Simon Husbands Piano Technician

Founded 1997 • With Angi since February 2012

Piano Tuning
Musical Instrument Repair

Hours are not available for this pro right now. Please check back later.

1796 Maryland Ave N

Golden Valley, MN 55427

Simon Husbands is a fully qualified piano technician from the UK, now living and working in Minneapolis, with over 18,000 piano tunings under his belt. He has extensive piano experience from working with small spinet pianos to leading the team that rebuilt the Steinway B for the Governor’s Mansion in St. Paul. He is a fully qualified PianoDisc technician and installer, and is a Field Expert for Dampp Chaser Humidity Systems. Simon moved to the US in late 1997 after attending a 3 year degree course at Newark Technical College in the UK, gaining certifications from the Piano School there. Once in the USA, he has worked extensively for one of the largest piano dealerships in the USA, Schmitt Music – both as an independent piano tuner technician as well as serving for a while as Technical Service Manger. He continues this relationship to this day. Simon has made numerous trips to China to inspect pianos for Schmitt Music and also for the Jordan Kitts company on the east coast. His customers include Minneapolis Public Schools, Schmitt Music, numerous churches, theaters, private individuals - as well as the bands Coldplay and Owl City!...

03/26/2021

Very easy to use website. I was able to get an appointment that was convenient. Mr. Husbands arrived at exactly the time specified. The piano sounds wonderful and he was so efficient and pleasant.

Description of Work
piano tuning

Work Completed On 03/26/2021

Thank you! It was a complete pleasure to meet you and work on your lovely piano!

01/05/2021

Our piano was received as a gift within the family and was substantially out of tune. The technician from Simon Husbands did a great job of getting the piano in tune. I would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Needed a piano tuned

Work Completed On 01/05/2021

Thanks [Member Name Removed], we certainly appreciate your trust and very kind comments!

06/25/2020

90 yr old Baldwin BG, many structural/action issues. Simon created a good balance to make it work for us, earning us time to determine cost effectiveness of investing in same or replacing.

Description of Work
Cleaning, tuning, regulation adjustments

Category musical instrument repair

Work Completed On 06/25/2020

Thanks [Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed] I appreciate your kind comments and your trust. Looking forward to seeing you again!

05/21/2020

Simon did an awesome job tuning our piano.

Description of Work
Piano tune

Work Completed On 05/21/2020

Thanks you guys! Lovely to meet you and to work on the piano!

11/26/2019

Outstanding - Simon fit us in quickly to his busy schedule

Description of Work
Piano tuning

Work Completed On 11/26/2019

Thanks so much! I truly appreciate being able to work with you and look forward to next time!

11/06/2019

Wonderful. Simon fixed the cover for the keys...it was off track and tuned it. Perfectly on time and professional. A good value. 40 yrs old piano sounds new now. Grandkids play... want to encourage them to keep practicing....even at grandmas house. I play more now too and have heard musical instrument playing can prevent dementia...so i am back at it now that it sounds crisp and clear once again. ...

Description of Work
Piano out of tune...also simon told me to look for a pencil inside and sure enough there was one dropped in there.

Category piano tuning,musical instrument repair

Work Completed On 11/06/2019

Thanks for allowing me to work on the piano! It was my privilege and I appreciate it so much!

08/02/2019

Mr. Husbands did a most professional job on our piano. It was horribly out of tune and many keys weren't functioning properly. By the time he left our home after a bit over an hour, we had a well functioning piano that sounds great! Plus, he was friendly, informative and allowed us all to watch him do his work. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
piano tuning and fixing some sticky keys

Category piano tuning,musical instrument repair

Work Completed On 08/01/2019

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! So fun to be able to come and help! You're so very kind!

12/21/2018

Simon was very efficient - our piano sounds great, he was very prompt and professional and the price was reasonable. I would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Piano Tuning

Work Completed On 12/20/2018

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! It was a pleasure to work with you - thanks for being so nice. I really appreciate the kind words, and look forward to seeing you again!

10/03/2018

I chose this tuner because of his impressive credentials and experience with Grand pianos. I pre- paid a gift certificate from this gentleman so my son could schedule appointment. I had no idea the piano needed so much work and assume he worked overtime on it to get it right. There were no extra charges.

Description of Work
I gave my Grand piano to my son and it had been moved and not tuned in over 7 years

Work Completed On 10/03/2018

THANK YOU! You're so very kind to be so nice! I really appreciate your kind comments! Hoping to see you again soon!

07/04/2018

Excellent experience from initial contact to setup the appointment through the service to our piano. Ongoing and up-to-date communication leading up to the time of and after the appointment. All requested services, tuning and appraisal, were performed as expected with the utmost professionalism instilling confidence that we had made the "right" choice when selecting Simon as our piano tuner. We wi...

Description of Work
Piano tuning and appraisal

Work Completed On 06/11/2018

Thank you so very much for the kind words! It was lovely to work with you and I hope our paths cross again before not too long. Thanks once more.

Piano tuning, piano repairs, piano regulating, piano voicing, humidity system installation, PianoDisc service, piano evaluation and appraisal.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal