were very friendly and very professional. Each of the areas they worked on were contained and vented outdoors or through the remediation filter, so we felt safe during the process. The entire removal and cleanup was done in 3 days. And best of all, the smell of mold (plus the actual mold) is gone! Thanks again for doing such a great job. I would totally recommend their service.

Description of Work
Remediation of bathroom, kitchen, and front closet. In bathroom, the walls and floor were removed, then HEPA vacuumed and fungicide applied. In kitchen, floor was water damaged and there was mold behind sink area. First they removed the lower cabinets and sanitized them, then the mold was removed from the walls and the flooring removed. Then entire kitchen was HEPA vacuumed and fungicide was applied. Because the flooring was removed to the base floor in both rooms, the basement portion under these two rooms was also sectioned off, then HEPA vacuumed and fungicide applied. The floor in the room next to the kitchen had some water damage from the kitchen, so we had just the upper floor removed, HEPA vacuumed, and fungicide applied. Last, we had a mold area in the front closet - the portion that was affected was removed and then HEPA vacuumed and fungicide applied. Afterwards we had the ducts cleaned and they applied an anti-microbial throughout the duct work, plus cleaned the bath vent.

Category water damage restoration,air duct cleaning,mold removal,dryer vent cleaning

Thanks for the kind words and the opportunity to serve!

02/11/2015

Xiangkai D.

The AdvantaClean was very responsive and easy to set up appointment. Technician called the day before to confirm the appointment and asked what was expected. Our exterior vent is 30+ feet high above the ground. They don't normally carry that long ladder. But he managed to borrow a long ladder and showed up on time. The job was completed professionally and we are very satisfied with their work. AdvantaClean is highly recommended!

Description of Work
Cleaned the dryer's vent.

Category mold removal,dryer vent cleaning

02/11/2015

Xiangkai D.

Description of Work
Cleaned the dryer vent

Category mold removal,dryer vent cleaning

02/06/2015

Xiangkai D.

AdvantaClean staff and technician were very professional and helpful. Quick appointment scheduling, follow-up call and very responsive. Our exterior vent outlet is about 25 ft high. They normally don't carry ladder to reach that high. But the technician Zach was willing to try and eventually got a longer ladder to complete the job. We are very satisfied with their work!

Description of Work
Cleared the dryer vent.

Category dryer vent cleaning

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review! We're glad we were able to help out and get the job done.

01/24/2015

Lisa S.

Due to the confluence of heavy snowmelt and heavy rains in the spring of 2014, the basement bedroom of our 1957 rambler developed mold. When the initial company that we contacted didn't respond to our request for an estimate, we contacted AdvantaClean. Erik Mortensen, owner and General Manager, soon returned our call and stopped by to give us an estimate. His professionalism and knowledge alone convinced me that AdvantaClean would be a good fit for the job, so we agreed that day to schedule the date of service. When the time arrived to perform the work, the team was running about an hour late, hardly a cause for concern, and they promptly notified us. Once there, they quickly set about deconstructing the existing drywall and soon identified the mold, which was more extensive than foreseen. We gave the go ahead to treat all of it, and Erik accommodated us by agreeing to finish the entire job that day. Unfortunately, accessing the additional mold along the inside of the bathroom wall required deconstructing that wall, as well as removing the toilet, and team promptly and efficiently addressed these unanticipated tasks. By early evening, all mold had been removed, a welcomed sight that I could see with my own eyes. In addition to the mold remediation, we requested the optional air duct cleaning that AdvantaClean offers customers. So thankful that we did, as this affordable necessity, completed by a separate team on the same day, revealed a significant amount of dust that had been occupying our air ducts for some time. We immediately noticed a difference in the quality of the air circulating through our home, a refreshing indication of a job well-done. Would definitely again use AdvantaClean of Southwest Minneapolis, and highly recommend them to others facing the unfortunate but all-too-common issues of basement mold.

Description of Work
Basement bedroom mold remediation, including deconstruction of three walls, and additional bathroom remediation. Optional air duct cleaning of entire home.

Category air duct cleaning,mold removal

Hi (Member name removed)! Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review of our performance. I apologize for the punctuality issue but glad it wasn't too much of an inconvenience. All The Best! Erik

10/19/2014

Matthew E.

I highly recommend AdvantaClean for Attic Mold remediation. Mold was found in my attic during a home-buyer inspection. Erik and advantaclean was recommended to me by my realator. Erik was able to come out and meet me the same day we called. He educated me on the problem, talked me through the process and explained what was needed. He responded to calls, texts, and emails within an hour, most of the time within 15 min or less!... Erik followed-up with me regularly through the process, was very aware of urgency of my situation, and completed the job on time. Erik and the Advantaclean clean staff turned a very frustrating situation into a positive customer experience. I have nothing but good things to say about how they handled my remediation.

Description of Work
Remediated mold found in the attic.

Category mold removal

Thank you so much for the kind words [member name removed]! Truly our pleasure to help you out! All The Best, Erik

09/02/2014

Brant P.

They were outstanding. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They did mold testing.

08/04/2014

john V.

After calling several other companies that never returned my calls, Advantaclean answered on Saturday afternoon about 1/2 hour after I left a message. He came out on Sunday morning to do a free assessment of our problem, with no guarantee that he would get the job. After a very thorough inspection and evaluation of the best way to proceed, they started the job on the following Tuesday. They removed all damaged walls sanitized and cleaned up every where they had been. If I have any further needs they will be my only call. Their professionalism, courtesy, honesty and prompt attention to our emergency was absolutely outstanding.

Description of Work
Removed mold and mildew from basement after water damage.

Category water damage restoration,mold removal

Hi! Wow what a great review! Thanks so much! I hope things went very well in Haiti! Glad to see you at the fundraising event at Buffalo Wild Wings. All The Best! Erik

06/01/2014

Thea L.

I am giving this provider the and quot;excellentand quot; rating despite a fairly serious communication problem at one point because the responses by the owner and his staff to my complaint made up for the problem. AdvantaClean is a national franchise based in North Carolina and this one is owned and operated by Erik Mortenson of Shakopee. He takes customer service and communication VERY seriously. Between the initial assessment visit and the actual work day, there was a communication problem; his staff told me that the work was likely to begin on a certain date, but no one contacted me to confirm and I had to call at 9 p.m. the night before the said date to ask what was happening. I expressed to Erik my concern that such negligence was also going to show up in the quality of the actual work. He immediately apologized, spoke to the staff who also apologized, and kept in close communication throughout the rest of the process. His crew was hard-working and courteous, and the work was well done. I just received a Thank-You note from Erik. Who does that!? I did not rate the price category because I was referred to Erik by my trusted real estate agent and did not get estimate from other providers.

Description of Work
Moisture and mold removal

Category mold removal

Hi! I was just coached that I should really respond to reviews so I know this is really late but better late than never I suppose. Thanks so much for the review! It always means a lot when clients take the time to submit one. All The Best! Erik

05/14/2014

Dan S.

The process was quick and very well organized. Communication throughout the whole process was phenomenal. From scheduling to arrival time and clean up. When Zach and Erik arrived, they went straight to work after explaining the process they were using. We have 3 kids at home, and Erik and Zach were able to work around them and were very friendly towards our kids when they would ask them questions. Zach was gracious enough to talk through our heating unit maintenance and what we may need in the future based on what he was seeing and how to replace it, and where to get it. Clean up was smooth and they left the house more clean than when they showed up, after cleaning all the vent screens as well as all dirt blown out of the ducts. I would absolutely recommend them for any one needing their air ducts cleaned.

Description of Work
Erik and Zach showed up on time and were very professional and courteous. They were able to clean out air ducts in the time we were quoted.

Category air duct cleaning

05/13/2014

Dan S.

Both Erik and Zach worked efficient and quickly. They explained each phase of the job and were more than happy to answer any questions during the process. The communication leading up to the job was excellent. Both Erik and Zach left the house cleaner than when they arrived, cleaning all vent covers and reattaching them after cleaning them. Great job guys!

Description of Work
We had Erik and Zach out to clean our duct work after moving into our new house. They were both very professional, courteous, and were able to work around our schedule. They were right on time and ready to work the second they arrived on the job. The time spent was right in line with what the estimate had said.

Category air duct cleaning

Green Clean Restoration & Carpet Care

Super Service Award Winner 11 Years in a Row! 10% off Initial Emergency Service for Water, Fire or Smoke Damage. Green Clean is a locally-owned, full service cleaning and restoration company. Founded in 1996, Green Clean (formerly R&C Cleaning Specialists) has established a reputation for delivering high-quality cleaning and restoration services for homeowners, businesses, and insurance companies throughout the entire Twin Cities Metro area. From initial consultations to project management, reconstruction and restorations, every member of Green Clean staff are dedicated to restoring healthy environments. That dedication, along with an experienced, IICRC-certified staff of cleaning and restoration technicians have earned Green Clean an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. 24 hour Water/Fire Damage Response Line 612-789-9600. Additional phones: (952) 944-9600 and (651) 714-4554.

Offers by Green Clean Restoration & Carpet Care on Angi
    All Dry Minneapolis

If your home or business has recently experienced a disaster or are in need of cleanup, there’s already a lot on your mind. Cleaning up the mess and bringing your property back to its pre-damaged condition shouldn’t be another thing you need to worry about. Since 2014, All Dry Services has been dedicated to helping homeowners and business owners who are dealing with the aftermath of disasters. We care about your property and our goal is to leave your home better than we found it — and even better than its original condition.

Restoration 1 of Greater Minneapolis

At Restoration 1, we understand that the people we work with are going through a stressful and emotionally difficult time. Because of this, we strive to provide caring and courteous support, upfront communication, and effective services to our customers. We handle water damage, fire cleanup, smoke odor removal, mold remediation and any other services needed to restore your home or business.

Offers by Restoration 1 of Greater Minneapolis on Angi

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

2014 Super Service Award Winner! Water damage, mold removal, air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning, lead stabilization

Carpet Cleaning, Window Cleaning