Trinity Landscaping & Excavating Inc

Founded 2000 • With Angi since February 2013

Specializing in commercial and residential landscaping, excavating, demolition work, material hauling & decorative or plain concrete work. We service the Twin Cities Metro, Central Minnesota, and Western Wisconsin....

A Service Provider's profile image

+53 more images

concrete repair (147)concrete driveways (43)excavating (25)lawn & landscaping (20)Patios (13)stamped concrete (11)driveway pavers (8)hardscaping (7)stone & gravel (6)mulch delivering (6)hauling (4)pressure washing (2)

05/28/2022

Keith C.

A++++++ This project was done on time, on budget, excellent work, and even with a couple last minute changes I made during project (that required a last minute permit) they still met original completion date. Owner was on site every day, crew was polite, professional, everyone was hard working and I couldn't be happier with the completed project. I would FOR SURE use them again and already recommended Trinity Landscape and Excavation to a friend.

Description of Work
Tear out existing sidewalk and driveway and replace with new concrete sidewalk around house, driveway, and driveway skirt. Re-grade yard, put downspouts in ground, re-grade entire exterior of .2 acre lot.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, excavators, hauling services, mulch, pressure washing

Work Completed On 05/27/2022

10/20/2021

Will B.

The entire project went fantastic and the end result is exactly what I expected. Travis and crew were easy to work. Travis was super accommodating when I wanted to make a couple changes to the initially bid project. Would definitely use Trinity again for future projects.

Description of Work
concrete and retaining wall work.

Category concrete repair, hardscaping

Work Completed On 10/24/2021

03/12/2021

Theresa B.

Travis did a great job removing a concrete apron from our driveway and also brought in red rock and graded the driveway. Very quick yet thourough. Would hire again!

Description of Work
remove concrete and add gravel to driveway

Category concrete repair, pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 03/09/2021

02/14/2021

Chris H.

Couldn't be happier with Trinity's work on my project so far. Hired Travis to do the site prep for my barn. Work was exactly as described and as a result I've hired Trinity to pour the concrete in the building in a few weeks. We've been working through the winter and he's been great with coaching me through the unique aspects of Minnesota winter construction. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Site Excavation for Pole Barn

Category excavators

Work Completed On 12/14/2020

Review for Trinity Landscaping & Excavating Inc - 19910 Larkin Rd, Hamel, MN - 39192406

10/11/2020

Jessica M.

We couldn't be happier! Travis and his crew did a great job on our patio. It looks great and we have had lots of compliments from neighbors. Having a small backyard, we appreciated that Trinity used smaller-sized equipment to minimize the damage. They were helpful with the design and resolved some grading issues that had resulted in water in our garage each Spring. The key differentiator for us was the integrity and honesty of the company. We never felt like Trinity was trying to cut corners. In fact, there were a couple of days where they were on-site to perform a task (e.g. cutting control joints) and they chose to delay and make an extra trip because the concrete wasn't ready. It would have been easiest for them just to perform the task since they were already on-site, but they chose to delay in the best interest of our project. And...Trinity was actually one of the lower bids we received for this project.

Description of Work
Stamped concrete patio, sidewalk and stairs

Category stamped concrete, patios

Work Completed On 09/18/2020

Review for Trinity Landscaping & Excavating Inc - 19910 Larkin Rd, Hamel, MN - 38939220

09/16/2020

Mike M.

Travis and team provided superior service while replacing our driveway with precision. His attention to detail stood out from demolition through pouring and finishing. We could not be happier with the final product! Would highly recommend!

Description of Work
Driveway replacement

Work Completed On 09/11/2020

08/29/2020

Val S.

Trinity (Travis & crew) done an AMAZING job, Travis (owner) was on site all the way working with the crew, made suggestions to us and ensured that the job gets done right. I have had people passing by complimenting my new side walk and asked me for Trinity’s number, which I gladly shared. Absolutely fabulous work and a job well done.

Description of Work
concrete work, side walk and apron

Work Completed On 08/30/2020

08/09/2020

Pam D.

Travis and his crew were comfortable and easy to work with. As the job progressed he advised of new ways it could be done and listened to our ideas. The result was a fantastic outcome. We could not be more pleased. Prices were reasonable and clean up was complete.

Description of Work
We added to our driveway. Added steps, landings between our house and the new driveway.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, patios

Work Completed On 08/09/2020

Review for Trinity Landscaping & Excavating Inc - 19910 Larkin Rd, Hamel, MN - 38784315

07/29/2020

henry W.

Great. They took the old shed away and poured a slab for the new shed in one day. They were great to work with - thanks Travis!

Description of Work
concrete and demo work

Category concrete repair, excavators, hauling services

Work Completed On 08/12/2020

Review for Trinity Landscaping & Excavating Inc - 19910 Larkin Rd, Hamel, MN - 38791471

07/27/2020

Ijaz O.

erosion control and boulder landscaping

Description of Work
I can’t say enough good things about Trinity Landscaping. They show up on time, take great care of your property, do quality work, and are very reliable. They are easy to work with and give several ideas to think about if you have specific problems. They also aren’t pushy. You won’t find any better out there. Very hard workers.

Category excavators, landscaping

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

06/06/2020

HOWARD P.

Travis and his crew were great to work with. Thoroughly professional and taking the time to explain why work was being done a certain way. Very pleased!

Description of Work
Replace sinking driveway apron by garage door, as well as concrete back patio and stoop for garage service door

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, patios

Work Completed On 05/29/2020

04/18/2020

Tamatha S.

Travis did an amazing job with a very expansive driveway project. Our home is situated on a hill and there were a lot of water flow challenges to overcome. Travis was very professional and worked over and above our timeframe to complete our project during a very rainy fall. We couldn’t be happier with how it turned out and our new driveway was a game changer during the winter months.

Description of Work
Excavated old asphalt driveway and front door landing and replaced with concrete. Also created a two-level boulder wall and small stepping pads.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, excavators, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

Work Completed On 09/19/2019

10/03/2019

Camille D.

Travis and his partner are amazing! Our driveway went from the street in front, along the house, to the back fence. Part of it was asphalt, and part of it the concrete from an old garage that was removed long before I moved in. While we tried ourselves to remove it all, eventually we called Trinity, and a few other companies. Not only did Trinity give us the best estimate, all communication with them was prompt and professional. When they arrived, they were great guys who did a beautiful job. Next year we're probably going to be repaving what's left of the driveway, and we'll call them immediately.

Description of Work
Removal of concrete and asphalt driveway, and filled in with topsoil

Category concrete driveways, excavators, hauling services, mulch, driveway pavers

Work Completed On 08/19/2019

09/11/2019

Nic L.

Travis and his team were TOP NOTCH and I cannot recommend them enough to anyone looking for concrete work or excavating. When we first met with him in the early spring of 2018 we told him we weren't in any rush and that we just needed to have the steps replaced by late October. We were pleasantly surprised when he called us in early August and said he'd be able to get to us in early September 2018. Within two days our cracked and crumbing steps were gone and replaced with new concrete that looked amazing thanks to Travis and his team. He and his entire crew were a pleasure to work with and we could not be happier with the final results of their work. It also should be said that Travis is a very cool guy that keeps things direct and simple - he's a real joy to work with from start to finish.

Description of Work
Tear out and replacement of crumbling front and back steps and portion of sidewalks.

Work Completed On 09/11/2018

09/09/2019

Shawn M.

We were very pleased with Trinity's work! Travis and his team did a beautiful job installing a new patio in our backyard. We felt they were very thorough, there was a lot of excavating to do prior to pouring the concrete and they didn't take any shortcuts. Travis kept us updated every step of the way, explaining their work and next steps. As others said, the start of the project was a bit delayed due to rain and their busy schedule, but we would absolutely hire again! Several of our neighbors commented that the crew was super polite and easy to work with (we have a narrow alley so the crew had to move at times). We've gotten so many compliments on the finished work. Thank you Travis and Trinity!!

Description of Work
Stamped concrete patio installed

Category concrete repair, stamped concrete, patios

Work Completed On 07/08/2019

09/07/2019

GERALD B.

The job they did was very good. Their price was competitive for the work I needed and we look forward to enjoying the driveway once it is cured. The only thing I would let people know when going through them is that they, like a lot of other contractors, book themselves fairly heavily so add some time to the estimate time of the install. Ours was done about 30 days from the original estimate but we are very happy with it and I would recommend them due to how easy they were to work with and the quality of the work. ***Update*** It took almost 5 months for the driveway to be replaced. It looked very nice but has since developed a crack which Trinity has stated will happen with a floating slab so is not covered under warranty. The crack is over 4 feet long and the driveway is only 4 months old. Also, where the sidewalk was replaced, drainage has created washouts which we are going to have to have find a way to correct.

Description of Work
Concrete Driveway and sidewalk replacement

Work Completed On 09/07/2019

09/06/2019

Eric K.

Final product looks outstanding. Travis was always responsive to my inquiries and patient with my questions. Install was much later than originally estimated due to an unusually wet summer, but the final product looks great. Received multiple bids and Travis was in the middle of the pack. His crew was polite and did a nice job keeping the job site clean. 2100 s.f. Driveway was done in 2 days.

Description of Work
Replace 28 year old asphalt driveway

Work Completed On 08/15/2019

09/01/2019

Zach L.

Travis has an amazing work ethic and impeccable attention to detail. When we approached him about removing our underground bomb shelter, he was up front about it being his first time removing one. However, he has experience removing pools so he could directly transfer that knowledge and experience. We were very concerned about potential damage to our home foundation and he took that into account. He was very involved in the planning and design of the project making us feel important and empowered. He even corresponded with us remotely while we were out on vacation to finalize the design of the concrete sidewalk layout and plan sending us pictures realtime. He let us make the decisions that mattered to us and simply executed the work without complaining. I would definitely hire Travis and Trinity to do any concrete and excavation work for us again.

Description of Work
Concrete demolition, yard grading, patio, and sidewalk

Category concrete repair, excavators, hauling services, landscaping, mulch, stamped concrete, patios

Work Completed On 02/23/2020

08/04/2019

Pam H.

Travis exceeded my expectation in every area of this project! I was having major water issues in my basement due to the existing patio area sinking three inches from our harsh winter and spring flooding. Since he completed the project, we've had a storm with large rainfall totals...the new patio did exactly what he said it would...the water ran away from the house and drained to one central area into a garden! Not only does it keep water away from the house, the entire area is beautiful! Travis also went out of his way to make little tweaks to make it look more "finished." I recommend Trinity Landscaping & Excavating without hesitation!

Description of Work
removed and replaced large concrete patio, sidewalk, timber retaining wall, and timber steps.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, excavators, landscaping, patios

Work Completed On 07/25/2019

07/08/2019

Brandon T.

When Trinity showed up he was kind businessman, with a fair estimate. Saw I was retired military and gave me a discount. With this Trinity verbally told me his company has a 2 year warranty on everything he does, but there is nothing stating this in our contract or his website. After I got my estimate and hired Trinity Landscaping it took 5 months for them to come out and do my driveway. Once completed, it looked awesome. My driveway has some pop outs, some the size of a quarter and when I emailed Trinity about it, they gave me some advice along with telling me to take care of it myself.

Description of Work
To rip out my tar driveway which was 3 1/2 deep. Replace the driveway with a concrete driveway.

Category concrete driveways

03/31/2019

Zane P.

Engaged a few times over two years. Installer was what we wanted but continued to up their price upon every engagement. Though we offered money down, there was continuous issue with accommodating our requests. This vendor does not have a great word-of-mouth reference in this area and continues to offer VERY POOR customer service for those in need of concrete repair.

Description of Work
Would NEVER recommend

Work Completed On 01/21/2019

Dear Angies List customers. I first was contacted by this customer in March of 2017 and he had an urgent water problem. I met with him and gave him some good ideas for his project which he liked. I gave him an estimate but advised him we were book out a ways. He answered back that I was a little higher the other estimates he received. I told him that with my over head cost I can’t beat everyone’s prices. Then in February of 2018 he contacted me again with the same project. I said I had to adjust my bid for material and labor increases for spring and then I sent it out. Again he questioned my price and said he had other contractors that were cheaper. Then in January of 2019 he contacted me again with the same project. I told him again I had to adjust my estimate for the year and I sent it out. He again questioned my estimate, saying he had lower prices but this time he said he didn’t contact me in 2018. Then I told him that since he had other bids that maybe it was best if he used one of them. In the end I’m not quite sure why he didn’t get the water problem fixed by one of the other cheaper contractors but he did decide to try and tarnish my good name which I feel was very uncalled for. I work very hard as you’ve seen in all my reviews to give you the best quality service possible. I truly hope he gets his problem fixed but also hope he doesn’t hurt another good contractor in the process. Thank you for your time.

11/10/2018

Marion S.

I have an estimate; work will be done in May or June of 2019. I made a deposit. The balance is due at completion of the project. Trevor was good to work with and provided answers to my questions. Very professional, kind and courteous.

Description of Work
replace front and side stoop and sidewalks

Category concrete repair, landscaping, mulch

Work Completed On 11/10/2018